[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me whats so good about this manga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 91CYbEBdUjL.jpg (542KB, 1400x1995px) Image search: [Google]
91CYbEBdUjL.jpg
542KB, 1400x1995px
I've read a couple chapters and it lost me on chapter 2 when the MC randomly swears his to the girl who just said she wanted to destroy the earth for no reason
>>
Airspace Control: Babylon
>>
Alright boys, how would you rank his famous three works?

For me it's
Spirit Circle > Sengoku Youko > Biscuit Hammer
>>
>>155596593
>Spirit Circle > Sengoku Youko > Biscuit Hammer
this Spirit Circle = Sengoku Youko > Biscuit Hammer
>>
>>155596424
Overrated trash is what it is.
>>
How about you read more than 5% of the thing before asking you stupid fuck.

>>155596593
Spirit Circle has a much stronger overall story, but the characters and individual moments in Sengoku Youko were way better.

So, Sengoku Youko > Spirit Circle = Biscuit Hammer
>>
Finished it yesterday.
I have to admit, it felt rather rushed when he swore to that girl, but he has his reasons.
Just keep reading, the ending is very satisfying.
>>
It's comfy.

The characters are normal people with powers that don't really get used until the final battle.
>>
>>155596424
Some things need time to develop and unfold anon. I don't think many titles spill the entire endgame by chapter 2.
>>
>>155596424
>Not wanting to swear your loyalty to superpowered teenaged girl voiced by Mizuki Nana that wants to destroy the world for both your sakes
>>
>>155596424
Character development, showing actual growth while still maintaining shounen style. You don't get much of depressing, pessimistic shit for the sake of being depressing and pessimistic like, say, Punpun, neither do you get character development ommitted or lost in a fight after a fight like a lot of shounen series do.

The MC is a self-centered bastard not unlike many of us were or are, pic related, but you end up liking him because of how smug he is about this. Then you see him progress, grow out of his insecurities and fight for what he believes in, while you support him all the way through it.

You might say that it's a common shounen trope and it's done everywhere all the time, and you'd be right. It's not about if it's done, it's about how it's done that matters. Look at other battle shounens. Naruto? There is some character development, but who cares? It gets drowned by fights and Sasuke being emo. One Piece? It's done so unrealistically you can't help but to think you're looking at a cartoon for children with some violence mixed in, not at something that just could've happened in real life if only those powers were around. What else, Souma? It's just a collection of otherwise lifeless characters being smug about something at a given moment, plus fanservice.

>>155599190
You, on the other hand, are not even overrated.
>>
Another notable thing is that I remember pretty much all side characters. I may not remember their names, but I remember what they were about, because they were all likeable and memorable. It's an usual practice to define a support character with one or two traits, but it's not easy to make them stick in your memory instead of fading into background during reading and being completely forgotten after.

>>155596593
Biscuit Hammer >= Spirit Circle > Sengoku Youko
>>
>>155603051
You could say it's a battle manga, but it was serialized in the same seinen magazine Spirit Circle was. Sengoku Youko is the shounen series, but either way they're better than a lot of battle manga.
>>
>>155596593
Because I was reading Spirit Circle at the same time as Sengoku Youko:

Spirit Circle > Sengoku Youko > Biscuit Hammer

If I were to red them individually now that everything is done:

Spirit Circle = Sengoku Youko >= Biscuit Hammer.

Can't wait for his next work.
>>
>>155603339
read*
>>
File: Hoshi_no_Samidare_ch48_04.png (2MB, 1147x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Hoshi_no_Samidare_ch48_04.png
2MB, 1147x1700px
Biscuit Hammer>Spirit Circle>Sengoku Youko

Spirit Circle is probably Mizukami's best written work so far, I personally enjoyed the more character-driven Samidare, largely because Yuuhi ended up being my favorite character in any of his series.
>>
>>155596424
Spirit Circle > Biscuit Hammer > Sengoku Youko = shonen shit
>>
Spirit Circle animated never ever. What a pity.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.