[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True gundam fans have spoken, Iron Blooded Failure is the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

True gundam fans have spoken, Iron Blooded Failure is the worst entry in the franchise. Destiny's only problem was some stock footage and typical sequel problems. G-Reco just had some off dialogue and pacing. Age didn't go downhill until Asemu showed up. Try was just a sequel that did not live up to hype. IBO? Did nothing right. Japan gets it. China gets it. Korea gets it. True gundam fans get it. Yet the establishment defends it for no reason.
>>
IBO is bad but not Destiny bad. I would even say it's mediocre.
>>
>>155751975
>Destiny
>bad
Whatever you say, fake gundam fan.
>>
The only reason people think IBO is better than Destiny is because they're literally newfags jumping in on the hype of the latest entry in the series and attempting to fit in by riding the old Destiny hate. I'd wager 80% of IBO fans haven't even seen more than a single episode of Destiny, give how IBO seems to have attracted an absurd amount of normies to the franchise.
>>
>>155752169
>IBO seems to have attracted an absurd amount of normies to the franchise.

Isn't Gundam pretty much normalfag shit anyway. IBO is meh but if it got newfags into the franchise then it has done part of it's job.
>>
>>155752169
Nope, I've seen every entry minus a few compilation movies, Destiny (and all other entries including G-Saviour, First Impression, and even Gundam-san) blow IBO out of the water very hard.
>>
>>155751908
#1 on newtype
Explain this shit
>>
>>155752277
As far as big franchise to normalfag ratios go, Gundam is in the gutters. The ridiculous amount of AU and the fact that the largest and most concurrent source material (UC) spans over 35yrs acts like a huge entry barrier to most people getting into it. IBO is a success on the commercial front, but I doubt it tickled the fancy of many old hands, especially not to the degree of other AUs.
>>
>>155752479
Don't bother

You can't reason with G-recofags aka Tominocunts
>>
Not this fucking thread again. We all get it, IBO was bad. We were all just hyping it up to be good because of how fun Season 1 was and Season 2 turned out to be horseshit. We get it.
>>
>>155751908
>It's a "rectally disgruntled Reco fag tries to force his IBO hating agenda as the norm" episode.
>>
G gundam made me not be a gundam fan anymore. Hard to believe anything is worse than that.
>>
>>155752573
Actually I'm a cosmic era fag.
>>155752572
/m/ did a shitty strawpoll and it has become obvious the grassroots need work.
>>
>>155752572
It's the other way around.
>>
So is IBO the new Gundam equivalent to Delta?
>>
File: bender louder.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
bender louder.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>155751908
>Destiny's only problem was some stock footage
>>
>>155751908
IBO had a solid 1st season.

2nd season started out promising, but the episodes felt like side-stories that are glued together. After Hamshal it all went bad.

Also FUCK DAINSLEIFS.

It was so promising, but it had some potentials that were wasted. I MISS CHOCO MACKY.
>>
>>155752649
At least Delta had good mech designs and Walkure. IBO shit the bed in my opinion with all the S2 mechs. Not to mention the characters all became brain-dead by the second half except for Rustal and Not-Garma.
>>
File: 1351950634081.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1351950634081.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>155752693
>IBO had a solid 1st season
>>
>>155752770
At least it went somewhere instead of what we had in S2.
>>
>>155751908

Ok, first of all, Destiny had an alright first half. Stock footage usage was pretty bad, but it wasn't unbearable. Shinn, Athrun, Luna, and Rey had a really interesting dynamic. Kira intervening in battles was interesting, the druggie trio was a lot better, and Shinn wrecking the Freedom was fucking awesome.

It was when they swapped back to Kira and Athrun being MC's that the show really took a nose dive. There was absolutely no characters you could relate to at the 2nd half. They threw Shinn's development out the window, Rey went full retard, Luna lost any mild amount of characterization she had. Durandal's plan was really shitty, but it's not like anyone else had a way to dispute it. Lacus and Kira's whole thing was "We don't have a better way then you, but we disagree."

What really got irritating was how Kira and Lacus talked like they had the moral high ground no matter what they did. The main cast clean-sweeping in the final episode was absolutely the most boring thing I've ever watched.

And then we also had the 2 dimensional racists, the rehashed Orb invasion, and Mwu somehow not being dead.
>>
>>155752617

You liked Destiny. Yep, your opinion is invalid...
>>
>>155752675
Sounds correct to me, what's the problem?
>>155752693
>IBO had a solid 1st season.
Only if your idea of solid is "poorly written, paced, animated, and really needed action scenes" then sure thing pal.
>>
>>155753213
>a fake gundam fan is saying this
Irony.
>>
IBO had an interesting premise but the execution was poor. It's nice seeing the 'good' guys lose for once but most of the character deaths felt cheap and out of place just to envoke some emotion.
>>
>>155753471

Adorable incorrect statement there buddy. I've seen more Gundam shows than you even know of.
>>
>>155753541
I've seen them all, IBO is the worst. You are no gundam fan if you think otherwise.
>>
>>155753925

Nice no-true-scottsman there fuckface. Again, the fact that you think Destiny is a good series proves your shit taste.
>>
>>155751908
Well damn. The length you do to shit on a show is quite impressive. What the secret? I want to do the same thing like you but I want to directed it to keitai.

Tell me your secret on hating a show o great one.
>>
>>155754024
>the fact that you think IBO is a good series proves your shit taste.
Fixed
>>
>>155754398

At no point did I say that fuckoff. I said that if you think Destiny is a good series, you're retarded. Destiny is far worse than IBO, and your refusal to admit such proves you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. What, did they laugh you out of /m/? Is that why you decided to come here to troll? Faggot.
>>
>>155754546
More like I know what I am talking about and you do not, fake fan.
>>
>>155754717

You have no argument. Got it.

Enjoy your shitty thread then.
>>
>>155754794
>says a guy that thinks IBO is somehow better when it is in no way, shape, or form
>>
>>155752570
>>155752573
Why do IBOfags always have to create some boogeyman? I suspect its because they can't actually defend their shit show when people point out its flaws.
>inb4 Recofag, Tominofag, UC elitist, CEshitter, Wing fanboy, Zeta fag, etc.
I've heard 'em all, now stop deflecting already
>>
File: 1464404565397.jpg (103KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1464404565397.jpg
103KB, 1280x738px
>>155751908
>>
>>155751908
To its credit Dainsleif spam end is a pretty unorthodox ending.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12716654

Amount of fans on /m/: 178 fakes and 70 trues. Looks like true fans need to recruit and train.
>>
>>155756792
Seems like you're in the vocal minority there bud.
>>
>>155756849
For now, we will fight to become the majority. Every. Single. Day.
>>
>>155751908
Correct on all points.
>>155756792
Good luck to the real gundam fans, hopefully you can kill the "Destiny is bad" meme.
>>
>>155756001
I want ANN to leave
>>
>>155757570
Same here IBO is way worse than anything Seed did.
>>
>>155751908
I can't tell if these threads are made by false flagging IBOfags or not. It's like you want to make people who dislike IBO look retarded and obsessed.
>>
File: kamille_is_a_girls_name.gif (393KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
kamille_is_a_girls_name.gif
393KB, 720x540px
>>155751908
Yes, we get it, IBO was terrible. That doesn't make the garbage that was cucksmic era good, fuck off with this juvenile /v/-tier logic.
>>
>>155751908
IBO is far from the worst
>>
>>155752048
Hating IBO to the point of saying that destiny was good, that's sad.
>>
>>155751908
>>155752048
>>155753405
>>155753471
>>155753925
Will this shitter ever stop? Just how awful taste he have must have to consider Destiny good and Turn A bad?
>>
>Written by Mari Okada
Don't even need to watch to know it's trash.
>>
>>155752761
>At least Delta had good mech designs and Walkure. IBO shit the bed in my opinion with all the S2 mechs.
That is just being plain wrong.
>>
>/a/nn discussing mecha
Cute
>>
>>155760305
Why are you so pathetic, op?
>>
>>155752277
>Isn't Gundam pretty much normalfag shit anyway

In Japan, yes, in the west, no, most anime fans here seem to overtly hate Gundam, and most mecha shows that don't "just happen to have mechs in them", then proceed to call Gundam a worthless toy commercial while circle jerking about how much they love Evangelion, a series with hundreds of times more merchandise per minute of actual anime than Gundam.
>>
>>155759534
It is the worst though.
>>
>>155759921
That is correct, what is the problem, Turn A fan?
>>
>>155757972
Nah, it's just one delusional destinyfag whose been at it for ages now. If you don't agree with his shit taste he'll have a fit and call you an IBOfag regardless of your opinion on the show.
No one even gives a fuck about IBO anymore but his little crusade continues.
>>
>>155762402

Why do you think I stopped replying when he completely failed to make a cohesive argument.

Let the thread die.
>>
>>155756937
Fuck I'm so wet right anon
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.