[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we know mecha are impractical in real life, but how about Objects?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 555
Thread images: 28

So we know mecha are impractical in real life, but how about Objects?
>>
Depends on their weight.
>>
Even more impractical.
They run on magical powerplants. Their design is completely flawed.
>>
Magnifying the strengths and weaknesses of late ww2 german tanks by a thousand.

Exceptionally difficult to destroy
Makes a mockery of enemy strongpoints not defended by other objects
Requires hilariously large logisitical support, which is very vulnerable to attack
Cannot hold ground effectively due to lack of numbers
Sabotage is more effective

Im sure there are other cogent points
>>
the most original anime title

guaranteed garbage
>>
>>155605438
>we know mecha are impractical in real life
huh? tanks and guns are impractical?
>>
>>155605438
>how about Objects
God, I don't know where to begin

Do you want to start with the weight, the size, the compressed space, the tremendous amount of maintenance and support, or just the training requirement needed to pilot a machine the size of a mountain?
God, a B-2 plane can only be legally piloted after 20 years of hard training, which means that since its invention, only 544 pilots were hired. Imagine that one
>>
>>155605438

Considering the premise of the show actually undermines the practicality of the Objects, you tell me.
>>
bipedal will just never work. legs are a massive weak point and slow
gonna also get buried by the even more massive concentrated weight on feets
>>
>>155605438
It basically comes down to: If it has legs then it is garbage compared to tanks in reality.

Legs on a big machine are a massive weak point in actual combat.
>>
File: 1482944040131.jpg (505KB, 850x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1482944040131.jpg
505KB, 850x1145px
>>155605876
Objects are actually piloted by genetically engineered and raised pilots.
>>
>>155605990
>>155606008
Legs are shit on military vehicles, but still better than hovercrafting a fucking mega tank.
>>
>>155605438
>So we know mecha are impractical in real life, but how about Objects?
Objects are just the WW2 Maus tank extrapolated towards infinity.

Basically a really heavily armoured vehicle with a lot of firepower.

But you know what we call that? a land Battleship.

The main weakness is the assumption that you are so well protected, that you can absorb enemy punishment safely. That had not been the case for decades. Our ability to destroy had outstripped our ability to defend even since artillery became accurate. Even without using nukes, armoured vehicles just can't take the punishment.

This is why for fiction, there tend to be either forcefields or self regenerating armour. Something that can safely and cheaply negate enemy fire. Without this, Objects can't work.

The bottom line is Objects are a massive investment in resources, and that you put so much of your eggs in that one basket, that it is easy for the enemy to blow you up with focussed firepower that are cheaper.
>>
>>155606139
Even worse then.
Such special pilots are extremely difficult to replace and would find trouble understanding social cues. aka the risk of going awol or backstab
>>
>>155605438
>Relies on applied magic engines
You tell me.
>>
>>155606187
>>155606193
This is basically the whole plot of the anime.
>>
>>155606145

see, that's where you get it wrong

why a (future)tank need to be massive? current tanks are only massive due to engine/cannon/ammo taking alot of space/manpower and armor being heavy
being massive is a fucking defect

i suppose future tanks gonna have some laser/plasma cannon (no ammo), some miniaturized compact fusion engine and some future light alloy
hovering would be no problem
>>
>>155605990
>bipedal will just never work.
That's why you go full spider.
>>
>>155606533
>that's where you get it wrong
I don't see where you disagree with what I said. I am with you in the proposition that giant tanks are not the way to go. But they are the topic of the thread, and that's why my reply referred to them.
>>
>>155606139
I want to fire my main gun in himes entry hatch
>>
>>155606232
>This is basically the whole plot of the anime.
The thing is, Super-weapons were only envisioned by those who are on a disadvantage. Specifically both WW2 Germany and Japan wanted to have super weapons that negates the resource advantage of the Allies.

The argument just doesn't add up, in the end. Artillery had become so powerful by then that even modern tanks wouldn't survive a direct hit, even in the archaic battlefields of WW1. Even traditional fortresses disappeared, and everyone moved underground because hiding your location became the only real defence.

Making something huge, just turns it into a nicer target. Battleships were basically floating Objects, and they are now gone for a reason.
>>
>>155606623
Not that anon, but if giant tanks have point defense lasers that can one shot almost all forms of conventional armored units, then it really doesn't matter whatsoever.
>>
>>155605990
this is why Zoids is the best anime ever.
>>
>>155607268
>Not that anon, but if giant tanks have point defense lasers that can one shot almost all forms of conventional armored units, then it really doesn't matter whatsoever.
That wouldn't stop an artillery shell.
>>
>>155607381
It would if said laser has the range of thousands of KM and has a supercomputer backing up its aim.
>>
>>155607456
>It would if said laser has the range of thousands of KM and has a supercomputer backing up its aim.
Not how lasers work. You would need destructive power equivalent to the classic death ray that deletes solid mass. And if that was the case, then Objects would be sliced in half by any such laser in the enemy's hands.
>>
>>155607558
The laser can one-shot armored units. Just damaging the shell in flight itself is enough to make the shell miss.
>>
File: 1.jpg (322KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
322KB, 1280x640px
Land battleships only work if you have stupid sci-fi tech like gravity manipulation and energy fields.
>>
>>155607591
>The laser can one-shot armored units. Just damaging the shell in flight itself is enough to make the shell miss.
You don't seem to understand that solid artillery shells aren't missiles. If they are on target, you are not going to stop it.
>>
>>155607646
Jesus fucking christ. You can't be this much of an idiot.
>>
>>155607646
What if you shot a hypersonic mini missile with a fission warhead at it.

Checkmate atheist.
>>
>>155607682
>What if you shot a hypersonic mini missile with a fission warhead at it.
Then the enemy just forced you to spend more defending its cheap artillery shell. Then the artillery fires again. And again. Until you run out of missiles that are multiple times more valuable than the artillery.

And then you die.
>>
>>155605438
Do you really want giant balls of metal that can be destroyed by throwing sand at it on the battlefield?
>>
>>155607748
What if I shot a hypersonic missile with a fission warhead at the guy shooting artillery at me after I located him from his first shot.

Checkmate theist.
>>
>>155607779
That's gen 2, Gen 1 are the general purpose Objects that's made to end conventional war and would not have that silly little weakness.
>>
>>155607791
>What if I shot a hypersonic missile with a fission warhead at the guy shooting artillery at me after I located him from his first shot.
>Checkmate theist.
You are still using a missile more valuable than the entire artillery piece and crew you killed. You will lose the war because you are basically burning money.
>>
>>155605709

This.

A weapon like this would just be extremely vulnerable to sabotage via defense in depth tactics.
>>
>>155607903
Well, yes. That's pretty much what the two MC does. But to be fair, Objects have theoretically infinite power, super-advance propulsion system that lets them move like jet-fighters, bullshit superlasers as point defense and a fleshy supercomputer capable of accurately tracking thousands of targets at once. It's similar to tanks if tanks are BOLO's.
>>
>>155607558
You're an idiot. Right now laser can stop artillery shell.

What idk if they can destroy/stop APFSDS shell and Railgun shells.
>>
Why did people just build projectiles made of the same material so that they could destroy them?
>>
>>155607828
They have completely exposed guns and propulsion devices. Even if your conventional weaponry can't destroy the big object itself, they would be able to render it completely useless.
>>
>>155607682
They've got laser based point defense just for that kind of thing.

And first gen Objects actually survived being nuked.

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>155608268
>And first gen Objects actually survived being nuked.
Which they shouldn't have. This thread asks if Objects make sense, not if they work by cartoon rules. And thus the nuke would have ended the fight.
>>
>>155608268
>Did you even watch the show?

God no. Who do you think I am, a man with no taste?
>>
>>155608268
>survived a nuke
That plot point was utterly retarded as usual. But then nothing stops you from nuking it again.
>>
>>155608358
It was half melted down. There's no way it was still operational.
>>
>>155605438
How can anyone enjoy such a shitty design? HOfags truly have shit taste
>>
>>155608358
>That plot point was utterly retarded as usual. But then nothing stops you from nuking it again.
Especially since nukes are so much cheaper than an Object. The only reason nukes aren't used often is due to overkill. But an Object justifies multiple nukes just because of how expensive it is.

Super weapons are not efficient, and they never were.
>>
The biggest fucking problem with all war modern and future is that we already have nukes. NUKES. We're at the endgame. War anime are so phenomenally retarded. Like in certain Gundam series were if you shoot the wrong part of it you risk a nuclear explosion and how pilots end up dying because they can't fire at the enemy because they know! For anything to be viable it would have to be a hard counter to nukes and even then nukes will always be easier and get easier to make than whatever the fuck you're dicking around with.
>>
>>155608527
I'm going to write an anime where the protagonists can save themselves from nukes by crossing their fingers.
Just to spite you.
>>
>General Atom watched the artificial sun born from humanity's madness
>his tiny devoid of goodness eyes protected by the glass basked in the infernal light, for he knows the shounen and his friends have perished
>now nothing stands before him and the destruction of the world
>for a moment the mushroom cloud trembles
>"-wwhat?"
>he must have been imagining things, it's impossible for something like this to ha-
>"General! Look!" His assistant yelled
>"M-masaka!"
>the gigantic radioactive cloud of heated dust was split in the middle, letting the natural skies to cast their light like pillars of hope onto the tortured earth, and there, a katana wielding boy and his friends stood
>"i-impossible... to protect yourself from a nuclear blast by cutting it with a sword! IMPOSSIBLE!"

This is how nukes work, prove me wrong.
>>
>>155605438
God damn I thought that was the Toejam & Earl ship from the tumbnail
>>
>>155605438
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bunker_buster
>>
>>155608299
The problem is that Objects aren't real and we only have the feats presented to us in the light novel. I don't think people realize just how much more technologically advanced the people in HO. Trying to say 'This is how it should works in real life' is incredibly stupid since we have nothing like that in real life.
>>
>>155608527
Nukes are only as good as the delivery system for it. You can't nuke something if it never gets there in the first place. Missiles? Shoot it down. Bomb? Shoot the plane or even the bomb before it reaches the target. Seriously, there's a damn good reason why the SDI wasn't allowed to proceed.
>>
>>155610447
>The problem is that Objects aren't real and we only have the feats presented to us in the light novel.
And by that same reasoning bipedal Gundams are the best thing ever.
It's just that both Objects and gundams require lots of handwaves and SCIENCE* to function as advertised.
>>
>>155610447
The logic is that, if you have the tech to make moving impenetrable fortresses feasable, then you should have the technology to create tanks that can take it down in one shot and insignificant cost
>>
>>155610447
>I don't think people realize just how much more technologically advanced the people in HO.
No one is doubting that Objects are high tech. What we ARE doubting, is the belief that defensive weapons are somehow many times more effective than offensive weapons of the same tech level. Every single piece of tech on an Object, can be used AGAINST it with horrifying ease, efficiency, and low cost.
>>
>>155610560
No fucking shit. But that's just how it works in their world. We can laugh at mecha's all we want, but if we have something that can move as fast and hit as hard as Gundams, our targeting/communication systems fucked over by Minovsky particles, and have psychic Newtype bullshit in real life, we wouldn't be laughing at it. But we don't, so are we can say is how bad a fictional piece of technology is with our own fictional idea of it.
>>
>>155610759
>But that's just how it works in their world.
I'll refer you to the OP
>>
This a no fun allowed thread isnt it. No HO here I guess
>>
>>155610706
The power source is huge, that's why. Only an object is large enough to house the nigh-infinite, high output power source of theirs. It's like asking why don't we have tank with lasers and railguns. Because we don't have a reliable and portable enough power source to put them on tanks.

>>155610757
Their defensive weapon is a high powered laser, in which people in real life would agree, is the game-changer that would spell the death of the modern military doctrine.
>>
>>155610901
It's not a bad thing, usually half of a normal HO thread is literally just an image dump.
And the volume that just came out is about ace combat loli anyways, there won't be any objects involved.
>>
>>155610910
>Their defensive weapon is a high powered laser, in which people in real life would agree, is the game-changer that would spell the death of the modern military doctrine.
A high powered laser that would be able to easily kill an Object before the Object can react.
>>
>>155610967
I actually wanted to have more ace combat loli damn
>>
>>155610910
>The power source is huge,
That doesn't make the armor impenetrable.
>>
>>155605438
you are effectively increasing the attack surface
same goes for mechas
the most effective weapon is swarm of aerial vehicles
>>
>>155611019
I see your flock of drones, and I raise you an army of hackers.
>>
>>155610819
And I'll refer to you about how real life doesn't have all the technology needed for an actual Object. Real life doesn't have their stupidly overpowered, super-efficient and relatively portable JPlevelMHD Reactor aka the bottleneck of real life technology.
>>
>>155610910
>The power source is huge, that's why
Physics does not work that way, anon.
The Object was not made to house a huge powerhouse. No it has a powerhouse because it is huge.
The cubic law in unforgiving once you reach over 10meters. And if you have the technology to power a gargantuan object, then you have the technology to power tanks loaded with super artileries and are powered by the energy. Except it was stored and distributed in batteries and the energy powerplant stays guarded in base
>>
>>155611074
>And I'll refer to you about how real life doesn't have all the technology needed for an actual Object. Real life doesn't have their stupidly overpowered, super-efficient and relatively portable JPlevelMHD Reactor aka the bottleneck of real life technology.
The same reactor that can just be put into a laser gun platform, which can be easily concealed and fire upon an Object that can't defend itself in time?
>>
>>155610972
That's why they have that armor of theirs. Only another laser powered by the reactor of theirs is enough to punch through it. At which point, you now have two options, a stationary laser or a mobile one, and I'm betting on the one that's not a sitting target in a duel between the two.

>>155611011
Their armor can be damaged, but requires nuke-level strength to do so. Problem, as mentioned already, is the numerous PD lasers that can shoot down missiles, tanks, jet-figthers, bombs, shells, and everything in between from 10 to 100's of KM's away.
>>
>>155611074
It's not the only bottleneck. The material itself would be torn apart by the strain of the machine activity.
You have your super power source. You are still lacking your super unbreakable building material.
Then you lack your super unbreakable pilot.
>>
There is always that contrarian weeb who would insist on animelogic
>>
>>155611166
>Only another laser powered by the reactor of theirs is enough to punch through it.
No, anon, that's not how it works. If the armour is so strong, then you can build projectiles with that armour and thus resist it being shot down by point defence.
>>
>>155611150
Real life, probably no. HO-verse where the elite pilots and the numerous advanced sensors that allows them to detect the heat signature before it fires and have the reaction time to aim-dodge it and counter-fire with its mountain-side melting fuckhuge laser? Probably yes.
>>
>>155610554
It isn't as easy to shoot down an ICBM as you think. Which is the sole reason to why nuclear peace is a thing.
There are simple too many ICBMs capable of firing across the globe that you'd never be able to counter it.
>>
>>155611237
>Real life, probably no. HO-verse where the elite pilots and the numerous advanced sensors that allows them to detect the heat signature before it fires and have the reaction time to aim-dodge it and counter-fire with its mountain-side melting fuckhuge laser? Probably yes.
Why the hell do you assume that my offensive laser platform wouldn't have equivalent technology to shoot first?
>>
>>155611237
It would be trivial to mask that shit.
Your object has lots of armor, but its sensors need to be outside of it.
>>
>>155611237
The acceleration for that would kill the pilot.
>>
>>155611206
The armor is strong because's it has multiple layers. One layer of their armor made into projectile isn't enough to do shit, nevermind the fact that you still need to be able to target and hit it before it does the same to you and it's moving around like a highly mobile jet-fighter.
>>
>retrofit a railgun on a missile cruiser
>lob cheap, uninterceptable strikes at the object from 100+ miles away
>no chance of retaliation because the enemy dumped all their resources into a meme and have no way to spot for a counterattack
>>
>>155611307
It's not difficult to shoot down jet fighters though. It's even less difficult to shoot down a jet fighter the size of an object.
>>
>>155611297
>human pilots

Already obsolete in our world
>>
>>155605438

Much less retarded than humanoid mechas.
>>
>>155611252
Again, real life, sure, it will never work. But HO-verse has elite pilots that can repeatedly target thousands of targets at once with ease.

>>155611257
Because lasers are rather noticeable before it fires especially if it's of the mountain-melting kind?

>>155611262
And the problem is getting to the sensors, which has 10 to 100's of KM's of PD lasers protecting it.

>>155611297
Well, HO's elite pilots are kinda bullshit like that. The MC nearly died while inside a moving Object while the elite pilot was literally singing like an idol the whole time.
>>
>>155611166
>That's why they have that armor of theirs. Only another laser powered by the reactor of theirs is enough to punch through it. At which point, you now have two options, a stationary laser or a mobile one, and I'm betting on the one that's not a sitting target in a duel between the two.
This is why the show is retarded. A thermonuclear bomb's fireball is hotter than the center of the sun by orders of magnitude.
There is no known material that we know of that wouldn't melt in such heat and an object in the show takes a direct hit.
>>
>>155611396
>Much less retarded than humanoid mechas.
Technically HALF as retarded. But still retarded. Being spherical gives it maximum armour to surface area. But it still ends up a "battleship", an obsolete concept before WW2 even ended.
>>
>>155611344
It's a jet-fighter that can move as fast in any direction on a dime.
>>
>>155611407
>Because lasers are rather noticeable before it fires especially if it's of the mountain-melting kind?
Your gigantic Object is an easier target and can be hit from further away for that reason.
>>
>>155605709

Gen1 objects are pretty much impervious to anything non object you throw at them.

There is actually one of the older objects specialized for anti infantry battles appearing later. Just thinking about it makes MC's piss themselves.

Gen2 are vulnerable because they are too specialized at fighting objects.
>>
>>155605438
they are heavily impractical
>>
>>155611390
Objects still have human pilots though.

>>155611407
You don't get to just ignore the problems with the human component and use "elite" as the justification every time.
>>
>>155611407
>Because lasers are rather noticeable before it fires especially if it's of the mountain-melting kind?
Lasers do not have to be visible to the human eye, the only reason they are is because it would be pretty boring to watch a film where you couldn't see the lasers.
>>
>>155611479
>Gen1 objects are pretty much impervious to anything non object you throw at them.
It costs many times more than a nuke and can be disabled by a nuke. That's far from impervious.
>>
>>155611439
And you can shoot down the bomb before it hits. Why are you not understanding it? A nuke is only as strong as its delivery system. If it can be shot down before it remotely gets to its effective range, then the nuke is rendered useless.
>>
>>155606623

Objects are giant because reactors powering them are just that huge.
>>
>>155611445
>Being spherical gives it maximum armour to surface area.
Wrong. Spheres are a meme. I'm not joking.
Spheres mean you offer the greatest possible target in every direction, at a 90° angle which is the worst angle possible.
City walls in the past were built in star shape for this simple reason.
Forget spheres.
>>
>>155611517
Did you not read my last part? It was hit and kept on trucking.
A thermonuclear device is many times more powerful than the lasers that destroy the objects in the first place.
>>
>>155607646

Except there already exist systems capable of that.
>>
>>155611458
It can only accelerate so much before its engines die.
>>
>>155611479
>Gen1 objects are pretty much impervious to anything non object you throw at them.
In-universe. It's still silly.
>>
>>155611492
Because we don't have elite pilots in real life, that's my point. We can't saw how effective an Object is in real life because one of the most crucial component of it does not exist and we have zero way of gauging its true effectiveness. The closest we have is quantum computering. Either we assume such a pilot exists or some viable substitute in real life, or the Object in real life can't be called an Object at all.
>>
>>155611577
>Except there already exist systems capable of that.
And you keep trying to assume that Objects are fighting modern military with space alien technology. I am pointing out the major flaw that the offensive power available in an Object universe would obliterate any Object that can't hide itself from detection.
>>
>>155608299
>Which they shouldn't have

You know that nukes were tested on WW2 battleships and it actually too a couple of tests to sink the likes of Nagato right?

These things are many times better armored. And laser CIWS mean you need to launch dozens of nukes at one hoping few will make it through.
>>
>>155611622
We don't have jedi in real life either. Because the force is not real.
>>
>>155611517
Thermonuclear mine then?

Blinding it with smoke, and other technical things before striking it with a nuke ?

Nuke aren't even needed in my opinion. If you hit the track, what it is going to do?
>>
>>155611564
Because it let it hit to show the level of power needed to overwhelm it. We've seen it hit jet-fighters and their missiles already, how is an ICBM a harder to hit target than them?
>>
>>155611622
>the Object in real life can't be called an Object at all.
That's the point. Objects are built on stupid ideas.
>>
>>155611647
>You know that nukes were tested on WW2 battleships and it actually too a couple of tests to sink the likes of Nagato right?
And? it would have been rendered inoperable after the first blast.

>>155611647
>These things are many times better armored. And laser CIWS mean you need to launch dozens of nukes at one hoping few will make it through.
And it would be CHEAP to launch dozens of nukes, because the value proposition is just so much better.
>>
>>155611622
Actually we have many ways to predict the effectiveness of such a vehicle. You may notice that battleships have been obsolete for decades and supertanks have never been useful in any relevant capacity.
>>
>>155611692
It's built on technology that real life doesn't have, or even close to having. That's the damn point. We are no where even close to building something that can be called an Object, of course it wouldn't work as well as it would in the LN.
>>
>>155611647
Do you remember what the object looked like after that blast?

Also, it's smaller. The nuke would have evaporated all its sensors and broken all its exterior parts (guns, propulsion, hatch, air circulation). The machine would have been rendered inoperable.
>>
>>155611512
>and can be disabled by a nuke

It can't. They have laser CIWS making missiles pretty much obsolete.

There are laser specialized objects that can defend entire nations from massed missile strikes.

Shit, some guys later tried to drop a meteorite on a city and object still stopped that.
>>
>>155611692
they would be called mobile fortress
would move along oil pipelines
>>
>>155611738
Unless said battleships have lasers that can accurately vaporize tanks with the range of 100's of KM's, then yeah, no shit. Like, everyone agrees, the moment lasers become viable in combat, the age of aerial superiority is over.
>>
>muh mecha

Give me ONE(1) reason an orbital attack satalite isn't a better idea
>>
>>155611741
>It's built on technology that real life doesn't have,
It's built on technology that real life WON'T have.
You can't breed humans with that kind of fortitude.
The power plants are silly.
The armor is retarded.
Nothing about it is sensible by the things we already know about physics.
>>
>>155611849
Acutally, it is. One the Objects did such that and it was deemed to be the Object that can win everything forever. Until our MC blew it the fuck up.
>>
>>155611741
>It's built on technology that real life doesn't have, or even close to having.
Technology that can be more effectively applied to destroy Objects than protecting it.

Look, the idea of an all-powerful laser doesn't work because it has applications for offence. If you just claim you have some forcefield that require a giant reactor, that would have been fine. That's basically how most mecha anime works with. But to say you have powerful laser and armour, and yet say only Objects can have them? That disobeys the way your explanations work.
>>
The thing about the Object is that it is entirely reliant on the existence of the magical "JPlevel MHD reactor".

The sole purpose of the Object is to be a platform through which the magical reactor's miniature sun levels of power can be leveraged into destructive force. And everything else about it from the "muh artisan armor folded 1000 times by master craftsman" to the human supercomputer Elite pilots to the crazy-ass propulsion systems is for the purpose of protecting the reactor and getting the reactor to where it needs to be to blow shit up.
>>
>>155611784
>It can't. They have laser CIWS making missiles pretty much obsolete.
Not if I armour the missiles with the same stuff Objects use.
>>
>>155611855
Which is my point. The technology does not exist, and won't exist for a long time. We have zero way of determining how an Object would fare in real life because real life has yet to have the technology to build anything that's remotely close to what an actual Object is.
>>
>>155611849
any explosion around it pushes it out of orbit and cannot be stabilized with its weak thrusters
>>
>>155611812
>Unless said battleships have lasers that can accurately vaporize tanks with the range of 100's of KM's
At that point, a hidden laser turret of same tech level but lower cost would slice the Object in half.
>>
>>155611892
You guys are thinking about this too hard, Kamachi isn't a master of sci-fi.
The objects are just there for MacGyver and Mad Jack to blow up.
>>
>>155611925
>Which is my point.
No, you missed mine.
>The technology does not exist,
Right.
>and won't exist
Right.
>for a long time.
Here's where you fucked up.
>We have zero way of determining how an Object would fare
But we do.
We know how it would fare.
It wouldn't function.
>>
>>155611883
Because Objects are the only thing large enough to house the reactor that powers said PD lasers. I mean, do you think we don't want to put lasers and railguns on everything in the military?
>>
>>155611892
>And everything else about it from the "muh artisan armor folded 1000 times by master craftsman" to the human supercomputer Elite pilots to the crazy-ass propulsion systems is for the purpose of protecting the reactor
That's where the logic fails, because the level of protection doesn't add up UNLESS you have forcefields. Forcefields are convenient because you can scale it up by how much power you got. But armour? ARMOUR? You think armour is going to protect an exposed target?
>>
>>155611972
Because it can't exist. At least, not yet. I understand what you're trying to say, but an Object built with current technology can't be reasonably called an Object.
>>
>>155611880
>Object that can win everything forever

It really wasn't. Sky Sabre was way too easy to jam. One of those chaff missiles and it was useless.

And laser specialized objects like Charbetty would just vaporish the shell mid flight. Or even shoot down the batteries.
>>
File: 1469266177142.jpg (106KB, 799x560px) Image search: [Google]
1469266177142.jpg
106KB, 799x560px
>>155611551
>>155611445
Here's a picture of those star shaped walls, so you believe me.
>>
>>155612005
Well, armour, and the "mixed martial artist" class agility that it gets from the nonsensical propulsion systems. Also the armour is ablative design folded over 1000 times by master craftsmen so it gains bullshittium powers. IIRC there was a design that used acid clouds to create a force field, but our heroes blew it up too.

>>155611901
Congrats your missile is now too heavy to fly unless it has enough armor to survive more than a couple of seconds of direct exposure.
>>
>>155611929
Which now comes down to if the Object's sensors and pilot can detect the laser charging up before it fires. And considering Object pilots have canonically aim-dodge lasers from other Objects through detecting its heat signature before it fires, I'm saying it probably can dodge said hidden laser turret.
>>
>>155612005

It actually can't protect from direct hits of object weapons.

Usually the first one to land a clean hit wins.
>>
they can be easily destroyed by nanobots replicating quickly using the material of the object
>>
>>155612068
>At least, not yet.
No, ever.
Here's another problem. Heat.
You would need an excessively large cooling system to move the heat of the object out of the object before it kills the computers and the pilot, or at least before it melts the whole object down.
Now, how do you move the heat of a super power plant through near-perfect armor?
You can't.
Objects cannot function.
>>
>>155605990
But what about Metal Gear?
>>
>>155612100
I chalk that up to it literally being the first 3rd gen Object. No one really detected its shortcoming because it had stomped the other Object before they could find out about it.
>>
>>155611929

You need the reactor to power that gun anyways. And if it's not protected inside an object it's a crazy easy target.

At that point it's just easier to make an abject.
>>
>One omega super weapon so stupid powerful that it makes any number of conventional weapons irrelevant

It's an interesting idea that carries some kind of weight, though it probably wouldn't be as dominant as portrayed. It makes some sense, imagine how many roman soldiers one dude with a modern assault rifle (+ammo +training) or whatever would be able to take out; just with that one thing, he'd be a major force on the battlefield, and if you both had one dude with one gun, you'd probably be best off just letting them duke it out and not get involved.
>>
>>155612198
The entire JPlevelMHD reactor and its internal make-up is a mystery, even in the LN's. All we know is that the heat and plasma generated from the reactor is enough to glass the land when it was used as a weapon.
>>
>>155611855
>It's built on technology that real life WON'T have.

Says fucking who?

We made the first plane just 100 years ago and now we are sending probes to Pluto.

Don't act like you know how tech will look like in 150 years.
>>
>>155612209

It was it's first fight.
>>
>>155612281
Yes, as I said. There is no way to make it work. The best the author can do is handwave it to be working.
No development of technology will get this thing to run.
>>
>>155612238
>One omega super weapon so stupid powerful that it makes any number of conventional weapons irrelevant

Are you talking about nukes? And before that gunpowder weapons?
>>
onion layers
>>
>>155612335
Wait, I think we're actually agreeing here. Why did we argue for several posts then?
>>
>>155612335

It's so impossible that those things exist in reality and are called stars.

Fusion reactors are not fantasy.
>>
>>155612198
>Now, how do you move the heat of a super power plant through near-perfect armor?
giant flamethrowers
>>
>>155612282
Planes and space probes function by general physical principles that were considered long before these things were built.
Scientific progress doesn't usually prove the old knowledge wrong anymore. What do you expect, that they discard the elemental table in a few years and replace it with something else? Atoms were just a misunderstanding based on limited observation tools?
>>
>>155612329
I would presume they had run some sort of simulations or mock battles before it was fully complete.
>>
>>155612398
You are missing the point by about 2 miles, unless you mean to suggest that you would like to take a vacation on a star to get a nice tan.
>>
>>155612384
You spoke of possible future developments. I insisted on a categorical "impossible".
>>
>>155612403
You mean, generate more heat?
>>
>>155612463

Countless scientists are working on fusion reactors right now. Claiming it will never work is retarded since they work in nature already.

We just can't do it yet.
>>
>>155612359

Yeah, only with the defense to match\

Gunpower weapons weren't there when they first showed up due to accuracy and reloading problems but they did eventually get there. Although that's not quite what I'm talking about, since you can still arm your whole damn army with them and one dude with one early gunpower weapon couldn't take out ten fifth graders by himself, let alone a whole army.
>>
>>155612486
I wouldn't call it 'impossible'. That's like saying the modern technology is as good as it's going to get for us. I mean, if shit like Black Holes and event horizons can exist, I would presume technology still have a long way to go before we can declare something as 'impossible'. Impossible currently? Yes. In the future of some indeterminable time? No.
>>
Yeah I'm sure your point defense is real good but what are you going to do when I blow up the sun huh checkmate objectists
>>
File: pc_1_.jpg (298KB, 460x656px) Image search: [Google]
pc_1_.jpg
298KB, 460x656px
>>155612520
>Frolaytia
>pilot
And fighter pilots >>> object pilots.
>>
>>155612519
I'm not claiming that any kind of reactor does not work. I am pointing out basic principles that you should pay attention to when designing a powerful machine.
There is no such thing as perfect energy conversion.
When you run a power plant, it will generate heat.
When you run a machine, it will generate heat.
When you power a super sized tank with a super power plant, and coat the whole thing in impenetrable armor, then the inside of it will be REALLY, FUCKING HOT.
>>
>>155612635
From what I remember, Objects give off a unique heat signature when it activates, so I would presume the heat is being shunted out somehow. The armor isn't so much as impenetrable as it is a highly conductive, multiple layered, durable armor that negates most small arms and had layers removed from highly devastating attacks.
>>
>>155612576
Guns conquered the battlefields as the opposites of super weapons.
You could hand them to people and they'd be efficient fighters even with almost no training.
So the size of your army depended on how many guns you could produce, and no longer on how many people you could train.
>>
>>155612635

It is. Which is why they also have fantasy cooling systems.

They later destroy one object by fucking up it's cooling system.

It melts like butter like 10 seconds later.
>>
Can we get /k/ opinions on this?
>>
>>155612790

Yeah, that makes them kind of a poor parallel for Objects which are only piloted by genetically engineered royalty
>>
>>155612861
>genetically engineered royalty
Not to nitpick, but only some of them are royalty.
>>
>>155612892

Yeah, I was just selling my point.
>>
>>155611690
Reread his last post.
>A thermonuclear device is many times more powerful than the lasers that destroy the objects in the first place.
That's the bullshit part.
>>
>>155605438
Military engineer here, it would be far too impractical in real life.

Besides the fact that you would have to center your whole logistics around the object, even if the enemy can't destroy it, they can just destroy the ground and bury the Object in the ground. It can also be rendered useless by an EMP.

All in all, there is a reason that most ground armored vehicles are tanks.
>>
>>155612921
Not really. I mean, their lasers are pretty much proportional to the energy pumped into it. If their supermagical reactor is something that is several oom more powerful than nuclear, then it makes sense the primary lasers that Objects used can slice an Object apart and more powerful than thermonuclear devices.
>>
>>155612989
>Besides the fact that you would have to center your whole logistics around the object, even if the enemy can't destroy it, they can just destroy the ground and bury the Object in the ground

But what if it has SPIDER LEGS anon

The greatest propulsion system known to man
>>
>>155612989
LN's Objects actually immune to EMP.
>>
Without magical reactors, defense systems and armor, a giant target for missiles and bombs. And considering we lack those mentioned magical things IRL, utterly impractical obviously.
>>
>>155613089
Because it's literally powered by magic. If it was able to resist an EMP in real life, it would also be unable to get any electromagnetic signal, so it would have effectively no comms with the outside.

>>155613050
Might as well just have tank treads then.
>>
The author has thought of all this shit you are whining about and explained it in the story, you need to pay more attention.

Objects survived nukes because the Object's armor is a specially made super material, it's hard to create and it's expensive. The first Object ate a nuke and took a lot of thermal damage, but was still operational. Modern objects can just shrug off nukes, so no one bothers to use them, it's just polluting without any real effect.

In one of the volumes, someone actually skimps on the armor and mass produces a bunch of pseudo-Objects, which were easily destroyed when the MC noticed they had shitty armor.

>>155612989
They're immune to EMP actually
>>
>>155613212
>it would also be unable to get any electromagnetic signal, so it would have effectively no comms with the outside
this is actually a plot point
>>
>>155613239
Which volume? I don't really remember them mentioning this.
>>
>>155613219
>The author has thought of all this shit you are whining about and explained it in the story
You mean it was handwaved.
>>
>>155613274
It's called science FICTION for a reason, anon.
>>
>>155613212
You're trying to apply real life logic here. Their onion armor is both durable and highly conductive, with its internal cables shielded and some of its semiconductors are enclosed in vacuum tubes.
>>
>>155605438
You could probably fry all its sensors with EMP. When it's blind, destroying it (or at least the its weapons) is no longer a problem.
What is the bullshit technology that prevents it called?
>>
>>155613311
The OP asked for the viability of objects in real life, so I thought that applying real life logic was appropriate.

Then yes, Objects are appropriate in real life, as long as we have super armor and magical reactor.

And it would still be unable to communicate with the outside, were it supposed to be 100% EMP-proof.
>>
>>155613354
Semi-conductors in vacuum tubes and shielded cables.
>>
>>155613219
>super material that can survive nukes
>Air become plasma near the nuke
Wew, must be pretty super material to resist things like thermonuclear shaped charge.
>>
>>155613391
Only thing I can find regarding it's communication system is that to prevent hacking, the Object normally cut off all signals from the outside except for a few communications devices independent from the rest of the system.
>>
>>155613305
Might as well call it fantasy because objects run on magic.
>>
>>155613212
>Might as well just have tank treads then.

But Baby Magnum does have tank treads
>>
>>155612783
Either the pilot gets fried by their own heat or they are unprotected against the energy from nuclear weapons.
>>
>>155613442
It's some kind of super duper onion layered armor, where every single layer is 1 atom thick, it's superconductive so it spreads the heat extremely efficiently, and it can absorb a huge amount of shock. In fact, I have no fucking idea how the other objects can even fight each other because if the armor actually works like the author explained, they shouldn't be strong enough to break each others' armor. Maybe the weapons use some kind of bullshit tech designed specifically to pierce object armor.
>>
>>155613406
>shielded cables
Irrelevant. I'm asking about the sensor part which lets the pilot perceive outside world (camera, radar, lidar, infrared sensor, etc.).
Even with bullshit armour the connection with outside world is the biggest weakness of an object.
>>
>>155613212
>it would also be unable to get any electromagnetic signal, so it would have effectively no comms with the outside.

This is the future, could probably do some kind of laser commuication system.
>>
>>155613442
The onion armor is pretty much a combination of advanced heat-resistant ceramics and highly conductive metal. It's less about outright resisting damage and more about letting it tanking it enough to let the Object remain functional. The nukes melted the armor where it hit, but it still has enough armor remaining to let the pilot survive and continuing fighting with the rest of its weapons.
>>
>>155613391

I think the question was more or less about strategic viability but maybe I just think that because I think arguing about tech that doesn't exist is boring.
>>
>>155613599
Or it vents out the heat somehow. You make it sound like those are the only two options here.
>>
>>155613639
And said connection was exploited in the LN and in the bonus episodes of the anime. What's your point?
>>
>>155613724
She's sitting on a generator that provides her with more energy than a nuke, as >>155613041 said. There would need to be huge holes in the armor for sufficient heat transfer to take place. This means that the object is no longer invulnerable.
>>
>>155605847
retard
>>
>>155613724
If heat can get out, heat can get in.
>>
>>155613807
That the object survived a nuke and remained operable as the beginning of the object era?
>>
>>155613819
All we know is that there is a cooling system but almost no info is given. I can't really answer your question as Heavy Object LN is less about being autisticly correct about how technology works and more about two idiots blowing Objects up.
>>
>>155613807
The point is that said connection can be easily destroyed with modern weaponry, so the objects could never work.
>>
>>155613907
It's probably built into the armor plating.
>>
>>155613869
You have to realize, modern nukes have been made to be less radioactive and more explosive. Using the equivalent of a Cobalt Bomb would turn the entire Object into mobile radioactive disaster, which is very bad if the Object makes landfall.
>>
>>155613939

What about external observational systems, like satellite-based or something, with info directed to the object via >>155613662 or something?

Or quantum entanglement communications?
>>
>>155613939
Right, just tell me which of the modern weaponry and how for it to be able to get close enough to the Object to work.
>>
>>155614004
The sensors would still be fried.
>>
>>155614007
If the info cannot get to the object, then the laser system is moot.
For the info to get into the object, it has to get through the armor.
In order for it to get through the armor, sensors are necessary.
>>
>>155614067
Yeah, all you have to do is to somehow hit the Object first with a nuclear missile.
>>
>>155614048
Nuke mines.
>>
>>155614048
EMP will fuck up any modern sensor, so I'm asking what bullshit sensors they have.
>>
>>155614007
>quantum entanglement
Now we're talking.
>>
>>155612806

That's literally the worst option possible.

Those retards like Gundam.
>>
>>155614138
How big would they have to be to affect the entire Object and what kind of stealth system are you employing to hide it from sensors?

>>155614149
No idea. I would presume it has a lot of them placed all over the Object.
>>
>>155612989
>Military engineer here
>It can also be rendered useless by an EMP.

Cool lies dude.

Even modern tanks are immune to EMP.
>>
>>155614246
At least Gundam is realistic.
>>
>>155614312
Well memed.
>>
>>155614136
>Yeah, all you have to do is to somehow hit the Object first with a nuclear missile.
Pretty easy, it is big and you don't need a direct hit.
>>
>>155614253
Not him, but
>How big would they have to be to affect the entire Object
Not really all that big, sensors are easy to damage.
>what kind of stealth system are you employing to hide it from sensors
Enclose it within a Faraday cage that's easy to break and make the bomb go off when its pressure sensor gets triggered.
Though it would require a fairly dense minefield and wouldn't wok against flying ones.
>>
>>155611883
Just have mobile laser and rail gun batteries in choke points or put them on ships and planes to destroy the objects
>>
File: project pluto.jpg (146KB, 1296x720px) Image search: [Google]
project pluto.jpg
146KB, 1296x720px
This is your daily reminder that we can build god tier super weapons with current technology that would completely blow everything the fuck out but we don't because it would just be 2 cool and we have to wait for the aliens to show up first.
>>
File: orion battleship1.png (243KB, 1200x908px) Image search: [Google]
orion battleship1.png
243KB, 1200x908px
>>155614771
>>
>>155614309
Their sensors aren't though.
>>
The sensors are a major weakness of Objects. Since their armour is clearly not their main defence, they are stuck with active defences. The heavy armouring also meant there is no alternative to using cameras to see the outside.

Even if a nuke can't destroy an Object, it would instantly fry all its censors. The pilot would lose all his or her ability to even know what is outside. That would also completely remove laser defences. The Object then just becomes a spherical bombing target.
>>
>>155607892
What if i have a shitton of money because `merica
>>
>>155611784
are they impervious to objects being throw at them from earth orbit?
>>
>>155614967
>What if i have a shitton of money because `merica
Then you would not use Objects. There is a reason why Japan and Germany dreamed of superweapons, they didn't have the resources to just overwhelm the enemy. If you have the resource advantage then you just win by superior numbers.
>>
>>155614253
>I would presume it has a lot of them placed all over the Object.
Doesn't help at all.
>>
>>155615018
But why wouldn't i shoot hypersonic nuclear missiles at artillery pieces?
>>
>>155611150
>The same reactor that can just be put into a laser gun platform, which can be easily concealed and fire upon an Object that can't defend itself in time?
You have a hard time concealing something with the magic reactor. And you might want some armor on that gun platform as well.
And while you're at it, you might want to drive it arond too, because otherwise you are wasting the investment in the reactor.
At that point you already have an Object.
>>
>>155614965
You still havent told me how you get the nuke anywhere near the object.
>>
>>155615526
I dig under it and place a nuke there.
>>
>>155612215
>You need the reactor to power that gun anyways. And if it's not protected inside an object it's a crazy easy target.
>At that point it's just easier to make an abject.
The reactor could be orders of magnitude smaller (and cheaper) if it doesn't have to levitate and propel something as massive as an Object.
>>
>>155615897
No, it can't be scaled down at all.
It comes in one size and one size only.
>>
>>155614771

Just imagine how public would react if they announced building something like it or objects.

You would have demonstrations about muh weapons or murder and muh billions of $ when you could feed Africa.
>>
>>155614965

They have like 3 layers of backup sensors in case the main ones go down.
>>
>>155614984

No. They just fuck those up before they can reach them.
>>
>>155616198
Object-based warfare is preferable over "real" war.
Which is why everyone wants Q&H dead.
>>
>>155615018

Remember when battleships were superweapons and everybody USA included was making them.

Objects just work and politicians love them since they don't need to send thousands of soldiers to their death. Wars with objects are more like sport.
>>
>>155615897

You can't make a mini fusion reactor.

Just like stars too small just don't become stars.
>>
>>155615526
I have a platoon of submarines fire a staggered barrage of surface-skimming cruise missiles equipped with stealth coating which airburst within a mile of the Object, disabling its sensors. I also spent a 1000 times less money than the enemy.
>>
>>155615526
But it already happened in the show, but the author was too retarded to understand that the armour wouldn't protect the sensors.
>>
>>155616535
>When a certain island nation presented the first of those weapons, the rest of the world feared it and an allied force from 14 other countries carried out a combined surprise attack on the prototype Object… The Object repelled them all. At the end of the battle, a nuclear strike was carried out over the Pacific Ocean, but the scene of the Object continuing to sink the allied fleet while half of it was melting like ice under the hot sun was in every history textbook.
Note that it was a prototype and that it was winning even after being nuked.
>>
>>155605847

Tanks have been bordering on obsolete since the air-to-ground anti-missile reached maturity - they pretty much exist as dedicated tank destroyers for the purpose of defending mobile SAM launchers, and even in this role they serve as mere back ups should air superiority be lost.

Tank = Wank.

>>155606008

sure, that's why the best UFC champions are all amputees right?
>>
>>155616387
>You can't make a mini fusion reactor.
Wrong.
>Just like stars too small just don't become stars.
But fusion reactors nowadays can be way smaller than that and still work. The size is no longer an issue because stars need to be big enough to have sufficient pressure and temperature in their core to start the fusion whereas nuclear reactors produce the heat and pressure to start nuclear reaction (then some of the power is used for sustaining fusion while some can be used for whatever you want).
>>
>>155616672
Yeah, that's why author is retarded, it would be useless without its sensors.
>>
>>155616673
>sure, that's why the best UFC champions are all amputees right?
Nice analogy.
>>
>>155616775
So why would it not have a nuke-proof backup system?
Why would this be out of reach when there's already magical super power plants and near impenetrable armor folded over 1000000000 times?
>>
>>155615342
Except better designed because I wouldn't make it a large ball and I wouldn't make it a hovercraft, and I wouldn't necessitate it to move at speeds that would kill pilots and engine alike, and I wouldn't make cooling impossible, and I would actually design it in a way that it would actually work as intended.
>>
>>155616222
That doesn't help them when the backup sensors need to be exposed just like the main sensors in order to function.
>>
>>155616853
Your backup sensors system would have to be inside the armor in order to be nuke-proof. Then there's the logistical issue of how to move those sensors outside of your (damaged) armor after you've been nuked.
>>
>>155616853
You can handwave everything in SF in this fashion, that's not what the thread is about.
>>
>>155616888
You basically just want the untransformed Deep Optical.
>>
Isn't this a case of "Saitama vs Goku" here?

I mean, if they can create magical power sources and magical armors, why would magical sensors and magical wireless transmission be impossible within the universe? The author can easily escalate the level of technology to be as convenient as it can be, so it's bloody pointless to compare it to real life tech.

At that point, the details of the Object itself is only relevant in that if it looks cool enough to blow up or not.
>>
>>155616814

I'm an expert at anal, that's how I graduated top of my analogy class!
>>
Also, on the topic of destroying sensors, a nuke would, at the very least, warp every single exposed barrel on the Object. Not only would it be blind; its fangs would be pulled.
>>
>>155617022
>Isn't this a case of "Saitama vs Goku" here?
It's "how do we defeat Accelerator?" all over again, because everyone is so focused on beating the armor on an Object that they ignore that the things aren't stationary, but they move and shoot too.
>>
>>155617185
Note quite. People aren't trying to defeat Objects. They are trying to point out that its defense isn't realistic and objects would be wastes of money under real battlefield conditions.
>>
>>155617185
>It's "how do we defeat Accelerator?" all over again
Nah you're gonna have to wait until Blood Sign for the power level arguments to be revived.
>>
File: HO_v07_378.png (606KB, 1044x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HO_v07_378.png
606KB, 1044x1600px
>>155617317
Yes, but the armor is only the least significant part of the defense.
There's been an Object that skipped the armor near entirely. Not that it mattered, because it was functionally invincible.
>>
>>155617185
You don't need to defeat the armor; you just have to blind it and/or take out its weapons, which is relatively inexpensive to do.
>>
>>155617477
But how?
You keep ignoring that it can vaporize nearly anything it detects.
>>
>>155616198
From what I remember, the US had realize that even the mere acknowledgement of the existence of this project would have been enough to provoke the Soviet Union to start a nuclear war.
>>
>>155617526
See >>155616405
>>
>>155617103
That's assuming it hits. Of course, I'm more amused how everyone had lumped sensors into a singular object of some sort, or that a world with laser-propulsion system for spaceships and moon colonies wouldn't have been able to develop some future EMP-proof/resistant sensors.
>>
>>155617594
Yeah, so the missiles still have to fly for 20 to 40 kilometers.
Plenty of time to just point a laser at them and shoot them.
>>
>>155614771
That's the weapon that funnels its nuclear explosion to a relevant fraction of c, isn't it?
>>
>>155617594
And why couldn't an Object detect these submarines?
>>
>>155617734
see
>>155616973
>>
>>155617734
>lumped sensors into a singular object
It's like you phone, You can't receive calls if you don't have it with you.
>>
>>155617734
I mean you can blast it until it exhausts all of its backup sensors.
>>
>>155617734
Sensors rely on electromagnetic waves. If an Object's armor is everything-proof, that means a sensor inside the armor would not be able to send or receive electromagnetic waves from outside the armor. Thus, the sensor would have to be outside the armor. The explosive force of the nuke destroys the unarmored sensors, and also conveniently the barrels of all the Object's weapons.
>>155617760
>stealth equipped
>surface skimming
>>155617807
Line of sight.
>>
>>155617807
>And why couldn't an Object detect these submarines?
Because an Object is easier to detect than a submarine, so the submarine will be able to target the Object at a longer distance.
>>
>>155617837
And it ultimately comes down to 'The LN's idea of an Object is in no way possible with current modern technology.' If we have to build one with modern technology, the final result cannot be called an Object since they will be nothing alike whatsoever. It's just something vaguely similar to an Object but without all the things that makes it an Object.

>>155617838
I'm talking more about how sensors is a catch-all terms and how there's no difference between the many ways to detect/analyze things.
>>
>>155617957
You are gonna notice that a missile is there, these things have hot pressurized gas coming out of their backside, it's how they move.
Then you just point a bunch of lasers in that general direction and fire until you can confirm hits.
While doing all that you just drive away, Objects are quite fast.
>>
>>155618024
>And it ultimately comes down to 'The LN's idea of an Object is in no way possible with current modern technology.'
No, what it comes down to is that Object technology lead to far more lethal offensive capability than defensive. That with slight boosts, the enhanced future weapons would easily take out Object sensors and render it inoperable.
>>
>>155618023
The entire point of the second arc of the first volume is that Objects can detect underwater vehicles. It was a constant battle between stealth and detection, and it required immense focus/money on both sides to stay ahead if just a little bit.
>>
>>155618024
Not really, those threads are about trying to extrapolate how useful it would be given all the info on objects we have. It's just fun and that's why some anons like to do it, if you don't like it, don't participate in the threads.
>>
>>155618024
Sensors need to be delicate objects to give valuable information.
Nothing delicate survives big explosions.
Normally that's not much of an issue because most military vehicles are not armored well enough to survive nukes either. The sensors are dead, but so are the people supposed to read the information delivered by the sensors.

However now that you have equipped your object with such a huge defense, the sensors still need to be delicate and vulnerable, otherwise they can't do their job of "sensing" things.
>>
>>155618119
>The entire point of the second arc of the first volume is that Objects can detect underwater vehicles. It was a constant battle between stealth and detection, and it required immense focus/money on both sides to stay ahead if just a little bit.
Being undetected can be done by simply not being a giant ball.
>>
>>155618113
You keep saying that word 'sensor', so tell me, just what kind of sensors are you talking about here?
>>
>>155618024
>I'm talking more about how sensors is a catch-all terms and how there's no difference between the many ways to detect/analyze things.
Which sensor is able to withstand nuke/EMP?
>>
>>155618158
>However now that you have equipped your object with such a huge defense, the sensors still need to be delicate and vulnerable, otherwise they can't do their job of "sensing" things.
And because of the thick defences, there is no real way to stick periscopes out. So even though modern tanks can still function without sensors, Objects can't,
>>
>>155618197
Hulk.
>>
>>155618197
How do you nuke an Object?
>>155616405 isn't gonna cut it.
>>
>>155618181
>You keep saying that word 'sensor', so tell me, just what kind of sensors are you talking about here?
Everything that allows the pilot to know what the fuck is outside his Object. Radar, video cameras, scanners, terrain, everything that a pilot needs to pilot.
>>
>>155618091
And at supersonic velocities with irregular trajectories, you will still have difficulty pinpointing the source.
>>
>>155605438
Mariydy manga/novel spinof when?
>>
>>155618197
Camera's.
>>
>>155618181
Every type of sensor needs to be connected to outside world to receive any type of info. Therefore you can't cover it in armour. Therefore it's easy to destroy.
>>
>>155618282
You point the lasers in the general direction and sweep until you confirm a hit.
I doubt that the missile operators are any good at STGs.
>>
>>155616969

They don't. That's why objects have onion armor. Those are layers upon layers that can transfer energy without cables.

Objects have backup sensors under layers of armor that can be quickly removed.
>>
>>155618264
And all of them can be knocked out by EMP? And that no existing modern technology we have now are EMP hardened/resistant/proof?
>>
File: 1491153143510.jpg (67KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491153143510.jpg
67KB, 452x640px
>>155618297
Honestly if any Kamachi character deserves one right now it's her. I still can't tell if it's a coincidence that this volume is coming out the same year as Ace Combat 7.
>>
File: It IS shitposting.jpg (310KB, 750x850px) Image search: [Google]
It IS shitposting.jpg
310KB, 750x850px
>>155618304
>Camera's.
>>
>>155617185

The funny thing is that armor is not even that effective vs object weapons.

This is why objects either concentrate on very high speed movement to evade attacks or have some weird methods of attack and defense like bending lasers or gravity manipulation.
>>
>>155618304
You mean the digital kind that relies on electronics or the traditional kind that famously turns black when exposed to radioactivity?
>>
>>155606605 >>155605990
That's why I was talking about dehumanize the humans.
If we were able to make our soldiers into animal-like cyborgs, it would be better.
The only thing useful in humans are the hands.
>>
>>155618337
And the point is that you need to hit them. EMP still requires the device to get to the Object to its effective distance in the first place. The Object has the range of 10s to 100s (maybe even more depending on which Object) of KMs and is highly mobile.
>>
>>155617441

That Martini girl quickly realized that they can fuck it up with glass shells.
>>
>>155618397
>And all of them can be knocked out by EMP? And that no existing modern technology we have now are EMP hardened/resistant/proof?
No, they are not. That is why scouting robots die in Fukushima. The radiation fries the cameras. You can't shield the radiation because you would block the sensors.

As others said, the only reason it hadn't mattered is that usually the crew would be dead. But assuming you build an Object, the pilot would live but he or she would have zero visibility, not sound, no communication with HQ, and would be piloting blind with no means to see the outside.
>>
>>155618384
How did they get buried in the armor without getting fried?
>>
>>155618181

Autism is hell of a debilitation.
Any sensor. Any. There's a reason why 'go for the eyes' is eternally popular.
>>
>>155618457
Prove me wrong. Tell me how camera's aren't considered a type of sensor or that we don't have EMP-proof/resistant electronics currently available.
>>
>>155618469
So why are they spherical?
>>
>>155618238
Faraday cage mine with pressure sensor inside.
Blind sensors with dust cloud.
Overload defences with enough dummy missiles.
Or just use EMP instead.
>>
>>155618373
In the few seconds you have between detection and detonation, you're not going to be able to sweep the entire area to hit dozens of missiles.
>>
Objects are basically Dreadnaughts.

Tons of weapons and tons of armor, very little utility outside of destruction and tanking. Obsoleted in WWII
>>
>>155618516
Object only has the range of line of sight so just hide EMP devices in ravines, underground, etc.
>>
>>155616405
>I have a platoon of submarines
>I also spent a 1000 times less money than the enemy.

One Ohio class submarine costs 2b $ per unit. It's modern replacement is going to cost 4b $ per unit.

One object costs 5b $ + 1b $ for the elite.

How exactly did you spend 1000 less again?

And no, a massed missile strike won't stop an object. And in case you don't know they use missiles that fuck up sensors in the series. And far more advanced shit too. It's still not enough to disable laser CIWS.
>>
>>155618641
>Sea skimming anti-ship missiles try to fly as low as is practically achievable, which is almost always below 50 meters (150 ft), and is often down towards 5 meters (15 ft). When under attack, a warship can detect sea-skimming missiles only once they appear over the horizon (about 28 to 46 km from the ship), allowing about 25 to 60 seconds of warning
25 to 60 seconds are plenty to cover every single missile sized part of the horizon in lasers.
>>
>>155618667
No it doesn't. It's been done repeatedly that Objects can detect and engage beyond line of slight.
>>
>>155616695
>Wrong

That's how it is with the tech level in the series. They just can't miniaturize those reactors yet.
>>
>>155618569
>or that we don't have EMP-proof/resistant electronics currently available.
We do, if fully hidden in Faraday cage (but you have to take them out of it to connenct to outside world).
>>
>>155618741
Ships are on the sea, that is, on flat territory.
>>
>>155618828
So are the Objects in this particular
scenario.
Otherwise how are you gonna do that fancy ass sea skimming?
>>
Objects would be impractical obviously, but what about spider bots? They seem like they could be pretty fast if they were light enough.

>>155614771
>>155614813
What are these?
>>
>>155618536

Armor is modular.

There is even an object covered in many layers of reactive armor it can shed.

Or another that has an army of tiny drones between those armor layers that work constantly repairing it.
>>
>>155618885
You are the one who said sea-skimming.
The other guy said surface-skimming.
>>
>>155618404
wait there will be another mariydi novel? source?
>>
>>155618580

Because of the reactor.
>>
>>155618795
They don't use fusion but some magic that produces near-infinite energy.
>>
>>155618921
Anon, Objects are very fast.
>>
>>155618736
>One object costs 5b $ + 1b $ for the elite
Sweet, sweet future deflation. In that case, my submarine probably costs somewhere in the million range.
>massed missile strike won't stop an object
I'm talking nukes. A depending on the payload, it can blow up between 1 and 5 miles and destroy or disable anything that isn't armored by the onion shell.
>>155618741
Those are subsonic missiles; I'm talking supersonic.
>>155618791
What, can they curve their lasers?
>>
>>155618963
You been sleeping under a rock, anon?
http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-892835-9/
>>
>>155619021
Were talking about real life here though
>>
>>155618921
I don't think we are nearly far enough yet to think about spiders. They are not yet disproven, but they require way better tech than what we have.
>>
>>155618814
I'm more curious why a camera can't be placed beneath the armor with a heavy EMP-proof/hardened shutter in between to immediately close at the immediate detection of radiation.
>>
>>155619027
>What, can they curve their lasers?
Yes, they can.
Didn't you know?
>>
>>155619021
Magical engines are not practical.
>>
>>155619027

In case you don't know objects are just 50m tall. The largest ones are 100m long. They are smaller than ships.
>>
>>155618933
>>Armor is modular.
>
>There is even an object covered in many layers of reactive armor it can shed.
Just blast it till all sensor layers are depleted.
Or go the sensible route and sabotage the fuck out of it.
But somehow only 1 person in the whole world is intelligent enough.
>>
>>155619056
Eh, I had to take 7 exams in two months. I'm hyped as fuck.
>>
>>155618982
No, I mean why aren't they tear shaped?
>>
>>155619027
>I'm talking nukes
A nuke on a missile is still a missile.
>>
>>155605438
We literally wanted an entire series that highlighted their weakness to sabotage and frogmen teams you dope.
>>
File: we alpha centaury now.png (244KB, 1200x908px) Image search: [Google]
we alpha centaury now.png
244KB, 1200x908px
>>155617780

No that's the one that flies in the atmosphere for decades spewing radioactive fumes and occasionally descending to blast survivors with supersonic shock waves.
That is of course, long after it has deployed gorillion nukes.

This is the relativistic "hit me with all you got i aint gonna stop" fellow you were thinking about.
>>
File: 1491302063012.jpg (251KB, 1147x823px) Image search: [Google]
1491302063012.jpg
251KB, 1147x823px
>>155619149
We're waiting for spoilers at the moment but the nips are asleep.
>>
>>155619145
The world went through the whole commando phase and it turned out that Object jousting is preferable to actual war.
>>
>>155619145

Many people actually try to sabotage them or kill pilots. The problem is it's hard as fuck.

Hell, there is one object that can detect human heartbeat from km away and then instantly vaporize you with lasers.
>>
>>155619027
>What, can they curve their lasers?
Oh anon, they can do a lot of bullshit things. Curving lasers is one of the least impressive things they had done.
>>
>>155619166
Were they using stealth-equipped supersonic surface-skimming missiles or plain old boring missiles?
>>
>>155619271
>or kill pilots
As with the last few volumes, good luck with that. They're basically super soldiers like Captain America, but with even more bullshit tacked on.
>>
>>155619091
You won't detect EMP before you get hit by it.
I'm not sure how fast the analogue cameras get destroyed, but when you close the shutter you are blind and susceptible to nukes that will destroy your weapons.
>>
>>155619163

Few actually are. But sphere is most common since reactors have the shape of a Doughnut and takes most of the space inside the sphere
>>
>>155619271

>detect heartbeat from km away
That's quite sensitive hearing there. Would be a pity if someone popped a firecracker.
>>
>>155619271
>Many people actually try to sabotage them or kill pilots. The problem is it's hard as fuck.
>
>Hell, there is one object that can detect human heartbeat from km away and then instantly vaporize you with lasers.
Obviously meant when they are being repaired, being built, etc.
>>
>>155619364

They do actually.
>>
>>155619277
If it was plasma accelerated to hypervelocity, it would make sense, but the problem is that the mechanism to curve a beam of plasma would involve massive magnetic fields, which would have a whole lot of other effects.
>>
>>155619409

Unless it's a very special case serious maintenance happens in bases protected by objects.

One volume is about a base like that.
>>
>>155619355
Right, only for that one moment, but that's only assuming something was able to get a weapon large enough to affect an Object close to it. The point is that there are many work-around for EMPs. It doesn't have to be just out there, like a target screaming 'Hit me!'.
>>
File: 564.jpg (55KB, 327x459px) Image search: [Google]
564.jpg
55KB, 327x459px
>>155619271
>Many people actually try to sabotage them or kill pilots. The problem is it's hard as fuck.
I feel sorry for anyone who attempted to assassinate Skuld and ended up in her funhouse instead.
>>
>>155619456
>If it was plasma accelerated to hypervelocity

That also happens.

>massive magnetic fields

And this too.

Shit, there is a gravity manipulating object that creates so much microwaves as a side effect it kills people in like 5km radius.
>>
>>155619235
Good luck with gentlemen's agreement in real world situation. You'd get nations blowing out building sites and blaming it on terrorists.
>>
>>155619523
>I feel sorry for anyone who attempted to assassinate Skuld and ended up in her funhouse instead.
So amusing that Object pilots are suppose to be superhuman, and yet it is assumed that the assassins wouldn't be.
>>
File: HO_v09_193.jpg (303KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HO_v09_193.jpg
303KB, 1120x1600px
>>155619338
>even more bullshit tacked on.
Like the one who can tell when people are looking at her.
>>
>>155619456
Talking about Laser Cracker 001 and its Dye Lasers.
>>
>>155619491
>one moment
Radiation lasts a bit longer than that. Long enough for nukes to get there and fry weapon systems.
Then it's gg no re.
>>
>>155619581

They kind of stopped with commando crap because Gen 1 objects were equipped with so much anti conventional army weapons whey could clear cities in minutes.

The reason why those tactics work again is because Gen 2 are often too specialized in one direction ignoring too much stuff on the way.

And since conventional army was useless for decades they are underfunded and under trained.
>>
>>155619623
Probably because if someone is good enough to fight an Elite Pilot one on one, you might as well make them an Object pilot as well.
>>
>>155619623
Unless we get a volume about super assassins, your best bet is waiting for them to take vacation in a safe country.
>>
>>155619487
Well what you do when you are still developing your first (or even second the first can't be online 25/7) object?
>>
>>155619742
They didn't make Mariydi an object pilot
>>
>>155619671
Pretty much. Around here is when we realize Elite Pilots are super soldiers, not just pilots.
>>
>>155619728
You still don't get that it's about attacking when objects are being developed/maintained?
>>
>>155619623

It costs 1 billion $ to make one elite. A squad of 5 would cost as much as an object.

And against an object with shit like Killer Squall they would just get obliterated instantly.
>>
>>155619809
She didn't want to and her nation didn't want her to either.
>>
>>155619851
So how do you get someone near a large scale Object maintenance/construction base?
>>
File: 1451350003365.jpg (110KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451350003365.jpg
110KB, 620x375px
If someone asked me "Why did the real-giant-robot trope die out?" I would just point them to this thread and say "here's why".
>>
>>155619777

That's why only the 4 world powers have objects. And they have a lot of them.

There is that arc when one state tried to make it's own object and all 4 powers ganged on them instantly.
>>
>>155619857
>It costs 1 billion $ to make one elite. A squad of 5 would cost as much as an object.
Well that's why you don't send Elites after Elites. You just murder everyone up in the command structure. Assuming they are invincible as you claim, it should be easy.
>>
All I see is people mentioning the fact of "How do they stay operational after getting hit with nukes" and the replies to that are "Super plated armor, next:

> But what about muh sensors, le EMP
Most objects cut off connection to the outside except for core functioning. And next:

> But muh real life
The problem is objects legit may as well have magic generators, of course they can't be built in real life, we don't have magic generators and we certainly don't have the funding to blow on multiple objects not to mention the time to reconstruct them if they take damage. It would be a waste of money. Maybe 80 years in the future we'll see tanks with super plated armor and magic generators but not now. Besides that everything that takes place in HO is fiction so it's pointless to compare it to real life.
>>
>>155619890
The way sabotage worked for centuries.
>>
>>155619809

That is a very special case.
>>
>>155619851
To be fair, it was a conspiracy to create the Age of Objects. Although I'm sure enough veteran soldiers died in the initial attack by the first Objects that they didn't want to risk sending any untested conventional troops when the next Object decides to raze a city with its FUCKHUGE laser beams.
>>
>>155619933
>Most objects cut off connection to the outside except for core functioning.
No, we see mentions of sensors. Anyway it would be stupid, they would be useless without any connection to outside world.
>>
>>155619933

HO is actually very realistic when it comes to military tech and how it works. Kamachi really does his research on this one.

The only fictional thing is the magic super reactor that led to the creation of objects.
>>
>>155619933
>Besides that everything that takes place in HO is fiction so it's pointless to compare it to real life.
Most of the threads is about exploiting the weakness of objects as they are shown n the books, not comparing to real world. Anyway if you think comparing it to real life is pointless then why did you even come to this thread.
>>
>>155620064
>The only fictional thing is the magic super reactor that led to the creation of objects.
No, it's the three things that make Objects what they are.

Energy, Propulsion and Defense.
If you can accept these everything else is plausible at least and I'd go a step further and say that with these Objects are the logical conclusion.
>>
EMP is not magic.

There are already military scout vehicles in use today that are invulnerable to EMP. And yes, they have sensors that are also immune to it.

I don't see why that should be a problem 150 years in the future.
>>
>>155618297
Just play whatever Ace Combat you like.
>>
>>155611115
Think a copy of ITER with legs and a huge cannon attached.
>Physics does not work that way, anon.
Now it does
>>
>>155620030
I'm sure they figured out a way around that considering they have spaceships, moon colonies and underwater Objects that can lie on the bottom of the ocean.
>>
>>155620202
Will Pixy show up to harass Mariydi again?
>>
>>155620064
>The only fictional thing is the magic super reactor that led to the creation of objects.
And magic armour, magic propulsion systems, magic cooling, magic humans, magic weapon/sensor systems.
>>
>>155620222
A way around you being wrong and not knowing source material? They'd need at least 250 years of heavy R&D for that.
>>
>>155620178
Even if the sensor is immune to EMP, a nuclear explosion will still shatter the lens/face/receiver.
>>
>>155620256
> Magic armor
Super plated, not exactly magic

> Magic propulsion systems
Comes from the generator more or less but meh

> Magic cooling
Source = My ass

> Magic humans
Genetically modified, I guess I'll give you that one

> Magic weapon/sensor systems
I'll give you that too

The issue is Objects are based around essential super magic generators, if they weren't 90% of their functions wouldn't be available and you may as well have Girls Und Panzer.
>>
>>155620178
Post proof my man. The only thing I know of are human-operated vehicles that also have some analogue way of viewing outside world.
>>
>>155620431
>>
>The issue is Objects are based around essential super magic generators, if they weren't 90% of their functions wouldn't be available
It goes much further than that.
If that didn't exist, there would be no reason to build an Object. The magic reactor always produces a set amount of energy, never more, never less.
>>
>>155620528
Where's the disagreement? I legit agree, without the magic generator you may as well have no object.
>>
>>155620431
>> Magic cooling
>Source = My ass
Unless their magic power source has efficacy of 1, they also need magic cooling system (because impenetrable armour stands in the way of cooling the power source.
>>
>>155620431
>Super plated, not exactly magic
>Object armor is also treated with a special powder that gives it a high-heat resistance and reactive ability

>Magic propulsion systems
>The Object floats through a combination of static electricity and a special static electricity repellent sprayed on the ground

>Magic cooling
When you generate energy on the magnitude of an Object, you generate heat in proportion to that. That heat has to go somewhere.
>>
>>155620371
>They'd need at least 250 years of heavy R&D for that.
I don't recall spaceships.
Moon colonies are a plot point in HO6, HO8 is nothing but the boys fighting a an underwater Object.
>>
>>155620678
>Where's the disagreement? I legit agree, without the magic generator you may as well have no object.
As I mentioned earlier, I would have no problems with Objects if they get some kind of energy-dependent forcefield. The author tried to do without it in order to be different from other mecha, but he had to compromise so much more to get that.
>>
>>155620751
>The author tried to do without it in order to be different from other mecha
Kamachi does everything differently.
>>
>>155620852
I'm not him tho
>>
File: 1489983924955.png (276KB, 339x421px) Image search: [Google]
1489983924955.png
276KB, 339x421px
Remember that one time where Q&H defeated an object with milk and lemons?
>>
>>155605438
Isn't one of the weakpoints of Objects that, because of their massive size and treads, any landscape that isn't a field or tundra completely secure? I feel like I remember one battle happening in a mountainous area.

Also, I wasn't too crazy about her while it was airing, but god damn do I want to impregnate Frolaytia
>>
>>155620718#
>>They'd need at least 250 years of heavy R&D for that.
This was just me making fun of you, because you were shown wrong in >>155620030 and then tried to damage control by going on a non-related tangent that has nothing to do with you not knowing the source material.
>>
>>155620030
That's why I said core functioning, they probably still have some form of communication for connecting with people. External sensors for defense would be rendered useless after getting cracked with a nuke which doesn't exactly matter if you shoot down the nuke first anyway so eh.

>>155620064
Agreed for the most part but sometimes he can be a little retarded when it comes to how so and so work due to the magic generators. Like where the fuck is the cooling system? How do objects pierce each other when they equally have Atoms thick of armors?

>>155620138
Except objects aren't supposed to have weaknesses besides themselves, nukes don't even finish the job 99% of the time.
>>
>>155620939
refer to >>155620885
>>
>>155620957
>Except objects aren't supposed to have weaknesses besides themselves, nukes don't even finish the job 99% of the time.
Nukes finish the job. They remove the Object's ability to see or hear.
>>
>>155605438
Garbage. It makes more sense to put the weapons on a stationary fortress.
>>
>>155620969
So why would you go a non-related tangent in a response to post in which I told him that what he posted is completely wrong, as explicitly stated in the source material?
>>
File: HO_v06_16.jpg (469KB, 1064x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HO_v06_16.jpg
469KB, 1064x1600px
>>155621033
Get out.
We are not doing this again.
>>
>>155607558
All you have to do is deform the projectile and it will spiral madly off course.
>>
>>155621020
1st generation objects made nukes look like feather dusters though, they literally kept on trucking.
>>
>>155621245
Which is impossible, unless we add magic sensors.
Author fucked up.
>>
>>155621245
>1st generation objects made nukes look like feather dusters though, they literally kept on trucking.
That just meant more than one nuke is needed.

And don't forget my previous post of just using potential pilots as assassins. Apparently they are invincible? Then it makes sense to just murder the enemy government.
>>
>>155621309
STILL waiting on that whole "how do you get nukes to the object" thing.
>>
>>155621355
They already did, did you not watch/read it?
>>
>>155608434
> Well just nuke it lol
And what happens if the object is within 100 miles of living things? Cue SpongeBob.Wediditpatrick.exe.jpg.scr
>>
>>155621396
It's a footnote in the prologue of the first volume.
Hardly something worth talking about.

And clearly nobody using nukes anymore, so they can't be all that viable.
>>
>>155621396
They let it hit that time just to prove the nuke has been surpassed
>>
>>155621431
>And what happens if the object is within 100 miles of living things?
Then bomb the enemy government.
>>
>>155608358
If you need to expend a nuclear weapon to destroy a target and its still operational you've lost. Not to mention

>muh onion armor

Plus they've shown that object can still operate (at a severely reduced level) after being hit by a asteroid (which happened to be an object). Assuming our reality had the tech to make the anime's objects they would be the defacto method of conducting war.
>>
>>155621484
>If you need to expend a nuclear weapon to destroy a target and its still operational you've lost.
Not when the nuke is cheaper than the enemy weapon.

This isn't true in reality because few real life targets are worth a nuke, but it is true with Objects.
>>
>>155621478
Doesn't change >>155621309
>>
>>155621355
Solution, send multiple nukes towards the Object, problem solved. However this is impractical since it causes more radiation/pollution than necessary so they said "Fuck it we're done with that bs idea". A singular nuke would easily get shot down by an Object though.

>>155621309
I don't think magic sensors are necesary but nonetheless if an Object gets bashed with nukes repeatedly the sensors are rendered useless time and time again, but again though if you can shoot down the nuke you can retain communications and so forth. I don't know if I'm misinterpreting anything either with this next point since I haven't read the LN in awhile either but Objects are EMP proof, meaning they would have no form of communications, however they still have some form of core sensors which completely makes the EMP proof point void. Kamachi really goofed desu.
>>
>>155621578
>I don't think magic sensors are necesary
They are, because Object remained operational after direct nuke hit.
>>
>>155621331
I don't think the pilots are invincible, just genetically modified to handle the Object or so forth. You do have Ace Combat fighters like Mariydi but I won't get into that.
>>
>>155621666
>I don't think the pilots are invincible, just genetically modified to handle the Object or so forth. You do have Ace Combat fighters like Mariydi but I won't get into that.
My point is that it is claimed that the pilots are impossible to kill. So are they killable or not?

If they are killable then they are the easiest targets. They are practically the weakest part of Objects. If they are not killable then you can murder nations with them.
>>
Since manga translations probably never, anyone have the link to the LN pastebin?
>>
>>155612005
To be fair the onion armor is an objects last line of defense. The way in which they're designed to defend is by anticipating hits (by having sensors that detect the minute movements of the enemy objects targeting system) and either dodging them at the last second or damaging the attack medium causing it to miss.
>>
>>155621837
Manga translations stopped after the 1st volume of HO, there's still 3 Volumes of both HO S & A to translate but again probably never.
>>
>>155621837
>>155621928
The manga ended where the anime did so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>155621715
They are killable in that pilots that isn't Putana are still susceptible to sneak attacks. But in a direct confrontation, they are essentially Captain America.
>>
>>155621715
Of course they aren't invincible, if Objects couldn't take every form of abuse besides other Objects then I'm sure they would be fried too if a nuke could bypass the armor. Their just genetically modified to pilot the Object more efficiently or some shit.
>>
>>155622013
>They are killable in that pilots that isn't Putana are still susceptible to sneak attacks. But in a direct confrontation, they are essentially Captain America.
They are expensive enough to be worth killing then. Hope they enjoy living inside an Object full time.
>>
>>155621355
It's already been explained, you just conveniently assume radar will pick up dozens of minute signatures and bring the point defense lasers to bear within a few seconds.
>>
>>155622096
They kinda do. Objects are custom-made to ensure the inside of their Object is the best of all possible place for them to be. They're expected to be NEETS inside those things.
>>
>>155622096
>Hope they enjoy living inside an Object full time.
they do.
>>
>>155622096
They've got security up the ass. Hell, Hime and co. had a party with the information alliance in volume 4.
>>
>>155621979
It took 3 manga adaptions to reach 24 episodes of content? Wow. I don't think it'll get any more manga adaptions in the future either so meh, rip seeing illustrated Mariydi in the manga.
>>
>>155618113
> I can pinpoint a 1mm sized target at 200 miles and hit it squarely while the target is capable of 300kph and 15G maneuvers
For an armchair general you sure suck at it.
>>
>>155622242
>For an armchair general you sure suck at it.
You are assuming that targeting and manoeuvring that Objects have are somehow absent anywhere else. If objects can have superscience accuracy, so can anti-Object weapons of the same tech level.
>>
>>155622242
> can pinpoint a 1mm sized target at 200 miles
With something with the energy output of an Object, you could probably see it from space.
>hit it squarely
No need, as long as the detonation is within a few miles.
>capable of 300kph and 15G maneuvers
Missiles will easily exceed Mach 5.
>>
>>155622335
I'm assuming that you want to smash a sensor. Dead things can't break sensors.

>>155622407
Nothing you discussed has guaranteed any kind of sensor damage. Try again.
>>
>>155622799
>I'm assuming that you want to smash a sensor. Dead things can't break sensors.
Sensors doesn't need direct hits to damage.
>>
>>155622143
That is the function of their defense computer and pilot, after all.
>>
>>155622799
A nuke. You literally cannot nukeproof a sensor without making it completely blind.
>>
>>155622863
A strong breeze won't break a sensor. Bright lights don't break a sensor.
If you manage to break a camera good job I have a $.50 10 megapixel camera on my phone good luck breaking all 9001 of them.
>>
>>155622900
Open armor flap.
Close armor flap.
Taa daa.
If you have enough firepower to peel off ALL an objects sensors then you must have brought an object as well.
>>
Why are the sensors getting so much focus when the magic reactors are more interesting? All they have to do is stick on hundreds of sensors which would be hard to remove anyway because of the thick armor plating and there's multiple of them.
>>
>>155622884
You're not going to resolve something with an RCS on the order of a square centimeter and gain enough data to intercept it in a matter of seconds.

>>155623080
So you're insinuating that an Object has sensors under every single layer of armor? On top of that, what about the guns? It's not like they have 500 layers of onion armor for protection.
>>
>>155623315
If you want to shoot at something that's zig zagging around and shooting back with absurd force, be my guest. Just don't assume it will patiently wait for your guns to zero in.
>>
>>155623420
I'm sure you'll have real valuable targeting data about my position when I'm over the horizon and under the sea, while your big damn block is the most obvious thing within a several hundred kilometer radius.
>>
>>155623600
So you have no direct fire instant hit weapons then? Well that's a real shame. Guess you won't be hitting any weak points at all then.
>>
>>155623814
>So you have no direct fire instant hit weapons then
I don't need them; you won't see my attack coming until it's too late.
>>
>>155606139
I want to genetically engineer hime
>>
>>155623196
To be fair the majority of an objects battle is to disable as many of the enemy objects sensors and to attempt to cripple any other targetting system the object may have with secondary weapons to make landing a clean shot with your object class weapons easier.

The people who are saying that the sensors can't be destroyed are as dumb as the people saying that a nuke will go through the armor given enough nukes as one of the primary functions of an Object's supercomputer is to evaluate ANY potential threat to may hinder combat effectiveness and to eliminate it with the objects secondary munitions and counter measures, avoid the attack completely since an objects sensors use the movement of an enemy objects targetting sensors to anticipate when and where the attack will land, or to mitigate the hit by allowing a less vital area (with sensors) to be hit.

Nukes WILL cripple objects if they are hit by them but they will still be generally functional. However the only way you're going to deliver a nuclear payload is by catching the object by complete surprise and they're in a position in which they cannot do anything but take the hit (like dropping a fucking meteor on top of an object or collapsing an entire city block so the object is stuck on top of a nuclear mine)

EMPs also don't work as objects transmit quantum entangled data through a multiple shutter system that opens only if the pilot needs to send comms out and closes the shutter once it passes the layer of onion. Objects can (but shouldn't) act independently without assistance from its battalion but it's not advised.

I get the feeling neither side has read the novels.
>>
>>155605709
>of late ww2 german warships by a thousand.
ftfy poor bismark its was doomed to fail.
>>
>>155623891
> Missiles are silent weapons
> Using any sort of weapon on a sub and not immediately being spotted
>>
>>155624079
EMPs work on sensors though, so the comm part is not enough to protect from them
>>
>>155624692
The sensors are hard wired into the emp resistant armor. The onion is literally made up of PCB traces. By the objects design they are impervious to EMP (jamming with chaff or another object that literally a high powered antenna array is possible though.)
>>
>>155624510
>Missile are silent weapons
They travel at mach 20+, many, many times faster than the speed of sound. You literally wont hear it before it impacts.
>>
>>155624995
Not to mention that IF EMPs worked if you EMP an object as a form of debilitation you also kill the sensors of your own object.

>I'll be out of EMP range

In that case your object wins by virtue of your object having a massive range advantage so you design it with the intention of the first surprise shot being a OHKO. You wouldn't need the EMP in the first place. Remember that Simple is best dude
>>
>>155620910

I hope that asian pilot returns one day.
>>
>>155623891

Anon, stop. Missiles are almost completely fucking useless in HO world because lasers advanced that far.

Object can destroy hundreds of incoming missiles in seconds. This shit happened in the series.

you would literally need to launch hundreds of multi warhead maneuvering supersonic missiles to hope for any hits.

And even then it's completely useless vs some objects like Oriental Magic or Cynthia.
>>
>>155624510
Here's a diagram for your dumb ass. Once the missiles enter your line of sight, you have 20 seconds to destroy them, but good luck resolving several dozen objects with a radar cross section .01 square meters with sufficient accuracy to actually target and destroy them.
>>
Give me some milk and lemonade and ill destroy an object
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 1174x665px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 1174x665px
>>155625848
forgot pic
>>
>>155625848

Are you fucking retarded or something? Do you know where radar technology was 150 years ago? Oh yes, it didn't fucking exist.

Now imagine how far it's going to advance in next 150 years. And missiles can be tracked in many other ways too. IRST exist.

Objects have supercomputers that will automatically target thousands of targets at once and dozens of anti air lasers that hit targets at the speed of light. 20 seconds is more than enough. Shit, 3 seconds would be enough. One shoot from a plasma cannon or railgun with sub munitions will clear multiple attacks at once.
>>
>>155625848
There's a reason why Objects have completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) killed off the notion of fighter pilots.

The system's ENTIRE purpose is to destroy any incoming threat with a supercomputer and radar system year ahead of whatever we currently have now. Missiles are NOT going to reach the object plain and simple. The lasers are able to specific sensors on enemy objects AND their sensors are able to track the MILLIMETER if not NANOMETER movements of an enemy object's lens when its prepping to fire a near lightspeed laser.

Missles do not stand a fucking chance against an object plain and simple.
>>
>>155625848

There is a fight in the series where they lay a trap on one object with hundreds of small missiles that fired when object was like 100m away.

It blasted all of them out of the air. Not even one reached it.

20 seconds is an eternity in object battles.
>>
>>155626021
>>155626068
All of this relies on the fact that stealth technology falls behind sensor technology. In the context of the HO universe, that may be the case, but there's no reason to believe "future magic bullshit technology" couldn't include stealth.
>>
>>155625776
It also couldn't reach the Amaterasu, do anything to the Broad Sky Saber, hit the Charbetty or even touch the
Early States.
>>
>>155626249
>what are optical sensors

Please fucking stop dude. Why are you arguing when you clearly haven't read the novels.
>>
>>155612414
A better exemple would be how Einstein did not make Newton obsolete.
>>
>>155625117
> Initiating a first strike against an object
> When objects are owned by superpowers and everyone has first strike detection systems for your bullshit.
>>
>>155626848
>what are optical sensors
Reliant on the visible spectrum of electromagnetic radiation.
>>
>>155627501
Son. No matter what you do, your stealth is going to reflect SOME flavor of EM light.
>>
>>155626848
>>what are optical sensors
Probably the most unreliable sensor you could rely on
>>
>>155627559
And the idea is to make that reflection indistinguishable from the reflection of your surroundings.
>>
>>155627584
No. Humans are the most unreliable sensor you can rely on. A decent enough radar has no moving parts, a wide band of frequencies, and can sweep the sky in a fraction of a second.
>>
>>155618921
Top one is Project Pluto, a cold-war era superweapon idea. It was a nuclear weapon delivery system powered by a nuclear ramjet, which is about the simplest engine known to man. Air goes in the front, washes over the unshielded supercritical reactor, gets REALLY hot, and shoots out the back at several times the speed of sound. The air flow keeps the reactor from melting. It only works when the whole thing is supersonic, so they slapped rockets on to boost it.

The goal was to launch it on a pre-programmed course, drop bombs on selected targets, and then just fly around at low altitude for a few months until the reactor failed, leveling buildings with the shockwave and spewing radioactive contamination everywhere. It would effectively render the continent it was deployed on permanently uninhabitable.

The other one is the Orion drive, the result of someone saying "hey, couldn't we get to space really cheap if we just sat the ship on top of a nuke and rode the blastwave?"
It's actually an extremely efficient drive with an absurdly good DV ratio.
>>
>>155612398
>>155612519
You're literally missing the point, the issue is not the fusion reactor, it's how they cool down the heat generated by said reactor.
Stars do it by radiating it all around, object obliviously don't do that.

>>155612403
You mean a thermal exhaust port? Like the one in the Death Star that got destroyed by a wandering X-Wing?

>>155612803
>It melts like butter like 10 seconds later.
>can resist the heat of a nuke
>can't resist the heat of it's own power plant
Which is BS because the temp are comparable, even if the inside melt, the armor should be fine if it can resist a nuke.
>>
If the outside can resist a nuke or multiple nukes, then I'm damn sure the internal cooling prevents it from melting in general due to the mass magic generator sitting in the core.
>>
>>155613442
What about the kinetic energy? It should be able to kill the pilot through all of that super hard armor.
>>
>>155627908
>Stars do it by radiating it all around,
Actually stars manage it by using a containment method that doesn't care about heat. Can't melt gravity.

I feel like I should also mention that stars are well below sustainable fusion temperatures, and are actually extremely poor energy sources per unit mass. A pound of the sun's core produces about as much heat as a large iguana. The vast majority of a star's mass is not undergoing fusion; they simply have so much mass that the tiny bit on the extreme end of the temperature distribution bell curve represents an enormous amount of energy by any other measure. They maintain their temperature simply due to their absurd mass and the fact that they're suspended in a near-perfect insulator.
>>
Object vs Bolo tank.
Who win?
>>
>>155628397
Bolo. No contest.

Next question: Object vs four MKI Glitterboys.
>>
File: 564754645654.jpg (167KB, 571x723px) Image search: [Google]
564754645654.jpg
167KB, 571x723px
>>155618404
>Honestly if any Kamachi character deserves one right now it's her.
>Implying
>>
>>155628778
L I T E R AL
W H O
>>
File: Zashiki_v01_109.jpg (737KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Zashiki_v01_109.jpg
737KB, 1100x1600px
>>155628945
>He hasn't read ZW
Look at this faggot.
>>
>>155628434
Object.
But the Glitterboys would be much more cost efficient.
>>
At least Aldnoah Zero got it right with the magical shielded mecha
It was impervious to anything so the pilot shouldn't be able to see anything from inside, but since he could see, it meant the mecha had some unprotected spots on its armor
>>
File: 1.png (152KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
152KB, 600x336px
>>155619004
Hydromethane? That seemed to work well
>>
>>155606533
tell me why 'd i need a fucking hover tanks

Abrams and Leopards are good enough for me.
>>
>>155629919
Swamps. Rubble. Rivers. Traffic congested roads. Steep or soft dirt inclines. Deep mud. Minefield. Freshly painted traffic lines. Quicker peeking over the top of an embankment.
>>
>>155611784
What about nuke mines?
>>
>>155620203
heck, why should i build something with a bad efficency ?

Also, huge cannon rotates extremely slowly, which only makes it viable if it is an artillery ones. And putting an artillery cannon on a tank is a smart choice, but sending it one to one to
If I could build a massive ITER, there is nooo fucking way I send to the battlefield. Rather, i'd build something like proton cannon like in RA3. A static , but more strategic way of defense ( if i really need one )

Also, huge cannons are dumb ; they are too slow to rotate, which only makes them viable if they are artillery. And putting an artillery on a tank is a smart idea, but sending it one to one with other enemy artillery is fucking dumb.
>>
>>155613820
mecha = mechanical
>>
>>155621033
this.
>>
>>155627584

Modern IRST can detect a stealth fighter at 20km.

And they are getting better very fast.
>>
>>155621578
heck. Please.

I really don't know how efficent object armor is against radiation from nukes. There are types of nuke created for the sole purpose is frying enemies electronic with subatomic particles , like electron and proton.

If you acquires quantum mechanics you would know that no armor is thick enough to fully block all of the incoming particles. Sending these counterdevice nuke warheads with big number and the Objects are fried like my omelette.
>>
>>155630154
> not mounting a medium-size autocannons on hovercraft chasis
> build a full hovertank instead.

Fuck. Fucking inefficent.

Combat engineers were born for these purpose you know ? Soon they'd be replaced by bots. And that makes it far more practical and cheaper.
>>
>>155630505
>and the Objects are fried like my omelette

You mean like the object that generates so much microwaves that it destroys electronics 10km away?

Or maybe the object that can curve it's lasers to the point it can shoot down targets flying 500km away?

Massed nuclear strike would be effective vs a 2nd gen object specialized in fighting objects. It would do literal shit vs objects specialized in neutralizing conventional weapons.

And both politicians and the public want wars to be decided by duels between 2nd gen objects.

Because instead of a war with burned cities and thousands of deaths on both sides you get a big mecha duel you can transmit on TV and 0 victims.
>>
>>155626068
> Not nuclear cannon.
> missiles.
> Orbital Laser, because magical reactors.

With that kind of reactor, I definitely can build a special type of warhead in which whenever it explodes, it would create a beam of subatomic particles with high flux enough to fry everything inside. Even your expensive, genetic-altered pilots. And far away from the objects' CIWS.

But no, they don't have such devices, they must put the pilot on a big mobile fortress with plasma cannon. Please.
>>
>>155630499
citation to that claim pls
>>
>>155630851

> Sending Objects into cities
> Hoping for survivals

What the fuck. If an Objects already entered the city, i would not hestiate to nuke it with my electronic warfare tactical nukes.

Also neutron bombs don't destroy buildings and architecture that much, it only fries chips and board, and some human brains.
>>
File: 59018368_p6.jpg (225KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
59018368_p6.jpg
225KB, 600x719px
Now that we've reached bump limit you can all take a deep breath and realize no one cares about the objects themselves, but rather their destruction at the hands of two goons.
>>
>>155630851
>And both politicians and the public want wars to be decided by duels between 2nd gen objects.
>
>Because instead of a war with burned cities and thousands of deaths on both sides you get a big mecha duel you can transmit on TV and 0 victims.
Which is kind of bullshit because a country who can't afford an object will immediatly get annexed by those who can.
Also it would just mean Cold War 2.0 because whoever build the most object win. Not happy with the result of the duel? Scratch that, I'm bringing my others object on the table vs your lone object you could barely afford.
>>
>>155631051
You take that back. Deep Optical is the best girl of the series.
>>
>>155630969

http://www.bundesheer.at/truppendienst/ausgaben/artikel.php?id=807

>The Eurofighter Typhoon's PIRATE IRST can detect subsonic fighters from 50 km from front and 90 km from rear
>>
>>155631166

That's exactly why they say that map of the world looks like stained glass.

And 40% of the world lives in permanent peace while the rest takes it up the ass.
>>
>>155630851
Also, about Objects for neutralizing conventional weapon : Why would i build an Object which could be destroyed by depth tatics and can't fight other objects ? Only to neutralize other countries nukes ? Which means wasting more taxes.

Do not waste anything in war.
>>
>>155631369
Look at our map, does it look like the same ?

We are no different than them, we are living on a stained glass-map.
>>
File: tmp_24532-what the zog988673233.jpg (79KB, 563x587px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24532-what the zog988673233.jpg
79KB, 563x587px
>>155630851
>curve it's lasers
Why fight with guns and lasers if you've got a goddamn gravity generator. You could just upgrade to singularity weapons.
>>
>>155631561
> Gravity strong enough to bend light following earth geodesic

A Black hole already.
>>
>>155631561
Kamachi is an hack.
>>
>>155631717
or he does not know anything about real physicz
>>
>>155631561
That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>155631561

They don't have that yet. Thought one object was pretty close. But it only worked at open sea.
>>
>>155631763
Him making a character like Accelerator is proof of that.
>>
>>155631871
How would bend light without a gravity well then?
>>
>>155631396

Gen 1 objects are multirole.
>>
>>155631879
Espers don't count because it was stated that their level limits what they can do, reinforced by espers not following physics but magick.
>>
>>155631943
and then the hack must create gen 2. Such efficency, much wow.
>>
>>155631928

There was one object that was doing it by using nanotech acidic mist. And other one that is a secret at this point. It only appeared once to wreck shit and left fast.
>>
>>155631995

Conventional armies became meaningless and got budget cuts everywhere. To the point they are badly trained and badly equipped.

2nd gens are better at fighting other objects and that's the most important thing. There are still many 1st gens around if you need them too. And they are starting to make 3rd gens.
>>
>>155632030

They actually explained how it works, I forgot:

http://heavyobject.wikia.com/wiki/Snipe_Laser_051
>>
>>155632030
hmmm.

I think it actually...possible. But to explain it seems quite dumb.

That fucking nanotech whatsoever mists is a resonator for lasers. But the first beam must be an extremely high photon flux. and the nanoshit can direct it into one direction. Which makes it look like being curved.

Why not put that high flux beam cannon on a sat and shoot it with full power ?
>>
>>155631928
In theory, you could simply bounce photons of air molecules, but the calculations required to do that with any appreciable number of photons in order to focus a destructive beam would be astronomical, and that's an understatement.
>>
>>155632300
>Why not put that high flux beam cannon on a sat and shoot it with full power ?

Something like that actually happens.
>>
>>155631188
Can't find where it says that, and besides, how can such a broad statement be made if aircraft models vary so much between each other?
>>
>>155632030
Are the nanomachine travelling faster than light? Or are they sent in advance?

>>155632415
Wouldn't the photons burn away the air, creating plasma?
>>
>>155632503
And why would you waste it on an Object ? Just put it on the sat and it will serve as anti air and anti ground.
>>
>>155632537

Of course it's spreading them in advance.
>>
>>155632574

Because of the power source.
>>
>>155632537
you already have magical nanorunes to localize the plasma, why are you worried about it ?
>>
>>155632579
ehh, just build it on the moon, launch it to earth lagrange point. An Orbital Object, like what you like.
>>
>>155632701

They have treaties preventing this shit.
>>
>>155632723
>listening to american rules outside of the earth
>>
>>155631188
>The range of the system is between 50 and 80 kilometers, but could be up to 150 kilometers. The target identification can take place over more than 40 kilometers. However, the weather conditions influence the performance of the infrared-based target search and target tracking considerably.
>>
>>155632723
> preventing using chemical weapons
> Syria

World is a mess.
>>
>>155632609
A sat is constantly exposed to the sun, surely if they can make BS magic generator they can make ultra efficient solar panels.

>>155632701
Also, what's stopping them to make Spaceships?
>>
File: HO_v06_04.jpg (2MB, 2980x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HO_v06_04.jpg
2MB, 2980x1600px
>>155632574
You would need to mount a power source, but the noble who commanded the R&D and then piloted it was too paranoid of being betrayed so he had to send a battery up every shot.
Reasonably paranoid too considering he had it made just so he could "legally" assassinate a princess since he was an illegitimate child (the royal blood was on the mother's side, so being his father's illegitimate child with another woman meant that he didn't actually have any royal lineage. While he could bribe and manipulate things enough to pass if there was no other heirs, an actual legitimate child would inherit the throne instead if she was alive.)
>>
>>155632537
>Wouldn't the photons burn away the air, creating plasma?
Not necessarily, no. Consider, for example, the sun shining on Earth's atmosphere. The photons are deflected off of air molecules and absorbed into photosensitive cells in our eyes. The difference here is that you would have to calculate the trajectories of something like a quadrillion photons in order to get them to reflect in the same general area.
>>
>>155632834
I don't know, rather busying making objects to fight each other than building spaceship and exploirng the stars.
>>
>>155632852
Is there even enough molecule in the air to be able to do that?
>>
>>155632898
Building a spaceship fitted for war would instantly make object irrelevant because it's the exact same thing that happened IRL with tanks.
>>
>>155632945
b-but the LNs name is Heavy Object, not Yamato Spaceship 2499....
>>
>>155632900
> forgetting magical nanorunes.
>>
>>155633077
It was an answer to >>155632415 which was before someone mentionned the nanorunes.
>>
>>155633130
actually both were mine....
>>
>>155633165
O-oh.
>>
>>155632415
Wouldn't you have to know the position and momentum of the air molecules before you fired? I don't think that's possible.
>>
>>155633424
you don't actually need to know the x and p of molecules in the laser resonator
>>
OFFICIAL/FAN ENGLISH TRANSLATED BOOK 13 WHEN
>>
>>155633502
>official
Not in this timeline.
>>
>>155633424
A molecule is sufficiently massive that you can.
>>
>>155633640
In a closed system maybe.
In an open field? Nope.
Thread posts: 555
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.