[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How it was Animax in your cunt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

In my region (Latin America), it was full of crappy dubs (the good dubs were from third parties), only broadcasted 3 anime movies in English and later incorpored Sony Pictures' live-action movies and TV series.
>>
The Animax K-On! dub is kino.
>>
>>155492235
Do you have a sample of it?
>>
>>155492198
In their early days here they were airing Blue Gender of all things.
Before they disappeared, they were airing Honey and Clover, all day everyday. Also Kilari!
>>
>>155494450

That's quite interesting. Here in Latin America they broadcasted stuff like Serial Experiments Lain and Pilot Candidate.
>>
2006-2008 latinanimax was the GOAT.
>>
>>155492198

Animax was God tier on South East Asia.

South East asia gets the best anime shows after Japan.
>>
>>155492198
The only thing I remember is that shitty xxx Holic dub and some a small scene from what it seemed like a yuri anime that disturbed me.
>>
>>155492198
Animax was so fucking good here in latinamerica. i'm not sure what the fuck happened, one day out of nowhere they started airing hours and hours of live concerts from america, and out of nowhere they stopped airing anime just for music and reality shows, and out of nowhere Animax changed to Sony and then it was over.
>>
>>155499079
Keyword: Was

When they start showing that korean shit on the channel, I called my satellite tv service and unsubscribe the damn thing
>>
>>155492198
They had a pretty interesting selection in LA. These days the only anime we get on TV is the millionth rerun of Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, Saint Seiya and Doraemon.
>>
>>155500421
You are from Chile, aren't you?
>>
File: 1358897162551.jpg (89KB, 653x716px) Image search: [Google]
1358897162551.jpg
89KB, 653x716px
>>155501970
Yes.
>>
>>155502042
r-relax anon, we MIGHT get something """decent""" with Zero no tsukaima airing on etc tv
just fucking kidding, have your 30th rerun of DBZ and random episodes of naruto, a shit show about video games and Korean Dramas
At least they're dubbing Robotics;Notes
>>
>>155502319
>Robotics;Nope
I'm amazed Latin America still dubs anime.
>>
Animax was alright but only on thursdays.

The best anime channel was Locomotion tbqh.
>>
>>155492198
In worst korea and it's mostly shitty dubs of shitty entry level shows. Though recently they did air Jinrui and K.

And they all air at nighttime. At noon it's all literal babbys shows.
>>
>>155502427
Yeah, it's pretty impressive, since not that many people really watch anime in there
I'm hoping that it gets popular if it ever means getting a Steins;Gate dub since I'm kinda curious who'd they cast
>>
>>155502427
Dude, there has been lots of Latin American Spanish dubs:
xx. Title (Country of dubbing) (Client of the dub)

01. Ping Pong: The Animation (Argentina) (Japan Foundation)
02. Kids on the Slope (Argentina) (Japan Foundation)
03. Mononoke (Argentina) (Japan Foundation)
04. Robotics;Notes (Mexico City) (???)
05. Origin: Spirits of the Past (Mexico City) (ZIMA Entertainment)
06. Yo-Kai Watch: The Movie (Argentina) (MarVista Entertainment)
07. Dragon Ball Super (Mexico City) (Toei Animation)
08. Magic Kaito 1412 (Mexico City) (Yomiuri-tv)
09. An anime of Black Jack (Mexico City) (Japan Foundation)
10. Phoenix (Mexico City) (Japan Foundation)
11. In This Corner of the World (Mexico City) (Arcade Media)
12. Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold (Mexico City) (Toei Animation)
13. Sword Art Online (Mexico City) (Arcade Media)
14. Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale (Mexico City) (Arcade Media)
15. One Punch Man (Mexico City) (Viz Media)
16. Little Witch Academia (Chile) (Netflix)
17. Ronia the Robber's Daughter (Mexico City) (Canal Once)
18. Nanatsu no Taizai: Signs of Holy War (Mexico City) (Netflix)
19. Cyborg 009: Call of Justice (Mexico City) (Netflix)
20. Kuromukuro (Mexico City) (Netflix)
21. Yo-Kai Watch (Argentina) (MarVista Entertainment)

And that's just this year.
>>
>>155502975
But without animax, in what channel all those air?
>>
>>155503291
RolloCrujiente Channel.
>>
>>155503291
01. The anime of the Japan Foundation (and Magic Kaito 1412) airs on random Mexican channels of the interior of the country and, in some cases, ETC TV and Canal Once.
02. Origin is going straight to DVD.
03. Super goes to CN.
04. In This Corner in cinemas.
05. Soul of Gold to ETC and air channels from South America.
06. Sword Art Online series to RollitoCrujiente Channel.
07. SAO movie to cinemas.
08. One Punch Man to Netflix.
09. Ronia to Canal Once from Mexico (duh!).
10. Yo-Kai Watch and its movie to Disney XD.
11. The dubs produced by Netflix go to, well, Netflix.
12. Regarding Robotic;Notes, only God knows.
>>
>>155503481
>Nexflix
Well shit, i hooe jk anime and the othwrs can rip those dubs.
>>
File: 1.jpg (75KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
75KB, 225x350px
>>155492198
There were no dubs but the subs were nothing to look at either.
I remember watching yakitate japan, and up until kanmuri showed up shirtless in an episode they literally referred to him as "her".
Eventually it died, i assume because it lacked audiences.
>>
>>155502975
I'm pretty suprised. I thought that dubbing was pretty much dead, but I don't watch TV anyways.
>>
>>155503291
Anyways, there were lots of stuff that Animax Latin America didn't air, like:
1. Everything by TMS (Conan, Cobra, Lupin, Magic Knight Rayearth, Lady Oscar, Red Baron, Ashita no Joe, Remi)
2. Some Toei contents that weren't secured by CN (Sailor Moon, Candy Candy)
3. Everything by Comarex (Conan movies, Saint Seiya's TMS series, Heidi),
4. Some Televix material (You're Under Arrest)
5. Everything by Rose Entertainment (Doraemon, Ninja Hattori, Jibaku-kun, Slayers)
6. Surprisingly, the majority of Sony anime backlog -mostly movies- (Paprika, Tekkonkinkreet, The Sky Crawlers -that Spain did air-, The First Squad, Onigamiden, Memories, Street Fighter II V, Metropolis, the Street Fighter II movie, Appleseed Alpha)
7. Everything by Disney (Kiki, Spirited Away, Arrietty, Mononoke hime).
8. Even some material from Locomotion (éX-Driver).
>>
>>155503481
I just noticed that Canal Once is going to air Kindaichi Case Files this Saturday, that seems random as fuck.
>>
>>155504461
Tekkonkinkreet in Animax would've been a blast. It did had one of the very few Argentine Sony dubs that was decent.
>>
>>155503625
From which region was that?
>>
>>155492198
Went from majority dubs to more subs. It does almost-simulcasts now. There was also a time when it showed K-dramas.
>>
>>155498399
They still had shitty dubs and a notable lack of movies.
>>
How old do you think I am, faggot?
>>
>>155492198
It had that awkward period were it had English dubs, then went back to subs

Then I moved to an apartment with a low budget cable so I can't watch it anymore
>>
Argentina dubbed ping pong?!
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.