[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite first episode of the season so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: 01.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
What's your favorite first episode of the season so far?
>>
Re Creators tbhq
>>
Easily Alice and Zouroku, but Renai Bokun was better than I expected.
>>
Re Creators

It's the only one I've seen
>>
>>155784998
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism

Based Silver Link delivers the AOTS as usual.
>>
>>155785126
Lurk about 100 years before posting.
>>
Re:Creators so far. /a/ may not think too well of Aoki and his studio, but you can't deny he is good as fuck director.
>>
>>155784998
eromanga-sensei
>>
>>155785154
Fuck off I just read manga and novels instead
>>
>>155785172
Just re-watch OreImo, ffs. It even has the same obnoxious horn-based soundtrack that blares during the awkward scenes.
>>
>>155785217
Not an excuse.
>>
Eromanga
>>
>>155785106
>u, but Renai Bokun was better than I expected
Did you expect literal shit?
>>
File: bros (2).jpg (25KB, 460x409px) Image search: [Google]
bros (2).jpg
25KB, 460x409px
>>155785134
This.
>>
>>155785268
Pretty much. I expected generic harem #2685294 with no redeemable qualities and got a harem that gets a few laughs out of me.
>>
>>155785362
Let me ask that a different way. If that was the best first episode you watched or maybe second only to Alice to Zouroku, then what else did you watch? Anything else?
>>
>>155785415
>that was the best first episode you watched or maybe second only to Alice to Zouroku
I never said that. I only mentioned it because it was OP's picture and I only said it was better than I expected, which isn't saying much.
>>
>>155785415
Sagrada Reset.
>>
>>155784998
SukaSuka had the best OST, direction and introduction of this season in my opinion.
>>
File: 100.gif (83KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
83KB, 395x281px
>>155785451
Seriously? What else did yoy watch?
>>
>>155784998
Renai Bokun is like a cheap roadside dinner.

Sure it's not the best thing out there, and it's not the most respectable thing, but sometimes you get an itch for hearty cheap burgers, but your drunk and it's the only place open at 3am.

It does its job, and it does it well.
>>
>>155784998
Re:Creators with its great soundtrack or Clockwork Planet. But I would tend to say the former.
>>
File: 1481923030981.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481923030981.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>155785463
This, anyone who says anything else didn't watch this.
>>
pointless thread since it's only reddit tier retards who only watch the most popular crap
>>
>>155785844
What's your favorite first episode from your exquisite patrician taste then?
>>
Either Eromanga-sensei or Renai Boukun.
>>
renai boukun

worst out of the ones i watched was probably tsuki ga kirei
>>
>>155784998
Re:creator was pretty hype, and Quan Zhi Gao Shou had some really nice animation and atmosphere.

Warau salesman has the best OP of the season though. This season is looking pretty decent, especially since the last 2 or 3 seasons have been dry as a bone, in terms of good shows.
>>
>>155784998
Uchouten Kazoku 2. Although if we're not counting second seasons then Surprisingly it's Eromanga-sensei.
>>
>>155784998
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
>>
>>155784998
None of them
>>
>>155786145
>Warau salesman has the best OP of the season though
>most shows haven't shown their OPs yet
>>
>>155784998
Re:Creators is the only one that got me legitimately hyped.
>>
>>155785224
Kill yourself then myself
>>
Little Witch Academia second cour.
Still need to watch Uchoten Kazoku.
>>
Sakura Quest so far followed by Grimoire, but I've yet to try the other amazon shit
>>
Sakura Quest.

>>155785106
>that CGI car chase
Nah, the last 15 minutes were great though.
>>
>>155785898
i don't watch anime
>>
Shingeki no Bahamut was pretty hype.
>>
File: ChunniHime Blush.png (295KB, 608x527px) Image search: [Google]
ChunniHime Blush.png
295KB, 608x527px
Re: CREATORS >>> Uchouten Kazoku > Sukasuka >> Saenai >> Seikaisuru Kado > Boruto = Line the animation = Bahamut > FAG = Zoroku > Aot
Rest is garbage, am not counting continuing shows from winter.
PS: Chuuni Hime best girl.
>>
File: 1491632387838.jpg (414KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491632387838.jpg
414KB, 824x1200px
Saekano 0
>>
What's the big deal about Re:Creators? I know there's some interesting people behind it but it didn't seem particularly special from the first episode.
>>
>>155794770
It's a reverse isekai, plenty of people have wanted a reverse isekai for a while.
>>
>>155794770
It's "My Waifu is Real: the Animation."
>>
>>155794770
>Rei Hiroe
>Best character designs of the season
>Good soundtrack
>Many characters are homages to older Anime characters (Not Kamille, Not Demonbane, Not Madoka...).
>Interesting premise with large potenial
>Chunni is best girl of the season
>Mystery elements lead to discussion and speculation which in return creates good discussions.
>High Meme potential.
>>
Shingeki no Bahamut by far. Re:creators is probably second with a few others trailing behind it.

I'd probably like SnK S2 if I didn't know what happens for a while longer.
>>
Shingeki no Bahamut fot me hyped, same for Re:Creators.
Renai Boukun was a riot and Rokudenashi seems pretty good.

Also, surprised that no one mentions Hero Academia and Ttians
>>
>>155792035
Scratch that I just watched KADO, 10/10 AOTY
>>
>>155784998
Hinako Note. I've seen the first episode of pretty much everything and this season hasn't left good first impressions. The things I'm watching this season are the sorts of things I wouldn't be in a better season. Hinako Note wasn't even that good but at least it was a quick and well paced introduction to the show and its characters that was very cute and often funny. Now compare that to the nonsense in Renai Boukun or the laboriously slow and unendearing first ep of Sakura Quest. Nopee, Hinako wins for first impressions on the first ep and OP alone.
>>
SukaSuka by a mile, then Re:Creators.
>>
>>155785451
Sagrada Reset might be one of the worst anime I've ever seen with it desperate attempt at being deep and mature, I could barely sit through the first episode. Dropped like hot garbage
>>
Busou shoujo machiavellianism desu
>>
>>155784998
Shuumatsu or Berserk
>>
SukaSuka or Bahamut Virgin Soul
>>
I only really plan to watch Bahamut (and probably skim Granblue), but I can't say it was a stellar first episode of anything.
>>
Sakura Quest
>>
>>155786227
>>155786999
>>155796329
>>155796385
Only acceptable answers.
>>
What have you dropped so far?
>the bara furfag shit Zero something
>Sagrada Reset
>>
>>155796672
Dropped is not really a good phrase for "watched 1 episode of and decided to pass"

But for me
>Akashic Records
Has its moments but I'm really not up for watching another anime about some guy whose power is canceling other people's powers and magic and highschool and punching people and all that. I wish it were better, I love midrift.

>Alice
Some of the worst CG I've ever seen and an all around generic premise with poorly done characters

Everything else I dropped just being very meh as opposed to offensively bad
>Clockwork Planet
>Frame Arms Girl
>Eromanga Sensei
>Twin Angel Break
>>
First episode of Re:creators was undeniably strong, and its sound is perfect.
Rokudenashi had a terrible first episode, but after episode 2 I have surprisingly high hopes for the series.
Eromanga-sensei was good, but beyond some here-and-there adorbs nothing really special either.
I don't get the hype for Zero.
>>
>>155796946
>dropping Alice
>FAGs
>Eromanga
Clockwork seems to be very hit or miss with people. I didn't mind the 1st episode but a lot of people hated it. FAGs is good and Eromanga was funny enough to see where it goes.
>>
Pic related. Bahamut and Re:CREATORS comes right after.
>>
>>155796672
Nothing, I follow the 3 episode rule, but Sagrada Reset, Zero Mahou and Fukumenkei Noise are the worst shows so far.
>>
>>155796982
I didn't hate it, to give credit where it's due the fact that it wasn't loaded with god awful CGI for all the gears and machinery and such is commendable. It just doesn't look all that interesting is all. Maybe if I see some webums floating around that look good I'll pick it back up.
>>
>>155797111
Why didn't you like the Alice characters? They were good the first 2 episodes.
>>
>>155797150
It's hard to explain without sounding like I want the characters to act "realistically", that's not it, I'm not that kind of guy. But there just isn't any internal logic to the way anyone acts.

I think the old man was written to be "stoic" but he comes across as oblivious. He lectures Sana and the twins for endangering others but is unphased at being the person in most danger.

The twins seem well meaning enough but that does not stop them from causing all kinds of collateral damage to get Sana back.

Sana wants her freedom but her way of getting it is by mooching off some random old man?

The creepy shota with white hair, seen that before.

Everything just seems so inconsequential and generic, in plot and characters. Apparently something profound and important is going on but no one is acting that way or thinking about it that way, Obviously I can't give more insight having only seen one episode but if I had to explain my impressions that'd be it.
>>
>>155797662
I think the old man was written to just be a simple worker who likes his job. I think stoic is a technically correct term for it but often carries a connotation of him being heroic or valiant. The first 2 episodes feel like they are setting up the characters in simple SoL-esque scenarios before they get to the plot. Not sure, seems like it needs the first 4 episodes to see if it's drop worthy to me.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.