[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was better than Fate/stay night. No. Not Deen/Stay Night.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Fatezero_cover.jpg (31KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Fatezero_cover.jpg
31KB, 250x350px
This was better than Fate/stay night. No. Not Deen/Stay Night. Not either UBW adaptation. The VN.
>>
>comparing a light novel to a visual novel

They were both good.
>>
F/Z was better than Deen and UBW utofable.
>>
I never understood why the VN was held with such high regard. It bored me to tears.
F/Z was definitely better.
>>
Not hard to accomplish.

F/SN is overly reliant as a series on its medium the story has a huge quality drop when it's told in a different medium other than the one it was intended.
>>
>>155652296
It was too
idk
simple?
for me in comparison
not that either is a masterpiece or anything, fate/ is generally overrated, but i liked the vn of sn better than the anime of zero
>>
>>155652296
F/SN has a very interesting premise, interesting world set-up, and has a lot of potential. However, Nasu is not a good writer, and it all falls quite flat when it comes to the actual dialogues, interactions, and character development. I think Zero showed this very well, Nasu giving the general outline with someone more skilled (Uro) filling it in is the way to go. That's what Nasu is good at, the big picture and premise.
>>
>>155652296
I think Fate/Zero is defintly worse than Fate/Stay Night.The characters are weird and edgy and many servants aren't so interesting like in Stay Night except rider from fate/Zero and Saber and gil.And I like Urobuchi's writing style not really so I prefer Stay Night over Zero
>>
>>155652500
Nasu isn't the best writer then it comes to dialogs but still I can't stand Urobuchi writing specially Psycho-Pass sounds so goofy but I will still give it a chance.
>>
>>155652500
Forgot to add F/Z has a definitely more adult tone than F/SN (no, shitty sex scenes do not make the tone mature). F/SN is definitely more like a shonen, where the good MC and his friends have to defeat the rather stereotypical bad guys. Gil in F/SN is a good example of shonen villain: obviously evil from the start, gets introduced by killing off the previous villain to show how strong he is, eventually defeated by the power of love/friendship/whatever the fuck (Avalon falls under this writing-wise, replace it with "Shirou's love for Saber" and it would functionally work the same as a plot device). Zero instead has several different groups with their own reasons and faults where there isn't really a clear-cut good side vs bad side.
>>
>>155652631
Well I give you what.That is a good point but still i cant stand the urobuchi writing style except madoka
>>
>>155652597
>>155652693
That just comes down to preference, though I didn't find Psycho Pass to be particularly amazing either.
>>
>>155652631
I really wanted the VN to have had a more platonic comradeship between Shirou and Saber. I dunno, the sex feels a bit forced moreso than all the other routes. Fate is like Assassin's Creed to me. The gimmick and world being meeting famous historic characters and fighting along side/watching them fight, but all in all it falls flat on the story 90% of the time.

You're right about where Fate Zero went right where the other people thought UBW failed. UBW was an adaptation, but given that they dedicated flashback episodes to Caster and Gilgamesh, I think a lot of anime-only fags were dismayed by the sudden linear storyline.
>>
>>155652631
Now that I think about it, F/Z to F/SN is like Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 and then FMA Brotherhood, both franchises usually having series wars between the first and the remake (if ignoring Deen).
>>
>>155652631
Kirei is the villain though.
>>
>>155652296
speak english
>>
File: 1471361394414.jpg (919KB, 4670x3284px) Image search: [Google]
1471361394414.jpg
919KB, 4670x3284px
>>155652296
DeenFate will always have a special place in my heart despite all criticisms, just like the Tsukihime anime's opening intro.
>>
>>155652737
Anime only fags are the worst specially then they try to critize fate for things that are explained in the visual novel
>>
>>155652296
From Camelot onwards F/GO is better than both of them.

>>155652769
Most fan(girls) are of the opinion that Kirei did nothing wrong, or that his shitty life more than justified his actions.
>>
>>155652828
>the Tsukihime anime's opening intro.
I like the tsukihime opening too but still the anime is trash.Actually I prefer the tsukihime manga over the visual novel
>>
>>155652885
The Tsuki manga's surprisingly well done given Fate's manga adaptation.

Also if there are two things to forgive Tsukihime anime for, it's the opening and the random decision to suddenly give Sacchin a small subplot.
>>
>>155652500
>butcher
>skilled
I assume you can't read Nihonese, can you? His writing reads like a bad fanfic.
>>
File: tumblr_nezsemz5sd1tj9g85o1_500.jpg (112KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nezsemz5sd1tj9g85o1_500.jpg
112KB, 500x710px
>>155652631

That's a binary way of thinking, Zero and Stay Night just have different type of storytelling with different objective, both having their ups and downs

For example I think stay night has a more complex storyline and more interesting character drama, but zero has a much better sense of urgency because Urobuchi is simply better at that

That's the reason people can't stand zerofags, they are always thinking there is only one way to tell a holy grail war story: no, multiple protagonist isn't forcibly a better approach to storytelling
>>
>>155652852
This how Nasu came up with Kirei and Souren, from the 10th anniversary interview.
>"The 'enemy' that main characters face in romance novels written before the 80s is different from the 'enemy' they face in romance novels written after the 90s." Romance novels up to the 80s had enemies that represented distortions in society. In novels written after the 90s, main characters begin fighting with problems in their own surroundings, in a more personal scope. Thinking about that, with both Ryougi Shiki in Kara no Kyoukai and Emiya Shirou in Fate/stay night, the characters suffer from trying to come to terms with problems in their own narrow perspectives. The ones who stand in their ways, Araya Souren and Kotomine Kirei, are simply people who fought against the world itself and lost in the past -- the main characters from the 80s.
>>
>>155652769
He's the villain because he's killing people for the sake of a quest of self discovery rather than grand purposes like saving the world or finding the Source?
Yeah no. They're all birds of a feather. If anything I find Kirei's reason to kill less conceited and more sympathetic.
>>
>>155653021
Then Uro follows with:
>Uro: Since Araya and Kotomine's value systems have completely matured, they act as a great wall for the troubled main characters. Yet the main characters must still overcome the wall of the previous generation... I think both Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/stay night fit into that category. However, I will say that I think the style of main characters has changed even further in the 21st century.

The point of them being children is intentional.
>>
>>155653147
Villain is a pretty childish/shonen word though. Stories have antagonists.
>>
>>155653202
You're suggesting that Fate/Zero has a protagonist instead of two deuteragonists.
>>
>>155653561
No, I'm saying that the "evilness" is not what determines who is and isn't an antagonist. FSN is not three stories, it's one story divided into three. There's a reason only the final boss of UBW.
>>
>>155652296
Deep Dark Fantasy anime
>>
I've played the game and read+watch F/Z, liked te second way more. Probably due to better characters.
Is F/HA worth getting into?
>>
>>155655535
HA without reading the vn would be like the biggest waste of time
>>
>>155656061
Except I'm retarded and can't read.
HA has barely any plot, it's just a bunch of gags with the original vns characters. It's fun, but that's it.
>>
Anyone who can read nip, is the vn written as poorly as the translation would have this eop believe?
>>
>>155656109
That's completely wrong though, it does have plot. Why would you lie like that? The SoL stuff is what you have o read inbetween the plot.
>>
>>155656152
No. The translation is very basic or simplifying, like making it tone deaf.
>>
>>155656178
>barely any
>not none
>>
>>155656380
It's at least 25% of the VN.
>>
>>155656406
So 75% is not plot
>>
>>155656466
I just don't think that when talking about HA it's accurate to just handwave the plot away as if it might not as well be there.
>>
>>155652946
Arc is absolutely cute as a button in Tsuki manga; everyone should read it
>>
>>155652946
>sacchin
Who?
>>
>>155656531
The plot is really just there to allow the SoL scenes though; it's primarily a fanservice VN
>>
>>155656619
Manga was definitely better
>stronger roa
>alpha shiki
>akiha vs ciel
>epilogue
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.