[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tohru a well written character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1490809275104.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490809275104.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Is Tohru a well written character?
>>
Maid dragon job isn't to be well written. It's just supposed to be entertaining and funny
>>
Kobayashi is the best written character in the show
>>
The show was written by a ero doujin artist
Take a guess
>>
>>155401072
I didn't watch it yet, but given it's KyoAni, I'd say no
>>
>I'm selfish
>Don't be selfish, Kanna

What do you think? Tool.
>>
>>155401139
Kobayashi is the best character in that show, bar none.
>>
>>155401215
"Do as I say not as I do" =/= Poorly writing
>>
>>155401072

Let me fondle your tits
>>
>>155401287
*Poor writing

Irony, ugh.
>>
>>155401072
Hell no

She's the worst character in the show
>>
>>155401072
She's likeable. Whether, or not she's well written is not worth discussing.
>>
>>155401072
All Kyoani characters are written and developed better than characters from any other studio.
>>
>>155401946
t. tumblr
>>
>>155401072
No, she's a poorly written character.
>>
>>155402085
How so?
>>
File: koba.jpg (195KB, 665x876px) Image search: [Google]
koba.jpg
195KB, 665x876px
>>155401139
Looks a bit sloppy if you ask me.
>>
>>155401072
Christ no but at least she's consistent.
>>
>>155402410
You won't get an answer. No anon here will elaborate, because they're just operating on confirmation bias.
>>
itt one and a half faux-deepfags cirlejerking.
What do you care about muh deep sekrit motivashuns as long as show is entertaining?
>>
What writing? This show is just supposed to be cute and sexy, it's not supposed to make you think.
>>
Actually the "drammatic" parts of the show are really jarring and out of place. Most of the time you are just watching a standard cutesy slice of life comedy but then, mostly during the last minute of the episode, you get some super drammatic dialogue that is try to imply something but it's really hard for me to care since it's not the point of the show.
>>
It's hard to say since the anime jumps everywhere. If you were to say that progress isn't made or something, knowing that the last episode is the end of volume 2 and that most of the stuff before that last episode takes place after the it (in the manga) kinda tosses out most praise and criticism about the story using the anime as a reference.
>>
>>155404008
I don't agree with this at all. We see how out of place the characters are in society through the comedy, as well as the bonds that they make with each other. That gives the dramatic scenes weight, despite being a secondary focus. They are not entirely separate despite the often immediate tonal shifts.
>>
>>155404254
Maybe I am being too harsh, I just think they are reiterating something quite basic I have known since the first episode, that she's really happy of having being accepted here. I mean it was pretty obvious and I don't see how this could go anyway more in-depth.

But that mostly boils down to how I like stories, really, so it's all subjective stuff. I like the anime, but I at times feel like the authors are thorn between making a sol or an actual anime with, you know, a plot that isn't "cute dragons doing cute things".
>>
>>155402871
This. Her flashback with the maid girl helped to make some sense of her
>pretending to be a dragon of chaos because that's what she is expected to do
>constantly treating to annihilate everything and never actually doing damage
>>
>>155404387
I think if you're looking for a strong exploration of the themes being presented in Maid Dragon, you'll be disappointed. There's plenty of other strong aspects imo, though.
>>
>>155404618
Oh no no, I am not, at all. My initial point is that since the anime is mostly trying to be just a SOL show (for a good 99% of the time) I find the drammatic shifts completely out of place. They don't reinforce characters since their basics were already all introduced, unless some groundbreaking shit happens in the manga.
>>
>>155404014
I thought that was only done so there was a coherent progression of time in the anime
>>
>>155404387
>a sol or an actual anime with, you know, a plot that isn't "cute dragons doing cute things".
These things aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
File: 1491055811949.jpg (295KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491055811949.jpg
295KB, 1200x1200px
>>155401072
Just has a good design t b h famalam
>>
>>155404775
Yeah, that's why I am saying that's probably just my autism.
>>
>>155404696
Ah, I see. I think that's really just personal taste, and is (to many ( a large part of the anime's charm in the first place.
>>
>>155404855
I apparently can't parentheses...
>>
>>155404741
It's just so they can push back the big thing in volume 2 so it can be the season finale. The manga progresses time just fine so I'm not sure why jumbling up the progression of the manga would make anything any better other than cutting together scenes so that more stuff happens sooner. I don't disagree with it as an decision made for the sake of animation, but I don't like how some people can really drive home the stereotype of an animeonlyfag.

Also fuck anyone who doesn't think manga Toru looks cute.
>>
>>155401072
Literally one joke dragon.
>>
>>155401072
Will she ever score?
>>
Tooru would be better if her personality didn't do a complete 180 after meeting Kobayashi or if there was actually sometimes threat to her words.

She's a bit better in the manga but not that much. Kobayashi is probably the best written character
>>
>>155408814
I don't feel like she did a 180, that story she told with the bandit girl sort of shows you she never really despised humans after all.
>>
Better than Kanna. Didn't really get her at first.

I get she's a kid or whatever, but she pretty much just did a 180 of being a bitch to Kobayashi to straight up "nuuuuuh i wanna go work with u"
>>
>>155409007
The story tells us she was this evil dragon who killed many humans, and she constantly says humans are inferior. Yet we never see her do anything really 'evil'. She is always stopped before she can do anything that will make the audience see her as evil. (Like in the "guess I'll just kill them" apartment scene)

Also it's not believable that she would go from her 'begone human' personality to her moe maid personality in the span of a night no matter how much she likes Kobayashi.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.