[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 21

>>
YGO is dead.
>>
>>155385558
You'll be saying that for the next several years, and it still won't be true.
>>
>>155385993
No he's right, it is dead. At this point they're just puppetting it's corpse down the street for cash.
>>
>>155386113
This, not alot of people are going to accept a game where the company completely forces you to play exactly as they want you to. If you don't buy links you better forget about playing YGO period. It's all part of Konami's plan to kill the franchise off for panchinko machines.
>>
>>155386197

Duel links is the alt format.
>>
>Arc-V's finale ranked lower than a nonexistent episode
>>
>>155386197
>the game didn't die when they split the game into traditional and advanced format
>the game didn't die when they started limiting extra deck to just 15 cards
>the game didn't die when each region started following their own forbidden card list instead of just Japan's
>the game didn't die when Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum were introduced
>the game didn't die when the best decks were 20 minutes OTK solitaires
There's a lot of shit that should have killed this shit, but it didn't. I don't think this is enough to actually kill it yet.
>>
>>155386786

Why would synchro and early xyz have killed the game?

granted it was only one set before evols came out and turned black cards into stunshit the mechanic but we had balance for one set.
>>
>>155386197
Why do the nipponese love pachinko so much specifically?
>>
>>155384846
Is there a context behind this image
>>
I remember the days when it was just about getting big beatsticks out and killing your opponent that way.

Now it is about using effect monsters with three paragraphs worth of effects to bring out beatsticks even faster.
>>
>Watching 5Ds
>It's a Crow episode
Skip
>>
>>155387288
birds of a feather
>>
File: 1491143797806.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1491143797806.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
>>155383535
Come on dude. Actually compare the two endings and the pros/cons. What was honestly wrong with the Arc-V ending besides the counterparts not getting their bodies back?

The duel was very exciting and worthwhile, and don't give me that "Action Card Spam" because you can literally, and I mean literally, cut that entire portion of the duel out and it wouldn't change a thing. It was just there to give one more hoorah for Action Cards. It didn't change anything duel-wise

What other problems are there? Shun getting fucked? It ended with Yuya VS Yusho, but who honestly wanted to see that at this point? Yusho would have gotten fucking destroyed, especially without an Extra Deck. The overall purpose being to make Reira smile? What else honestly went wrong?

But ZEXAL, for God's sake. Can we start off with the fact that Yuma lost the duel, and then used the effect of his monster after his LP hit 0? Or the fact that the entire Goodbye Astral scene that took up a third of the episode was entirely pointless because they all reunited with him 5 minutes later? Or that all of Yuma's development was reset right after Astral used the Numeron Code? Or how Yuma's parents were revived only to leave his family again? Or Dr. Faker and the Barians being revived and being all buddy buddy with everyone without repenting for anything. Including Vector, the main instigator. Or that half of the main cast, most of the ones there for the Astral VS Yuma duel, were ignored and left out of everyone going to Astral World to help fight? And speaking of Astral World, how about the fact that some random evil appears that is apparently incredibly powerful because Astral had to call on Yuma and his friends to fight it? Where did the Numeron Code go?

The whole reason for the ceremonial duel was dumb too. Astral had seen all the problems that plagued the Barian Emperors and the Barian World but he was still going to destroy it instead of helping it unless he dueled Yuma? Like come on now.
>>
>>155387322
>bringing it into the next thread
Fuck off already, no one cares either of you bimbos
>>
File: 1412996742725.jpg (257KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1412996742725.jpg
257KB, 1095x1195px
>>155385558
Vrains will save Yugioh from the dark depths of infamy and shame!
>>
>>155386786
all of these combined don't hold a candle to the shitshow that is links
>>
>>155387322
>The duel was very exciting and worthwhile

The duel was fucking garbage. The writing for it was simply atrocious.
>>
File: KUROU.jpg (19KB, 403x299px) Image search: [Google]
KUROU.jpg
19KB, 403x299px
>>155387288
BUY BLACKWING
>>
>People say Zexal was the worst Yugioh
>Started watching it and its much better than All of Arc V so far as well as the 1st season of GX.
>and people said Kotori was completely useless.

Better than "The Enabler" Yuzu.
>>
what happened? is the new series shit?
>>
>>155388859
Its not airing yet.
>>
>>155384846
what would you do if you had a gun to your head and
>be forced to watch and play YGO for a year
>be forced to watch and play everything Pokemon for a year
>get shot in the head right then
>>
>>155388880
what are these fags crying about then
>>
>>155386786
It won't die, but a lot of people will probably stop playing. Every new summoning method up to this point added new features without taking away from the experience, Link summoning adds nothing of value while taking a shit on everything extra deck.
>>
>>155388859
Konami will introduce a new summoning method that will tremendously nerf every extra deck user.
>>
How bad is Arc-V's dub?
>>
>>155389045
>nerf every extra deck user
something that was badly needed tho, the extra deck nonsense was getting out of hand
>>
>>155389066
They went too far tho, now if you use extra deck cards AT ALL, you're gonna need to buy the new Link cards in order for your deck to be half as viable as before.
>>
>>155388978
Everyone in this general wants Kamishiro to seppuku for writing Arc-V after the ending. Now anons are trying to act as witty and edgy as fuck and think VRains will beat Arc-V in everything.

Also, apparently you're not allowed to like Arc-V here, only everything in Yoshida's portfolio is fine. But oh well, I still like Arc-V despite disappointing and disastrous ending.
>>
>>155389100
how?
>>
>>155388840
>implying Yuzu was even around Yuya long enough to be one of the enablers
Their 'relationship' is a farce
>>
>>155389116
This too, the ending was shit, but for a while Arc V had me hooked. I loved the way all of the summoning methods were combined.
>>
>>155389116
I only watched till Reira became Akaba's sister, anything big happen after that?
>>
File: 1429931005054.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429931005054.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>155389116
This anon seems mad about something
>>
>>155389045
>All of Yuya's counterparts are voiced by one guy and oh boy none of his voices really fit
>yuya is the whiniest kid on the planet, yuto is the infamous IT'S JUST LIKE ME chanter, Yugo is some surfer attending college & yuri is a snobby rich kid
>Yuzu is fine I guess
>Reiji is the EDGELORD
>Swing into Action!!
>They changed Gong's character into Elvis because of his pompadour
>Godawful censoring like always, but surprisingly carding wasn't censored
>Shun has the best voice actor, hands down. Matt Shipman is a really cool guy as well.
>The rest of the cast is really... meh
>>
>>155389157
First there's two new areas on the field, extra deck monster areas, in order to special summon extra deck monsters to your field, you must first summon a link monster to the extra deck area, which will have attack but no defense and will have arrows indicating the directions where you can summon special deck monsters, you cannot special summon anywhere the arrows aren't pointing. In order to link summon a Link 3 monster for example, you need 3 effect monsters or two effect monsters and 1 link 1 monster. Pendulum scale monsters are now set on the trap and magic card areas and you can only pendulum summon one monster per turn if you don't have a link monster in the extra deck area, if you do, then you can pendulum summon more monsters, but only to the areas where the areas point at, again.
>>
>>155389245
It's one thing to feel bad for a major Arc-V seiyuu, but Matt Shipman got the double whammy when it comes to working on a project no one else seems to really care about. I wonder how he keeps his enthusiasm.
>>
>>155389157
You can only summon Extra Deck Monsters in two spaces on the field which are shared between the players, if you want to summon more than just one you need Link Monsters which will allow you to summon ED Monsters on the slots they point to.

The whole positioning being important through their effects thing is neat, but there are so many things killed by the EMZ limit.
>>
File: 1487758830374.png (2MB, 1166x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487758830374.png
2MB, 1166x1200px
>>155389245
Kek, I was supposed to quote this anon >>155389053 with >>155389245 instead, how fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>155389286
who dis
>>
Is it cool to like Yugioh?
>>
>>155389271
Yeah, but I guess the fact that he actually likes the card game itself helps a lot, haha.
>>
>>155389348
No. Even on /a/ it's lame and looked down upon
>>
File: 1485221084856.jpg (71KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485221084856.jpg
71KB, 550x700px
>>155389310
It's a semen demon from Danganronpa, anon.
>>
>>155389348
If you need something to be cool in order to like and practice it, then that's what middle school is for.
>>
>>155389408
the new **Danganronpa**? I don't remember seeing her in 1 & 2
>>
>>155384846
There will be misunderstandings.
Yuusaku and Aoi won't recognise each other when under their dueling personas.
Yay?
>>
File: 1381269133394.png (1MB, 699x966px) Image search: [Google]
1381269133394.png
1MB, 699x966px
>>155389245
The funniest thing about the dub is Shun's voice actor is this guy.
>>
>>155389477
Yep, the Danganronpa V3! She's a super awkward inventor who acts tough.
>>
Are Zexal and the original series the only two which managed to get dubbed till the end? All I remember is:
>5Ds ended before the guys went to challenge Aporia
>GX ended when S3 ended and kids got a downer ending
>Arc-V is still getting dubbed... I think?
>>
>>155389802
Dubbed? More lime Dumped.
>>
>>155386786
>>the game didn't die when they split the game into traditional and advanced format
One is casual play and the other is official tournament play.
>>the game didn't die when they started limiting extra deck to just 15 cards
Because some idiot brought nearly 100 card extra deck to a YCS tournament.
>>the game didn't die when each region started following their own forbidden card list instead of just Japan's
The TCG is 4-5 months behind AND gets exclusive cards in thier packs.
>>the game didn't die when Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum were introduced
They added new strategies but never did take away from anything.
>>the game didn't die when the best decks were 20 minutes OTK solitaires
OTKs can be interrupted, also depends on the luck of the draw.

Pendulums may have fucked up yugioh, but Links will kill it.
Unless we get two tournament formats, there will be a significant amount in drop of players.
>>
>>155387322
>you can literally, and I mean literally, cut that entire portion of the duel out and it wouldn't change a thing
Yet it' still there and if it wasnt there Yuya wouldnt win. The ending was completely rushed and tried to offer closure in 3 minutes. How about using the time spent on spamming action cards to expand this shitty lackluster and rushed ending? The duel ends, the baby cries, so somehow Ray is revived and conveniently gathers all major characters to be present at the stadium, the Yu's and Ruris stay without bodies even though there are people who most certainly dont like it, they try to force a connection between Serena and Yuri, they try to force some connection between the rest of the cast and Yugo and Rin when Synchro was completely unnecessary and dont even try to do something with Yuya and Yuzu finally meeting again. Just a "You did it" from Yuzu and all is well with the world.

Yuma hitting 0LP was a dramatic effect, it wasnt very good, but Arc-V had it's shitty duel writing as well.
The farewell scene wasnt pointless because they didnt know they would meet again and there's a timeskip of quite some days after that.
Yuma's development wasnt reset, he just returned to being cheerful after the conflict ended and everyone returned to their normal lives.
But it seems your main problem is with characters being revived and forgiven. You know that Arc-V did the same shit right? All carded people were revived and all villains were forgiven. Leo got his happy ending even if Ray wasnt revived and even Zarc was turned into a dindu by Yuya and he gets to start over.

The random evil is in fact the very essence of Barrian world which is now free since the worlds merged, the thing Astral wanted to destroy by destroying the Barrian world. If anything Arc-V future conflict is more stupid. Can Yuya be a pro? Of course he can, he's the best duelist in all dimensions.
>>
>>155390343
Don't forget TOU-SAN. That just made me angry.
>>
>>155390343
The story trying to present Reiji as Yuya's final hurdle of the series and Yusho being his future goal was incredibly fucking underwhelming when the writers made both of them job like crazy in the previous arc.
>>
>>155389116
I'll never forgive how this show dropped the ball with it's characters worse than any series before it. Like, I used to think 5Ds was bad about this but Arc-V just impressed me with how much it didn't give a shit anymore. There's plenty of other reasons but that one in particular gives me the biggest issue
>>
>>155386197
>>This, not alot of people are going to accept a game where the company completely forces you to play exactly as they want you to.
In OCGland nobody plays links, it's all Dragon Rulers Version 2.0
Because why would you play a deck that makes more than a single extra deck monster at a time.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>>155390372
>Interrupting the very reason the cast even got into all this bullshit and what the fans wanted to see after all this time for "STILL WANNA BE THE BEST SON"

Holy shit fuck this show

>>155390419
The audacity that the show had at trying to pretend that Yuya dueling Reiji is something the series was leading up to all the time was ridiculous
>>
Did he die? He didn't show up at all in the end?
>>
>>155391282
He disappeared into the void between dimensions.

Barrett died.
>>
File: C8V1FoFW0AAJlO2.jpg large.jpg (49KB, 760x408px) Image search: [Google]
C8V1FoFW0AAJlO2.jpg large.jpg
49KB, 760x408px
>>
die
>>
I've heard Arc V was set to have Undertale characters appearing and dueling against the prodigy characters.
Jack vs Sans
Crow vs Papyrus (maybe a cooking contest too)
Kaito vs Undyne
Asuka vs Mettaton (battle of the legs Yay!)
Edo vs Asgore
>>
>>155392845
fuck off
>>
File: Aoi.png (119KB, 229x580px) Image search: [Google]
Aoi.png
119KB, 229x580px
What hotness!!
>>
Leaks?
>>
>>155389045
Wtf, I love Konami now.
>>
>>155392845
So... This is how hard arc v falled.
I am actually dissapointed with the lack of goats right dere cept for Asgore
>>
>>155392977
Kindly neck yourself
>>
What was your opinion on the Duel Academy from GX?
>>
File: image.png (323KB, 500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
323KB, 500x1200px
>>
>>155393084
Translate it, weebs.
>>
Which archetype do you play the most, anons? (Alternatively if you don't play, your favorite archetype.) I main Aromage, Moonlights, Lightsworns & Furnimals.

my brother loves DDD & Superheavies more than anything.
>>
>>155387912
How was the duel garbage? What was wrong with the writing besides the Action Card moment?
>>
>>155393483
Reiji going full Reira with spells for each summoning method, even if it was nice seeing the connection, while through the show he managed to do that without using cards like that. The werent even contracts and the fact that he managed to draw 3 Armageddons together and the 3 spells together as well rwasnt really what you call good writing.
Then Yuya does the same shit but it's even more OP since they are quick-plays which stay on the field in order to be searchers as well.
>>
>>155393084
Yuma and Yugi = n00b player driving good player up the wall with his stupidity

Yuya and Juudai = flithy casuals

Playmaker and YouSay (fucking kek) = Gook tier OP gaming pair
>>
>>155393483
> Protag vs main rival (yes really guys he IS the main rival even though he was fucking irrelevant for 75% of the show's run)

There was just no chemistry or buildup.

Plus I admit I'm comparing it to the Yuuma vs Astral duel, where it pales in comparison.
>>
>>155387486
Arc-V was supposed to do that, and for a time it actually had a chance,I still remember how hyped we were during Shun vs Sora and Yuya vs Reiji, then they blew it big time
>>
>>155393084
>Yusaku and Yusei
Kek. Perfect.
>>
>>155393626
>Reiji going full Reira with spells for each summoning method
As opposed to Astral having all new OP Rank-Ups out of no where? He literally had one that allowed him to Rank-Up TWO Xyz Monsters at the same time.

>Then Yuya does the same shit
Okay but I'm still not seeing the problem. Would you have been happier if he just used Odd-Eyes Fusion, Phantom Knight's Possession, and some shit like Instant Tune?

At least in Yuya's case he didn't draw all three in one turn, he drew one and they had search effects. Which again, I don't see the problem, that makes a lot more sense than somehow drawing all three of the first turn.

It doesn't seem like you guys are holding this duel to ZEXAL's final duel with the same standards. Did any of you actually watch it? It had a lot more questionable writing choices than this duel.
>>
>>155393211
I play Fluffals and Red-Eyes mostly and my sister plays Galaxy/Photon.
>>
File: Spellbook-of-Life_31475.jpg (48KB, 250x366px) Image search: [Google]
Spellbook-of-Life_31475.jpg
48KB, 250x366px
>>155393211
The only archetype I played is Dark Magician (with Northwemko).
However, I always liked and was interested on Spellbook/Prophecy, and right now I believe I am close to get one soon.
>>
>>155393942
Okay yeah Yuya vs Reiji may have had better dual writing, but ZEXAL's final duel was one big fucking feelfest

>Yuuma finally discovering the cost to opening the door
>All the new future symbolism now that Astral's leaving
>Yuuma acutally putting up a fight against Astral, compared to at the start of ZEXAL I where Astral was holding his hand for every duel
>Hug at the end

Yuya vs Reiji barely had any buildup, emotional or otherwise, since Reiji was fucking useless for most of the show's run. It felt shoehorned as fuck as well - like they were only dueling because every series NEEDS a duel to send it off.
>>
>>155394634
>The cost to opening the door
So...nothing? Because the numeron code immediately invalidates virtually any drama inherent to that.

>Yuma actually putting up a fight against Astral
The issue with the Astral/Yuma duel in that respect is that Yuma's development finished too quickly for it to really be as impactful as it should be. Between eps 49 and 146 the only stuff that's really a hurdle regarding Yuma/Astral's relationship is the vector stuff from 96-98 and even before then, Yuma has already proven himself to be very competent as a duelist. Also, just handwaving in Yuma's shining draw kinda serves to diminish the value of his growth since the thing that makes him impressive is that he's a shit duelist who becomes super amazing after having someone to guide him. The entire implication that he's basically the other half to Astral essentially shits on him as a normal human and it makes the duel fall flat in ways that DM already did much better.

ZEXAL's final duel was certainly better from a character standpoint than ARC-V's, but it had plenty of issues that held it back from being as good as it could be in that same regard.
>>
File: 62239609_p0_master1200.jpg (143KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
62239609_p0_master1200.jpg
143KB, 600x852px
Dumping some cute nii-san and imouto ;_;
>>
File: 62239609_p1_master1200.jpg (154KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
62239609_p1_master1200.jpg
154KB, 600x852px
>>
File: 62239609_p2_master1200.jpg (110KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
62239609_p2_master1200.jpg
110KB, 600x852px
>>
File: corner_yugioh_dl.jpg (235KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
corner_yugioh_dl.jpg
235KB, 960x540px
How are you guys enjoying Konami's best game since Metal Gear Solid 3? Excited for more shilling in LABO?
>>
File: 62239609_p3_master1200.jpg (138KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
62239609_p3_master1200.jpg
138KB, 600x852px
>>
>>155393084
That is so fitting, Yuya and Judai are all about Tanoshii, Atem having to carry Yuma's dumbass has to be annoying as hell and Yusei and Yusaku being toolboxers is unfair, I'd love to make a tag duel tournament with these pairs in a few months but thanks to the new rules Atem and Yuma would wipe the floor with the other teams.
>>
File: C7X9noRU4AA0qFR.jpg (61KB, 780x909px) Image search: [Google]
C7X9noRU4AA0qFR.jpg
61KB, 780x909px
>>155394946
>>155394979
>>155394999
>>155395028

Thanks for nothing, Ono.
>>
wtf is vrains labo?
>>
>>155395089
An hour long special that airs this wednesday. It introduces links, Vrains (expect trailer) and overall shills YGO.
>>
>>155389245
Sad thing is Matt Shipman even twitted regarding the final episode before it came out.
>>
>>155391356
>Barrett died
Let's be honestly the series written him out or forgotten him for the sake of EGAO since it was the most laziest way ever since they dug themselves a whole after 92. Ironically Barret's last episode and even then he ended being the most loyal and useful Academia member.
>>
>>155389166
Their relationship became nothing but a running gag for the sake of Yuya being a character but instead he's basically a whiny bitch and arguably the weakest developed protagonist in Yugioh.
>>
>>155393942
How about the fact there were no back and forths?
Reiji uses his 3 stacked cards to summon an invincible wall and sits on it for the rest of the duel.
And I have no problems with new cards but Reiji using those spells is really distasteful since he was shown he could to the Fusion/Synchro/Xyz combo without the use of super specialized cards. As for Astral it was the first time he was dueling alone and using multiple rank-ups was fitting as he was the ultimate warrior of a world focusing on rank-ups. You could say the same for Reiji with him creating cards but previously in the series he displayed a much higher level of skill but now he ends up relying on these super specific cards.
Yuya doing the same shit feels worse because he just fucking copies Reiji with no break in between and they also happen to fit exactly whatever plan he had at the moment.
5 new monsters that were foreshadow for quite some time are anti-climatically summoned in rapid succession. Remember the build up OERD had?
>>
>>155394907
>So...nothing? Because the numeron code immediately invalidates virtually any drama inherent to that.
You just wanted to bitch about the numeron code didnt you? Because it had nothing to do with the door's resolution.
The cost of opening the door was the whole show. Yuma gave up his peaceful life, was thrust into conflict and the cost was losing himself. He defied that but in the end the cost came with him saying farewell to Astral, an irreplaceable comrade.
As for Yuma and Astral meeting again, the fact that you meet someone again doesnt negate the farewell.

And as for Yuma and Astral's relationship it's not only the hurdles that count. From the start of the show it's everything that happened between them. How Yuma grew stronger under Astral's guidance, how Yuma changed Astral's view, the fights they went through together and all the other everyday stuff they did together.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.