[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katanagatari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Togame.full.394156.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Togame.full.394156.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
Did she really want to kill Shichika for revenge or was that just a lie she told him so that he'd choose to continue living without her?
>>
>>155296734
No idea. That's what makes the ending great.
>>
It's hard to say, but I like to interpret it as the latter. My main point of evidence was that she had her "scheming" eye on when she told Shichika that.
>>
She wanted to go on living with him, but lied to him in order to try and make him stop caring about her.
>>
>>155296734
She didn't "want" to kill him. She legitimately loved him, but her life was so consumed by revenge that she wouldn't have had a choice. The whole point of the show is the self-destructive path that people who devote their life to a particular ambition go down. The episode with the Sage is entirely devoted to going over the fact that Togame is walking down a path that can only leave her miserable and shattered.

>>155296784
Wasn't a thing in the LN
>>
File: 1370725740832.jpg (276KB, 1191x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1370725740832.jpg
276KB, 1191x1250px
>>
>>155296734
I'd say it was more like she really did love him and want to live a peaceful life with him, but, part of her was always scheming and pushing her towards her original total revenge goal, and that part saw her relationship with Shichika, real as it was, as something to be exploited. I think she was serious when she said she'd planned to kill him, but whether or not she actually would've is doubtful.
>>
>>155296784
Was it a 'scheming eye'? I thought it was supposed to be more about legacy
>>
She probably didn't want to, but she probably would have ended up doing so anyway. Her whole life was pretty much consumed by revenge — it's kind'a hard for that to stop being a thing.
>>
>>155296784
That's not the scheming eye, that's the truth eye. When she's speaking the truth, her eye turns like that.
>>
File: Nis America.jpg (1MB, 2000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Nis America.jpg
1MB, 2000x2400px
>>
>>155296734

Her scheming eye appeared when she said it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.