[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree Junji Ito is currently the best horror mangaka,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Can we agree Junji Ito is currently the best horror mangaka, right?

Share your fav story and why.

Mine is Secret of the Haunted Mansion, the lady at the end is the only thing that to this day has manage to give me some nightmare. I can't stand at the black panel of her face.

Now share yours, /a/non.
>>
File: 01_045-1-1.jpg (38KB, 549x800px) Image search: [Google]
01_045-1-1.jpg
38KB, 549x800px
Masaaki Nakayama is a better writer but Ito is great too yeah
>>
>>155584007
overrated as hell

none of his shit is scary
>>
File: Blue Moth.jpg (287KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Moth.jpg
287KB, 840x1200px
Horror doesn't do it for me in manga. I like it as a genre for the plots but I could never get the scary merries.
Don't know if counts as horror but Maruo is good.
>>
>>155584007
Out of it's element is mine, it fed my fear-fascination with deep sea creatures.
>>
File: ItouJunjiCatDiary_p006.png (339KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ItouJunjiCatDiary_p006.png
339KB, 1120x1600px
cat diary is the best
>>
>>155584192
Ill check him. Im currently reading voices in the dark
>>
>>155584471
Whats his best work?
>>
>>155584582
I agrede, i loved it
>>
>>155584619
Warau Kyuuketsuki
>>
>>155584007
Is it even horror when it's not scary at all?
Most of his stories are silly and have shit finales while the ones that leave you impressed are just plain gross more than scary.
>>
>>155584007
IDK, OP. I tend to classify as "horror" things that scare the shit out of you, not mushroom trips and shit.
>>
>>155584733
>>155584754

Then tell wich one you find more scary. Ill be glad to know
>>
>>155584684
Thanks, ill chck it tomorrow
>>
Amigara Fault scared the shit out of me, then I started to read Uzumaki and i was shitting myself for weeks.
>>
>>155584007
So many good ones, I don't them scary but more creepy and unsettling. Amigara Fault and the one about the guys ancestors come to mind, but basically love all his shit except for the ones with Souichi. Anyone have any suggestions of 's and they were meh, and I've read a little bit of Shintarou Kago's work but can't find a lot of his stuff translated online.
>>
>>155585947
lol fuck me accidently deleted some of my sentence.

I meant I read both Fuan No Tane mangas and both were meh. If anyone has any suggestions for similar stuff to Ito's hmu
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.