[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished season 2. From what I've gathered a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

I just finished season 2. From what I've gathered a lot of people seem to hate season 2. I thought it was a cute love story. Discuss I guess.
>>
Season 2 rewrote the part of the novel where Yuuta starts dating Shinka. This upset most fans.
>>
The whole pseudo-romantic triangle was bullshit ant it hust sent Yuuta and Rikka back to square one
>>
>>155769718
Dekomori is the worse chuuni and in S2 she has more screentime lowering the quality of the show overall.

Dekomori a shit, she ruined the whole S2
>>
Watching her getting almost NTR'd was funny
>>
File: 1391109397337.jpg (26KB, 525x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391109397337.jpg
26KB, 525x720px
>>155769718
This was the only scene where I felt there was some continuity for Rikka's character beyond season 1. Besides this moment, they just reset her character, like nothing mattered from season 1. She's still best girl tho
>>
>>155771167
Tge cheek kiss was pretth cute too.

Too bad it just went downhill from there
>>
>>155769718
Reverted what little progress there was in getting rid of Rikka's autism.
>>
>>155769889
Did the original really have them dating?
>>
>>155769718
This was the show that really got me into anime, so it means a lot to me. I'm rewatching S1 now.

The thing about the first season is that every character had such tidy, complete arcs. They were all introduced, developed, and realized throughout the 12 episodes. It was just really satisfying to watch.

Then S2 comes along and resets everything.

Just compare the way the two seasons ended and you'll get a good idea of the problems people had with S2.

Also I guess they anime didn't follow the LNs so much, but idc about that.
>>
>>155769718
season two consisted of best girl nearly getting NTR'd by a literal palette swap of herself

twas the height of garbage sequels
>>
>>155769718
I see why people dislike season 2, but it didnt ruin the series for me. I enjoy the cutesy romance bullshit. Just wish the ending was better.
>>
>>155772798
no, Rikka and Utah were always a thing, Satone kidnaps them though
>>
File: thanks for nothing kyoani.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thanks for nothing kyoani.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
Close enough to the mouth for me
>>
>>155769718

Season one was already pretty fucking stupid. I will believe in monsters, aliens, magical girls, katanas that cut through giant swords, robots, etc-- but I refuse to believe in "couples that don't kiss" or things that defy human logic.

S2 was just ridiculously stupid, I dropped it.
>>
>>155769718
what season 2?
Chuuni is a perfect one cour show
>>
>>155770267
That sad whimpering face she made whenever Shichimiya got a little too close to Yuuta was straight up heartwrenching.
>>
File: HA.jpg (334KB, 500x3423px) Image search: [Google]
HA.jpg
334KB, 500x3423px
>>155777269
>>
>>155769718
If only the MC went for shinka...
>>
People who say S2 has no progression in their relationship are retarded as fuck. Sure Rikka still acts like a retard but the plot in S1 wasn't about getting rid of her autism it was getting rid of her daddy issues, and that wasn't reversed. As for their relationship, they went from a weird parent-daughter relationship at the start of S2 to a full fledged couple that accept and acknowledge their desire to get closer to each other emotionally and physically and are both moving towards that. It was all about finding their own pace and way of doing things.
>>
>>155780264
but they didn't fuck so who cares
>>
>>155769718
>let's just shit on any character progression we had in the first season, like a big smelly diarrhea with peanuts
>and on top of that, lets just not make any character progression at all and just shit even more in all our public
And the pink haired girl at least added something to the story, so if you think she was the worst part you are beyond retarded.
>>
>>155780389

There's third party content for that.
>>
I find this show grating.
>>
>>155769718
I personally prefer S2 to the first one
Mostly because Shinka and Yuuta aren't the killjoys they were in the original
Having Rikka cry that much in the last episodes of the first season was heartbreaking and it really made me hate Yuuta
Fortunately in the second season they got over themselves and had fun so of course it was a huge improvement
>>
File: Wicked Eye.jpg (64KB, 690x810px) Image search: [Google]
Wicked Eye.jpg
64KB, 690x810px
>>155769718
look dude, love it or hate it
>>
I hope for kissu in S3
I fear that there will never be a S3 at all ;-; desu
>>
File: 1467114186410.jpg (120KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467114186410.jpg
120KB, 400x400px
>>155769718
I love Chuuni since Rikka is adorable and I love her dearly, but season 2 was fucking shit.
Literally nothing happened at all in season 2. Season 1 had an actual story and pacing and it was great, and you'd expect Season 2 to be full of relationship troubles or some shit, but instead it's fucking nothing. They don't even fucking kiss. Season 2 is basically like shaking a bottle of champagne so it'll explode, but then not exploding it after all. Just a huge disappointment.

Still love my waifu Rikka though.
>>
>>155784441
>Still love my waifu Rikka though.
Said every single person that liked this shit in any way.
>>
Felt like they threw S2 together in a short time just because the first season was a success.
>>
File: Door's right there.jpg (106KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Door's right there.jpg
106KB, 640x640px
>>155784791
>>155784590
>>
>>155769718
I thought they were supposed to start a relationship, not go back to pre relationship awkwardness. It kinda felt like it was retreading old ground because of that. Got kinda samey and repetitive.

Also introducing Satone just as someone to get heartbroken was kinda mean.
>>
File: retard.png (363KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
363KB, 1032x774px
Pink deserved to win
>>
nothing happened.

they could have at least built up to a kiss but no.

it was just drama NTR bullshit that went nowhere.

meanwhile masterpieces like Tamako Market got panned.

fuck you all.
>>
>>155785190
I'm sick of Rin sticking her feet in my face
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.