[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berserk - pointless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 56856879567457.png (533KB, 1280x1929px) Image search: [Google]
56856879567457.png
533KB, 1280x1929px
I get that Berserk is badass and great etc. etc.
But is there any point to it?
Despite the constant recommendations, I can't bring myself to bother reading something where I know for a fact that, in spite of all their efforts, good will not triumph over evil, every character will ultimately fail and probably be raped to death, and the entire world is doomed to forever be a horrific Hell planet where the living envy the dead, except that the dead are also in Hell.
>>
>>155416414
it's getting a happy ending
it would be shit if it didn't after all that grimdark for three decades.
>>
>>155416414
the manga isn't over yet you fucking tard
for all we know Guts might just win
he's had plenty of small victories

sage
>>
>>155416414
Look at me.
I'm pretending to be retarded
>>
>>155416414
stop being try hard, miura
>>
>>155416492
>the manga isn't over yet you fucking tard

It's never get finished, Miura will kick it long before it approaches anything even remotely resembling a conclusion.
>>
But good already triumphed over evil, didn't you see when Griffith defeated the giant abomination and created Falconia?
>>
>>155416414
isnt all anime pointless?
>>
just stop reading after golden era arc and treat it as a story that ends on a tragic note without full closure, a study of humanity and characters
>>
>>155418258
This, everything after the golden age is shit
>>
What's the point of fictional stories anyway? Aren't they just pointless?
>>
>>155418291
But Lost Children is the best arc
>>
>>155418421
disagree
>>
What are some other decent horror/mature/gore manga?

Big fan of Octopus Girl, Berserk, Gyo and Franken Fran.
>>
>being fixed on black or white stuff
low level readers I swear to god
>>
>>155418663
Tell me more about Nietzsche, Anon. I'll be polishing up my fedora collection while I wait.
>>
>>155416414
funny, I have a problem reading the opposite.
>>
>>155416473
Space guts gets a "happy" end.
>>
>>155416414
Do you actually think it's going to end?
>>
>>155416414
>spite of all their efforts, good will not triumph over evil, every character will ultimately fail and probably be raped to death, and the entire world is doomed to forever be a horrific Hell planet where the living envy the dead, except that the dead are also in Hell.
Exactly the point, my man, struggle and death is beautiful
>>
>>155416414
Is that Artorias?
>>
>>155421757
You got it backwards, /v/.
>>
>>155416414
The would actually be pretty cool if it ended that way, the vast majority of anime and manga don't have the balls to go for a total despair end. Even the edgiest shit like this manga have characters make some kind of progress towards their goals.
>>
>>155422145
Iron blooded orphans basically had the heroes lose and the survivors change their names to go into hiding with jobs that hid them from anyone that wanted to kill them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.