[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL Notes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

These are official subs by CR. How does that make you feel?
Did Daiz and Herkz lose?
>>
Crunchyroll-sama has brought back based TL notes

Praise him OTL
>>
>>155404490
I don't mind them.
But using anmitsu and removing honorifics in the same subtrack is fucking weird.
>>
>>155404719
They did keep the honorifics too though.
>>
>>
>>155404851
Do you use sharpening filters?
>>
>BanG Dream
>More like Flop Dream
>>
>>155404914
afaik the 1080p HS release is just the 720p release upscaled with sharpening
>>
>>155404851
Super inconsistently though.
She said "Onee-chan" here for example.
>>
The D in Daiz stands for Daiz, therefor he is a self-perpetuating, recursive meme.
>>
>>155404490
DELICIOUS CARTEL TEARS
>>
>>155404490
What's the point of adding TL note for a word which can be googled? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anmitsu
It was completely pointless here and is literally worse than having no TL notes at all. They should have added TL notes for "cream" because some viewers from central Africa might not know what it is.
>>
>>155405196
I remember TL notes being literal Wikipedia URLs.
>>
>>155405243
In 5 years, you'll be able to actually click on those links in your favorite video player, not just on youtube.
>>
>>155404490
THROUGH
>>
>>155405243
I'm pretty sure I discovered /a/ due to a TL note by some shit group.
>>
Wait, do you niggers actually like this shit? It's only distracting.

"ice cream" is accurate enough.
>>
>>155405196
So you don't have to google it in the middle of the episode.
>>
>>155404490
Most of my knowledge about Jap culture is from TNs I don't mind them, but I would like an option to disable them.
>>
>>155404490
>Am I kawaii oniisan?

>TLN: kawaii means cute in japanese
>TLN: oniisan means big brother in japanese. there's also small brother but that's not what she said.
>TLN: isnt she cute? :3
>>
>>155404490
CR is learning.
>>
>>155405196
>because some viewers from central Africa might not know what it is.
You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>155405457
I used to like how Lunar had a page at the end of the episode explaining the TL notes.
>>
Subs for this show have been all over the place. Inconsistent use of honorifics, translating the rabbit's name to "Papa", random TL note, they even completely skipped one of Tae's lines once. Nothing against TL notes but fuck CR honestly, people who pay for this shit should be chemically castrated.
>>
CR has TL notes for the first "season" of Gintama that are pretty decent. Then after that they just stop and none of the cultural references are ever explained again. So some EPs become a literally wtf because they got cheap/lazy.
>>
>>155405392
Instead I have to pause to read that long as fuck TL note. It can be especially inconvenient if I am using TV to watch a new episode.

>>155405554
You must be retarded to not get the point. I'll use simpler example. Do you know what is sake, ramen or curry? Most certainly yes. But some people don't. It doesn't mean there should be TL notes for each of those words. You can never draw border between "everyone probably knows this word" and "this word is probably too obscure". So just skip TL notes, if someone is interested he can google it.
It's completely different from explaining untranslatable jokes or complex word plays.
>>
>>155404490
Her career was like a shooting star
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.