[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The amount of bullshit asspulls employed to allow this manlet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 54

File: shirou-ubw.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shirou-ubw.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
The amount of bullshit asspulls employed to allow this manlet japanese high schooler to fight and beat demigods and various superhumans is frankly ridiculous. How can anyone take this shit seriously?
>>
>>155725290
Everybody knows that Shirou vs Archer was the finale of UBW
>>
I didn't think anyone took it seriously. I mean..it's fiction.
>>
>>155725290
Consider this. There are 45+ endings in the visual novel where you end up dead or worse. There are about 5 endings where you finish the route. Only 2 of these endings have Shirou make it out happy and in one piece. The anime adaptations only show what would happen if everything lines up perfectly for Shirou to survive. If you actually read the novel and fucked up even a little bit, you die.
>>
>>155725346
But I'm also talking about the bullshit in Fate and HF.
>>155725494
Shit like "BTW when I trace a weapon I automatically download and aquire the fighting skills of its original owner" is literally undefensible in any case.
>>
>>155725646
Shirou and Shiki happen to have the best powers supernatural because they are the heroes of the story
>>
File: 1286241088641.jpg (53KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1286241088641.jpg
53KB, 1200x900px
>>155725646
>my chuuni VN can't be this pretentious
Are you sure you're watching the right type of media? Go read a classic or something.
>>
I-It's because you didn't read the VN, s-secondary.
>>
>>155725646
It kind of is. His magic is a Reality Marble and when Archer (who is him from the future) got summoned into the same time period as him, their Reality Marbles interacted with each other and he ended up getting the skills his older self spent years developing over the course of a few weeks. Even then, he didn't have enough mana to actually do it properly and had to steal some from Rin. Lastly, he doesn't download the skills of the original owner as much as the traced weapon controls his body. It's a big difference that's highlighted in the narrative. It's all a big point about how Shirou is a blank slate and all that. It's kind of like how he "downloaded" so to speak Kiritsugu's obsessions without really understanding them himself. Like that but with weapons.
>>
>>155725290
>Woah the story about the extraordinary boy who kills demigods happens to be about a extraordinary boy who kills demigods!
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE RIGHT NOW
>>
>>155725290
I don't, I just obsessively play Grand Order.
>>
>>155725881
>their Reality Marbles interacted with each other and he ended up getting the skills his older self spent years developing over the course of a few weeks
How convenient.
>>
>>155725290
What. Its actually really well done.
Shirou is autistic projection magic user. He learns how to fight from his future self through time paradoxical osmosis. Gets good enough to counter and defend against servants.
>>
>>155725290

It's a series for edgy 14 years olds. What exactly were you expecting?

The sad thing is the fact we have 20+ adults taking this trash seriously.
>>
>>155725973
>Shirou so happens to have Avalon inside of him so he got to call Saber before getting killed
How convinient.
>Shirou also happens to become a superhero in the future and gets called to the present because the Grial can bring heroes from all time periods
How convinient.
>Gilgamesh loses to Shirou because he gets too overconfident and gets cornered
How convinient.

You can say that on literally every plot point.
>>
>>155725973
>the protagonists powers allow him to win

its almost like he wins because of them or something
>>
File: 1490921877460.jpg (60KB, 346x440px) Image search: [Google]
1490921877460.jpg
60KB, 346x440px
>>155726170
>>
He's had Avalon inside his body since he was like five don't bother him about it.
>>
>>155726227
You can say that of almost all fucking 4chan.
>>
>>155726227

But you replied so it already had an effect.
>>
>>155726180
Starting with zero and having skills that would have taken years and years to develop just handed to him because paradox is worse than all of those.
>>
File: 1489594760648.jpg (248KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1489594760648.jpg
248KB, 1334x750px
>>155726276
Here, take another, on the house.
>>
>>155725646
Woah...... so this is the power of speed reading.......
>>
>>155726199
its almost like it's shit writing or something
>>
>>155726405
>protagonist possesses power that makes sense in the setting and can allow him to defeat his opponent
>shit writing

how? - its not an asspull as far as i know, and makes narrative sense
>>
>>155725290
>2017
>Asspull still means thing I don't like in series I don't understand
Why?
>>
>>155726405
So the protagonist shouldn't have any kind of power whatsoever? How the hell would he win against those monsters then?
>inb4 he's supposed to lose
>>
>>155726283
That's why Masters fighting Servants is stupid
>>
>>155726227
>complaining isn't allowed on 4chan
Go back to whatever hugbox you came from, retard.
>>
>>155726472
No, he's right. The entire fight was 3-on-1, shit MC needing powering from zr-wearing designated cocksleeve character, Gilgamesh not in his top form, not using his armor at the start, not fighting strategically even though that is his entire thing, just about everything falling in place for him to lose at one single moment in time. Even when he lost, he still could have made it a draw but the faggot MC could rely on a faggot future version to save ass more than once in the "duel" scenario.
>>
>>155726531
Even with all the training, it's supposed to be stupid. It's why Fate is kind of shit when compared to Zero.
>>
>>155725290
I could handle it in text, but it was dumb seeing Gil miss every shot while Shirou was falling.
>>
>>155725290
>manlet
>mans the fuck up every arc
>average male (Japanese) height
>works out and practices painful magic for HOURS every night
>holds down jobs, one at a bar
>can cook better than you
>one cannon bad end has him winning the Grail War alone

His abilities are asspulltastic, and he's a white knight with a brick for a brain, but manlet?
>>
>>155726455
>>155726498
>weapons skills downloading
>Archer's skills transfert
>Archer's arm + skills implantation
BRAVO NASU
>>
>>155726713
Asshurt manlet detected.
>>
>>155725802
Shiki's fight was pretty straightforward tho. It was just his powers versus Nero's and Shiki was just stronger. Nero just didn't expect Shiki was the strongest descendant of a monster-killing purebred clan of humans from 700AD that preserved their bloodline for over a millenium.
>>
>>155726710
He didnt miss, they are firing at each other non stop. Did you not notice swords clashing in the background.
>>
>can cook better
We find out in the VN that the cooking is simply normal tier. Saber just has shitty standards from eating vinegar and potatoes all the time.
>>
>>155726737
>power based on being a filthy copy cat makes one a filthy copy cat

M-Masaka
>>
>>155726737
>muh piracy
>stop seeding
I'm really sorry you got your ass handed to you, golden fag.
>>
>>155726653
>The entire fight was 3-on-1
Oh no, the protagonist actually needs assistance from others and isn't an unstoppable gary stu! Such bad writing!
>Gilgamesh not in his top form, not using his armor at the start, not fighting strategically even though that is his entire thing, just about everything falling in place for him to lose at one single moment in time.
Oh no, the character clearly established to not taking lesser beings seriously isn't taking lesser beings seriously! Such bad writing!
Also
>not fighting strategically even though that is his entire thing
>his entire thing
Are you just illiterate?
>he still could have made it a draw
No, Shirou would just cut his own arm off.
>>
Insertfags getting angry that their insert is getting called out for being too lucky (read: asspull) of a character in their own story?
No one can claim otherwise that the entire Gil fight was based on the convergence of so many factors falling against what is considered to be at the time the strongest Servant until later franchise stories.
>>
>>155725290
Caster was a shit midboss which wasn't threatening at all. Her legitimacy relied on Saber jobbing when she could easily dispatch Servants even if she was empty of mana a route ago. All to make Shirou competent as a match for Servants. It took ufotable to shill her a little and tweak her to be an actual threat. She was just a laughable in the VN. Failed to convey Herakles' unmatched strength of obstacle or Zouken 'he never dies and manipulates the fuck of us' Matou's creepiness.

Gilgamesh fighting Shirou was the biggest mistake of a climax. Neither character had a connection or gave much of a shit for each others. Kotomine is the ultimate Nemesis vs Shirou. It's even in Shirou's fucking CM profile. Gilgamesh is Saber's Nemesis while Kotomine is Shirou's, so their battle was completely dumb and empty. And just devised to wow autistic powerlevelfags.

I fucking hate when Masters get involved in a Servant's battle outside of support. I'm glad Nasu dropped that shit in other works. UBW route was the definition of cancerous Master fighting Servant shit and getting away with it I fucking hate it. Not just Shirou, but also Rin and Kuzuki. It was just completely out of place now in Fate franchise where Masters stay behind Servants like they should. Or fight other Masters.

The endings were pretty bad too. That's why Nasu had to rewrite it for the anime. Originally, it lacked any actual touching sense of conclusion than HF or Fate endings did.
>>
>>155726932
>that the entire Gil fight was based on the convergence of so many factors falling against what is considered to be at the time the strongest Servant until later franchise stories.

thats basically every Gilgamesh fight discounting GO and Alcides/Enkidu
>>
>>155726679
Fate aligns far more to my tastes of how fate should be (and how it is in all the spin offs). Masters command. Servants fight. Simple as that. However, I can recognize Fate route and Zero are not out of place in the entire franchise.
>>
>>155726653
You know what would be really awesome? If they had Gil remember he can actually use his NP's individual effects like he did in the Fate route, instead of just randomly shooting them. Have him pull out his unnamed ice-sword and have Shirou counter with a projected Laevateinn, or have him pull out one of the named weapons drom the game like Dainsleuf or Vajra and use them individually! As for Shirou, he could melee with Hrunting a little, or create a swordified Gae Bolg just like Archerr modified Caladbolg, or use one of the Archer tactics Hiroyama used in Prillya, like throwing a wall of swords in Gil's line of sight to blindside him, or charging him with a huge blade used as makeshift shield.

Like Vajra taking effect after being intercepted by Berserker in Fate Zero
>>
>>155726792
It's pretty hilarious that the greatest monster-killer in Japan would end up facing a DAA, but it actually makes sense if you understand the reincarnation pattern that preceded the entire story.
>>
>>155727066
>NP's individual effects
He cant. Literally plot point.
>>
>>155726932
So what? It's only an asspull when factors that were never foreshadowed suddenly pop up mid-fight and cause a win. Practically everything in that fight had proper build up and explanations and they spent an entire night discussing it.
>>
>>155727075
>Do the Ciel route
>Get to the point Arcueid gets me to drink her blood

Oh man
>>
>>155726932
The entire point is that archer counters gil barring ea. The ubw is based around shirou being archer. Thats not an asspull. Its called plot.
>>
>>155727113
>lol I can't read
>>
>>155726969
>Neither character had a connection
You know, barring the whole fake can surpass the original when used correctly metaphor, which was the entire point of the fight.
>>
>>155727231
That's the plot. Handing it to the ginger manlet is the asspull.
>>
File: 1484062267663.png (592KB, 1600x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1484062267663.png
592KB, 1600x1145px
>>155725290
You don't. Shirou is the shittiest part of the pile of shit that is UBW.
You should read about the superior incarnation of the character instead
>>
>>155727350
No being an mc isnt an asspull. If shirou wasn't archer shirou wouldnt have fought gil.
>>
>>155725290
F/SN case is tame. Eien Shinken and Demonbane are much more shameless. Oh, and there is Dies Irae adaptation coming this summer, it will be sure to assblast you.
>>
>>155725290
It's ultimately a SI harem power fantasy. I mostly laugh at the people trying to make him sound like he's some sort of deep tragic hero.
>>
>>155727440
Being mc doesn't necessary mean "LOL look at all the skills of my older version conveniently flow in me!"
>>
>>155725290
kys
>>
>>155727532
>the entire point of the route is shirou surpassing archer

>gaining archers powers is an asspull
>>
>>155727532
It does when thats what the entire plot is about. If shirou wasn't archer, ubw of hf wouldnt have happened.
>>
>>155725290
Is this the daily UBW Frodo thread?

It's weird that FZ had way more of those while airing, but UBW seems to be attracting them years later.
>>
>>155727531
There are no harem elements to be found in F/SN.
>>
>>155725290
It's not like he can survive motherfucking SOLOMON.
>>
>>155727669
Right, so that threesome Shirou had with Rin and Saber was not a harem element.
>>
>>155727775
Rin being Miss Perfect and modest is not a harem element, no.
>>
>>155727758
>Implying Nasu isn't going to retcon as usual and find a way for Shirou/Archer to win even against him in the future
>>
>>155727568
>>the entire point of the route is shirou surpassing archer
Ideologically, not in skills.
>>155727622
There are millions of stories where someone meets his older/alternative version, but only in Fate that means automatically gaining all his skills and powers, because the high schooler power fantasy requires it.
>>155727668
No, it's the thread when we laugh at the shit writing.
>>
>>155727823
Solomon is different. His existence came before essentially everything else. Nasu would never tarnish him or his character.
>>
>>155727849
Hello ThatAnimeSnob.
Don't speedread next time.
>>
>>155725290
Well yeah, it's bullshit. Even Nasu admitted that Shiro won because it was literally the brightest moment in his entire life.
>>
>>155727877
HAHAHAHA. Oh god. Oh you poor naive fool, Nasu would indeed do that just to wank his characters.
>>
>>155727985
Nasu wanks Christianity the most. A nobody like Shirou would never beat someone like Solomon because of it.
>>
File: 60550585_p0.png (3MB, 1292x1779px) Image search: [Google]
60550585_p0.png
3MB, 1292x1779px
>>155727985
Solomon *is* his character.

>I decided to make the title Grand Order, and brought out the once-rejected scenarios for the Beasts. Once that got decided, everything else flowed from that – if I’m going to bring out the Beasts then I should also tell the story of the end of the Age of Gods. If I bring up the Age of Gods then I should also bring up Solomon. So let’s make the core of the story about Solomon and Roman. And with that, the basic outline of the story got decided.
>... I said something about adding some final touches – that meant saying things like “Roman’s lines here are too light,” or “Roman already knows this, so he wouldn’t make that expression” – little fixes like those.
>Although I told all the writers how the story would end, I was the only one who knew what Roman was thinking, and how he would’ve reacted to everything up to that point. I thought that it would be faster if I wrote those portions myself instead of having to explain.
Solomon came from the beginning. He cares about Solomon a lot more than he cares about Shirou. And that's hardly even because Grand Order is the main series of the franchise, now.
>>
>>155725290
show blows, that's why the best part is the lolicon-pandering spin-off
>>
>>155725494
>or worse.
like?
>>
>>155729416
Absorbed by Manjew, off the top of my head.
>>
>>155729416
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8z5oEyVp_4
>>
What are your favorite bad endings in Tsukihime and FSN?
>>
>>155729515
inb4 Superhero/Mind of Steel
>>
>>155729416
Akiha's route, Ciel's fight, "I have to live" option
>>
>>155729515
Femme Fatale. Actually gives weight to the who you can't save everyone theme.
>>
>>155729416
Bad End 3. When the hotel is attacked by Chaos, if Ciel's affection isn't high enough, she never sees Shiki after killing Arcueid, so she never gives him a charm to help repel vampires. This ends with Shiki going out into the hallway, exploring the empty hotel, and being swallowed by random Chaos animals in the dark.

Bad End 9. If Shiki decides to sexually assault Arcueid in the back alley, the next time they met, she can't control herself and sucks his blood to death.

Bad End 12. A completely out of nowhere bad ending (caused by not taking the time to ask her questions of a serious nature) where Roa appears, reveals about SHIKI and his connection to Shiki and kills him so swiftly that even Shiki doesn't realize what just happened.

Shiki manages to kill Roa, but he transfers the burden of his madness to him, causing Shiki to have murderous thoughts and strange dreams. After he gets out of control to the point that he rapes Kohaku.

Bad End 18. A vampirized Satsuki bites Shiki so they could be together forever.

Bad End 20. If Shiki doesn't tell Ciel about his nightmares, he goes to check at the back alley and has hallucinations of himself killing girls similar to Akiha (which is caused by the psychic link with SHIKI). He is then killed by SHIKI in a whim. What makes it horrible is that Shiki is laughing madly because this proves that he wasn't the killer as he thought.

Bad End 22. During Shiki and Ciel's battle, if Shiki decides to kill her, he loses his sanity and becomes convinced that he is the killer. He then reverts to his Nanaya instincts.
>>
>>155727849
>hurr there are are millions of stories
>durr why is this one slightly different
>>
>>155725290
>calls a schoolkid taller than his peers a manlet
>dumb kid with bullshit magic beats other people with bullshit magic
>taking any of fate/whatever garbage seriously
youre trying too hard
>>
>>155729416
Get turned into a doll by Ilya and tortured. Literally "I have no mouth yet I must scream".
>>
>>155730501
I forgot how much of a psychopath Illya is.

Literally worst girl.
>>
>>155725290
Welcome to anime, manga, visual novels, and light novels, where bland male high schoolers serve are overpowered to serve as otaku self-inserts.
>>
>>155730673
I don't know, Sakura in Femme Fatale puts a forward a strong argument. At least Illya has the courtesy die horribly most of the time so has a nicer chemistry with her servant.

Caster also has a case going for her in that ending where she tears out Shirou's spine and crafts his nerves into a UBW wand, with him still alive and conscious because UBW dies with him.
>>
>>155730945
>shirou
>bland
He may be a total retard but he is far from bland.
>>
>>155731185
Everyone in the nasuverse is a psychopath.
Someone, give these people therapy dammit.
>>
>>155731314
Plebian, I bet you can't even appreciate a good murder. You'd probably start rolling on the floor and puking or some gay shit.
>>
>>155731314
The only girl in Tsukihime that isn't trying to kill you is Hisui
>>
>>155731378
A girl that wants to kill you is the best kind though.
>>
File: 1410925469434.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1410925469434.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>155730673
She made up for it, especially in HF. Ilya has so much heart.
Even in H/A she has some amazing scenes. Where it's clear she knows what happened to her and the world.
>>
>>155731452
Yea but didn't nasu say everything is canon, even the bad endings?

Getting tortured as a doll is a fate worse than death.
So saving his life does not make up for it.

Fucking slut. All of this because she thought Shirou cucked Kerry away from her. (I think).
>>
Which side of FSN was better, the front (Fate/UBW) or the back (HF)?
>>
>>155731492
I enjoyed UBW the most but HF is objectively the best.
>>
>>155731590
UBW was good but Rin needed more than 1 sex scene.

No, the HF one does not count.
>>
>>155731636
We needed a scene where she craves Shinji.
>>
File: img000102.jpg (1MB, 2192x1649px) Image search: [Google]
img000102.jpg
1MB, 2192x1649px
>>155731416
Either you understand me completely, or not at all. Perhaps my perception of the concept can answer that: this is what I view as the perfect relationship.
>>
>>155731491
What's a little doll torture? Don't get so worked up over something so little.
Magicians are cruel. That's just one part of Ilya, don't let it blind you to the whole.
That way of thinking, "saving one life equals killing one life" is not my meaning.
What I mean is look at her heart and know that she's terrible yet at the same time full of love. She fucks Shirou up in a horrible way when she doesn't know him. Yet when she does get to know and love him, she sacrafices everything for him. That's what's at the heart of Heaven's Feel isn't it? Sacrificing yourself. And doing it for people you love and not people you don't know.
>>
Why do people like HF true while hating UBW? They're both Harem ends.
>>
>>155731732
I understand perfectly.
>>
>>155731636
UBW was weird. Best route to read but it can't stand well on its own. It actually made watching Deen adaptation feel alright because of the Caster addition. Every servant but Archer jobs in every other route.
>>
File: ubwtrue.png (280KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ubwtrue.png
280KB, 800x600px
>>155731851
Because best girl only wins in HF True.
>>
>>155731851
UBW=leaving Sakura to suffer
HF=toogudfeelgud ending. If anything the normal end would fit much better as it mirrors unrequited love from the Fate route ala Shirou losing Saber.
>>
>>155731678
You are an anon of great vision.
>>
>>155731851

Why would anyone ever think HF True is a harem end?

Sakura teases Shirou and Rin about being nervous around each other, but she knows she is has sole possession of Mr. Sword's Bone.

Rider is just a friend there. If anything, it feels more like Rider and Rin could be starting a thing there.
>>
>>155732488
Nah in Ataraxia, Rider gets smitten with Shirou and tries to do him in his wet dreams involving Sakura..
>>
>>155732326
Here is your (You)
>>
File: 2632130.jpg (232KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2632130.jpg
232KB, 600x600px
>>155732552

But the Eclipse there isn't necessarily after HF True. The Eclipse scenes are standalone scenes that are one timeline that can happen. She does it for helping Shirou more aggressively pursue Sakura. In HF True, there is no need, because those two are banging so hard even Sakura is saying they should slow down, and she literally cums rainbows just getting a hug from Shirou.

Also, in reality for a major of that scene she is in actually masturbation and drinking his blood, not actually fucking him. Remember how her powers work.
>>
>>155727066
>If they had Gil remember he can actually use his NP's individual effects like he did in the Fate route, instead of just randomly shooting them. Have him pull out his unnamed ice-sword and have Shirou counter with a projected Laevateinn,

he couldnt't fucking speedreader remember what happened when he tried to pull EA out, that't the point of UBW because it's faster than GOB fucking secondary

>>155726653
>Gilgamesh not in his top form, not using his armor at the start
he only his armor in fate route because saber heck he ddin't even used it against Herc why would he used it against a human?

>not fighting strategically even though that is his entire thing

swordspam
>stratetic
lol

>>155727375
>prisma shit
>canon
>>
>>155732789
Kinda weird how they redid the Realta Nua for that.

>From anal sex to voyeur lesbians
>>
>>155732337
>>155732326

she doesn't suffer in UBW, we know already know that from the Drama CD
>>
>>155733092
Yeah but without the drama CD we just know she's bound to taking care of Shinji which is a fate worse than an Illya end.
>>
>>155733092
What happens in it?
>>
>>155733125
? except after UBW shinji was nice to her again like before the grail war starteed, the whole point is that Zouken was the problem
>>
>>155733222
Didn't he rape Sakura repeatedly even before Fate happened?
>>
File: ÉTô±Éºò×04b(ï¯).png (155KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
ÉTô±Éºò×04b(ï¯).png
155KB, 576x600px
>>155733244
Not since the release of Realta Nua. Now he doesn't even hit or curse at her, he's just overly possessive and passive-aggressive when it comes to her visiting Shirou. Shinji is an upstanding young fellow who just wants to keep his little sister pure.
>>
>>155733404
Pre remake, that's pretty much the reason for UBW being a bad end for Sakura. It doesn't help that in the original, Shinji was such a dick that it was hard being convinced that he and Shirou were friends.
>>
>>155733482
>that's pretty much the reason for UBW being a bad end for Sakura.
you sound like a Tumblrfag, when the text and drama CD says she is happy also fate route ending also mentioned that she smiled again
>>155733404
RN is not more canon
>>
>>155733567
Again, that's before the drama CD is taken into account. She just takes care of a piece of shit brother. If it's just the original VN alone, it will give off a bad or incomplete impression on her current state.
>>
>>155725290
>that fight scene when he summon's Archer's swords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfTt5kmJmzo
>>
File: 1464647019718.png (896KB, 941x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1464647019718.png
896KB, 941x1340px
SLH > Superhero > Fate ending > HF ending > UBW ending > """True""" ending
>>
File: 48299691_p10.jpg (173KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
48299691_p10.jpg
173KB, 700x500px
>>155733404
>Shinji tried to keep Sakura away from Shirou so he could have her for himself
>Sakura kills him to protect her virginity when he tries to rape her
RN Sakura really is the paragon of purity.
>>
>>155733006

Because they were both dreams. Rider fed on his mana via dreams. Did you forget that she still has several powers as a former nature spirit?

She sends dreams, steals mana via his mental energy, and laps up his blood because she enjoys drinking blood.

Why do you think all those doujins use that premise? It's one of her abilities.
>>
>>155728355
>Grand Order

isn't that the mobile game what's merlin up to these days
>>
>>155734332
shit taste
>>
>>155733404

Actually, the physical abuse is still a thing, since Shirou still says he and Shinji became estranged because of it. It's just the sexual abuse that is taken out.

The past stuff where he thought of her as a servant and was an arrogant, haughty kid who said he hated her for "intruding on the illustrous Matou family" until he learned the truth is still true. Now it's even worse because he seems to be trying to live vicariously through his "little sister" that he never treats like a sister. So the act seems more phony, not less.
>>
>>155734442
being not important
the only caster-types that matter are Solomon and Gil
>>
>>155734334
You dumb little shit.

Sakura was already raped by Shinji a long time ago. Not to mention the worms crawling into her womb through her fresh loli pussy.
>>
>>155727531
>self insert
>character is mentally ill
>character is a feminist
>character makes stupid decisions
hmm, really makes me think
>>
>>155734705
How was he a feminist again?
>>
>>155726653
Gilgamesh did fight strategically.

His armor would be in the way.

Gilgamesh lost fair and square to Shinji.
>>
>>155734689
>implying shit like that happens in an all-ages game
Realta Nua deleted all the cringy porno shit like that, and it was for the better.
>>
>>155734787
Proofs
>>
>>155734787
>cringy porno shit
Get out of /a/
>>
>>155734787
wormslutfag first again RN is not more canon
TM is still selling the eroge version
2. she got already wormrapred in Zero
>>
File: 112312456546.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
112312456546.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>155734821
In Realta Nua, Saber's H-scene becomes CG dragons, Rin's H-scene becomes CG fishes, and Sakura's H-scenes get replaced with her sucking Shirou's blood. The worms aren't phallic anymore, and all mentions of Sakura being a rape victim are replaced with them talking about her being experimented on by the Matous instead.
>>
>>155734872
>Zero
>canon
What?
>>
>>155733686

Nasu basically says Shinji had no fundamental changes in one of the Complete Materials. He has the weight of his obsession with magecraft off his back, but other than that, he is the same. He just doesn't bother with Sakura and eventually moves out to Tokyo. It's not like he ever patched things up with Sakura or said he was sorry. Nor was her life fine afterward, Nasu just kept the details of the Matou household under wraps because this is UBW, not HF.

It's more like she is the one who attempted to fix things. Which is hilarious, the girl who actually needs therapy is the one helping that idiot. Shinji didn't give any effort whatsoever.
>>
>>155734872
Zouken's wording regarding it in Zero is pretty ambiguous, actually. He talks about a worm taking her "purity", but there's no need to interpret that as sexual purity. A worm "taking her purity" works just as well as a metaphor for her being disillusioned about her new family as the worm experiments started.
>>
>>155734930
Realta Nua isn't canon. You're either a waifufag, or a normalfag who thinks removing the erotic content is better because "hurr durr sexuality is a detractive qaulity in artistic works".
>>
>>155734705
>character is a feminist
Huh? He spends the Fate route telling Saber to get the fuck back into the dining room to eat his cooking because women shouldn't fight, and it fucking works. In UBW his condition for joining Lancer is to lay claim to Rin, and it fucking works. In all the routes, the reason Rider takes an interest in him is that he treats her and Sakura as girls instead of worthless monsters like everyone else. Shirou is more sexist than the callous magical elites who have no problem training girls as heirs and letting them do mage shit. Even the fanatical church sends women into battle, but Shirou is against it.
A Fate remake would probably trigger half of the secondaries that have come in since the FZ adaption.
>>
File: 1325727756354.png (428KB, 477x530px) Image search: [Google]
1325727756354.png
428KB, 477x530px
>>155735061
>Realta Nua isn't canon
That's why every single adaptation is based on it, right?
>>
>>155735033
>Hey anon I fucked your waifu
>hmm, by 'fucked' he probably means 'fucked over' in the sense of cheated or deceived, my waifu is clearly pure
>>
>>155725290
you mean anyone besides manlet japs right?
>>
>>155725290
>manlet
>when his future self is taller than Gilgamesh
>>
>>155735061
Considering just how much flak the H-scenes and dickworms get, they clearly are a detractive quality to most fans. Realta Nua was a huge improvement.
>>
File: FMw3ts4.jpg (75KB, 400x553px) Image search: [Google]
FMw3ts4.jpg
75KB, 400x553px
Is the Ever After OST better than the original?
>>
>>155735121
Adaptations aren't canon either faggot. The original version is always the main canon barring excessive differences between it and the "revised" versions. But that doesn't even matter because in a series with different routes every route is equally canon so choose your own bullshit.
>>
>>155729535

He said "bad" endings anon.
>>
>>155725290
Why are Gilfags so buttblasted when their precious Goldy got raped by Shirou?
>>
>>155735033
dude you see in the Zero manga that shes gets wormraped
>>155735121
first of nasu already stated that anime =/=VN and they can show sex scenes in the anime duh
>>
>>155735251
>barring excessive differences between it and the "revised" versions
Exactly.
>>
>>155735320
>Zero manga
Nobody gives a shit, secondary.
>>
>>155734705
>self insert into shirou
yeah lets self insert to the guy that has PSTD, guilty complex and a martyr complex
>character is a feminist
except he isn't? because he only told saber once that she shouldn't fight makes him now a feminst?

in UBW or HF he had no problems that Rin or Saber are fighting

>>155735367
it's also in the Zero novel fucking secondary stay mad wormslutfag
>>
>>155735203
Maybe most fans are fucking normalfags that should fuck off. I don't know why people read an eroge and then get upset at H-scenes.
>>155735323
When I say excessive differences I mean things like near-total restructure of plot and characters, not just removing certain scenes. In extreme cases they become two different canons, and depending on what is based on which, the original canon might not be relevant to the newer material. It's a bad example, but off of the top of my head, something like Edge of Tomorrow is different enough from the LN that you can't say events from the LN should be considered canon to the live action movie, simply because they are too different. There are other series where the new story becomes the main canon for the franchise. But that is not the case with Fate.
>>
>>155735318

He was going easy on him!

Gil-sama is the strongest!
>>
>>155735522
Yeah he was, and he suffered because of it. If it was Caster Gilgamesh, then he would have wrecked Shirou before the fight even started.
>>
>>155735485
>it's also in the Zero novel
Nope. All mentions are ambiguous. Stay mad, crossboarder.
>>
>>155735367
>>155735485
>secondary secondary shut up secondary
I hate all of you retards.
>>
>>155735061

Sexuality isn't a detractive quality. It can be used very well (see Saya no Uta).

However, in the case of Fate I understand Type Moon basically felt compelled to stick the H-scenes in because H-scenes were pretty much standard for VNs at the time and it was seen as necessary for sales.
In other words, they weren't part of the original vision for Fate (which is why subsequent entries in the franchise dropped them once Type-Moon was at a liberty to do so).
>>
If you aren't getting your facts from the original, unedited, uncensored release of the VN, you're a fucking secondary and you should fuck off of fate threads forever.
>>
>>155735618
That doesn't make them non-canon, it just means people didn't care for them.
>>
>>155725290
>The amount of bullshit asspulls employed to allow this manlet japanese high schooler to fight and beat demigods and various superhumans is frankly ridiculous. How can anyone take this shit seriously?

Welcome to anime.
>>
>>155735559

Yeah, Shirou won only due to the very specific circumstances of his ability being a hard-counter to Archer Gil and that Gil decided to spend the fight showboating when he could have ended it in seconds if he really wanted to.
>>
File: 17855295.jpg (174KB, 3139x1335px) Image search: [Google]
17855295.jpg
174KB, 3139x1335px
the new fate by UFO looks good

https://twitter.com/ufotable/status/851471948806672384
>>
>>155735711

No, but I think removing the erotic content IN THIS PARTICULAR VN is better because it wasn't the creative intention of the creator to include it in the first place.
>>
File: 1354259199055.png (129KB, 224x338px) Image search: [Google]
1354259199055.png
129KB, 224x338px
>>155735671
Stay mad.
>>
>>155735798
Stay slutty.
>>
>>155735671
If you aren't getting your facts from Grand Order, then you're a fucking tertiary and you should fuck off.
>>
>>155735671
>unedited
I can't read moon tho
>>
>>155725290
How did Shirou automatically know what Rule breaker did in HF?
>>
>>155735927
He's always had the power to identify swords due to his origin, and he saw it when he and Saber ran into her early in the route.
>>
>>155735927
Unlimited Blade Works. Shirou always had the ability to read swords, that's what the Weapon menu screen is, just like how the Status menu is his personal "Servant UI".
>>
>>155735927
His origin is "sword" for a reason.
>>
>>155725290
shounen shit....taking it seriously.....I don't think you're doing it right anon.
>>
File: 1491889734674.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491889734674.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>155735318
>Gilgamesh
>caster
>>
>The amount of bullshit asspulls employed to allow this manlet japanese high schooler to fight and beat demigods and various superhumans is frankly ridiculous.

You're reading a VN about magical wizards summoning those "demigods" in the first place. The whole entire plot is one giant "asspull" sorry. You are already in a world with magic and wishes and all that other stuff. Why the hell not have a highschooler fight them?
>>
>>155725646

There is some utter contrived bullshit in the story, but his magic is not one of them. An example is Caliburn killing herc 7 times etc.

Fate is an RPG, all the stats and weirdly specific rules for characters magic makes it feel far more pen and paper than a simple fantasy novel.
>>
>Fukin Goku blasts a space energy ball at some alien or whatever.

"WOw the amount of bullshit asspulls that allow this manlet with a high pitch voice to defeat super strong alien warlords is frankly ridiculous! Time out! How does anyone take this seriously???"
>>
>>155725494
fucked up a little?
almost every choice involved a decision and it's polar opposite. 'go' or 'stay' pretty much. realistically, for him to beat a servant i think it would be the intricacies of almost every move in the fight that determined whether he would win or lose. He should've got squashed like a bug during every confrontation. No amount of choice should have saved him.
>>
File: CasterGilgameshStage3.jpg (187KB, 385x545px) Image search: [Google]
CasterGilgameshStage3.jpg
187KB, 385x545px
>>155738597
Clearly, you replied to the wrong post. Nevertheless, rejoice: for I shall give the correct answer unto you.
>>
>>155738670
>makes it feel far more pen and paper than a simple fantasy novel
It is. Fate was once intended to be a tabletop RPG or something similar; I don't remember.
>>
>>155738765
He's not a caster.

Can only be summoned as an archer.
>>
File: 61966876_p0.jpg (409KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
61966876_p0.jpg
409KB, 1000x800px
>>155739004
Such insolence.
>>
File: 332d1592d9b4f43c10994c0a426b394d.jpg (394KB, 1158x1638px) Image search: [Google]
332d1592d9b4f43c10994c0a426b394d.jpg
394KB, 1158x1638px
>tfw you feel left out out of fate discussing despite having seen/read most everything but Grand Order
>>
File: 62042309_p3.jpg (666KB, 980x1313px) Image search: [Google]
62042309_p3.jpg
666KB, 980x1313px
>>155739163
Just read this,
https://pastebin.com/eeP19pfj
and then this,
https://pastebin.com/i068y86Q
and you'll be about as up-to-speed as most GO people.

The rest doesn't matter nearly as much.
>>
File: 1489752508525.jpg (200KB, 385x545px) Image search: [Google]
1489752508525.jpg
200KB, 385x545px
>>155739273
Oh, and for short reference: that first link is extremely brief, for what it is. The text of Grand Order is several thousand pages long; longer than all of FSN. Because of this, there is no practical way to 'catch up' - you either read an ungodly amount of text alongside pictures/screenshots, or you read summaries. Sucks, but it is what it is.
>>
>>155739498
Why won't they give us an English version?
Along with the tsuki remake

Damn Elevens.
>>
>>155739593
>>155739498
Yeah English release when?

I'd play it on my Switch
>>
>>155739593
I remember hearing something about Nasu (or Takeuchi?) wanting to do something for the foreign fans, so it might still be on the table. Extremely, extremely doubtful, but possible. Hope is such a splendid thing.
>>
File: 1451042268073.jpg (1MB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1451042268073.jpg
1MB, 800x1066px
>>155739651
That nigga nasu isn't doing shit. I have been holding out on reading Tsukihime waiting for the remake. That means, I can't fucking read Tsuki, can't watch Carnival Phantasm, and no new Melty.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK
>>
>>155739696
>can't watch Carnival Phantasm
Are you me?

I haven't seen CP since I'm waiting for tsukihime remake

Also I have been procrastinating F/HA really fucking hard
>>
>>155738760
He gets mauled every time he tries to stand up to servants except when he has Archer's arm. Even shit-mode Rider bullies him to death. Weakened Archer beats the shit out of him until he has a change of heart. Even in HF, Black Berserker would have beaten him if Ilya hadn't shown herself to create an additional opening and he can't finish off Saber Alter in SLH.

The only decisive victory against a Servant Shirou gets in the entire VN is the Fate route destruction of Berserker which still ended up being a team effort wherein his major contribution was projecting Caliburn. I can't remember if he even goes one on one with Berserker in that fight. Of course the route itself opens with Berserker spilling his organs out. Shirou really isn't shown to do as well against Servants as people seem to want to say he does. Even his biggest moments of kicking ass either fail to achieve victory or require outside help to conclude. The closest he gets to a clear win is when he takes down Kotomine at the end of Fate. For fuck's sake, he even gets bested by Kuzuki in their final confrontation, which is what stops Rin from maybe succeeding at actually killing a Servant 1v1.
>>
File: devilish ilya.png (717KB, 996x651px) Image search: [Google]
devilish ilya.png
717KB, 996x651px
>>155739742
We are the same person. I'm just playing Grand Order, and finally finishing the UBW anime. Just haven't had the itch to finish H/A.
>>
>>155729756
>Bad End 18. A vampirized Satsuki bites Shiki so they could be together forever.
>implying this is a bad end.
>>
>>155739781
The Fate series is wish fulfillment at its finest. How could a manlet ever stand up to these titans without it being a chuuni fantasy?
>>
Shirou isn't relevant outside his trashy VN.
>>
>>155740028
And HA, and GO part 1.5
>>
>>155731185
>Sakura in Femme Fatale puts a forward a strong argument.
Sakura is FF was Angra Mainyu wearing her as suit, even if the Tajakun translation shat that up. It was Shirou realizing 'Sakura' is no longer there and tied in how Sakura would lose her mind and become fully Manjew that Illya and Rin talked about. Sakura noticing Rin love her was what made her fight.

Shirou went "who is this person?" Because he recognized she wasn't longer Sakura.

Illya doesn't have any excuse for being a psycho. She knew what was happening in HF, unlike Sakura or Rin, and kept quiet because she didn't give a shit if people died. She reveals it in a bad end when she attacks Shirou. She redeemed herself by dying, but she truly was pretty bad.
>>
File: 62307009_p6.png (275KB, 770x520px) Image search: [Google]
62307009_p6.png
275KB, 770x520px
>>155731314
>Everyone in the nasuverse is a psychopath.
>>
>>155739004
He's a Caster because somebody is wearing Solomon's body and calling himself Grand Caster stealing his identity. So he wants to show Go-chan he can pass as a Caster too.
>>
File: C6JGOMSUoAAiY-t.jpg (159KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
C6JGOMSUoAAiY-t.jpg
159KB, 1000x664px
FGO news:
Takeuchi's new favorite Servant character is Altera.
Nasu's new favorite Servant character is Merlin. He also likes Ishtar as second fav. Servant. His favorite character, if you count everything and not just Servants, is Doctor Roman.
>>
>>155739933
He doesn't stand up to them, he gets beaten so regularly that he has multiple layers of plot armor (Avalon, UBW sword "healing") just so he can survive encounters long enough for other people to save him. A lot of his strongest accomplishments don't fully work anyway and most of them cost him a fatal injury, from some of which he does in fact die.
>>
>>155740282
>takeuchi's favorite servant isn't a saberface
what happened
>>
>>155740282
Where is the source for this? I'd like to archive the original text, if possible.
>>
>Fate is complete shite
No fucking shit.
>>
File: C8FXo3RVwAABJPX.jpg (74KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
C8FXo3RVwAABJPX.jpg
74KB, 600x800px
>>155740359
He was trying to shill huke and Extella. Remember he said his waifu was Mashu before the FGO launch. I really doubt he cares when he chose to draw Goetia over Altera in his tribute.

Nasu answers are on point. He wrote a novel about Merlin (despite Arturia in the cover, Garden of Avalon protagonist and narrator was Merlin. Fuck, it's the name of his NP), made Ishtar a Rin clone (who he said was his ideal waifu along with Tamamo) and wrote FGO as Roman's story (to the point he claims nobody else knows "how roman thinks" but him, so he took care of all his scenes and lines).
>>
File: C4jis-pUMAE_Oro.jpg (198KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C4jis-pUMAE_Oro.jpg
198KB, 1200x900px
>>155740390
Middle question.
>>
File: 1491868270989.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1491868270989.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>155740471
SHIT. Sorry, anon. Here you go.
>>
File: 1491209104109.png (389KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491209104109.png
389KB, 400x600px
So you guys looking forward to the CCC event?
>>
>>155725290
Fate/Stay Night is a dumb series anyway, a mediocre shonen with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>155740359
Altera is basically an Artoria clone in everything but her face.
>>
>>155740167
Berserke's Shirou's bull.
>>
>>155735895
>he can't read moon
>>
>>155735618
Even if they wanted the H-scenes to stay it would mean they would have to stick with the 18+ version they originally made for the PC anyway. That murderer case in Japan which that guy got convicted and found with VN's that had very explicit content led to a public scare at the time, that could of had led to the VN industry shutting down for good if they didn't decide to form a guideline board for it.

It is the reason why you see VN's now divided into all ages and 18+. You won't see H-scenes stuff in a console version because that is the law they have for it.
>>
>>155740511
Thank you. It's interesting that he uses the name "Roman" instead of "Solomon". Curious if that distinction meant/means anything to him, or was simply an off-the-cuff response.
>>
>>155727985
Nasu just called Roman (Solomon's human incarnation) his favorite character. He's basically Fate Jesus while Shirou is a fucking who.

I'm sure Shirou was partly based on his concept for Solomon which was older than FSN (along with the Beasts) too with the EMPTY MAN shit.
>>
File: C8ab-u6U0AAvePw.jpg (67KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
C8ab-u6U0AAvePw.jpg
67KB, 600x752px
>>155740781
Solomon was a system not a person, so he wasn't a 'character' in the first place. Roman is what Solomon should be if he had a characterization/was a person. Roman did shift to his original Solomon appearance in the end, but he was still Romani.
>>
>>155725290
>entire story about a boy who wants to be a hero facing against the reality of his idea self
>asspull
Pick one
>>
>>155738744
This might be the worst comparison i've ever seen.
>>
>>155725290
Rock paper scissors. Ubw just happens to hard counter gate of babylon.
>>
>>155740748
>some guys kills people
>he happened to play VNs as a hobby
>thus all VNs are potentially evil
What kind of shitty logic is that?
>>
>>155740781
Solomon (before the wish and Marisbilly) was a void. Empty. Nothing.

Roman explains this shit to Da Vinci when they are brainstorming who is that Solomon in London. She asks if it could be an Alter version but Roman disagrees because Solomon cannot be altered, as Solomon is fundamentally empty. Not even neutral. Just empty.

Even EMIYA can be altered.

So there's nothing much there, the real meat is Romani who is also Solomon but he's also himself. His role isn't to be a Servant either.
>>
File: 60893566_p0.png (1MB, 902x1040px) Image search: [Google]
60893566_p0.png
1MB, 902x1040px
>>155740953
>Roman did shift to his original Solomon appearance in the end, but he was still Romani.
That's what I was referring to. Even if he is Roman, his 'existence' is still Solomon, and Solomon is still Roman's original name. They may be 'different humans', but they're the same entity. It's hard to explain this - just think about how both Cu and Gil can have the true Gae Bolg at the same time; my point is similar in theory.

In possible support of my point: if Ars Nova eliminates all traces of Solomon alone, then, if they are separate persons, why would Roman cease to exist as well?
>>
>>155725290
>How can anyone take this shit seriously?
Pro-tip: people don't.
>>
File: 62227900_p0.png (459KB, 1254x1771px) Image search: [Google]
62227900_p0.png
459KB, 1254x1771px
>>155741170
Ars Nova simply removes Solomon from earth and throne (from the time it's used, not before that point) to return it to God. In other words, erases his Heroic Spirit entry and cockblocks Goetia from starting the incineration in 2016.

You can see in the game trailer, a white butterfly flying in the temple which crosses the trailer and flies up the sky. White butterflies are the embodiment of the soul of loved one who just passed away in Japanese culture. I'm sure what Nasu intended to do is to say he's dead and you can't just summon him again as you do with the others.

I'm sure he'll probably write more of him in the future. He has ten years of backstory. He made DW to have Roman as the dramatic focus of their April's Fools event. He greeted the Masters Prof. Oak style and then bid farewell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eziCOvCftMA
With a new version of his theme song ("Your Wish"). I find it funny his theme song could easily pass as a heroine's theme.
>>
OP doesn't even have the storylines in the right order
>>
>>155741490
That doesn't answer why Roman would die, if he is a separate entity from Solomon. I'm not arguing about the fact of his death; I'm arguing about the name which is proper to use when referring to the character.
>>
>>155739651

It wasn't the TM guys, but I recently heard that the publishing/production company for the game was planning on bringing Grand Order to west. They call the shots.
>>
File: 60895944_p0.png (767KB, 752x1274px) Image search: [Google]
60895944_p0.png
767KB, 752x1274px
>>155741702
喜ぶがいい、約束された時が来た。

And I'm pretty sure that there's more than enough of an audience in the West. This could be great.
>>
>>155741677
He was the result of his wish, though. Also Roman renounced to that wish to become Solomon again to face Goetia and use Ars Nova. He just kept his personality.

>>155741702
Don't know about the west but they announced expansion. Korea FGO was just launched.
>>
File: Roman Thank You.jpg (272KB, 1748x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Roman Thank You.jpg
272KB, 1748x1190px
>>155741891
>Roman renounced that wish to become Solomon again to face Goetia and use Ars Nova
Then Solomon should be the name of the character who Nasu likes, right? Yet, even ignoring that line of thought, Nasu said this a little while back:
>Nasu: It’s a story about Roman, after all, at least in my head. Oh yes, I remembered something amusing about the final chapter’s production. There was a battle scene between Goetia and Roman, right? ... I set up the scenario such that it would build up Goetia’s and Roman’s characters.

He uses the name Roman again. Even after Roman 'reverts' to Solomon, Nasu continues to refer to him as being Roman. That's why I'm taking overall issue with the naming theme/thing: the character, as perceived in his entirety, is Solomon. He made a choice to become Roman as Solomon, and he ended the life of Roman as Solomon. But, Nasu still calls him Roman. I'm merely wondering if there's any significance in that.
>>
>>155742094
No, because human-personalitySolomon chose to be called Roman. That's his name. He wants to be Roman.
>>
>>155742094
Also I forgot, before vanishing, he took Roman's appearance again. It's obvious Romani wanted to be more sent off with that instead of his old self.
>>
>>155742284
Wanting to be called something is not a legitimate basis for a name. Supreme naming power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some wanton will, self-administered ceremony.
>>
>>155742563
Doesn't fucking matter, mate. He did whatever he wanted in the end.
>>
>>155740286
Giving him bad ends don't justify the shitty wish-fulfillment good end, nice try. It's not feasible for him to take on a servant in any capacity and he did.
>>
>>155725290
Only retards from /fgog/ take this garbage writing seriously.
>>
>>155743762
>GO players take SN seriously
>GO players *acknowledge* SN
lol ok
>>
>>155744119
GO players are fatedrones who would eat amything from the fate franchise.
>>
>>155744280
speak for yourself
>>
>>155725290
fate fanbase is fucking garbage
this is the reason why i stick to kaleid

i want prisma event in fgo
>>
>>155744368
found the FGOfaggot
>>
>>155726227
The fuck is this jewbook meme?
>>>/out/
>>
>>155725290
B-but muh waifus.
>>
Why do people keep highlighting the shit parts of Fate and not the good parts?
>>
File: 1435944331295.jpg (42KB, 285x400px) Image search: [Google]
1435944331295.jpg
42KB, 285x400px
>>155731636
Rin got to lez out on Saber though. Or does that not count?
>>
File: 1409258168025.jpg (123KB, 796x598px) Image search: [Google]
1409258168025.jpg
123KB, 796x598px
>>155732552
In Ataraxia, we have Rider flirting with Rin as well. The only reason they didn't fuck is because Sakura cuntblocked them.
>>
>>155744969
Because Fatefags act as if this shit was the Second Coming of the Christ.
We gotta have them face reality.
>>
>>155745110
Why aren't you in the AoT threads anon?
>>
>>155745143
Because "AoT" is equally shit and I already spoke my mind there, you casual scum.
>>
>>155729475
What choices do you make to get this end?
>>
>>155745062

People keep saying Sakura was a cuntblocker, but they seem to have missed the important fact that Rider openly cheers on Sakura getting with Shirou, and tells Sakura she is on her side on that.

To then go and try to seduce that same person you told your BFF you would support their relationship with is a violation of the bro code. It's not cool man. If Medusa was upfront about it, Sakura wouldn't be nearly as miffed. The fact she cancels a date with Shirou to go treat her injured kouhais and says it's okay to spend the day shopping with Rider instead proves Sakura is a bro.

Speaking of relationship craziness, how about we talk about Rin getting weak in the knees at her imouto calling her onee-chan? Or Shirou's density reaching new heights when he talks to Ayako's brother Minori about gifts to give Sakura?
>>
File: 1490883859354.jpg (573KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490883859354.jpg
573KB, 643x900px
>>155744476
I am sure it will be rerun eventually to fill the gaps between 1.5 chapters.
>>
>>155745303
You're talking about Shirou though, not Rin.
>>
>>155744500
not that anon, but i enjoy fgo, i think its nice how each fate/ anime is part of like a bigger picture, with a lot more heroes and servants.

such as Archer's Rho Aias once protecting Achilles (apocrypha) from Hector's spear during the trojan war
>>
>>155744500
>FGO is bad
Found the EOP.
>>
>>155745364

Sakura never cuntblocked Medusa and Rin though. I don't think I have seen her be negative about same-sex relationships either.
>>
>>155745440
>EOP
found the /jp/tard
>>
>>155745440
>FGO
>Good
back to /vg/, fatedrone. Go spend more money to your master
>>
>>155745440
Most of the game story is filler trash with only last two chapters getting a MINIMAL level of improvement.

Penultimate chapter at least has some semblance of TRYING to write characters(mainly because the focus heroic spirit already has shitload of development over other works) and final chapter sufficiently feels like a final fight(albeit ruined by a gazillion cheesy asspulls and retcons)

Hell, if they ever adapt next two arcs into OVAs(which I doubt they will, defeats the purpose), they would have to literally replace 99% of content.

Let's not pretend FGO is about a story. Its a mobage. People trying to defend bad writing of it are just being silly.
>>
>>155745572
>>155745582
This 'mutual hostility' shit is fucking boring.
>>
>>155745510
There has to be some reason why those two haven't fucked, given they constantly flirt with one another.
>>
>>155745899

Let's put it to you this way, Sakura jokingly watches Medusa flirt with Ayako, and only stops her when she actively seems like she might try to molest her without her permission or in that one drama CD where she was about to ravish Waver in a family restaurant and get the Emiya crew arrested for indecency in a public place so she put Medusa on time out in her Shadow (which thanks Nasu, you put that type of important ability info in a comedic drama CD).

Sakura ain't a prude about that stuff. For being one of the most conservative members of the cast, she is pretty progressive. Well, she is the youngest next to Caren, even if she doesn't look it.

If Rin and Medusa fucked, Sakura would just likely tell them good luck in their relationship after the initial surprise.
>>
>>155745611
>Most of the game story is filler trash with only last two chapters getting a MINIMAL level of improvement.
What are you talking about? America up to Salomon is better than F/SN as a whole already.
>albeit ruined by a gazillion cheesy asspulls and retcons
Elaborate.
>Hell, if they ever adapt next two arcs into OVAs(which I doubt they will, defeats the purpose), they would have to literally replace 99% of content.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>155745611
>Let's not pretend FGO is about a story. Its a mobage.
>A mobage can't have a good story
What makes Grand Order different from other mobage and what makes it so popular is because it's story is miles better than your usual mobage. Otherwise it would be a flop like Mahoyo.
>>
>>155746474
Mashu is a shit character whose survival is worth insulting whole freaking oldschool nasuverse by turning a fucking primate murder into pokemon, then converting him via fucking power of friendship and asspulling survival by breaking dozens of nasuverse rules.

There's no reason to care for Mashu except for the fact that story literally force-feeds you her EVERYWHERE going "AINT SHE NICE!?! AINT SHE CARING?!?! YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO LIKE HER". Even this special highlights that on how the SelfInsertProtag should instantly like her and think she is just the best.
>>
>>155746615
What makes Grand Order popular is the collectible waifus. What made Mahoyo a flop is the sensible character designs and lack of otaku pandering.
>>
File: f (408).jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
f (408).jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>>155725290
We are not even sure that Shirou is japanese, bait harder.
>>
>>155746474
>America up to Salomon is better than F/SN as a whole already.
The fuck are you talking about? F/SN is way better just because there is focus on the characters, ideas and etc. In FGO there is a bunch of popular characters for each chapter that they should promote to you. This is how 90% of this game looks like. Of course the action in FGO is much more global, but it doesn't automatically make everything better.
>>
>>155739781
what ending is the one where archer beats him until he has a change of heart?
>>
File: 1491593767100.png (1MB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491593767100.png
1MB, 847x1200px
>>155726866
Will gilboy ever recover?
>>
>>155725290
Out of 46 endings, Shirou dies in 39 of them. And he only succeeds in 5.
>>
>>155729756
18 is not a bad end
>>
>>155726049
He went from enhancing the strength of things (elementary magic) to literally spawning 1:1 copies (apparently extremely high level magic) in about a month or 2, He then was able to use these skills of which he previously had no prior knowledge of, to the extent that they could defeat a literal demi-god who's power is the literal embodiment of his Legend, something that is interwoven with his very soul.

Gilgamesh's ability to preform the feats he does is explained and make sense, yet Shiro was for all intents and purposes a normal person and only becomes so powerful because the plot requires him to be so strong in order to face the antagonist of the story on equal footing.

It doesn't help that there is such a stark fucking contrast between the two.
>>
>>155747578
>yet Shiro was for all intents and purposes a normal person
He really never was though. Ever since he broke he was never normal. And it's possible he was abnormal even before that.
>>
>>155747578
Shirou actually only ever learned one magic. UBW and a couple of different applications of UBW.

Shirou's strengthening and projection is later proven to not be regular strengthening and projection. It just looks like it on a surface level. There are things his magic can't do that's elementary and that traditional magic of said kind should be able to do easily. Meanwhile there are tons of things that Shirou's magic can do, that other magic can't feasibly do. Since the source of his magic is essentially its own plane of existence governed by its own laws, so the expected law of sacrifice doesn't apply as expected.

He can't follow a blueprint to create something he hasn't seen before. Which should be elementary.
He can't make non-blades. Which should be elementary. When he tries they end up hollow inside.
But at the same time he can make endless amount of hollow junk without supplying the expected materials for said junk. And then said junk can just sit around without evaporating. Which should be impossible.

Shirou only ever had one magic. And he never succeeded at any magical feat that wasn't an application of said one magic.
>>
>>155747578
Shirou was never a normal person. He wouldn't have become archer if he was. He ability itself lets him borrow skills and use high level magic at a price so borrowing from himself is the most logical outcome. Gil was designed to contrast shirou. Shirou is not as strong as Gil. He is the counter to Gil. A counter doesnt necessarily have to be strong on its own.
>>
>>155729589
This was a good thing. I wished this one was put in middle of the route flowchart (you need to activate this bad ending to proceed to Sakura) which would means everyone would need to see it to feel better the route theme.
>>
>>155726969
>what is Sparks Liner High
>>
>>155747868
UBW is still fucking cool after all these years.
>>
>>155735119
>He spends the Fate route telling Saber to get the fuck back into the dining room to eat his cooking because women shouldn't fight, and it fucking works.
My dear lord, anon. He told her that once, and the day after he got his ass handed to him during training sessions and later on, during the first Rider scene, he realised what a tard he had been.

People were freaking out about "OMG SHERU SEXIST PIG" for saying that he'd do all the fighting in Saber's stead, but forgot that his point of view was quickly contested and defeated. Plus, let's not forget that he's not exactly the sanest of people, though he's quite harmless in his form of insanity.
>>
File: Fucking_319c5e_524431.jpg (57KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking_319c5e_524431.jpg
57KB, 500x333px
>>155725290
>almost 300 posts when you all you needed was this one
>>
File: 1491721739355.jpg (519KB, 1250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491721739355.jpg
519KB, 1250x1000px
Which H-scene in F/SN and F/HA was your favorite anons?

I'd have to say both Saber's second and Saber's eclipse were the best in my opinion. I kind of felt Rider's eclipse with surprise sex was nice too. Karen's grazed my kink bone.
>>
>>155747868
>He can't make non-blades. Which should be elementary. When he tries they end up hollow inside.
Then how can he project Rho Aias?
>>
File: senpaicomeinside.jpg (169KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
senpaicomeinside.jpg
169KB, 800x600px
>>155749436
The Sakura eclipse scene at her house.
>>
>>155749436
Saber in the bath

Fuck Saber is hot as shit
>>
>>155749539
>Then how can he project Rho Aias?
It's pretty much an exception. He calls it his greatest noble phantasm or some such thing and him being able to replicate it was one of his greatest achievements.
But even then he is pretty shit at it in a sense. The stat page for UBW or something states that the energy cost for non-blades is like 4 times higher or something.

But I guess it's more accurate to say that he can't trace non-blades with UBW. He doesn't automatically copy them into his mind upon viewing them. And it's the reason for why all his projections in his basement are hollow.
>>
>>155749436
Fucking Rin in her cute pajamas for the purpose of procreation in her eclipse.
>>
>>155749744
You've misunderstood, because Shirou is explicitly able to trace any weapon. Swords are just easiest because they're his soul and shit. The reason his projections in his shed were hollow was because he didn't understand the point of his magic yet. He was trying to create something rather than give form to what he already had.
>>
>main character avoids dying
WOW ASSPULL THE ENTIRE MAIN CAST SHOULD DIE ON THE FIRST EPISODE FUCKING PLOT ARMOR
>>
>>155725290
bait
and it worked, too
>>
>>155725290
When you watch anime, you don't take it seriously. You take it for the waifus and memes.

Here's a free (You). Also, Shiki can defeat servants. Suck it haters.
>>
>>155725290

He survive the Holy Grail destruction. That man of Fate Zero know shirou is super special
>>
>>155749564

That was one of the more intimate ones. Felt like really familiar, homey shagging.
Shirou tickling Sakura's belly was a nice touch, not something I expect Nasu to write.

That said, the most surprising Eclipse was Rider's with the blood play and learning Shirou prefers being rimmed.
>>
>>155726180
gilga more or less let shirou win. it wasn't gilga actually trying his best.
>>
File: fate grand order episode 1.jpg (180KB, 375x2041px) Image search: [Google]
fate grand order episode 1.jpg
180KB, 375x2041px
>>155747258
>F/SN is way better just because there is focus on the characters, ideas and etc
No, it wasn't. Because it was full of unnecessary filler shit. The only thing that FSN has over FGO was that the focus of the story was the one who got the most screentime. Because in VN it works that way while mobage has different constrains.

I'm not sure why you're arguing when old Nasufags in Japan agree that FGO is amazing (unlike Extella and Extra which they constantly shit on).
>>
>>155754329
Is Extra that bad? I want to play CCC but I'm hesitant about having to go throw Extra.
>>
I'm not sure why FSN fags are salty about FGO gacha when most of FSN Servants are easily obtained. Aren't those their favorites?

Only Saber and Gilgamesh are SSR and from those only Gil is limited. EMIYA can Herk can be rolled from the starter tutorial if you reroll until you get both. Cu, Medusa, Ko Gil and Medea are silver Servants they can get from FP gacha. Koujiro and Cursed Hand Hassan are Bronzes which are even more obtainable. Avenger is hard, granted, as a *0 Servant harder to get than a gold.
>>
>>155754585
CCC is the best you can get from Extra but in general Extra is regarded as the weakest entry Nasu made of Fate franchise. Extella is specially bad. Extra is just mediocre.
>>
File: 59132160_p5.jpg (216KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
59132160_p5.jpg
216KB, 800x530px
>>155754585
Extra is very okay. It never really dips down into god awful and it never hits great highs, so it's mostly consistent. It boils down to how much you like the playable Servants and how well you can tolerate advanced rock paper scissors.
>>
>>155754585
CCC is the only worthwhile thing of Extra universe. Nasu knows this too. That's why he's making a collab with CCC out of all Extra things, not Extella or vanilla Extra.

CCC was the first work Nasu brought up the Beasts concepts (just namedropped it) along Fragments and Prototype. The problem with Extra is that has a completely outlandish setting which is jarring to Fate franchise. FGO meanwhile rescues his original Fate ideas and puts them in use and does it in a setting you can believe happens (because secret magi associations exist before Chaldea). That's far more Fate like than some supermoon computer nobody ever heard about and only exists in one setting.
>>
>>155754772
But as a game, Extra is kinda good if you like grinding and turn based combat.
>>
>>155754329
>Because it was full of unnecessary filler shit.
Yeah, and FGO is full of this shit, even story chaptes is basically a fillers until they somehow push overall storyline forward. Not to mention about tons of lightweighted events and collabs with other TM products.
FGO isn't bad by itself and I liked it more than Extella, even if they almost the same type of product. But it's just worse than original works because it's lacked character focus. You can name it a mobage constraints but it's still very bad for the story. You can have tons of heroes and they can look cool but only several of them can be actually interesting or have good story with them.
>>
>>155754982
>>155754858
>>155754772
>how well you can tolerate advanced rock paper scissors
I'll give it a shot then. After all Fire Emblem is one of my favourite series.
>>
>>155755075
>bad for the story
In which sense? The story was about Roman and because of the mobage format, the entire nip userbase got attached to him due to "he was with us all days for over a year." Each time any reference to him is brought up, it trends with tears and "come back" "thank you" messages. There was never a more cried character. Not even Illya. Becuase mobage was the perfect platform to create an emotional bond.

Yes, it fucked us over to have a self-insert protagonist when, if was another medium, Roman would have been the POV, but it got what Nasu was going for.
>>
>>155754585
Original Extra is weird and extremely boring, main story is laughable. There is a bright sides like relationships with your servant, discovering the secrets of your enemy, but overall it's not worth it. But if you really like Fate you can try it and actually have fun. It's just mediocre game with meh story and a weird setting.
>>
File: 1400816490394.png (451KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
1400816490394.png
451KB, 800x558px
>>155755095
Just be wary that if your first choice is Casko you're going to die at the start, a lot.
>>
Basically the idea for Fate is that not only can epic heroes be relatable and understood/reinterpreted, but the thing that makes them heroes can still be found in the extremes of today's society. I think it gets a pass because the heroes of shit like the tale of King Arthur, the Iliad, all the fucking native myths and so on were filled to the brim with plot elements that would be considered played out and bullshit today.
>>
File: C9EWnkhVYAAlgJO.jpg (200KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9EWnkhVYAAlgJO.jpg
200KB, 1200x675px
>>155755075
You realize those 'filler' events were just Roman living a happy SOL moments. Similar to Avenger in FHA. The event now we got after his death is fucking heavy about four characters unable to move on and stagnate: Nobuyuki who wanted to live a happy childhood with his sister, Hijikata who wanted the Shinsengumi back, Andras (pillar demon) who wanted to live for living's sake, and Chacha who denied her role in the destruction of her clan and family, all trapped in a dimension that they froze unable to move on from their tragedies. And the stars were fucking gag characters in the past (Okita and Nobu) which had a part 1 gag event when Roman was alive.

The next event is going to be CCC one. All the character campaigns are now also related to the plot.

The only 1000% filler ones are the parody characters like MHX Alter, but you have random mahou shoujo shit in FHA too.
>>
>>155755458
>The next event is going to be CCC one.
Not the other guy and I know this isn't your point but just for clarity's sake I want to say that we don't actually know when the CCC collab/event will be, personally I'm not expecting it before late June or July.
>>
>>155755572
Yeah, but I mean the next big event announced that we know. I have no reason to believe they won't continue with this trend when fucking Guda Guda was serious as fuck.
>>
>>155749789
This anon gets it.
>>
File: 572f9631fd502dbe39364b16a953d2f6.jpg (469KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
572f9631fd502dbe39364b16a953d2f6.jpg
469KB, 750x1000px
>>
>>155755095
Take >>155755237 into consideration. The servant choice is almost equal to difficulty select, Saber being izi modo and caster being hard until you get her skills in the second half of the game and delete everything.
>>
>>155755251
I really don't like that in new Fate projects almost completely removed the concept of diffrent masters and servants. Because of this new fate projects lacks so many things. Like exploring enemy servant's identity, what synergy or vulnerability they possible can have, what plans do they have and etc. Almost every new character is just a an epic hero, no more ineresting stuff from actually human world, the story is centered around you and your servants. Even Roman was actually not a normal human.
>>
File: triggerwarning.png (3MB, 1610x1193px) Image search: [Google]
triggerwarning.png
3MB, 1610x1193px
I'm preparing my body for pic related.
>>
File: CtX4ZIHUIAEbLOU.jpg large.jpg (44KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
CtX4ZIHUIAEbLOU.jpg large.jpg
44KB, 600x424px
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.