[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ryuko a well written character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

Is Ryuko a well written character?
>>
There were points where she went too far into teenage edge, but overall she was a good character. She was confident, but was also able to just cowardly flee a fight if her opponent was too strong. She was very much like a delinquent at the beginning, but could also be very sweet and kind as the series went on. You knew that under her edgy shell there was a normal girl wanting to be loved.
>>
You don't watch Kill la Kill for good writing, you watching it for over the top action and lewd
>>
>>155727767
>You don't watch Kill la Kill for good writing
Why not?
>>
Test
>>
>>155727893
Because there wasn't any.
>>
>>155728317
The show had nothing but good writing.
>>
Ryuko is cute.
>>
>>155727391
>anime
>well written characters

these two things are mutually exclusive im afraid op
>>
>>155727391
More cute Ryuko please
>>
File: 1476854396638.jpg (660KB, 900x561px) Image search: [Google]
1476854396638.jpg
660KB, 900x561px
>>155728317
>>155728367
I was in it for the mother/daughter relationships and the clothes/fascism themes.

Action was OK. Lewd was too in my face to be enjoyable unless it was Nonon.
>>
My wife is so well written and CUTE!
>>
No anime is well written anon

Next question?
>>
She's okay. I don't get why people say she an irate edgy character.

If anything, she's more of a hardass than edgy.
>>
>>155731832
Evangelion was.
>>
She's a garbage character, no she wasn't written well.
Next question.
>>
>CLOTHES ARE EVIL WE GOTTA GET NUDE
fucking retarded show fuck
>>
>>155731926
The blind guy was, no one else though.
>>
>>155731965
That wasn't even the moral, you dumbfuck.
>>
File: 7-5-500x300.png (176KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
7-5-500x300.png
176KB, 500x300px
>>155731965
Honestly this show would've been better if they stuck with the original idea of the level up clothing.

Shit went full retard once Nui Harime came into the scene.
>>
>>155728367
this
hence ryuuko is a well written character
>>
>>155727391
Really teeters off in edginess when she gets the not-Senketsu clothing
>>
She was until they started rewriting the plot and finishing episodes literally minutes before airtime.
>>
>>155727391
Her arc was great up until it culminated at episode 14.
She had a "second arc" after that, but after the first it was a huge step back. Why revert your character just to stretch her out over the episodes? I did not like that path.
>>
>>155732155
>rewriting the plot
Source?
> and finishing episodes literally minutes before airtime.
As Gainax's tradition.
>>
>>155732213
She didn't revert. Her "second arc" was about another issue entirely.
>>
First-half Ryuko was a unique type of protagonist in that she showed signs of being a villain more (ex: retreating against Satsuki, with your typical "DON'T YOU FORGET THIS" saying) while still believing she is right to oppse the school. She also suffered both meaningful victories and defeats (ex: 1st and 2nd fights against Sanageyama) but she was determined to get up and continue rebelling, which is likable. However, after her berserk moment from fighting Nui, she has lost a considerable amount of charm and logic as things start turning right for her but she still wants to be the opposition to something in order to feel meaningful. I really think the second half's lack of care for its own writing really hindered Ryuko's character as someone who is desperate to find meaning in her life, because that "meaning" ends up being all over the place (ex: wanting to be a bride).
>>
>>155732519
>things start turning right for her but she still wants to be the opposition to something in order to feel meaningful
That wasn't really the case. After she let revenge go and found another motivation she couldn't care less about fighting anymore, she even said so in episode 17. It was Satsuki (and then Ragyo) that kept manipulating her into going against her, using Senketsu, Mako and her family as bait.
>>
>>155727391
For the genre, absolutely
>>
File: 1433118054139.jpg (463KB, 1091x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433118054139.jpg
463KB, 1091x1080px
>>155727391
Yes, she's a great character
>>
File: Mako.png (200KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
Mako.png
200KB, 500x483px
Better question - was PIC RELATED a well-written character?

Was she cute?
>>
>>155733991
Yes for what she was there for, and yes.
>>
>>155728367
This thread seems to be full of people who apparently didn't "get" KLK.

I thought it was damn near perfect.
>>
>>155727391
I liked her.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.