[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Start watching highly regarded old anime >Realize that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 26

File: end me.jpg (71KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
end me.jpg
71KB, 1024x1024px
>Start watching highly regarded old anime
>Realize that everyone else has already seen it and discussed it ages ago
>Lose motivation and watch some shitty ongoing anime instead
How can I cure this faggotry?
>>
Finish it, start a thread on it, and see what happens.
If you don't get as many replies as you'd like, make another thread the following day but with a template OP like "Why is she so perfect" or "what went right/wrong" and go on from there. It always works.
>>
Watch with a group of friends or a gf who are as clueless on the material as you are.
>>
why the fuck would you want to discuss anime with anyone
just watch what you want to watch and focus on your own enjoyment, fuck peer pressure in the ass
>>
Stop being a sheep
>>
Which one?
>>
The exact same shit happens to me.
Despite having watched thousands of hours of anime, I have huge holes like Evangelion, Welcome to the N.H.K. or Rozen Maiden and I never have the courage to fill them
>>
>>155604747
>group of friends
>gf
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
File: 9seconds_to_misuzu.jpg (27KB, 554x198px) Image search: [Google]
9seconds_to_misuzu.jpg
27KB, 554x198px
you should watch anime for your enjoyment you fuckin faggot
>>
>>155604703
because there will always be fans who will discuss it over and over again
>>
>that fucking beatdown in episode 4 of Ashita no Joe
>>
>>155604764
>>155604881
But that's the problem. If it's old, it's no longer enjoyable I don't want to watch it anymore. There's something depressing about watching old media and it only gets more depressing the older it gets.
>>
Fun things are fun faggot. Drop/stall it if you want too.
>>
>>155604842
You kidding me faggot?
Eva in particular is always being discussed here, though good look finding any worthwile discussion that doesn't devolve into arguments over which slut is the least apalling character.
>>
>>155604747
Bebop dubbed is literally the only anime you could conceivably show to a group of friends or a girl and have them enjoy it.
>>
>>155604988
There are millions of people with at least a small weeb sensibility. Not that hard to find them, either.
>>
>>155604953
just kill yourself then you defeatist fuck
>>
>>155604953

Most seasonal shows end up having shit threads or no threads at all. You aren't missing anything.
>>
>>155604953
You never enjoyed a book then.
>>
>>155605089
Books are for faggots though.

I'm proud to say I've never read a book for entertaiment purposes.
>>
File: 1438501122686.jpg (76KB, 800x714px) Image search: [Google]
1438501122686.jpg
76KB, 800x714px
>>155605064
The problem is not even necessarily /a/ or even internet-related, it's just that it's depressing to watch something old that the average consumer already moved on from. Is this brand of autism exclusive to me?
>>
So, if you miss out on something, you miss out on it forever? That sounds like hell.

With that said, I agree that there's an added novelty and comfort to be watching something that is ongoing. Not sure why, but I can't deny it.
>>
>>155604703

I want to lick Umi's pussy.
>>
>>155605187
Is there a body part which aren't worth licking?
>>
>>155604747
>a group of friends or a gf

i hate you so much aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>155605141
Nah im with you desu
>>
>>155605125
This is some low quality bait. Not sure why I bothered replying.
>>
>>155605202

Hair maybe? I'd want to lick everything else.
>>
>>155604703
But socializing isn't that great. Socializing with /a/ is even more shit.
>>
>>155605141
you will never know the feel of watching and old anime or playing an old unpopular videogame and stumbling upon a 4chan thread full of people that also liked it

it's kinda magical
>>
>>155604703
make a thread anyway.

actually just finished all of love live yesterday and was thinking the same thing but in a less faggoty manner
>>
>>155604747
b-but... you guys are my only friends.
>>
I have something similar to this
>Feel like watching an old show I have never watched before
>Basically every show ever
>Don't know where to start
I've made the occasional classic request thread over here, but I end up never committing to anything.
>>
>>155605025
Great answer. If you don't know how to counter someone's argument just swear and call them names.
>>
People still can't stop discussing Evangelion twenty years after it aired. Hell LOGH is even older and I keep seeing threads here.
>>
>>155605141
This is interesting. Would you say that you have too many options and not enough time to bother with older stuff? This would be more comprehensible since many people here have huge "to watch later!" lists.
>>
>>155604764
Pfff i still get my keks from orusuban ebichu and thats ancient
>>
>>155605183
It's because a show feels alive when people discuss it and the fandom is still active. An old, high-quality show will remain good no matter what, but watching it can feel hollow at times because hardly anyone will talk about it anymore.
>>
File: 20170330_004730.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_004730.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>155605277
Like this, like right now?
>>
>>155605265
>He doesn't want to taste Umi's hair
>>
File: 1487757786586.png (592KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
1487757786586.png
592KB, 914x898px
>>155605342
I have no shortage of time. I could spend the next 12 hours watching anime if I wanted to, but just the idea of watching old stuff depresses me. Never watched an episode of Fullmetal Alchemist, for example, but I know it already ended nearly a decade ago. Same deal with Clannad, or Hajime no Ippo, or Bakemonogatari.
I have managed to finish old anime before, like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell, for example, but it feels hollow and depressing. Like I'm watching something dead. Like I'm behind the times and trying to make up for it and failing miserably. I don't know. I'm a faggot and I hate it.
>>
Don't you have internet friends who like anime? Talk to them about stuff you have backlogged and see if anyone's interested in watching something with you. You don't have to marathon it together but that's also fun to do.
>>
>>155604747
I havent had friends since college
>>
>>155605573
As someone who sometimes feels the same way, it's a little like walking into an amusement park with barely any people left and seeing the mascots or the machines still try their best to entertain you. Like the show is over but you still want to enjoy it.
>>
This thread is fascinating
>>
>>155605141
I especially hate newfags that never give chance to pre-2000 anime because it either looks too old or they have this mentality that everything new means it is better
>>
>>155605277
Well /vg/ used to have /jrpgg/ for shooting the shit about old ps2 games until some visual novel fag got it burned to the ground
>>
File: df86624c5a95cc18a88e26fc1cc3fc6b.jpg (639KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
df86624c5a95cc18a88e26fc1cc3fc6b.jpg
639KB, 827x1169px
>make a Backlog Club
>we all have a list of old anime that we haven't seen but want to
>every week we pick one that none of us have watched and watch it together, then we discuss it

How does this sound? You'd need a fair number of people though and they'd have to be people you trust not to post spoilers.
>>
>>155605573
>>155605653
This is why it's easier to read or talk about manga, most people nowadays are so fucking attention-deficit picking up an anime is a fucking chore and they can't even stay focused for the 23 minutes on it. Meanwhile in that same amount of time you can rip through like 10 chapters of something and talk about it with a bro.
>>
The worst feeling is being a buyfag and liking something old
>>
>>155605813
>How does this sound?
Sounds great
>>155605813
>they'd have to be people you trust not to post spoilers.
Oh, so that's why we don't have this already.
Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that would never work on 4chan.
>>
>>155605839
This is actually one of the reasons I like anime better than manga, because I never pace myself with manga and with anime the pacing is done for me
>>
>>155605813
I'd even enjoy watching old stuff I've already seen with a bunch of anons who haven't seen it. It's fun to see people's first time reactions to shows like Cowboy Bebop and TTGL.
>>
>>155605290
Let's watch something together anon. I'll download it and watch. we can discuss it in a few days
>>
>>155605813
I like the idea even if you take spoilers into account, because it at least would give you a good justification to watch a specific old show and get you out of the "There are thousands of good shows, which one do I pick" dilemma.
>>
Maybe one day you'll learn to value the fact you even got to truly enjoy something in the first place. Maybe some life experience and perspective will help you with that, especially if you're only a teenager or early twenty something.
>>
File: slowpoke.jpg (27KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.jpg
27KB, 600x655px
>watch anime that aired last season
>it's really good
>realize you could have watched it together with /a/
Worst feel
>>
>>155606068
that's why you always bandwagon whatever show /a/ is hype about as soon as possible. I seriously hope you didn't miss out on Kemono Friends.
>>
You can technically go watch any old show anytime you want. But to watch something that is ongoing and at its biggest level of relevancy? That's something you can lose out on.
>>
File: KR0NPR1NZ - Blade Runner.jpg (539KB, 1000x997px) Image search: [Google]
KR0NPR1NZ - Blade Runner.jpg
539KB, 1000x997px
>>155605573
>>155605703
You guys aren`t much different from the majority of people regarding movies. I am considered weird by most people because I occasionally watch old movies. It is very common to talk to people who refuse to watch black and white movies.

Forcing yourself to watch would be worse so I don`t condemn your actions. I only started to watch older anime once all new anime started to feel the same.
>>
>>155605865
Same goes for me. I used to read so many manga when I was like 14 or something, but when you can read hundreds of chapters in a few hours they all start to blend together and in the end I hardly remember anything out of all the manga I read back then.
Now I only read manga in Japanese as practice, and being a slow reader for now also helps me enjoy them more.
>>
>>155606107
But then you're 70 years old and you think "Shit, I had countless hours to watch anything I wanted, but I was too busy posting on /a/"
>>
There are anime that are better watched without looking at the threads.

For example all plot heavy Manga/LN/VN adaptions and all drama anime.
>>
>>155605865
>>155606194
>Implying the anime isn't matters for only a few minutes per episode thanks to repeated scenes and still frames
>>
>Watching old anime
>Get spoiled on a pretty huge detail
>Lose all interest in finishing it
Fucking LOGH and Wenli dying
>>
>>155604703

And why would you care about discussing it? You watch shit to pass the time and enjoyment, when a thread pops up, you're prepared.
>>
>>155604703
You don't actually like anime.
>>
>>155605573
>Like I'm watching something dead

Like an archaeologist?
>>
File: Rita lifeboat.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rita lifeboat.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>155607083
Or a necrophiliac.
>>
>>155606962
He was the worst character, anyways.
>>
>>155607206
He was my favorite.
>>
>>155607060
this desu
You watch something because its popular not because you want to watch it.
>>
>>155604747
>friends
Anon, please. If i had friends i wouldnt look to anime for entertainment
>>
File: 19274920875.jpg (2KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
19274920875.jpg
2KB, 122x125px
>>155605125
Have fun not being able to read subtitles without pausing
>>
>>155605297
Dont you think its kinda funny how we cant request or ask about anime opinions on /a/? Where most people who would have a good base for an opinion would be and not scrolling through /wsr/?
>>
>>155605573
Don't let it both you so much. It will go away.
The fact that you "hate that attitude" means you're on the right path. Unfortunately, it has something to do with your brain chemistry affected by your hormonal balance and your age, which for whatever dumb reason subconsciously tries to guide you into being part of the crowd and feeling "you're part of something bigger than yourself". You will lose it when you stop being a teenager (mentally), and realize you used to be full of shit. It happens around the same time after reading at least a couple of memorable novels from the 19th century. From then on you will embrace more forms of media and welcome knowledge and learn to appreciate stories for their insight into the human condition, as opposed to "how many other strangers you never met and don't give a shit about you are currently watching it too". You're going to realize a lot of people around you are dumbfuck mass consumerist trash anyway, and other questions will begin to get more of your attention, like "where do I come from, and where am I going?", "how come we all behave the way we do?" "what systems of control govern the way I grew up", "why do certain groups of people hold all the wealth, and for how long have they been at it? Why does it seem indefinite?", and you will distance yourself from wanting to be part of the crowd. You'll read and watch stories to understand yourself and humanity more, and the older they are, the better they will feel because they will feel like a gold mine of invaluable insight into the human condition that stood the test of time as opposed to the "flavor of the season".

The fact that you're starting to dislike that attitude tells me you're going to be ok, so don't let it hound you too much at the moment.
>>
>>155606096
oops, i kept up with the kermonon MAD's and people say its just a lot of sugoi and nya's anyway
>>
Still wish /a/ was around when EoE was released.

bet the threads would even blow Code Geass out of the water
>>
>>155606068
still wished I washed Geminar, TTGL, Baccano, and KKN with /a/
>>
I remember shitposting in /a/ about Code Geass and barely nothing of the actual show itself
>>
>>155604703
You don't like anime.
Hell my 11 year old cousin has more passion than you and all he watches is crappy shounen shit.
>>
>>155604703
It's because you don't actually enjoy anime, you just want something to talk about because you crave social interaction and relate more with the type of people on /a/ more then anywhere else, since you have autism.

In other words, you're what's ruining everything.
>>
>>155604703
But watching old anime is the best thing about this hobby, anon.
>>
>>155609024
I agree with this, but at the same time I do believe "live" discussions can improve the experience: pointing out details and references you didn't notice before, batshit theories and speculah, dumb jokes, it all makes everything more endearing. Animu is a medium that relies a lot on fan input and culture, it's kind of a shame to miss a part of that but it shouldn't detract from your enjoyment of a show.
>>
>>155609487
But deep down, you know it does.
>>
>>155609487
>pointing out details and references you didn't notice before, batshit theories and speculah, dumb jokes
But all of that shit is secondary anon.
I was watching and enjoying these puppet shows before I even had an internet connection.
>>
>>155609550
I think it depends on the kind of show, you'll probably like your own personal favorite that speaks to you and your storytelling fetishes all the same even if fun discussions would have been a bonus, then there's stuff that's actually improved by the livewatching (I wouldn't have enjoyed Meduka as much without it, it was so much fun and then the fucking earthquake came just to add to the shitstorm)
>>
>>155608928
>>155609024
These posts are absurd. If you like some shows, then you like anime. Not all anime, but some of it, at least.

This is like telling someone they don't like music because they prefer live concerts.
>>
>>155609722
Now that I think about it, going into a show completely blind and with no prejudices and second-hand opinions is just as good if not better, but it's pretty hard to do nowadays. But when I manage to do it I feel like my enjoyment was "purer" and more personal.
>>
>>155604703
Sudoku. Also >>155607060.
>>
>>155610104
I usually avoid joining hype threads and even looking up too much about the staff of new seasonal anime precisely because that. It's much more enjoyable to just go blindly into whatever show catches your fancy and deciding by yourself if you enjoyed it or not.
>>
>>155604703
In all honesty you should just quit /a/ or any other anime communities for a while or at least reduce the amount of time you browse it
It seems like you care more about the anime watching culture than anime itself
>>
>>155605307
what argument?
>>
I don't get people who are so hung up on "the threads." Like someone recently said Kemono Friends isn't as good anymore because it's not the same if you can't talk about it with others. And someone else said you should watch Your Name this very instant because it'll no longer be relevant by the time it comes out on BD.

I rarely go to threads on specific anime because there's no point. Everyone's a shitposting retard and people just whine about everything. I don't know what people see in those threads.
>>
>When you watch 95% of episodes
>And haven't finished the last 2 eps of an anime for the past 6 years because 0 motivation

About a third of my anime is like this lmao. I don't even care anymore.
>>
>>155612027
Fuck. I can relate to this too.
>>
>>155607206
Fuck you
>>
>>155611109
what threads do you go to? are those not also filled with the same people?
>>
>>155605813
sounds cute
>>
File: 1422826752760.jpg (159KB, 700x502px) Image search: [Google]
1422826752760.jpg
159KB, 700x502px
>>155605813
>>155605863
a couple years ago an anon did this kind of thing with Betterman. he posted a thread with this schedule and provided the download then posted a thread every day to discuss it. I stopped after a couple episodes so I don't know how it turned out in the end, but for the first few at least there was a decent enough turnout that we could talk about things
>>
There's so much anime I haven't seen but have basically been overly exposed to via osmosis that it's basically as if I've seen it. I know way too many details about Evangelion despite never having seen a second of it.
>>
>>155610079
t. newfag scum
>>
>>155610079
I don't see how those posts are absurd. It's bizarre not to be able to enjoy something just because other people have seen it, or it's not being discussed right this moment. If your enjoyment of something relies on absolutely needing to discuss it with other people, it's probably a safe bet that you don't actually like anime that much. Like, these posts >>155604953 >>155605141
are utter nonsense. The OP will likely never be satisfied by anything other than seasonal shit for reasons that have no basis in reality other than autism. It's like he sees watching anime as a job or something he needs to do for validation rather than something he enjoys.

Which is fine, but it's still stupid.
>>
File: wdytya.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
wdytya.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>155604747
>>
i intentionally avoid watching shows that /a/ talks about to not have my opinion persuaded by a bunch of ironic shitposting manchildren
>>
>>155605813
I would join you anon. Probably can't do too much about spoilers since people are dicks.
>>
>>155617090
OP here. I didn't say that my enjoyment of anime relies on needing to discuss it with other people. I said that it feels depressing to watch something old. This is true even if it's something that still gets discussed all the time to this day.
>>
I am making a site just so I can write my opinions on anime.
>>
>>155605141
Nah I feel the same way. Shitposting on 4chan is like half the reason I watch anime.
>>
>>155604703
How is that relevant in regards to how good a show is or how much you enjoy it? Legit question, I can't even begin to imagine what goes on in your mind. If you weren't told how old it is would you just enjoy it?
>>
>pick up an older show
>As soon as you decide to watch it you notice that /a/ drops spoilers about it constantly in unrelated threads because people assume you have already seen it
>>
>>155618160
That's why I generally just don't go on /a/ when I start watching stuff from my backlog.
>>
>>155617774
Fair enough. That's not what your other posts imply
>it's just that it's depressing to watch something old that the average consumer already moved on from
>If it's old, it's no longer enjoyable I don't want to watch it anymore.

But I won't press that matter because I'll just look like an asshole. However, if you actually feel "depressed" (which is quite a strong word), maybe it's worth examining why. Watching an old series should never depress you unless it's shit. Appreciate it for what it is; the animation, the characters, the story, the direction, and the general craftsmanship. Don't worry about being "behind the times". Just let go of your pre-conceived notions and enjoy it for what it is.

I mean, it's none of my business though. You do you. I just think that there's far too many entertaining shows out there to deprive yourself of for arbitrary (subjectively speaking) reasons.
>>
>>155617922
Not him, but when you like something you want to discuss it with other people too, right? Stuff like sports or games or anime. If you've finished watching a show and you like it, you wanna talk about it with other people, ask about their opinions on certain things and share your own, have others point out interesting things you might've missed or just theorize about all kinds of things.
The community shouldn't influence your enjoyment of the show too much but it'll increase it by at least a bit. If you watch something and don't discuss it with anyone you're gonna be like "Yeah I guess it was good" but if you had some fun talking about it with others it's more like "Yeah that was fucking awesome, I'd watch it again anytime" because the discussion made you think about it more and sort of burned it into your mind.
Now, if you watch something and the community is long dead because the media is old, you're gonna have a hard time finding a place to discuss it. This extra thing that makes it a bit more enjoyable isn't there and in the end it kinda just feels like you wasted your time watching it even if you did enjoy it.

At least that's what I think is going on in OP's head.
>>
>pick up older show
>screencap a few reaction images and post them
>person responds with a spoiler regarding character in screenshot from later episodes you haven't watched
AAAAAAAH
>>
>>155617153
I'm so happy I understood the file name
>>
>>155618774
>Not him, but when you like something you want to discuss it with other people too, right?
Yes, but only after I've finished the anime/played the game/read the book or whatever, not before I'm done with it. Therefore the community doesn't affect the enjoyment I get from the media itself in any way, because I don't interact with it (why would I? That would be a surefire way to get spoiled).
>Now, if you watch something and the community is long dead because the media is old, you're gonna have a hard time finding a place to discuss it
Yes, but that only becomes relevant in any way AFTER you've already watched it. Do you skip a show because what you may or may not want to do after you've watched it? Seems nonsensical to me.

If you see a show that looks amazing and right up your alley, do you just go "oh this is from 2005, the community is dead so I can't talk to people about it after I watch it, so I won't watch it at al"?
>>
>Watch old show
>Dead seiyuu starts talking
>>
>>155622709
I have to avoid that for that reason.
>>
As mentioned by several anons, I agree it depends on that if the active fandom exists.

btw, how about graduating to follow seasonal new anime?
>>
File: 17.png (49KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
49KB, 1000x1000px
>>155619276
>About to finish watching something in the backlog
>By pure coincidence, there's a thread on /a/ with an image spoiling the ending
This has happened to me at least twice
>>
>>155604703
>watched princess tutu
>masterpiece that exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds
>try starting thread,
>3 replies.
guess I should have actually watched it while it was still airing.
>>
>>155604703
Ask yourself why does realizing that the discussions ended a long time ago make you lose motivation to watch it?

If you love anime but being diverted from ongoing discussions is a demotivator somehow, then ask yourself why you think the ongoing discussion is so important, and whether that should indeed be the case.

If you all you cared about is the discussions and not the anime, I don't think you'd have created a thread to ask about it, would you?

Then the reason is not that you hate anime as some people said.

>>155605290
Aww.

You can watch two shows simultaneously. One ongoing and one old. Discuss the ongoing one(s) with /a/, and keep to yourself about the old one until you finish it, then create a thread about it. Lots of old anime have people who still appreciate seeing a thread about them.
>>
>>155604703
>complete the show
>make a thread
>discuss it if people want to
>thread 404's
It is literally that easy.
>>
File: 1372123634773.gif (679KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1372123634773.gif
679KB, 320x240px
>>155604703
go to reddit with all the other newbies
come back here when you have no life like the rest of us
>>
>>155605813
Reminds me of the Urusei Yatsura anniversary stream and threads.
It was great,/a/ should have threads and streams like those more often.
>>
>>155626042
The same happened to me, and now it's been several years since I watched it so I wouldn't be able to really keep up in an in-depth conversation about it anymore.
It was fucking fantastic though. I like it more than Utena even.
>>
>>155628568
when /a/ was into it I kind of just discounted people saying it was a masterpiece as /a/ just being pedo.
>>
>>155622709
>Watch Stand Alone Complex
>Remember Origa is dead as the OP plays
>>
File: 1487674699790.jpg (27KB, 358x330px) Image search: [Google]
1487674699790.jpg
27KB, 358x330px
>Finish watching a show
>Can't stop thinking about it
>Make daily threads trying to discuss it
>4 replies at best
>Months pass
>See 300+ reply thread about it
>Don't care anymore
It's not fucking fair
>>
>>155628568
>I like it more than Utena even.
Yeah, me too, I just found Tutu's way of playing with roles in a story more interesting and the characters more endearing.
>>
>>155604764
Why are you here?
>>
>>155604703
You can't. Nothing beats watching airing stuff with /a/.
>>
>frequently cited as an anti-anime person
>just don't like recent anime
I'm pretty much the same with video games. I don't like the new shit, for the most part. Just watch what you enjoy watching, man. You might luck out and find a thread. Hell, make one, even.
>>
>>155604842
>evangelion

But there's several threads a day. I have one in another tab right now.
>>
File: 1475453644515.png (252KB, 394x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475453644515.png
252KB, 394x300px
>>155628735
>watch konosuba s1 only after OVA came out
>really liked it probably was my aoty
>s2 comes out and I can finally watch it with /a/
>get bored and drop it after 4 episodes
>>
>>155629985
Somehow S2 didn't get me as excited as S1, it wasn't any worse than S1 though.
>>
>>155630311
>>155629985
like many things I only know konosuba from the porn
>>
>>155605675
I know that feeling. Used to have friends to do things with online all the time. Grown apart over time since we all hit our mid 20's.
>>
>>155604703
By fucking killing yourself you dumb shit
people who subsist on hype are absolute cancer
>>
>>155605675
>>155630879
;_;
>>
Watch anime to enjoy it, not to discuss it and make you sound liked a seasoned viewer.
>>
>>155607532
I wouldn't bet on that
>>
File: MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (54KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
54KB, 340x450px
>>155604703
>>
>>155604703
By killing yourself.
>>
>>155612027
>tfw you get down to the last 2 episodes and leave them unwatched for months or years because you don't want it to end
;__;
>>
>>155630879
It's for better. All they would be talking about is their job or girlfriends. I cut my contact with everyone because only people I can relate to are on /a/.
>>
>>155604842
are you retarded?
>>
>>155631443
>holy shit I thought I was the only one that did this
>>
>>155631445
>because only people I can relate to are on /a/.
as someone who has been here for over a decade i can tell, thats a bad idea.
>>
>>155631645
>>155631541
why would you change it to greentext, newshit
>>
This season I'm trying to use weekends to follow currently airing shows and weekdays for older stuff. Gets the best of both worlds, maybe it will work for you.
>>
>>155631443
happened to me for sora no woto,
didn't finish the series until like 7 years later when i watched the last 2 episodes in a livestream on /a/
>>
>>155631671
It's just an observation. Doesn't really change anything in reality.
>>
>>15560585
Sometimes, it's nice to find old manga or collectors items cheap
>>
>>155604988
I showed fucking Welcome to the NHK subbed to a friend of mine who didn't know what an anyme was.
>>
>>155631443
d-damn. I think my "Watching" list is bigger than my "Watched"
>>
>>155605675
>had friends in college
normies leave
The only friend I had was in grad school, a Code Geass-loving fag (will NEVER watch it), and he dateraped me in his dorm room.
>>
>>155633206
I can't even tell if this comment is ironic or not.
>>
Watching an anime as it's airing is fine and all, but there's a kind of peace to just watching and enjoying something on your own. There's nobody out to poison your experience and no pressure to "keep up."
>>
>>155633576
How is it ironic? Does Code Geass have rape? All I know is that he would talk about how deep it was and how he identified with the main dude and how edgy it all looked.
>>
>>155605813
Sounds pretty fun, I wouldn't even mind to re-watch some good stuff just to be able to discuss it with everyone. There could be a weekly thread.
>>
>>155604703
A month ago I finished to watch lovelive! What you have is autism
>>
>>155634469
>What you have is autism
What else is new?
>>
>>155605771
Any more info about that? I used to love hanging out there from time to time, but then it disappeared.
>>
>>155604747
My friends can't keep up with subs.
>>
The only reason to watch anime is to post in the threads
>>
>>155634914
If it gets to that point, I really think you should find another hobby.
>>
>>155604703
you need friends, although thats not a simple thing to say.

its actually amazing how much nonsensical things people do & get themselves wrapped up into merely because they are lonely and cant solve it organically. its practically the whole story of the human condition in this century.
>>
>>155605307
Bruce Lee would tell pessimistic people they should just kill themselves if they're not willing to put the time and effort into what they love.
I feel like that's what anon is trying to say as opposed to the usual "kill yourself for disagreeing with me"
>>
File: sin.gif (830KB, 500x193px) Image search: [Google]
sin.gif
830KB, 500x193px
Note: Some shows are only highly regarded because they are old. Yes, this is obvious. Yes, this has to be restated.

Take that into your consideration. Vailia rules apply here I guess
>>
>>155604703
Stop browsing /a/ for the meantime. Go back here after you finished it.
>>
>>155635689
That's bullshit and you know it. If that was the case than every show released in the same year would be as highly regarded, and yet they aren't.
>>
File: sinful jig.gif (855KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
sinful jig.gif
855KB, 500x720px
>>155636673

Ignoring that the second half of that comment makes no sense

>implying nostalgafagging isn't a thing
>implying 'look at what old anime i watch' isnt a thing

keyword: 'some' not all. Lmao.
>>
>>155635689
More like some shows are highly regarded because they were innovative and filled with originality when they came out, but that is no longer the case after many years and you can no longer appreciate them as somebody who watched it when it came out did.
>>
File: sinful love.gif (851KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
sinful love.gif
851KB, 500x283px
>>155638255

I'm not saying that can't be true. But let's be honest. Every single damn generation has said 'oh in the past everything was so much better' and <insert how here>. In truth, what they did back then is no where near as impressive as you suggest they were; seeing through rose coloured glassed as it were. Ironically, Its that kind of attitude that prevents people from acknowledging innovations made in the new generation. Vailia rules to the max, Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1445377230234.jpg (177KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
1445377230234.jpg
177KB, 590x443px
>>155605141
It's not autism, you're just an anti-art consumerist retard. Learn to appreciate anime as a medium and art in general, and you won't have this problem.
>>
>>155604764
no man is an island anon,
people want to discuss things they like with other people.
>>
>>155638422
Your claim is nonsensical and defies logic. For something to be viewed through rose colored glasses (as you say) it had to have left a strong enough impression when it came out in the first place, otherwise it would join the countless old shows which nobody remembers and nobody gives a shit about. For something to be remembered (anything in general) it has to have a strong impact when it comes out, therefore the old shows which are viewed very positively did something well when they came out.

That doesn't mean they haven't been surpassed, but saying that old shows are remembered merely because they're old is ignorant and retarded. Why do you think show A is remembered and viewed positively when B, C, D, E, F, G and H came out in the same year, yet are forgotten and nobody gives a shit? Pure random chance, or what?
>>
>>155638853

If you think people won't like something simply because it existed or was what they knew at the time then I'm not sure what to say. It's the focus on the period of time moreso than the actual subject, thought I made that clear. We aren't focusing on logic or what might make something good in an objective sense, for lack of a better word. Not realizing people cling to things for no other fact that they existed at some insignificant point in time or for other equivalent reasons rather than some set standard or perceived innovation is... Well, you can fill in the rest.

>That doesn't mean they haven't been surpassed, but saying that old shows are remembered merely because they're old is...

Most shows don't get remembered; that's barely a point you're making. Again, the time period is the focus, not any specific show. Do you know what nostalgafagging is? Stop being obtuse. There is a reason I didn't drop any names.
>>
>>155639147
>If you think people won't like something simply because it existed or was what they knew at the time then I'm not sure what to say
But you see, people know more than a single thing at a point in time. This thing didn't exist in a vacuum where it was the only thing that existed, you know? There were a lot of things back then, all vying for attention and grabbing for popularity, they remember THAT thing specifically and not the other things for a reason. It doesn't have to be good in an objective sense, it has to leave a strong impression.

I'm not being obtuse, but you seem to refuse to engage your brain because you're apparently on some crusade against "nostalgiafagging" or some shit. You go as far as to "conclude" that certain shows are liked because of the time period they came out in, but apparently fail to ask the actual pertinent question: why THESE SHOWS SPECIFICALLY out of the tens/hundreds that existed within that time period?
>>
>>155604703
U rack disciprine
>>
File: green rage.gif (432KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
green rage.gif
432KB, 480x270px
>>155639508

>But you see, people know more than a single thing at a point in time. This thing didn't exist in a vacuum where it was the only thing that existed, you know

... And where did I implying that it did? I set a keyword for you in my first post, 'some' not all or none. Some shows, some people, in some situations.

>I'm not being obtuse, but you seem to refuse to engage your brain because you're apparently on some crusade against "nostalgiafagging" or some shit.

You being obtuse is debatable at this point. Again, SOME not all. Some people like some shows for this reason, that, as i said, should be taken into consideration. You're borderline working in absolutes, anon. Jesus Christ man.

>You go as far as to "conclude" that certain shows are liked because of the time period they came out in, but apparently fail to ask the actual pertinent question: why THESE SHOWS SPECIFICALLY out of the tens/hundreds that existed within that time period?

People can like stupid crap for stupid reasons, let us not pretend there is some high-bar shows must leap over to achieve fame. Things can just happen, sometimes it does, airing at the right time, seen by the right audience, so on. Conversely, sometimes shows are actually just good, even if they are forgotten. Read my fucking posts, anon. I never came out against or for this bs, it was merely a suggestion. Stop being obtuse.
>>
>>155639826
Man, I'm done with this discussion. You haven't presented a single argument or line of reasoning to explain why you believe your position to be true. You use "some" as if you believe that adding that word to a completely nonsensical and illogical idea somehow makes it true, as if it's correct simply by virtue of not being an all-inclusive statement. You gloss over everything and simply assume your position to be true, without applying any thought as to why that would make sense. At this point I can only believe that you're trolling or completely lack any skills in logic and critical thinking.

Anyway, enjoy your evening or whatever time of day you're in.
>>
>>155641159
Classic loser's argument.
>>
>>155634841
Fucking Americans
>>
>>155635689
>>155637984
>>155638422
cute af, saved.

>season 2 never ever
you can take me now Lord.
>>
Is it too late to say I want to lick Umi's legs?
>>
>>155635689
>Playing chess against a computer
Never do this. It's their domain now.
>>
>>155643417
Yes, we do.
>>
>>155644125
Way too late.
>>
>>155607606
Do u ever read at the pace they talk even if you can read faster? Feels weird to speed read it and then the character still talking
>>
>>155604703
If you shit on said highly regarded anime, you get guaranteed replies. You can also impersonate the defending party once the bait OP is on.
>>
>>155604747
This. I watch muh Japanese animes with sister, she mostly likes them and is always very eager to discuss.
>>
>>155633206
Well i hardly was normalfag or any of my friends
>>
>>155604703
realize that /a/ is mostly full of lowest common denominators from inferior countries and you have no desire to discuss anything you are watching with any of them
>>
>>155604703
Respected classics will keep coming up in discussion of other shows.
>>
File: mgif.gif (560KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
mgif.gif
560KB, 500x439px
>>155634914
I didn't even start watching anime until 2013 when people kept spamming Kill la Kill on /v/ and I felt like I was missing out.
>>
>>155637984
Fuck off with that bullshit. I see more newfags that wont watch pre-2000 anime because HURR IT LOOKS WIERD AND OLD and think everything new is better and older shows arent worth it
>>
>>155650825
/a/ is literally the only place I have any will to discuss anime in. What are the alternatives? Cancerous forums and plebbit?
>>
>>155650825
>realize that /a/ is mostly full of lowest common denominators from inferior countries
fuck off leaf
>>
>>155652160
Fuck off, /pol/ and/or /int/
>>
File: Raffing Rance.png (64KB, 189x226px) Image search: [Google]
Raffing Rance.png
64KB, 189x226px
>>155639826
>nostalgiafags amirite? Jesus Christ gaise
>god i hate nostalgiafags, im such an up to date and modern person so ofcourse im better than those shitters im so hip and trendy and new!
>jesus christ! fucking nostalgiafags ruin everything. certainly my bitching isn't bad though. FUCK OLD PEOPLE
kek ur a shitter
>>
I can't believe this thread is still active
>>
>>155650904
Nah, only meme shows
>>
>>155649767
honto
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.