[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 Y E A R S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 43

File: Berserker_Armour_Version_2.png (581KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Berserker_Armour_Version_2.png
581KB, 800x1206px
30 fucking years and we still don't know what the MAIN FUCKING ANTAGONISTS even want to accomplish.

The last 11 years of that LITERALLY NOTHING OF CONSEQUENCE HAS HAPPENED, save for the World Transformation, which could've happened at literally any point between chapter 177 and 307, but the writer decided to go through years of filler for no reason.

Is he retarded? Does he have brain damage? How hard could it possibly be to draw? Half the pages are just Guts' angry face- it's not like he doesn't know how to draw it by this point.
>>
>>155696805
drawing vocaroos takes a lot out of you i guess
>>
Evil for the sake of evil. Like everything else in this trash.
>>
File: 183110460420554467811432941788.jpg (314KB, 721x1100px) Image search: [Google]
183110460420554467811432941788.jpg
314KB, 721x1100px
>>155696983
Also, why in fucks name in Chapter 65 does Griffith strain himself so hard he starts bleeding because Guts is in danger and he wants to help so badly? Where, only a few chapters prior, Griffith tried to choke him to death. And then, immediately following this, he brands and sacrifices the Hawks.

So, why in fucks name would he give a shit about Guts in between these two events?
>>
>>155697061
He has mixed feelings, and is basically a giant alexithymic pissbaby, and hasn't gone all in on the evil thing just yet. Duh?
>>
>>155697132
seems badly characterized. you don't murder every person close to you out of the fucking blue.
>>
>>155697183
It wasn't out of the blue but I guess that sounds better when you're making sweeping generalizations for a cheap point on the internet
>>
>>155697132
Girls like Beserk?
>>
>>155697291
>I want to save Guts!
>nvm everyone die lOL

in the span of like two chapters

Pottery
>>
>>155697381
remember that he could've killed both guts & casca at any point during the rape yet he didn't. it's entirely his fault that they're alive, and being a demigod he should've known that could happen. in fact there's even a panel after SK is carrying them out of the eclipse that suggests Femto could've tried harder at catching him but let him go.
>>
>>155697411
Then I guess I'm wrong

Still a retarded author who put in decades of filler

Shit could've been done in '99
>>
>>155697183
A lot of shit had happened to him by that point, and he was honestly sort of fucked up to begin with. Also, the writer being a hardcore pessimist/sort of misanthropic helps.

>>155697296
Wait, how do you know my gender? The fuck?
>>
>>155697549
No guy uses the word, "pissbaby."
>>
>>155697703
Following up with this anon, they also don't end their posts with "Duh?"
>>
>>155697774
An additional follow up, tits or gtfo.
>>
>>155697549
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>155697534
what's the filler? every arc has a purpose, even if some are better than others.
>>
>>155697832
Yeah, you know the rules!
>>
>>155697855
List all the actually, totally vital to the story, important events post-"Griffith" coming back, and prior to the World Transformation.
>>
>>155697900
>Creation of the Neo Band Of the Hawk.
>Guts getting Berserker Armor
Completely unnecessary and without consequences.
>>
>>155697900
the introduction of magic that gives berserk a concrete framework on which to base the supernatural stuff, guts letting go of his black swordsman persona and slowly getting his human side back (also gaining followers and people who take note of him and his qualities, mirroring griffith's ascent when he was human), griffith getting back to kingdom mode, more parallels with skull knight and whatever happened in the past with the armor and the ominous comments, the moonchild

there's also farnese backstory and development, but i guess that's what you and most people call filler since they never gave a shit. i thought it was okay but i can accept it was slow paced.
>>
>>155697381
Then you don't understand why Griffith sacrificed the hawks. Saving Guts would make Griffith even more of a heroic leader. The eclipse happened when Griffith realised that the actual hero was Guts.
>>
>>155697061
Because it was Zodd all over again, but this time Griffith couldn't even try to fight back. If Guts died there all of them would.
>>
File: 1491570615348.png (125KB, 1255x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1491570615348.png
125KB, 1255x1004px
I understand your point OP but if you look at the detail that Miura puts into every page (save for the characters recently) then you'd see why it takes so long for him to fucking do anything. Between IDOLM@STER and autistically, meticulously crafting each page he sometimes forgets what the fuck hes even writing about and starts drawing more than writing.

I think the point where he fucked up storywise is focusing (so much) on trying to bring back Casca. He's taken, what, 150 chapters trying to bring the retarded slut back? If he could've just killed her off or something more simple then we could probably get to the main fucking point of the story which is Guts and Griffith bro-hugging it out while crying and listening to Modest Mouse, drinking Wine and torturing the Final Fantasy crew to death
>>
File: 1488444540476.png (253KB, 618x848px) Image search: [Google]
1488444540476.png
253KB, 618x848px
Can we stop pretending this guy did something wrong, and finally acknowledge he's actually a victim?

>strong, reliable soldier
>wants some fun with the runt of the band
>legally makes a deal with Gut's father
>claims his rights
>murdered in cold blood by the cursed little shit
>the same kid who later killed his own father

And no, I'm not memeing. Gambino is the only one at fault and that's debatable.
>>
Casca has remained retarded for this long specifically because I suspect her going untarded is going to have some kind of profound impact and be heading into the finale of Berserk.

That or he just got so fucking distracted by the Vatican and fighting the Muslim/Hindu armies lead by Ganesh or whatever and then a year on a NICE BOAT with a notsoquick drop by fucking Cthulhu Island and everything else that I sort of forgot happened but CLANG will remind me of, that he's never gotten around to Casca.
>>
>>155698775
>Ancaps read Berserk
>>
>>155698775
is this the next level of "griffith did nothing wrong"?
>>
>>155698029
Not him, but Berserker armor hasn't really done much of consequence so far beyond being a power-up. All the negative effects of it are presumably going somewhere if we ever get to that point without Miura dying, but up to now they haven't provided a lot of stimulation.

>>155697855
>what's the filler?
Troll cave. Sonia. A lot of Silat's stuff. Crocodiles-then-makara-then-tigers-then-more-makara-then-pterodactyls. Pirates. Sea God.
>>
>>155698775
Is that the gentleman who had sweet tender love to Guts?
>>
>>155698844
I still have some faith Miura will do berserker armor right, since he brings the issue up frequently. This "shorts my lifespan" trope is awful.
>>
I remember the theory the Berserker Armor was going to turn his body into another Skull Knight or otherwise make Guts into a demon on-par with Femto.

or just kill him if he's using it without proper Witch supervision.
>>
>>155698844
The Berserker armor forces Guts to keep fighting even if he's heavily damaged and Skull Knight had his cranium tied to his helmet. Eventually Miura will use the Berserker armor as a plot device to connect Guts with Skull Knight's story
>>
>>155698929
>on-par with Femto
I can't see how. If it comes to that, Zodd tier seems more reasonable.
>>
File: 1392927142964.jpg (142KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1392927142964.jpg
142KB, 373x373px
It really came to me when I tried to spoil somebody that just started reading and had reached the start of the Falcon Arc at the Slan troll guts scene. I can't fucking spoil anything because nothing of real gravity has happened since the end of the Conviction Arc, the only thing coming close is the merging of worlds but that is more of a set up for future plot than something meaningful to the story on it's own.

I wonder if I did a chapter by chapter analysis how much of the Falcon Arc onward is "filler" that doesn't move the plot forward or help the characters meaningfully grow and evolve.
>>
>>155698844
>Troll cave
you can call it bad, sure, but it contained things that are relevant

>Sonia
obviously gonna be an important character later on in the story

>Silat
like what? the stuff with Rickert? not filler

>Crocodiles-then-makara-then-tigers-then-more-makara-then-pterodactyls
it's an introduction to the upcoming arc about magic muslims, also shows that moonchild is serious shit

>sea god
it would've been way too jarring to do the whole world transformation stuff, make it seem like a big deal that unleashes hell on earth or whatever only to then go "welp. we're now at elf land, that was a nice trip". there was bound to be at least 1 adventure while on the journey, that was obvious from even before they got on the boat. again, call it bad, or slow paced, but i don't see the filler.

the closest thing to filler in the stuff you listed is the troll cave and much like the sea god it was just showing more of the fantasia side of berserk, not just with the trolls but also with how slan was able to manifest inside that weird magic realm
>>
I absolutely enjoyed the Persian Arc. You all have shit taste.
>>
Honestly, battles are the only filler in Berserk. They are simply too long. There's an entire volume dedicated to Guts cutting Sea god's tentacles.
Miura needs to stop with this bullshit if he wants to finish his manga.
>>
>>155699232
the problem is that the battles nowadays are boring. rosine was great all around and zodd v2 was cool too.
>>
>>155697381
>>155697183
Originally Griffith made the band of the hawk as a means to obtain power.
As the band of the hawk progressed however, he started growing attached to his comrades like it was his family, however, the demon overlord guys ended up reminding him what he originally set out to do, which was to use the band of the hawk as a stepping stone to get his castle.

Kinda like how Chocolate man from iron blooded orphans decided to kill his friends so that he could eventually get the super duper gundam and take over the world.
>>
>>155699180
>obviously gonna be an important character later on in the story
Until something shows up that justifies her gallivanting around with Schierke and bullshit-speech-giving, I'm going to consider those a waste of pages.
> like what? the stuff with Rickert?
No, the stuff with Rickert's the most relevant thing he's done. His stuff with Ganishka and Rakshas during the Falcon arc didn't add much of anything.

>it's an introduction to the upcoming arc about magic muslims, also shows that moonchild is serious shit
Doesn't really justify us sitting through Guts fighting like five different waves of enemies who have more or less nothing to do with him and just happened to attack where he was.

> it would've been way too jarring to do the whole world transformation stuff, make it seem like a big deal that unleashes hell on earth or whatever only to then go "welp. we're now at elf land, that was a nice trip"
I disagree, but even so, the proper response to a flaw in structure is not "add an unimportant enemy that doesn't connect to anything and have them fight it to use up time." In fact, that's almost the definition of filler.

> the closest thing to filler in the stuff you listed is the troll cave
You're ignoring pirates, I assume you admit that one?

>much like the sea god it was just showing more of the fantasia side of berserk, not just with the trolls but also with how slan was able to manifest inside that weird magic realm
That was before the world-merging even happened, and we already had witches and Kushan magicians and stuff, and yet again, even if true, I still wouldn't see that as a reason for a disconnected arc. There are many ways to integrate these things into actually relevant developments. You shouldn't need to put the plot on hold and invent side-quests just to do your worldbuilding.
>>
>>155699232
He has to display what the other characters are doing, so I guess it feels more dragged out now. Battles felt more alive without relying on witch and berserker armor, too.
>>
>>155696805
Being a Berserk fan is suffering.

But then I remember the nips who die of overwork and I understand.
>>
Griffith did nothing wrong and Casca enjoyed it
>>
>>155696805
>30 fucking years and we still don't know what the MAIN FUCKING ANTAGONISTS even want to accomplish.

They spelled it out a few chapters ago. Griffith wants to rule other planes of existence, ruling Falconia was just the first step.
>>
>>155699376
>You shouldn't need to put the plot on hold and invent side-quests just to do your worldbuilding.
you should

actually, it depends on the storyteller but you aren't stating some inherent rule of what's good and bad, only your preference. one of the main influences of berserk is guin saga after all.

>to use up time
not use up time, it was to show the practical real-world effects of the world merging. otherwise it would be completely devoid of meaning other than ganishka becoming a giant light thingy.
>>
Golden Age was the only good part of the manga, and the anime did a fantastic job with it

time to move on, the new cast is fucking terrible and there is no saving it
>>
>>155699704
>otherwise it would be completely devoid of meaning other than ganishka becoming a giant light thingy
If you have to create a separate arc to make it so that an event isn't devoid of meaning, then maybe that event doesn't need to happen.
>>
File: Griffith did nothing wrong.jpg (38KB, 680x379px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith did nothing wrong.jpg
38KB, 680x379px
>>155699453
>>
>>155699803
so i guess griffith being a god hand was a terrible direction for the story since miura needed to create a 10 volume long flashback arc to explain why guts would be angry at him in the first place
>>
After the Conviction arc I think Miura just stopped caring about payoff, all the shit that is happening is just set ups for some nebulous future payoff.

The berserk armor, SK and his sword, World merging/Falconia, moonboy, Rickert and his band of mudslimes, Farnese and learning magic and a ton of other shit I am forgetting. The last chapter made it look like things are going to get serious again and the plot will come into focus, I hope Miura doesn't fucking piss all that away with another Sea God arc.

>>155699704
>actually, it depends on the storyteller but you aren't stating some inherent rule of what's good and bad, only your preference. one of the main influences of berserk is guin saga after all.
But Miura has shown time and time again he knows how to do worldbuilding as part of the main plot so all these side stories are literally just that, filler side stories. Look at the Black Swordsman Arc, Golden Age and even the Conviction Arc. They show us without taking the focus away from the main party and the central plot all sorts of details about the world, from the religion of this universe, to the mythos of the apostles to the fucking geopolitical landscape of this world.

If you can hit 2 birds with one stone then yes it's bad if you choose not to. It's lazy writing.
>>
>>155699881
Using an arc to contextualize an event and using an arc to show the all-effecting results of an event are the same thing at all, nigger, are you pretending to be retarded? There's no point to including a supposedly world-changing cataclysm if it's not going to have any demonstrable effects unless you make a side-quest for that sole purpose (not that we know it won't have any more effects, but that assumption is the only thing "justifying" the Sea God).

Not that "it shows why Guts wants revenge" is the only thing that makes the events of Golden Age relevant, anyway, regardless of that being Miura's initial motivation for conceiving of it.
>>
>blonde
>masochist/sadist
>blood fetish
>religious fanatic
>doesn't mind bestiality
How can one girl be this perfect?
>>
>>155700509
Literally the worst character in the party
>>
>>155700509
>bestiality
I doubt demons are considered as animals.
>>
>>155700509
Three chapters later shes a wand swinging sailor moon princess who wants to save the world.
Where did it go all so wrong?
>>
>>155700880
http://i.imgur.com/zBmX5.png
>>
>>155699333
This, and he was also tricker by one of the gods... Berserk is a grey series, there's just not white or black
>>
>>155700967
tricked*
>>
File: 1487718004145.png (370KB, 847x744px) Image search: [Google]
1487718004145.png
370KB, 847x744px
>>155700967
>I was tricked into killing hundreds of friends

Griffith apologists are pathetic.
>>
>>155696805
I grow tired of this manga's shit many years ago and it was a great decision. I still defend the golden as one of the best stories i've ever read but i couldn't honestly care less about what's happening right now
>>
>>155697061
Griffith cared about the Guts, he even said he was the only person that made him forget his dream, only when he met the 4 Gods did he put it as his main priority again
>>
>>155698689
Your opinions are common as fuck and lack originality. Go back to /mu/.
>>
File: Ubik_disguise.png (248KB, 359x504px) Image search: [Google]
Ubik_disguise.png
248KB, 359x504px
>>155701027
You don't really remember this guy, do you?
And also you don't remember about him being tortured and mutilated during years when he had his dream just in front of him.
>>
>>155700931
Name of the dj?
>>
File: Donovan.jpg (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Donovan.jpg
9KB, 160x160px
>>155698775
People thought Donovan did anything wrong? Seriously?

>Cheerful
>Reliable
>Honest
>Actually pays his deals
>Strong
>Amazing in battle
>Knows that he wants
>Will complete his task no matter what
>Geniuly heartbroken by Guts treason
>>
>>155701561
you forgot he's gay rapist.
>>
>>155701460
That's a reason, not an excuse.
>>
>>155701561
Yeah, sounds about right
>>
>>155701670
Who's talking about excuses? I'm not a Griffith apologist, I just understand and remember, something that apparently you didn't.
>>
>>155701729
Whatever you say, Griffith apologist.
>>
>>155701729
>Who's talking about excuses
I am, it's exactly what I stated in the post you replied to. Or perhaps you have some other meaning for Griffith apologist?
>>
>>155701784
Aye, but I'm giving excuses for Griffith's behaviour, I was explaining it. If you want to disregard reason as "apologists" that's another story
>>
>>155702018
I'm not. Sorry, my phone
>>
>>155701699
I can't believe how often this is posted, are you guys all that excited by a big black man fucking a little boy?
>>
>>155696805
You chose to read it, so the only one to blame for this is yourself.
>>
>>155702099
It was a reply to the dude saying that Donovan was a good guy
>>
>>155702099
It reminds me of my youth.
>>
>>155701651
>>155701699
>>155702099

All this hate towards Donovan is irrational. First off, there's no proof he's gay, as Guts was very girly-looking at young age. Also, he was whored by his father so that would make Donovan a thief, not a rapist. It's also worth noting that Donovan paid for it, so he's also not a thief at all.
>>
>>155702152
You need to go back.
>>
>>155702152
>Guts was very girly-looking at young age
The he's gay pedophile
>not a rapist
Sex with no consent is rape.
>>
>>155702152
Anon... Please, you need to stop.
>>
>>155696805
He just stop caring years ago.

Accept the fact that it will never end and move on.
>>
>>155702152
Do you hate child Guts?
I hope adult Guts finds you in a dark alley
>>
File: 1489703079850.jpg (169KB, 445x578px) Image search: [Google]
1489703079850.jpg
169KB, 445x578px
>>155702301
>>Do you hate child Guts?
Hey child Guts is cute, I don't blame Donovan.
>>
>>155696805
I wonder how Berserk threads will be in 10 years.
>>
>>155702152
>girly-looking
>>
>>155696805
the author has always been running on autopilot be cause although he had no real desire to continue Berserk if he gets to draw for a living then why not
>>
>>155702203
He had consent from Gut's father, which he obviously assumed was responsible for Guts. What you're saying makes no sense at all, was he supposed to stop and reclaim his "rape money" back from Gambino? Should he have guessed that Guts was responsible for himself, when his father pointed otherwise?

I'm not saying that raping children is alright. The hate towards Donovan is clearly irrational, an obvious result from perceiving the events from Guts' point of view. Gambino took liberties that weren't his, Guts chose to blame Donovan instead, who became another victim. If he were responsible for what happened to Guts, then Gambino wouldn't have died in the first place.
>>
>>155702354
Boat bitching will be popular again because in 10 years it will be time for the return trip.
>>
>>155702371
>this is how bad the threads have gotten
>>
>>155702371
>He had consent from Gut's father
I'm not saying that raping children is alright
In other way, if a father agree that his 6 years old child engage in sexual intercourse with another person is OK?
Did your family whored you out?
>>
>>155702371
>I'm not saying that raping children is alright
why are you blaming a rape victim for killing his rapist?
>>
>>155702371
Why are you seriously discussing this? It just makes you look like you need to be sterilized.
>>
>>155702443
That's Gambino's fault, not Donovan's.

>>155702451
He mistakenly killed Donovan because he assumed he was lying about Gambino. Both Guts and Donovan are victims and aggressors, as they were both used by Gambino.
>>
The issue is that I actually like the filler. It's really cool at times, but if we don't hurry to the ending it's never gonna come.
>>
>>155702507
lets say Gambino came in and told Guts the truth immediately

you dont think Guts would hold any ill-will towards his rapist?
>>
>>155699698
>he thinks fagto is the main antag
>>
>>155702524
>The issue is that I actually like the filler
My issue with the filler is that it does nothing other than look cool, if it was used as a vehicle for the characters to change and grow and maybe turn a bit more fucked up (since this is the world of Berserk) I would have been trilled with it even if it didn't move the central plot (Guts vs Griffith, Casca getting cured etc) forward.

Also some context would be nice, it's hard to care about some fuck off village on a island and their god and ancient legends when there is little reason given to care. Even if you care for Isma as a character (which would be a miracle on it's own) she doesn't care what happens to the island itself.
>>
>>155702368
Why wouldn't the author be motivated to continue?
>>
>>155702507
While I see your point, Donovan is still a child rapist that deserves to die, just as Gambino.
And Guts did the right thing.
>>
>>155702624
It's been 30 years. He's obviously not that enthused otherwise he'd have finished by now. Nobody takes 30 fucking years for a single story, much less some manga, so don't talk to me about perfectos taking time. Shakespeare wrote basically every single popular piece we know him by in the span of 10 years.

The story of two guys hitting each other with swords should not take three times that.
>>
>>155702681
Not him but I think most of the blame lies with Gambino. I honestly believe that Donovan would not have touched Guts if Gambino didn't give the go ahead, it would mean that Gambino (the leader of the mercenary group) would be within his rights to kill him or at best exile him from the group.

>>155702624
Miura has time and time again said that Berserk is about how he felt during highschool and the following years and it is targeted towards those that felt and thought like he did then. Key word here being then, he has changed and that is reflected both in his will to continue and the manga itself.
>>
>be told baby will fuck you over in the future without fail
>do nothing about it

nice
>>
>>155703026
Uh?
>>
>>155699232
Am I seriously the only one who enjoyed the sea god's arc?
It was bretty gud desu famalam, also serves as a subtle powerup for Guts
>>
>>155702732

>Shakespeare wrote

Ha
>>
>>155701460
That's not trickery. It would be trickery if they appeared as the people who had died for him up to that point, begging him not to let their deaths go to waste. That's more a push to remind him why he did what he did
>>
>>155696805
>Is he retarded? Does he have brain damage?
Yes.
>>
>>155702099
Are you not? I mean c,mon, it's the current year and all.
>>
>>155696805
> Let singular villain goals meme
What are you, 12? The story is obviously a drama between Griffith and his unrequited bestial love for his dog.
>>
>>155696805
>the MAIN FUCKING ANTAGONISTS even want to accomplish.
Generic "Rule the world(s)" villain. Do anyone seriously expect any other thing?
>>
File: tumblr_oke70iP5MF1tascp1o1_500.jpg (51KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oke70iP5MF1tascp1o1_500.jpg
51KB, 500x252px
>>155696805
Do you not having any reading comprehension? Griffith told you wtf he wants from the start. He wants to create a fucking world in his mental image.

Guts disagrees with him because he thinks Griffith is a tyrant and exploits other people sending them to die for his own desires.

In recent chapter, Griffith (with the power of the Warp - lulz) literally pulled out a capital city of his own imagination from the immaterium. Fufilling the first step of world conquest.

The chapter also shows under the sparkling exterior. There are deep dark secrets and torment. Just like Guts predicted when they first met.

Are you fucking dumb? Do fucking schools not teach people how to interpret shits?
>>
>>155705562
>In recent chapter, Griffith (with the power of the Warp - lulz) literally pulled out a capital city of his own imagination from the immaterium. Fufilling the first step of world conquest.
Falconia was the ancient city we saw parts of under the tower of rebirth. It just wasn't named Falconia. Probably Mr. Bones' Wild Ride
>>
>>155704829
uh what
>>
Where can I read it online w/o it 404'ing on me? Also MangaFox has the shityy type don't use it.
>>
>>155698775

>Be first dindu in the entire series
>Tries to rape the main character
>>
>>155705736
>Falconia is Griffith's city, and capital of his new empire, born out of Emperor Ganishka's Apostle body of shiva when he was killed by Femto and cut with Skull Knight's Sword Of Actuation. It is located where Windham used to stand. While looking at it for the first time, Foss hinted that Falconia may be the "resurrection" of the ancient Windham, Emperor Gaiseric's ancient capital and motherland of all nations, now suited to Griffith's wish of becoming king. All that we can tell thus far is that it is reminiscent of Greek and Roman architecture with some hoplite and gryphon-like statues at the main gate. The Pope described it as "the capital of the new world" and the beginning of Griffith's rule.

No Griffith literally pulled it out of the warp. The city just happens to be there because of that fight.
>>
Berserk went to shit when Miura decided it was a good idea to give Guts a party of followers again.

Berserk was always supposed to be about a single man crossing a landscape filled with demons and monsters in a quest for revenge, giving him another group to travel with akin to the Band of the Hawk completely shatters the overall tone of the series.
>>
>>155696805
It's still pretty amazing to me how many manga will easily go on for 10+ years even though nothing really happens

If I took someone who knew nothing about Berserk and had them read every volume over the course of a week I'm positive they wouldn't be able to guess that it has been publishing since like 1991. There just isn't enough that actually happens.
>>
>>155697411
Stop bullshitting. You don't need to hatefuck and rape one of your comrades while the man who loves her is forced to watch. That was entirely gratuitous and Griffith could have at least put them out of their misery. Leaving them alive is so he can continue being cruel to them, nothing more. It's shitty writing to make him seem like he really wants to help them and then whoops gotta rape the shit outta you 2 chapters later.

Pottery
>>
>>155706633
I disagree. The series is full of killing, death, action, and shit. What we don't see is interaction between Griffith/Femto and Guts + Casca, which makes many people believe that nothing happens.
>>
>>155706072
>Tries

Tis unfortunate what happened to Guts, but rest assured, an attempt is not all that occured
>>
>>155707085
>What we don't see is interaction between Griffith/Femto and Guts + Casca
IE nothing happens. Don't get me wrong, I like Berserk and I'm glad there's so much of it, but the last time the series had actual solid progression and story was in the fucking mid-90s. It's only going to lead to disappointment when the ending finally comes.
>>
>>155696805
>are they still in casca mind?
>>
>>155698785
>A year on le boat

It was 7 fucking years. 7 filler years with random Griffith moments thrown in. Guts has been doing nothing by comparison. Boat trip should have been edited out so Griffith happens faster and then they pop up all time-skip like and Puck, Schierke(who is admittedly the most likeable/least unlikable of the group), monkey boy and everyone else in the group should die and we return to things that matter: Guts fucking up Griffith's world.
>>
>>155707270
Maybe someone else should take the lead in the plot so Miura can just stick to the art and we would see more progression
>>
>>155707075
I always thought Griffith raping her in front of him was retribution for Guts and Caska showing affections for eachother in front of him, his mind was so fucked up from the torture that he thought Guts was stealing Caska and the Hawks from him

not that it justifies him, just that he wasn't in an healthy state of mind
>>
>>155698775
>>155701561
>>155702152
>>155702371
>>155702507
>>155702782

>This actually happened

I miss hawk.
>>
>>155699225
Same.
Do you think Midgard, if hypothetically not weakened by the onslaught of demons and the long war with Tudor, would have been able to defeat or atleast hold its ground against the Kushans?
>>
>>155707478
The list of possible motivations and references to previous events/images goes on and on m8
>>
>>155696805
Why does Berserk get shafted so much? Why can't it get a proper anime adaptation after the '97 anime? Why can't they make another game like the Dreamcast/PS2 games? Why do we get generic Musou trash?

Why can't they just make something GOOD with Berserk?
>>
>>155707834
Immersion. Suffer with Guts and the rest of us ;_;
>>
What's Schierke gonna find inside Casca's mind?
>>
>>155707929
At this point that actually seems like the intended reason.
There's no way that whoever is in charge of these things could so ridiculously out of touch with the fanbase.
>>
>>155707948
[spoiler[The loss of astral virginity[/spoiler]
>>
>>155707948
A symbolic representation of the Eclipse.
>>
>>155706580
This to be honest
It also really undercuts the severity of the situation when nobodies and literal children can cut down dozens of demons too

The introduction of spellcasters with Shreike was also a mistake. Like, magic is fine in a fantasy setting, but having dedicated on-the-fly spellslingers is basically just a machine for generating ass-pulls. Surrounded by monsters? Nevermind the girl casts 'anti monster field'. Trying to track someone? Nevermind, the girl casts 'astral track'.

'High magic' is so nebulous in what users can do, it basically makes encounters pointless
>>
>>155708581
Guts needed a powerup. One guy with a sword can't defeat five demigods who can control spacetime. Guts can't even kill Zodd.
>>
>>155706580
>Berserk was always supposed to be about a single man crossing a landscape filled with demons and monsters in a quest for revenge
Says who? The first chapter showed Guts wasnt fit for that life
>>
>>155696805
Look, Miura just doesn't give a fuck about Berserk anymore. He was just out of his teens when he started it, all hopped up on metal and angst. He's a grown man now, his interests have changed.
>>
>>155701345
>you have to be different to be correct
No.
>>
>>155708744
then why didn't he just cut to the chase and end it?
>>
>>155708939
>why didnt the artist stop drawing and earning easy money?
wat
>>
>>155708939
>killing your only cash cow
>>
>>155708984
>>155709037
if the ending was good he would be more than famous enough to create new that sell good
>>
>>155708939
Money, and how would one go about wrapping Berserk up quickly anyway? And who'd be better off? Certainly not the readers. A shit forced ending would've been just as bad as what we have now, if not worse, as it'd shit on what came before as well.
>>
>>155709089
*new series
>>
>>155709089
You don't sell manga on your name, this isn't like in movies where the right name can make you bet two hours and the ticket cost, you need to hold people's interest volume after volume.
>>
I just want it to end
>>
>>155709089
if his goal is to live comfortably I dont think risking a new series flopping is a good idea
>>
he will die of a heart attack induced by masturbating to im@s porn before he finishes the story
>>
>>155709312
Stunning and original.
>>
>>155698841
>is this the next level of "griffith did nothing wrong"?
tell me more
>>
>>155698841
What if I think Donovan did nothing wrong but Griffith did everything wrong
>>
File: 979829873779289750.jpg (713KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
979829873779289750.jpg
713KB, 1920x1080px
What will Guts do after he fixes Casca's mind?
>>
>>155709876
We know its you Miura, stop shitposting and finish the series before 2040 please, not everyone will get to live that long.
>>
>>155711784
Makeup sex.
>>
>>155711813
Casca best girl, she will become an idol and defeat the God Hand with the magic of music. She has to sign a contract forbidding her from having boyfriends, though.

captcha: hamsters
>>
>>155696805

This is why I don't read ongoing series. No boat for me.
>>
>>155711784
Sex please, sex.
Casca and Guts fighting together. I wish.

None of that is ever gonna happen.

Casca will be overwhelmed and will go full "PTSD if you touch me mode"
>>
File: 979839286957097788.jpg (5KB, 188x207px) Image search: [Google]
979839286957097788.jpg
5KB, 188x207px
>>155712966
>Casca will be overwhelmed and will go full "PTSD if you touch me mode"
>mfw Casca will become a feminist
>>
>>155705562
OP is talking about the godhand, you dumbfuck
>>
>>155699376
>everything that happens inside a story must relate somehow to the main story being told
No.
And Silat skulking around during the war did serve a purpose, it weakened his resolve to serve Ganishka, and apostles in general, and eventually lead to him taking Rickert and co to his village.
tl:dr you're an idiot.
>>
>>155706580
Nothing wrong with giving party members to Guts. Everything wrong with the party members themselves.
>>
File: 1465185795740.png (555KB, 574x507px) Image search: [Google]
1465185795740.png
555KB, 574x507px
>>155713100
Well, is not like Guts is the macho man he used to be anyways.
He could as well be a feminist himself.
>>
File: 979838872836890555.png (531KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
979838872836890555.png
531KB, 600x640px
>>155713290
What the fuck, I hate Guts now!
>>
File: Mermaid YAHAY.png (6KB, 128x87px) Image search: [Google]
Mermaid YAHAY.png
6KB, 128x87px
>>155713289
Ah, wisdom in a post.
>>
>>155712966
So she will be Guts 2.0
>>
File: buttpirates.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
buttpirates.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
The pirates were literally the worst and Miura is an evil cunt for making his readers suffer through that shit.
>>
I'll never understand either Miura or Togashi, if you know your going to hit hiatus frequently why don't you give someone the script of the series that I know they both have finished at this point, and let another artist work on the fucking art? Not only will the story effectively continue, but you have less work and your still getting paid.
>>
>>155714155
There's a reason auteurs and autists have the same root word.
>>
File: 979858771779171073.jpg (2MB, 2933x2086px) Image search: [Google]
979858771779171073.jpg
2MB, 2933x2086px
>>155714088
By far the worst arc in the series.
Thank god this mermaid saved the day :3
>>
>>155714388
I legitimately think Isidro is Gambino's kid with some random prostitute.
>>
>>155714088
The pirate captain was a good one-off joke/character.... that got repeated 5 more times.
>>
>>155714155
I keep having this thought way too often
>>
>>155715127
Fun fact: Fujoshits prefer to see Guts getting raped at the Eclipse instead.
>>
>tfw I found Golden Age kinda boring
>tfw actually enjoy the later stuff.
The boat was still shit even if I like Isma, and I wish Miura paces this a bit faster since i fear this casca mind exploring is gonna last the rest of the year, but I don't see why so many people are so negative.
>>
>>155715249
I would like to see how Casca is taking care of potato Guts
>>
>>155715249
My lord, I must confess that I've enjoyed the perks of gay porn and yaoi for over 10 years now.

There ain't funfacts about it that I do not know. Just kidding, I'm not fapping 24/7 there's plenty of yaoi out there that I'm not aware exists
>>
Are there H-doujins of the elf queen yet
>>
>>155715491
>Casca gets better
>becomes the tank of the group, fighting with sword and shield
>>
So is Griffiths end goal just power?

Since I guess getting his own country was just a stepping stone to something else according to Guts
>>
>>155701699
This was the stupidest and most unnecessary thing in berserk, this literally felt like edge for the sake of edge.
>>
File: Donovan did nothing wrong.jpg (1MB, 1130x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Donovan did nothing wrong.jpg
1MB, 1130x1169px
>>155698775
>>155701561
>>155701699
>>155702152
>>155702371
>>155702782
>>
>>155707075
but that's the whole point dude, he cared too much so he went on the whole rape tirade to feel "in power" over them.

if he really didn't give a shit anymore he would just let the apostles dismember them like they did with the rest of the band.
>>
>>155716010
The entire manga is edge for the sake of edge. If Miura-sensei wasn't trying to be edgy, he would have written a story about muh nakama from the beginning.
>>
File: Too Big.jpg (95KB, 680x989px) Image search: [Google]
Too Big.jpg
95KB, 680x989px
>>155716010
This b8 is so weak it offends me
>>
File: 1489241812974.jpg (21KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1489241812974.jpg
21KB, 160x160px
>>155716154
Das right white boi
>>
>>155714458
Well he is around 12-15
Guts was 7 or so when i killed Gambino right?
Guts is now 23 or 24?
Holy shit.
>>
>>155716447
Explains his lecherous behavior around girls, plus he wouldn't have run off from home if he did have a father to look up to. Him fucking the mermaid would make his dad proud.
>>
>>155716447
Guts is 24, Isidro is 14.
If Guts killed Gambino when he was 7, 17 years have passed since then.
Unless Isidro's mother is some sort of prolonged baby incubator apostle, it's not possible.
That's if Guts was 7 when he killed Gambino.
>>
>>155713234
>>everything that happens inside a story must relate somehow to the main story being told
If stuff that doesn't tie into the main story or the characters' development isn't filler, then what is?
>>
>>155716919
I wasn't saying they weren't filler.
I was saying there's nothing inherently bad about filler.
>>
>>155716862
Guts was eleven when he killed Gambino, and nine when he was sold off to WMN. When the personal trainer approaches Gambino about Guts, you can see him walking off with some random whore.

Causality wills it.
>>
>>155716976
>I wasn't saying they weren't filler.
That's what the whole argument was about, though.
>>
>>155716976
If you care about the main story.
If you care about the characters and how they grow over key events.
If you get 4 chapters a year.

...Then yes, fillers are bad. Beyond bad really, they are lazy.
>>
>>155717095
>character development can't happen in filler
filler =/= non-canon
>>
>>155717144
Nigga if the character fucking grow and change permanently in a story then by definition that isn't freaking filler. It may be unrelated or tangentially related to the main plot but it's not filler.

Did you start consuming media a month ago or what?
>>
>>155717222
Then by definition none of the examples anon bitched about initially are filler, because they all had character development for at least one character.
Anon BTFO for good.
>>
>>155717319
What the fuck are you talking about? How did the fucking Sea God Arc provide meaningful and permanent growth and change to anyone in the party, let alone the protagonists (Guts/Casca)? It happened and will never be referenced again nor was it a catalyst for any character shifts, like the Eclipse or getting the Berserk armor/the old witch dying or the encounter at the hill of swords or Rickert meeting Griffith in Falconia. Will Guts have tentacle rape PTSD every time he eats squid now instead of BBC flashbacks when he is touched?

Are you a legit retard or just pretending?
>>
>>155717477
We got a cute mermaid out of it. That's all that matters and you shouldn't think too deeply into it.
>>
>>155717477
I bet you thought Silat's reconnaissance during the war between the Kushan and Band of the Hawk served no purpose either.
And the Sea God introduced a new character to the party and gave her character development.
Not everything in the series has to relate to the Holy Trinity of Guts Casca and Griffith, you fucking mouthbreather.
>>
File: 1422592890379.png (155KB, 462x339px) Image search: [Google]
1422592890379.png
155KB, 462x339px
>>155717613
>>I bet you thought Silat's reconnaissance during the war between the Kushan and Band of the Hawk served no purpose either.
It's a set up that has yet to pay off, like 90% of what Miura writes now to fill the pages. I like Silat and his burly pajeets, I hope he develops more but to claim that much of his page time isn't wasted is straight up a lie.
>And the Sea God introduced a new character to the party and gave her character development.
When was the last time Puck got any development as a character (Lost Children)? How about Isidro and Schierke (Enoch Village)? Ivalera (never)? Azan (end of Conviction arc)? Seprico (start of the Falcon arc at best)?

Having a harem of stock, unchanging and stagnant characters is not a fucking feat and neither is introducing new stereotypical characters and giving them 5 chapters worth of characterization and growth in the sidelines of the plot of the arc. As it stands right now Isma is literally nothing, less than a character and even less so after choosing to stay with the party and not go with her mother which was literally more than half her motivation/goal in the Sea God arc.

The best thing the Sea God arc did was show Farnese cast a big spell on her own, that was a good moment that shows growth but it's also something that could have been done in literally any battle and be over with in a single chapter.
>>
>>155718175
>yet to pay off
It did have a pay off already.
Shows how much you understand about storytelling.
>>
>>155718260
ok
>>
I remember the beast of darkness telling Guts that his new party will get fucked too. Will it happen?
>>
File: 1489703079852.jpg (267KB, 869x682px) Image search: [Google]
1489703079852.jpg
267KB, 869x682px
>>155718314
One can only hope.
>>
>>155718314
Since his crew mostly consists of autists and children with barely any skill, yes. It's not like Guts can run around blasting through shit with the Berserker's armor for days on end to save them if they get fucked either.

>>155715127
I figure their either too prideful to hand of their work to someone else, or they figure some day they'll finish it. At this rate I wouldn't even mind if they dropped the rest of the story into a LN and called it a day sometimes.
>>
why is he doing this?
>>
I just wait for the moment when Griffith will fuck up everything and destroy his own kingdom .
>>
>>155718314
Of course not, Miura mellowed the fuck out. He doesn't have the edge in him anymore.
>>
>>155718822
IM@S was probably good for him, it allowed him to heal and be happy.
>>
>>155698775
>And no, I'm not memeing

have another >>155698775
>>
File: Guts.jpg (195KB, 762x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Guts.jpg
195KB, 762x1100px
>>155716862
>Guts is 24
This is the face of a 24 y-o
>>
>>155696805

What part of KING OF LONGING don't you understand?
Griffith wants more. Thats all it is. He will never be satisfied and will constantly chase greater heights. Even now that hes essentially a god who runs the world, hes not satisfied. His goal is likely to ascend even higher somehow, to rise above the Godhand and maybe even the idea of evil. At great cost to whats left of the world.
>>
>>155722081
Guts should be 35~40 years old IMO. I can't see a 24 year old being a wise swordsman.
>>
File: 1489703079853.jpg (167KB, 695x529px) Image search: [Google]
1489703079853.jpg
167KB, 695x529px
>>155722219
>Gattsu
>Wise
>>
Why did his hair turn white?
>>
>>155698827
Is buttsex violating the NAP?
>>
>>155722423

Read the manga, retard.
>>
>>155697061
do you even fucking understand why the sacrifice was a thing?
it wouldn't have been a fucking thing if he didn't care for the hawks, fucker
>>
>>155722518
wow rude
>>
Everyone knows niggers are rapists.
>>
File: 1491726589711.png (157KB, 249x275px) Image search: [Google]
1491726589711.png
157KB, 249x275px
>>155702152
>>
>>155722219
>Guts should be 35~40 years old IMO.
This is what I think.
wtf, with all the shit he has gone through you have no other option than to think that the motherfucker is just not a 24.

He would be younger than me.
>>
>>155722423
Is the suffering of being a Berserk fan, he just lives it man.
>>
>>155723181
haha are you fucking kidding me
yes, he's 24ish
he seems a lot older because he's been through a lot, not that he's been through a lot because he's older

you're a fucking moron haha
>>
>>155723258
The moment you realize how badly you read what I wrote you're going to be a very ashamed anon.
>>
>>155718416
>I'M ANIMATED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ
>>
>>155707834
Maybe because of the myriad of disturbing themes? Very rarely do you see tv anime adaptations with as much dark shit as in Berserk, not only is anime more popular when aimed towards kids/teenagers, but the subject matter of Berserk is darker than most seinen anime even. Bigger companies don't want to take such a big risk when they know it probably won't pay off, so the only companies that want to tackle it are small ones that plan on making it off of the manga's popularity itself.
Just try lowering your expectations and standards, I can enjoy the new anime because I already know it's shitty so I just try to have fun with it rather than analyzing its multitude of flaws and getting angry over nothing.
>>
>>155718416
>in 2017 guts saying faggot is the most edgy thing about berserk
>>
Why do the most popular manga always have shitty animation adaptions
>>
>>155725004
I still find it funny that they got rid of the fag jokes for the Golden Age films.
>>
File: 7b1.png (300KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
7b1.png
300KB, 600x568px
Sassy you fuck
>>
>>155723181
>Just not a 24
Are we ranking berserk characters now?
>>
>>155696805
>he doesn't enjoy the tale of Guts life as a story on its own as he goes through different arcs and struggles
fuck your >muh plot
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 500x374px
So now that the dust has settled, did he actually do anything wrong?
>>
File: feels bed.jpg (94KB, 291x273px) Image search: [Google]
feels bed.jpg
94KB, 291x273px
>>155696805
I started reading this shit back in college.

i'm now 34 years old
18 fucking years
18 FUCKING YEARS
and its still not ending
hell he hasn't even killed one of the 5
one of my biggest fear is dying without seeing the ending of Berserk
and each day grows closer to that fear

;_;
>>
File: slap.png (769KB, 1675x1198px) Image search: [Google]
slap.png
769KB, 1675x1198px
>>155728668
>tfw you realize that Rickert has done more to Griffith in one chapter than Guts has the whole series
>>
>>155714458
>>155716447
>>155716983

Man imagine Guts' reaction to that if it ever came up.
>>
File: justagirl.png (3MB, 988x721px) Image search: [Google]
justagirl.png
3MB, 988x721px
>>155728516
if i put myself in his shoes during the eclipse i would've done the same thing
>>
>>155728516
>the dust has settled
You'll have to wait another 30 years for it to get even close
>>
>>155728516
He had that crimson egg, if it was fated to happen how could it have been wrong? Guts is also an instrument of fate.
>>
>>155728668
I honestly say that it'll be done in 10-15 years. There is just no fucking way Miura isn't going to take another hiatus once the anime finishes airing. I say we get 3 more chapters to complete another volume then we'll have to wait another half year for the monthly bullshit of 18 pages all over again.
Keep in mind that we still need to resolve Casca's situation and then they need to leave Elfhelm somehow which will probably take 3 more years of publication.
>>
>>155731707
Guts is the actual silver hawk who will save the world
>>
>>155707834
-many other manga/anime/LN/VN franchises are much more popular, it's all about the $$$
-limited demographic, the magazine is literally a softcore porn magazine. Who wants to spend time, energy, and money to make a good adaptation of something that might not even fare well with nips? Most people want to watch some entertaining/happy cute genki shit, not depressing stuff (see the best-sellers like Kemono Friends, Yuri on Ice, Love Live)
-even though Berserk is popular internationally, nips care much more about how their anime does in Japan
I'm pretty sure the entire reason why we got the game and the TV anime is to coincide with the return of the manga after that hiatus. They were both cheaply done because the production committee probably spent most of their budget on the trilogy movies anyway. I was actually surprised that they greenlit a second TV anime cour.
>>
>>155716010
Donovan isn't Black, neither is Casca or Pippin
>>
>>155733033
Casca is Iberian.
>>
>>155724285
Wow, I kinda understand where all this /pol/ autism comes from now.
>>
>>155732595
Black or Silver neither chose, yet both always were.
>>
5 and miura dies before finishing berserk
>>
>>155734868
5 and you're a faggot
>>
>>155735016
7 and miura is a faggot
>>
>>155734868
Miura dying is the only way Berserk has a shot at ending.
>>
>>155697132
>alexithymic
Fuck you for making me look that up.
>>
>>155702732
This is true. Plain and simple. He just doesn't care. Obviously this series will
NEVER be finished.
>>
>>155697381
What part of his 10 "I would do everything to achieve my dream" speeches did you not get?
>>
>>155707075
Fate retroactively justified that. Without Caska's demon baby thing fusing with that eggman Griffith couldn't have returned to the real world. As well Gutts living was also justified by his role as the Black Hawk.
>>
File: file.png (59KB, 206x177px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
59KB, 206x177px
>>155737694
>Black Hawk
>>
>>155737806
Whatever antichrist thing the not pope called him.
>>
>>155702150
Guts stop shitposting and fucking continue the plot
>>
The series went to shit when best boy corkus died
>>
>>155739008
>best boy
>Cockus "Ballsonmychin" Meriwether
Not
>Gaston "Looking Well" Fraunchmagne

SHIT TASTE DESU
>>
File: dasitmane hanks.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dasitmane hanks.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>155698775
Well meme'ed
>>
>>155722081
>Guts is 24
11 years of diference is not much
>>
Berserk is the story of an ugly and moody weirdo blossoming into a hot and loving guy who sometime slash up monsters.
>>
>>155732522
>10-15 years

You're retarded.

Miura said he's 60-70% done back when chapter 330 was published.

Let's peg him at 70% finished, at the high end, that means there's 142 chapters left.

If we say he publishes 4 chapters a year (again, pegging it on the high end) it will take him 34 years to finish.
>>
>>155737831
>Hawk
>>
>>155739356
>tfw turning 24 this year

Is Guts's body achievable natty?
>>
>>155696805
Griffith wants his own kingdom. Pretty sure that was established a long time ago.
>>
>>155739959
Only if you trained with a gigant sword since 4yo
>>
Puck is going to kill Griffith
>>
>>155740152
I think he means the god hand but I don't even think they're the main villains not Griffith I think it's something else like the one who even made the first God hand
>>
>>155740262
I trained with giant weights since I was 22. Would getting BLACKED help me with gains more?
>>
>>155696805

>30 fucking years and we still don't know what the MAIN FUCKING ANTAGONISTS even want to accomplish.

They just wanted to complete their band. They'd be a pretty silly god HAND if they were missing a digit.
>>
does anyone else feel that casca is go back to normal taking into account what skeleton knight said
>>
>>155740714
*not
>>
>>155740327
That's a important part of it
>>
>>155713100
>gets raped by her crush right in front of her lover after just watching all her friends get butchered like animals
I think she deserves the right to feel how she wants to feel
>>
>>155722219
Hes gone through tons of shit that would age anyone beyond their years and he wears magic armor that is slowly making him weaker the longer he uses it. Besides, he doesn't really look that much older than 24.
>>
>>155696805
Because he didn't plan it out and has been writing it since he was 16. The passion died years ago.
>>
>>155725222
Because it sells on name alone and if the anime is shit it won't hurt the reputation of the series as much since it's already so big and well established. I feel bad for Berserkfags though, the majority of adaptations and shit you guys get is fucking awful and you deserve better.
>>
>>155715249
> Casca looks after potato guts
> Can't use Dragonslayer but retard guts rarely whips it out when near death

I'd read it
>>
File: 1488764031931.jpg (470KB, 924x889px) Image search: [Google]
1488764031931.jpg
470KB, 924x889px
>>155696805

>How hard could it possibly be to draw?

Oh my sweet summer child you have no idea.
>>
What is this boat arc everybody talks about. Is it the namek/dressrosa of berserk?
>>
>>155733619
Casca is half-Kushan
>>
>>155742921
I wonder how she'd interact with the rest of the jRPG party in that position. She's more sociable than Guts even as a potato, at least.

>>155743221
We don't know shit about Casca's heritage outside of her coming from a border village that was constantly raided.
>>
>>155696805
>we still don't know what the MAIN FUCKING ANTAGONISTS even want to accomplish
Nothing. They are already the most accomplished persons in their world.
>>
>>155696805
but the main antagonist is obviously THE HEART

no seriously that fucking giant heart turn Griffith into bigger dick
>>
Hirasawa was born for Berserk.
>On a 1994 trip to Phuket, Hirasawa went through a "Thai shock", amazed by the country’s culture, namely its transsexual cabaret performers, some of whom he would invite to be singers on his albums and guest performers in his concerts throughout his career. After many trips back to the country Hirasawa grew to be increasingly identified with the transsexual population, incorporating their problems and experiences in society into his work.
>>
>>155743238
>>155743221
Rape baby
>>
>>155701651
wow homophobe
>>
>>155743574
Her father was dark-skinned in the anime as well.
>>
>>155716010
it sets the mature tone.
>>
>>155743816
the dead child in the first chapter set the tone
>>
File: 3Dberserk.jpg (139KB, 750x796px) Image search: [Google]
3Dberserk.jpg
139KB, 750x796px
>>155722219
>>155723181
Isn't it appropriate to the time period though? I mean I'm pretty sure people in medieval times didn't age as well as people do today and they certainly didn't live as long. Even if Guts had a relatively easy life, he'd still probably look a lot older than your average 24 year old in current year.
>>
>>155743168
No it's a joke cause the manga went on a hiatus for seven years after the gang got on a boat
>>
>>155744519
The manga didn't go on hiatus for seven years, we had numerous hiatuses over the course of nine/ten years before Guts and pals arrived at Elfhell.
>>
>>155744603
I thought he boat was the biggest one. I just caught up with it and all I heard from friends was about the fucking boat
>>
>>155744636
The largest one in recent memory was fourteen months, between Rickert seeing Falconia and actually entering it.
>>
>>155744759
Then why did everyone bitch about the boat?
>>
>>155743816
shutup you thot
>>
>>155744777
The time period had people bitching about the boat, the hiatuses had people bitching about Berserk in general. I just want to see Casca happy.
>>
>>155711784
Recreation of Casca under the mine waterfall scene but its successful
>>
>>155744472
>Even if Guts had a relatively easy life
Nigga what? He fights hell itself every day of his life and prior of that he was a soldier always in the frontlines.

>>155743089
B O X E S
>>
>>155743574
Rape baby had a rape baby
>>
Miura is already dead. The change in tone and quality should indicate you someone else overtook long ago.
>>
So it's pretty obvious that Casca is going to get unfucked and she's going to hate Guts

What the fuck is her justification going to be? That Guts couldn't save her or anyone else during the eclipse? That's going to be flimsy as fuck considering Guts chopped his fucking arm off trying to stop Griffith from dicking her

So what else is there? Guts was a little mean to her while she was a drooling retard?

I mean come the fuck on, it's so obvious that there's going to be drama and tension between Guts and Casca but how is it going to be justified?
>>
>>155749036
Literally nothing indicates she's going to hate Guts.
>>
>>155749036
She thinks that there is still a part of Griffith that exists but Guts don't. I dunno really, but that's the best justification as of now really.

I'm mostly waiting for MangaFox to stop 404'ing to keep on reading it. Shit's more broken than the FotNS one.
>>
>>155749036
>So it's pretty obvious that Casca is going to get unfucked and she's going to hate Guts
It is?
>>
Is it really that old ?
>>
>>155698775
This only makes sense in AnCapistan
>>
>>155696805
Miura has said what they want. "The key word is Void"
>>
>>155699376
You may as well say that most of The Black Swordsman arc and The Lost Children arc are filler since nothing happens other than Guts killing some meaningless apostles.
>>
>>155751429
yes, some of us here have been reading for a long time.
>>
>>155752056
only thing that happens there is world building
>>
>>155700738
when they are inside a horse they are
>>
>>155749036
Perhaps she just doesn't want to restart her relationship with Guts
>>
>>155752290
most likely this
>>
>>155749036
Maybe not hate, but the story is definitely set up that Casca won't be all too happy once she's back.

I think the first reaction from her will be disgust over being forced to remember what had happened to her and the Band. There's a reason that she was traumatized in the first place.

But the lingering problem between the two will be the fact that Casca still loves Griffith.
>>
>>155752374
lets not forget that this incarnation of griffith is technically their son
>>
>>155752056
>Black Swordsman
I don't think that's a valid example, since it's literally the beginning and introduces the world and Guts. That said, it's not very interesting.

>Lost Children
I suppose you could argue that it's filler in the context of the larger story, but it functions well internally / as a standalone, to an extent that I don't think those others do. It feels like what happens there carries weight, regardless of impact on the main plot, which I can't say for stuff like the sea god.
>>
>>155752995
The reason that Lost Children carries "weight" is because its a good story, both are just as important to the plot. The problem isn't filler, its just that the sea god arc was kinda shit.
>>
>>155744472
This is a myth. It just happens that people, specially children, used to die a lot (and not only in middle ages, in ancient times too). You would see 60+ yo people who managed to survive.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.