[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This movie is for nostalgic fans >Neither Yugi or Kaiba

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17

File: 77614.jpg (65KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
77614.jpg
65KB, 225x319px
>This movie is for nostalgic fans
>Neither Yugi or Kaiba play any of their original cards
>Except for the Dark Magician or The blue eyes white dragon and even those cards arent exactly "the original"
>The black magician looks more like the black magician of chaos and the blue eyes has some robotic shit and sparkly trash
>Horrible "Dimensional Duels"
>That allows to summon monster without tributing and giving the ATK points that you want
>Use a lot of trap and magic cards, no one been from the original yugi and kaiba decks
>They dont even explain what the hell they do
>Everything is so freaking fast that Yugi and Kaiba lose LP and I dont even know why
>The villain deck its retarded, I dont know what the hell do his cards. He simply dont explain anything.
The duels are like the original card game nowadays, all pure OTKs, if you don't win in one turn you lose. If you want to focus all the action on the monsters fighting over and over and over with new effects and traps that you don't explain why I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh instead of freaking pokemon for example?
This isnt a Yu-Gi-Oh movie, these characters aren't Yugi and Kaiba. This movie is an insult to the old Yu-Gi-Oh fans.
>>
File: Fives.jpg (37KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
Fives.jpg
37KB, 555x555px
>>155437623
Shit opinion, shit thread; check these fives.
>>
File: 1411085591745.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1411085591745.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>155437645
KoG pls. Why would you derail this thread on the first post?
>>
File: did someone say card games.png (182KB, 480x328px) Image search: [Google]
did someone say card games.png
182KB, 480x328px
>>155437645
>>
Essentially, to sum all of the problems up into one word, it was contrived... and rushed. Sorry, that was two words. In my opinion, everything that happened in this movie happened because they needed it to happen. They needed new monsters - insert a hundred different variations of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon that had no build-up, reason for existing or proper differentiation (more on this later). They needed a new enemy that had to be related to the cast somehow to make him relevant - shoehorn in some subplot was never hinted at or talked about in the original series so it felt like it came out of nowhere. They needed Atem to appear again and appear he did EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE!

Urgh... the plot. Don't even get me started. I've already talked about the shoehorned-in villain, but boy does it get better. The plot was unnecessarily convoluted and yet still managed to be contrived and seem like it came out of nowhere. What in the world was with this collective consciousness nonsense? Why is it important and how does it relate to anything? Why was Kaiba's Duel Disk perfectly equipped to combat his powers? Seriously, it could have been anything else and have been much better explained and understandable. How could Kaiba pull out a God Card from the ground and play it with his virtual system?

Speaking of Kaiba, that subplot with his obsession was really at odds with Aigami's plot. There was hardly any correlation. Not to mention, sure he was obsessed with Yugi, but they really pushed his obsession a little too far in this one. Though, I have to admit, that would have been a compelling enough story in and of itself if they had taken their time to expand on it. Also, Kaiba removing the Millennium Puzzle from the crypt and actually solving it with technology was kinda cool, but it completely ruined the mystique of the items. Wouldn't it have been even cooler if his high-tech machines failed to solve the puzzle?
>>
>>155437855
That climax... Oh God. Remember how I was talking about them introducing new monsters for the sake of it? Well, screw duel tactics and anything of the sort, the ending was just a monster spam that got boring after the 100th "HERE'S A MORE POWERFUL MONSTER THAN YOURS". Seriously, if I have to sit though another Cubic monster and Blue-Eyes iteration that has zero differentiation from one another... This was obviously because they were rushed for time. They had a quota of monsters to push and there was no way they could dedicate 30 minutes to build up a single monster.

Also, the GOD DAMN CG. Why are some monsters like the Black Magician and the Black Magician Girl in normal 2D, simulated-cel animation while many of the other monsters were rendered in 3DCG? Seriously, STICK TO ONE. It's horrendous enough that they used CG, but if they had made ALL the monsters CG, there would have been at least a point! You know, creating a disconnect between the real and the virtual? But no, we can't have our Black Magician Girl be polygons, can we?

This is a perfect example of an unnecessary sequel that was made for the sake of being made. Regardless of what the creator said, I felt zero passion from this project and everything was paint-by-numbers and forced. For a fan, I really don't think I would have missed out if I hadn't seen it. Personally speaking, the ONLY good thing that came out of this was unexpected Bakura Flashback
>>
my complaint is that there are too many damn guys
>>
>>155437623
Maybe because nostalgiafags are disgusting subhumans that shouldn't be pandered to?
>>
To be honest, Aigami was a shit villain. Remove him and his subplot, focus more on Kaiba's obsession with Atem, build it up in the first 30 minutes or so and the rest of movie's runtime can be focused on Kaiba and Yugi's duel. I'm sure it would have been more entertaining.
>>
>>155437623
>>155437855
>>155437886
Sick blog but no matter how much you shitpost it was still a fun movie and your slowness won't change that
>>
is the dub out yet?

Yugioh is probably the only thing I need the dub and not the sub for.
>>
lmao
>>
>>155437978
>Arc-v budget gone for this thrash
Disgusting
>>
I was kinda hoping Bakura would get back the ring to BTFO Aigami and steal back the main antagonist title, just like usual.
>>
>>155438123
Not an argument
>>
>>155438648
>le Arc-V was bad, let's blame it on the movie meme
Arc-V had a whole year after the movie to fix it's problems and only went downhill.
>>
>>155437623
I stopped following Yu-Gi_oh a long time ago, I am not familiar with the cards played in the movie. I still enjoyed it immensely. It was just nice to get to hang out with Yugi and his friends, to once again witness the glorious madman that is Seto Kaiba. It had nothing to do with the actual card game, more about the aesthetic of the show and the atmosphere. It's a movie, so who cares about the villain? They aren't the story, they're the excuse for the story, the vehicle. The movie totally delivered on the traditional YGO aesthetic, I liked it a lot.
>>
>>155438133
Fucking ages ago. In fact, the dub came out first. I still remembering waiting months for that sub.
>>
>>155437623
>He watches Original Yugioh for the card games

Kaiba stole the movie easily
>>
>>155438133
Iirc Dub wasout before Subs

And they're glorious
>>
>>155437623
My only complaint was how it retconned shadi and made the millennium ring kind of lame

I think you might be a philistine if you're complaining about the quality of your in movie trading card commercial anon...
>>
>>155438700
I talk about the animation dumbass
>>
File: Yugioh224.jpg (12KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh224.jpg
12KB, 500x363px
>>155438746
I am glad this is the dominant view. I had so much fun on Kaiba's wild ride.
>>
>>155438746
But the best Original Yugioh arc is Battle city which is the card games friendo
>>
>>155438837
Just because it has card games doesn't mean it's the best

Anyways it's not like the manga isn't better overall which has a lot less card games
>>
>>155438767
>Y-You can't complaint because it's tcg commercial
>>
File: kaiba2.jpg (906KB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
kaiba2.jpg
906KB, 1920x3240px
>>155438807
Giving Kaiba most of the spotlight was the best decision they made for this movie.
>>
File: 1490757778502.jpg (1MB, 1280x2129px) Image search: [Google]
1490757778502.jpg
1MB, 1280x2129px
>>155438746
Kaiba will never stop being the best rival in manga. He might as well be a Legend of Koizumi character at this point, and I love him for it.
>>
>>155438921
>Kaiba's ego
>needing boosting
>>
>>155438908
This made me get disappointed later on when Slifer and Ra didn't get used at all.
>>
>>155438884
>Manga has a lot less card game
Wrong
>>
>>155438983
A lot more character interactions and less filler is what I should clarify
>>
>>155439048
>filler in original work
Are you retarded?
>>
>>155438908
>>155438921
>absolutely no explanation for this bullshit
>I still don't really question it because of Kaiba's sheer awesomeness
>>
So, was it worth it?
>>
>>155439143
Should show the duel to see he is jobbing again
>>
>>155437623
>>They dont even explain what the hell they do
That was the weirdest thing to me, I actually had to look up the wiki to figure out how the fuck Yugi won in the last turn. It's like they assumed viewers would be familiar with the card effects even though most of these cards are new and their OCG versions often have completely different effects, especially the Cubics.
>>
>>155439143
Yes. More Kaiba being Kaiba and Yugi duelling entirely as Yugi and no Atem.
As far as nostalgia baits go, better than Digimon Tri.
>>
>>155439132
Obelisk is the only god Yami summoned during the final duel in the manga.

The soul still lingers in that site after it's defeated, so Kaiba just called him back.
>>
>>155439212
Obelisk is the only good God card in the meta game anyways
>>
>>15543797
Latest Yugioh has no Gishki and just Extra Deck Abuse.

Only Links and Old Yugioh can save us now.
>>
>>155437623
I was disappointed that Joey didn't duel Aigami so he could show off some new cards of his own. The whole thing about him wanting a new duel disk went nowhere.
>>
>>155437623
>They dont even explain what the hell they do
That's the best part of the movie. "Let explain what pot of greed does" breaks the flow of the matches all too often, especially in anime form. It's so much better to have Yugi just summon Palladium Oracle Mahad and get on with the fight without breaking up the flow of the battle with
>B-BAKANA!!??
>Palladium Oracle Mahad can be special summoned from hand when I draw it!
>>
>>155439320
Yeah he's a pretty neat character for other side characters in the series

Too bad nearly everyone else is worthless and he gets bunched up with them
>>
>>155439248
That would actually be Ra these days thanks to Sphere Mode.
>>
>>155439248
Not really.

He's the least shit god card but he's still shit.

And Sphere Mode is better.
>>
>>155437645
King of Games wins again
>>
Just how rich is Kaiba? How much money would a hypothetical space elevator cost?
>>
>>155439450
And he build it within the span of 3 years of high school too.

Don't think too deep into it.
>>
>>155439450
Seriously how many G's would your body experience
>>
>>155439450
Why did he even need the space elevator to solve the Millenium Puzzle?
>>
>>155439348
Oh sure i love atem draw card, put it in duel disk and win the game because asspull
>>
File: 1490765581394.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490765581394.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>killing one of your employees just to shill your new VR system

Why hasn't the UN nuked Domino City yet?
>>
monster dewa nai kami da !
モンスターではない神だ‼︎

*god's music playing in background*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZFEf7dB6g
>>
>>155439570
Actually he just needed to be out in space for 0 gravity to make it easier. The space elevator was probably just made for other reasons or he helped fund it.
>>
>>155439625
The employee wasn't real, he was VR
>>
>>155439540
The weird thing is that the satellite seems to have artificial gravity to boot.
>>
>>155439348
>B-BAKANA!!??
That's not how it goes retard, he will said because MUH HEART OF THE CARD and proceed to give speech
>>
>>155439175
>Should show the duel to see he is jobbing again
Take that back.
>>
>>155439697
>B-BAKANA!!??
That's the enemy saying it, faggot.
>>
File: p_00021.jpg (233KB, 750x1186px) Image search: [Google]
p_00021.jpg
233KB, 750x1186px
Reminder Kaiba is murdered and you should feels bad for liking him
>>
>>155439450
>Just how rich is Kaiba?
Rich enough to have a state of the art surveillance system operating on an entire city go totally unnoticed, one sophisticated enough to tell him the moment a specific someone isn't where he was 1 second ago.
>>
>>155439742
Iirc he was dangling Joey's key from the mind control battle wondering if he hit his limit and started to drown before dropping the key
>>
>>155439742
He already got mindraped for his crimes. He has served his sentence.
>>
File: 1489769940363.jpg (3MB, 1200x2520px) Image search: [Google]
1489769940363.jpg
3MB, 1200x2520px
>>155439450
The man OWNS the city, all of its profit, various acres of land and space, endless amounts of priceless cards, multiple high profit chains around the world, owns literal fucking foundations of random scientific/engineering/space colonization/whatever, a self funding globalized monopolized company --with hundreds of thousands of employees-- that basically controls Duel Monsters and all of it's rights and property (Except the cards themselves), a game astronomically more popular than even our most popular sports, so much that it's basically a way of life for most young adults.

Remember battle city? Kaiba is so rich, he changed law (No one can dispute him, since he owns everything), put thousands in danger, created new dueling technology and then forced everyone to buy it, bought an island, built a battle blimp, built a battle tower on island, then BLEW IT UP--simply because he wanted to,and left on his private Blue Eyes waifu jet to go make billions of the American market, all for the sake of his ego towards some guy who beat him in a children's card game.
>>
>>155439742
That was the old Kaiba before Yugi mind crushed him, destroying the evil within. Now he's a good wholesome Kaiba who threatens suicide if he is about to lose, kidnaps people, spies on everyone, and is totally ok watching his employees die.
>>
>>155440028
>threatens suicide if he is about to lose
He did it for his brother; he had no choice but to do anything to win so he could save him.

>kidnaps people
Never has

>spies on everyone
He owns the city, he's not really "spying" on anyone. Maybe go build your own city

>Watching his employees die
It was vr, and on the contrary Kaiba is an amazing employer. Not only does he give jobs to hundreds of thousands of people while fueling their economy, his jobs probably come with great pay, benefits, and hours.
>>
>>155440218
>Never has
>>
>>155440218
>It was vr, and on the contrary Kaiba is an amazing employer. Not only does he give jobs to hundreds of thousands of people while fueling their economy, his jobs probably come with great pay, benefits, and hours.
>>
>>155440439
>>155440467
>blaming Kaiba for shit that the villain was responsible for
>>
>>155440439
terrorist

>>155440467
he knew the dangers of being a suit guy when he signed up for the job
>>
>>155440439
>You will never join Kaiba's Cyberpunk Ninja Squad
>>
>>155440218
>He owns the city, he's not really "spying" on anyone. Maybe go build your own city
That's like saying that since the government "owns" the coutry they have the right to spy on their citizens.
>>
>>155440530
>he knew the dangers of being a suit guy when he signed up for the job
Yes, but Kaiba clearly has magic cancelling tech, it's in his duel disc, in the deprivation mask they put on Diva, in the suits his goon squad wears while they kidnap him, etc..

Why couldn't he have turned on his duel disc 10s sooner to save his bodyguard guy?
>>
>You will never be spied on, forced to register your deck and put in danger for the sole reason of playing card games by Kaiba
Why even live?
>>
bakura should have been the villain again
>>
>>155441172
Does the spirit of the millennium ring even really exist anymore? It just seemed like a corrupting evil force that changes the host, rather than an entity that takes over.
>>
Watched it in the cinema. The movie was pure Kino. Of course the dimensional duels sucked, but from a nostalgia standpoint it was fantastic. It was also super self aware and it kinda felt like the dub crew watched the abridged series and worked some of the jokes into the script. Like there was a scene where Kaiba's A.I. said something about how rich or clever he is after which he tells it that he already knows, to which the A.I. replies that it already knew that he knows, but it also knows that he likes to hear about his own greatness.
All in all 8/10, would pay to watch the next movie.
>>
>>155441172
The "villain" of the movie is Shadi. His actions keep causing problems even after everything that has happen.
>>
>>155437623
So does the dub have massive changes here?
>>
>yfw you realize Kaiba literally built a tower of babel to reach the pharaoh again
>>
>>155442072
fujo*s wet dream
>>
>>155442072
>Not the Al -Masalla Obelisk
Do you even Egypt, anon?
>>
>>155438837
>Not Death-T
OUT
>>
>>155438908
What the fuck did they do to Obelisk?
He's supposed to be Blue REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>155439409
Slifer is a ridiculous stun card.
If you can consistently get him out turn 1 he outright kills tier 0 decks like Zoo.
>>
>>155439742
God, I love Evil Kaiba
>>
>>155440467
I wish Kaiba was my boss
>>
When will Solid Vision card games be real anons?
>>
>>155443597
It's based on Kaz's alternative design of the card. I think it also appeared like that in the last part of the manga.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.