[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't shoujo mangas get as much anime adaptions as shounens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Why don't shoujo mangas get as much anime adaptions as shounens?
>>
They don't have as much to gain from adaptions unless it's an action manga.
>>
>>155455935
Maybe because modern shojo mangas suck
>>
>>155455935
they don't sell nearly as well
>>
Because it's a smaller market. Duh.
>>
Because we need generic harem romcoms for the 100th time
>>
They should make more kid-friendly shojo's like Kodocha
That one was a massive success in Japan especially with it's amazing anime adaptation
>>
>>155456446
Which is weird cause in the Manga it had uncle-niece incest and teen pregnancy
>>
>>155456524
>uncle-niece incest
I always took that as one Obana's quirky shit
>teen pregnancy
That was a thing in the anime too same as in the manga

Either way the series appealed to a broader audience rather than just pandering to degenerate fujoshi teens like nowadays
>>
File: 1488364178383.jpg (46KB, 720x705px) Image search: [Google]
1488364178383.jpg
46KB, 720x705px
>>155455935
Because there are only a few non-fujoshi girls that actually like this.

You don't know who is saving anime don't you?
>>
>>155455935
Most western women hate Anime girls. They want gay shit like yuri on ice
>>
>>155455935
Shoujo is boring.
>>
>>155456227
>>155456251
These. WSJ sells twice as much as the top five shoujo magazines combined.

>>155456213
>implying shounen don't suck
>implying quality has anything to do with getting adaptations

>>155456879
What the fuck do Western women have to do with anything?

>>155456446
There are plenty of kid-friendly shoujo manga being published. No one except actual little girls cares about them.
>>
>>155456940
>implying shounen don't suck
I never implied that
But let's face it...boys are more into manga/comics than girls so even if they're shit they'll get anime adaptations
>>
>>155457003
>Why do shoujo not get adapted as much as shounen?
>Because they suck.
You sort of did imply that.
>>
>>155456940
>There are plenty of kid-friendly shoujo manga being published.
Any that is actually a good one?
There's a reason why Shojo manga isn't as popular as it used to be in the '80s and '90s

Shojo manga used to be more down-to-earth relatable stuff. Now most shojo's are just rape fantasies
>>
>>155457030
I didn't imply Modern Shonen don't suck
I just said Modern Shojo suck
>>
>>155455935
Clamp is dead
>>
>>155457063
>Now most shojo's are just rape fantasies

Written by women
>>
>>155455935
The little girl audience market share is already taken by other shows
>>
>>155457063
>Any that is actually a good one?
That seems sort of irrelevant to the point, but 12-sai was pretty nice. I only know that because it got an anime, though - most actual little girl series don't get translated because, like I just said, no one except little girls cares about them.

>Shojo manga used to be more down-to-earth relatable stuff. Now most shojo's are just rape fantasies
This whole "all shoujo is smut!" shit is one of the dumbest stereotypes on /a/, honestly. That stuff is mostly limited to a handful of magazines like Cheese or Shocomi. Pick up Ciao, Ribon, Nakayoshi, Princess, Mystery Bonita, Hana to Yume, etc., LaLa, etc. and find me all these rape fantasies that are supposedly dominating shoujo manga.
>>
>>155457266
Of course
Women are the ones who fantasize about being raped the most

I wish they would just classify all of this rape shit as "Josei"
It's disgusting that young girls read this kind of crap
>>
>>155457063
>Now most shojo's are just rape fantasies
What the hell are you reading?
>>
>>155455935
Boy/boy is cuter
>>
>>155457316
But even if they're not rape fantasies they're not really down to earth or relatable anymore

And the fucking art is atrocious...what happened to the charming art of 20th century shojo manga?
It got replaced by this fucking disgusting abomination where everything looks like plastic

Shojo manga used to be enjoyable for a lot of people to read...now I don't even know who it's audience is anymore
Even girls are reading more shonen nowadays because shojo has gotten that bad while shonen manga has maintained it's broad appeal

How do we go from stuff like Sailor Moon to basically fucking nothing nowadays
>>
>>155457519
I get the feeling you don't actually read shoujo manga.
>>
Because they have less weekly magazine(or zero, I think they have bi-weekly or monthly).
Because usually the series are 1 volume , Story collection, or interminable series about the same topic and same arquetipe
Because those manga don't sell like shonen, shonen ai, shojo ai manga.
Because only hana to yume is a decent magazine.
Still like the demography
>>
>>155457554
>shojo ai
I have to say seinen here
>>
>>155457551
No I don't read today's shojo manga because they're eye-inducing cancer
>>
>>155457519
What, you want Glass Mask type art? That would make it look like satire
>>
>>155457610
What's wrong with that?
Looks 1000 times better than the flowery bullshit artstyle they use in modern shojo manga
>>
>>155457599
> No I don't read today's shojo manga
So all your complaints aside from the artstyle ones are automatically invalidated.

> because they're eye-inducing cancer
Ignoring everything else dumb about this generalization, you do realize there are fucktons of shoujo mangaka from the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, and 50s who are still active and drawing more or less the same way as they always have, right? The new generation doesn't just magically take over while the old one all retire after ~15 years of work.
>>
>>155457599
>eye-inducing cancer
>cancer that causes your cells to grow out of control into eyes everywhere
This sounds like a horrifying disease indeed.
>>
>>155457674
neither artstyle is "wrong"
>>
>>155455935
Shoujo manga adaptions are dead in a ditch. The trend for female fans that want a straight romance are anime adaptions of otome games. Shoujo manga usually behind male oriented series in sales and fans. Girls still read stuff in shonen magazines but you'd be hard pressed to find guys that read shoujo. Some even complain about any series that doesn't pander to them and call the fans degenerate fujoshi teens or whatever.
There were a lot of popular shoujo series that never say the light of adaption back when too. Shonen series have greater appeal and merchandising. There are so few romance shoujo that can sell to female fans. The ones that get big are usually magical series for a younger audience that adults enjoy.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.