[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just marathoned pic related, what did I think about it, /a/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Diebuster.jpg (850KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Diebuster.jpg
850KB, 1920x1200px
I just marathoned pic related, what did I think about it, /a/?

No, seriously, I don't know how to feel about it. I feel like it soils Gunbuster and its great ending.
>>
You hate it.
>>
>>155646255
Oh, thought that was ttgl.
>>
>>155646255
you were let down by how much Gainax misunderstood Gunbuster
>>
>>155646255
What a way to start a thread.
>I just watched something and I don't know what I thought about it; put the words in my mouth, /a/!
It would've been better if you posted just the spoilered part instead.
>>
>>155646255
treat it as diebuster, not gunbuster 2 despite how its advertised. enjoyed the differences, but some call backs were worth it though
>that moment when buster machine dix-neuf became buster machine 19
>>
>>155647194
It's a meme, you dip
>>
>>155646255
>>155647197
That's right
Treat is as a standalone and its fun well starting halfway of the story just like gunbuster
>>
>>155646255
It's a meme show, /a/non, just like thinking that Groovin' Magic is a good OP is a meme.

When the plot descends to "Let's save the Earth by using it as a missile." you know things have gone way wrong.
>>
>>155646255
Yeah it was fucking stupid and it pissed me off.

If it wasn't a "sequel" then it still would have been pretty bad. Completely ungrounded, flat characters, and asspulls galore.
>>
>>155646255
It was decent, but the contrarian faggots on this board who claim that it's better than Gunbuster should be gunned down.

The most memorable part of Diebuster is the ending, because it reminds you of Gunbuster. That really says it all.
>>
gunbuster isnt even good
>>
>>155646255
It's shit, even as a standalone.
>>
Diebuster and FLCL were the start of the meme-cancer that killed Gainax and birthed the abomination known as Trigger.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>>155646255
I thoroughly enjoyed it but I watched it before gunbuster (this actually introduced it to me) and considered it entirely by itself rather than comparing everything to the original.

Is it as good as gunbuster? Fuck no.
Is it a black mark on the series that fucking ruins everything forever? nah.

At worst it was an enjoyable throw away but I personally like plucky naive MCs and watching gunbuster made me like diebuster even more, by making all of the connections tot he original, rather than less by comparison of themes and whatnot.

you can crucify me now
>>
>>155648195
Gunbuster was the kind of show that deserved to end with its ambigious, bittersweet ending.

Diebuster ruins that, and changes the tone of the series.
>>
>>155648195
That's probably the better order to watch it in, because you wouldn't understand why it's shitting all over everything.
>>
>>155648303
The ending of gunbuster is literally completely unchanged.
Noriko arrives at earth 12,000 years later to "welcome home" and fade to black.
>>155648313
Even after watching and rewatching both I don't feel that way.
I really don't see why anyone would aside from the typical utility of being pretentious about 24 fps japanese drawings on a Tibetan cave painting bazaar.
>>
>>155648375
Gunbuster was relatively grounded. It considered the impacts of space travel and an intergalactic war. The core message was hard work and guts.

Diebuster has its head in the clouds, completely disconnected you from the characters, broke any immersion you might have felt, and all of the emotions it tried to convey just fell flat.
Digging up the emotional ending of Gunbuster after they pulled all of that wacky bullshit with the Earth and Moon just felt like a dick in the face.
>>
>>155648738
>The core message was hard work and guts.
A message that was mirrored in Diebuster.
She started off working in a shitty bar and followed her dream and kept believing in the buster machine inside of her rather than the buster machine that belonged to her.

It was different but that's kind of the point. If you want the same thing again just watch gunbuster again.
>>
>>155648195
I don't think it's possible to understand. After watching Diebuster, you would know that オカエリナサイ is coming at the end of Gunbuster.

The first time I watched the end of Gunbuster, all sorts of thoughts were going through my head, about how humanity must have changed, the language, biology, if everyone was an android, if humanity was even alive, language, etc. Then the writing appears and I cried, and I still tear up a bit thinking about it. You don't even know if the people on Earth still use those symbols, but they were preserved, and the feelings are there.

At the end of Diebuster the Earth is half destroyed and the moon has a giant assprint on it, after a weird metaphysical scene involving characters it was hard to care about.

>>155648864
Lucky she was a super robot all along I guess. Noriko was just a dumb schoolgirl who fought every step of the way.
>>
>>155646255
Could have been better.
>>
>>155646255
Reminder that Gunbuster 3 is in the works.
>>
>>155650728
I have no hope of it being good.
>>
>>155648303
>ambigious

Nigga it ain't ambiguous. They go back to earth and are welcomed back as heros, what other interpretation is there? Some "it's their dying dream" bullshit?
>>
>>155648303
Well you couldn't repeat the same story.
>>
I think it's absolutely beautiful and great. Way way way way way way way way way better than Gunbuster
>>
>>155646255
this shit was about powerlevel wasn't it?
>>
File: diebuster.jpg (44KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
diebuster.jpg
44KB, 600x439px
I think people hate Diebuster because it's about accepting your limitations and lived reality rather than lying to yourself.

If the inversion of the power dynamic between Lal'C/Nono doesn't move you then you are a sick man who needs to get his hand off his dick and develop genuine emotions
>>
>>155648046
The most memorable part of Diebuster is the ending with Lal'C grabbing Nono's tit, not the lame Gunbuster part
>>
>>155652002
The state of the Earth and humanity is ambiguous you braindead animal.
>>
>>155648120
Not only is your criticism of these shows being "meme cancer" completely empty of any real meaning and unfounded, but is also just flat out wrong. Your inability to draw on any real commentary on these shows and instead just uaing stupid buzzwords shows that you are an utter fucking idiot with no ability to actually understand where quality lies.
Also, I think FLCL is leagues ahead of Diebuster, although that may be just me, and it didn't leave much of an impression on me. FLCL was a fun coming of age with brilliant art direction and a great use of The Pillows music. It had much more substance than I would expect from anime normally, and it is nothing short of senseless to say it was part of the reason Gainax died. Not gonna argue about what you have to say about Trigger though.
>>
ok
>>
>>155647755
It's a /tv/ meme, keep it there.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.