[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started Yu Yu Hakusho today, can't decide between the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Just started Yu Yu Hakusho today, can't decide between the dub or the sub. Dub is pretty alright but some of the voices are really bad, what's the better choice here?

Also YYH thread I guess
>>
>>155445168
Dub
>>
>>155445168
Dub is better for the purpose of matching the intended characterization of the main characters and generally has snappier writing. There's not really a bad way of going about watching it though.
>>
Sub.
>>
>>155445168
Either or. Outside of the principal cast, the dub voices range from tolerable to god-awful. The dub script also suffers from a liberal amount of rewrites that range from amusingly clever to "scriptwriter-trying-too-hard-to-demonstrate- his-wit" levels of irritating. There's a difference between re-writing lines to fit the dubbing process or "punching up" lines to be funnier, and changing lines to the point where they contradict a character's personality or motives. I feel like people who put it up on a pedestal have selective memory when it comes to assessing its quality. It's very good for the era but it's hardly "the only correct way to watch". The Japanese version features some of the great seiyuus of the era.
>>
>>155445168
Sub; the "this is one of the few shows where the dub is much better" is a meme. The dub is good, but the sub is still much better.
>>
dub voices are all hit or misses but i would still pick dub
>>
I don't get why people ask, just watch shows in their original linguage.
>>
Brazilian dub
>>
Dub. Justin cook as yusuke is fucking GOAT. That scene in the cave where the pain of the spirit energy makes him start screaming still gives me chills to this day.
>>
I like dub for Hiei and Kurama
>>
I can't imagine Kuwabara's voice as anything but the dub voice. It is permanently burned into my mind.
>>
>>155445168

>Sub
>Shinji from EVA voices Kurama
>Veteran seiyuu Shigeru Chiba and Mayumi Tanaka voicing as Kuwabara and Koenma.
>Hiei voiced by Link from the Legend of Zelda

>Dub
>Well known to English speakers
>English version of opening better than original
>Jin has an Irish accent and Chu has an Australian accent.

Try the dub for the first few episodes, and if you don't like the dub, watch the sub.
>>
>>155445672
>they contradict a character's personality or motives

Elaborate.
>>
>>155452719
>>155454644
Eh, I always found Kurama's voice way too low and masculine in the dub. I like that he sounds more boyish and sometimes playful
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.