[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re Zero would have been way better as a video game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1468500631906.jpg (137KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
1468500631906.jpg
137KB, 660x350px
Re Zero would have been way better as a video game.
>>
It would've been a god-tier adventure game in the Sierra model.
>>
>>155285103
Every anime would have been better as a videogame except for SoLs.
>>
>>155285233
>Every anime would have been better as a videogame except for SoLs.

Persona is like 75% SoL though
>>
>>155285103
Dark Souls: Berserk edition
>>
>>155285338
Persona 1-4 all suck tho (1 and 2 had plots more like mainline but still had awful gameplay)
>>
>>155285472
That makes Subaru too badass.
>>155285187
This here is the right idea.
>>
>>155285187

This is what I was thinking.

>explore
>click on things
>talk to people
>do a certain action that the plot leads you towards
>die
>respawn
>new options available from previous experience (though you could repeat the bad ending with slightly different dialogue if you wanted)
>hidden bad endings
>>
Missed the point of the show completely.
>>
>>155288764
There should be more dialogue options based on what you discover, and maybe certain skill increases, but I think it works better if it's technically possible to get through things on your first loop. Just extremely unlikely, since you wouldn't know to avoid certain traps and threats.
>>
>>155289166

How would Subaru have the knowledge to survive arc three the first time around? Learning things on doomed loops should be an integral part of the gameplay. Bonus: You can miss it, resulting in needing to go through another doomed loop.

Challenge runners can aim for as few loops as possible.

>stats

Only as a plot progression tool, i.e. you encounter an event that boosts your magic stat so that you can progress (you lose if you don't have it). It shouldn't turn into an RPG.
>>
>>155289115

>the only type of protagonist that a videogame can have is an unstoppable hero

No. That's a large part of why people are suggesting the adventure genre; there's nothing there that would inherently disrupt the atmosphere of the franchise. Weak adventure protagonists aren't uncommon at all.
>>
>>155289344
I think choices should unlock as Subaru gains new skills and learns new facts, which would be retained between loops. However, you shouldn't be forced to die to gather information. Rather, that point can be made more natural by making enough wrong choices that you'd never recognize on your first try, adding in plenty of threats you wouldn't know to avoid, so that the actual player learns important things from each failed try.
>Stats only as a plot progression tool
That's the point. In Arc 2, people reacted differently to Subaru because he'd gotten better at his work, and people noticed when he held back. Things like that, and maybe miasma and sanity meters that further change interactions, and you can make it so no two loops are able to be perfectly identical.
>>
>>155289115
>Yume Nikki
>>
>>155289166
>I think it works better if it's technically possible to get through things on your first loop. Just extremely unlikely, since you wouldn't know to avoid certain traps and threats.
Isn't that just how a regular vn works though?
>>
>>155291938
Yes, but with the exception that certain things would be kept or change between loops. When Subaru tries to do everything exactly the same, he fails because he's changed. He's better at doing things, has a worse mental state, knows things being told, and starts smelling worse.

This would change interactions and create new events, which could both help and hinder you in different ways.
>>
>>155292182
>knows things being told
*Without being told.

All in all, I think it should be practically impossible to complete any loop on the first go, since you'd have to be manage the time you have for information gathering. Subaru usually dies before he even realizes there's supposed to be any kind of danger, so you shouldn't even know what to look for before your first death. However, it should be technically possible to make it through, if you're basically cheating and using a walkthrough.
>>
>>155289166
>more dialogue options based on what you discover
Kind of for, kind of against. Using plot flags to unlock progression means there's incentive to keep the Re in ReZ for an informed player, but it keeps the astute player from applying inference with that arbitrary requirement.

If I were to decide, I think it should be possible to play no-Re. The players who go in blind are likely to miss or err important steps and need to Re, and those who use a guide are choosing to miss the experience that defines the game.

>>155291938
Not really. In most VNs, routes are 'equal' aside from personal preference. In those where there's sequential progression through 'what-if' scenarios, those multiple perspectives deal with one event sequence to gain understanding of that event. Complete the route, and it's over.

This ReZ thing would be more puzzle game than VN: analyze events to determine the necessary actions to escape a certain loop. There's a VN-esque element in repeating content with slight variations, yet the player's looking for a solution to the 'puzzle' of death events.
>>
>>155292507
>Kind of for, kind of against.
Well, my point wasn't about dying. It's just that seeing a giant fucking whale should open up dialogue options to ask more about a giant fucking whale. Experiencing the effects of a curse should open up dialogue to ask people if they know what causes those symptoms. This has nothing to do with whether or not Subaru dies. He wouldn't know to try warning anyone about Elsa if he hadn't already encountered her, so that option should only appear when he knows.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.