[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studio Ghibli

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: screenshot.jpg (85KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
85KB, 640x359px
For the people that didn't grow up on Ghibli, how do you feel about Miyazaki's movies as a whole?
I don't really care for the few I've seen. I don't think I possess the childlike wonder or nostalgia required to enjoy a Miyazaki film.
>>
>>155389568
that scene in spirited away when her parents transform into pigs was really hot
>>
>>155389586
fpbp
>>
>>155389568
I've only seen Nausicaä. It was enjoyable, but I'm certainly in no rush to watch his other stuff.
>>
>>155389586
Which parent?
>>
>>155389929
both of them
>>
>>155389568
They are kinda boring tb8
>>
All of Miyazaki's are slow drivel
>>
>>155389568
You're not missing out on anything. People who fellate Miyazaki works are just tryhards who want to seem "cultured". I guarantee most people who fellate them weren't even born when they were first released. Yeah, they're beautiful from an animation standpoint, but as far as story goes, they're utterly puerile and strictly for kids.

Nothing is really special about them apart from their animation.
>>
His movies doesn't make any sense.
Especially the ending, it doesn't solve any issues nor answer any questions.
>>
>>155389568
Miyazaki?
haha a try hard faggot
>>
>>155389568
I watched some of them when I was about 19, and they weren't "bad". They're incredibly ordinary movies, the plots can be nonsensical, but it's almost as if somebody took the extremely imaginative daydreams you had after reading a book at your elementary school's library, and made a movie out of that.
>>
>>155390591
This, mostly
I just can't see why they're so beloved for any reason other than nostalgia
>>
>>155389568

I haven't seen all of his stuff. Spirited Away seems incredibly overrated, I don't know what's the appeal. Howl's Moving Castle was so boring and nonsensical that I couldn't never finish it. Nausicaa and Mononoke are kinda ok. Totoro is my favourite but I won't deny it's weird as fuck.
>>
>>155389568
Childish, and maybe weird plot that sometimes feels inconclusive, but it has pretty animation. That's it.
>>
I saw Princess Mononoke. The ending was kind of unsatisfying because all the characters just kind of sat back and watched it happen.

Spirited Away was similar, everything just sort of worked out.

I don't really like when a story's resolution has nothing to do with the choices the characters make and just kind of falls into place like that. So I didn't like either of these movies for that reason. It seemed like the characters didn't actually have much input on what was going on. They were just surrounded by a bunch of stuff happening.

Haven't seen other Miyazaki stuff.
>>
>>155389568
I find most of them heartwarming, but for some reason I didn't like Totoro. I sort of felt it like a rip-off of Alice in Wonderland.
>>
>>155389568
Overrated and pretentious.
>>
>>155389568
Only watched his 90s and a couple early 2000s offerings but they were all good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.