[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Write a harem >Only introduce Best Girl in season 2 >Give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

File: AM1KDCOH.gif (977KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
AM1KDCOH.gif
977KB, 500x422px
>Write a harem
>Only introduce Best Girl in season 2
>Give her criminally little screentime while wasting a lot of it on worse girls
Why is this allowed?
>>
Her sister is better.
>>
Laura is better
>>
His sister is better
>>
File: Tatenashi tshirt.png (73KB, 640x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Tatenashi tshirt.png
73KB, 640x1220px
>>155262660
Objectively wrong
>>
>>155262532
Harem's are bad, that's why.
>>
>>155262660
Worst possible taste
>>
>>155262532 (OP)
>Tatenashi
>Anything but worst
You must be mad. You must be absolutely mad. Not even Houki is as bad as her, and Houki is a massive irredeemable bitch.
>>
I personally preferred Kanzashi to Tatenashi, but they were both definitely better than what the main harem became after season 1.
>>
>>155266617
Tatenashi is every bit as bad if not worse than what the main harem became. Kanzashi is...alright, but has barely any presence.

I tell you, what ended up being done with that series is a goddamn crime.
>>
I always thought Houki was the best girl
>>
>>155266839
Well, since you're not shitposting about it you're entitled to your opinion. I gotta ask though, why?
>>
>>155266549
U fookin' wot m8? Can you explain why Tatenashi is even remotely bad, let alone worst girl?
>>
>>155267476
No problem. Hang on, I'll fetch the list.
>>
>>155267476
>>155267567
Okay, here we go:

>Ostensibly more attractive than everyone else
>Better than everyone at everything (except sewing, maybe)
>Outfought a supersoldier in CQC
>Everyone likes her
>Everyone finds they can't get mad at her, even for shit they'd kill anyone else for
>Fucks with everyone for own amusement constantly
>Openly flaunts rules (like no demolishing shit)
>Chastises/punishes others for breaking said rules
>Head of secret organization
>Knows behind the scenes stuff, chooses to remain mysterious and vague
>Sister has complex about not measuring up to her
>Actively interferes in sister's life to ensure all her accomplishments are actually her own
>Thinks this is a good thing
>Sister just learns to nut up and accept this (also treated as a good thing)
>At least one scene per chapter where the narration sings her praises
>Smug as fuck
>Real name is "Katana" (no, really)
>Proper IS rep (not candidate) for Russia
>No connection to Russia at all, was so sought after that she basically got to pick which country she represented
>Implied that she could switch countries anytime she felt like it because they'd just be that glad to have her
>renamed her IS from "Gustoi Touman Moskwa" (cool Russian name) to "Mysterious Lady"(trying too way hard to be cool)
>IS uses NANOMACHINES SON
>IS has other character's special abilities, like Laura's AIC

Basically, she's a grating Mary Sue type character with no positive traits that relentlessly hogs the spotlight.
>>
File: perfection.jpg (506KB, 1280x1447px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
506KB, 1280x1447px
>>155262532
For shame.
>>
File: Kanzashi Tatenashi.jpg (635KB, 1812x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Kanzashi Tatenashi.jpg
635KB, 1812x2560px
>>155262660
>>155262985
>>155264262
>>155266251
>>155266617
Guys guys calm down Kanzashi and Tatenashi are top tier waifus
>>155266839
My dude
>>155267615
>>155266549
>>155267476
Fuck You Hater Faggot Houki and Tatenashi are The Best
>>
>>155267615
I don't know, you're right in some of those points but some of those other points are precisely why I like her. Among other good features, she's probably the only girl in the harem who doesn't become a stuttering maiden for the sake of keeping Ichika dense and actively hits on him.

>renamed her IS from "Gustoi Touman Moskwa" (cool Russian name) to "Mysterious Lady"(trying too way hard to be cool)
I assumed it was a (shitty) mist pun, because her IS uses mist-based powers.
>>
>>155268036
> she's probably the only girl in the harem who doesn't become a stuttering maiden for the sake of keeping Ichika dense
As of late she's become one of those too, actually.

>I assumed it was a (shitty) mist pun
Nah, that can't be it. The original name already referred to mist, and I wouldn't expect an English pun out of Japanese. I took it as more of a Chuuni kind of thing where she needs it to have a ridiculous 'cool' name to further validate her bloated ego.

Anyway, in a cast full of broken fucking people with serious issues we've got this one girl who is Practically Perfect In Every Way because the narrative says so, and constantly rubs it in the faces of the rest of the cast and the audience. I just find her far too jarring. She works alright as a foil to Kanzashi, but the series tries to have its cake and eat it by trying (really badly) to make you like her.
>>
File: Tatenashi7.gif (3MB, 320x420px) Image search: [Google]
Tatenashi7.gif
3MB, 320x420px
>>155267615
So you hate her because she's perfect. Sounds like you're a hater to me. Stay mad, I guess.
>>
>>155268794
No. I dislike her because the narration keeps claiming she's perfect when she's anything but.
>>
File: d7TPTqS.jpg (149KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
d7TPTqS.jpg
149KB, 640x360px
>>155262532
>literally bound by Earth's gravity
Feds & their shit taste I tell you.
>>
>>155264262
>>155266251
>preferring an annoying skank over a shy qt with glasses
You're the kind of person who takes cigarette stubs out bins to smoke
>>
File: 278_700141.png (70KB, 640x1220px) Image search: [Google]
278_700141.png
70KB, 640x1220px
>>155269014
>narration claim she's perfect
>she isn't perfect

So your opinion has more value than what the show itself? My fucking sides.
>>
>>155269159
>liking a spaghetti dropping shy nerd over a confident, playful and sexy onee-san

Pathetic.
>>
>>155269171
Narrative dissonance. When the writing tries to do stuff like claim she never acted crazy or violent when this is objectively not the case.

The one halfway decent chapter of IS since her introduction was the one she spent in an unconscious tazered heap in the corner out of everybody's way.
>>
File: 281_700151.png (90KB, 640x1220px) Image search: [Google]
281_700151.png
90KB, 640x1220px
>>155269237
Again, you just sound like an angry hater. So what would make her likeable for you? If the writer constantly displayed her flaws? Seems like you're more mad at the narration than the character itself. Also, keep in mind that not everyone likes their character embarassed and self-conscious about their flaws. We have enough shy moeblobs in anime, confident, smug girls who have their shit together is always a breath of fresh air and very attractive to some of us that enjoy that archetype.
>>
>>155269521
>So what would make her likeable for you? If the writer constantly displayed her flaws?
No, they already do that. What I would like is for her flaws to be treated as flaws instead of glossed over or ignored.

Don't take this for not liking any character that's not a moeblob either, confident characters are fine, and even smug ones can occasionally be endearing (tone depending). But (YMMV obviously), it does not work with her. She's just constantly mugging for screentime and upstaging everyone for her own validation. And as a viewer I am not invested in her own validation because she's kind of a narcissistic ass.

Lets be real here though, if we're wishing for things to be better about IS, fixing Tatenashi is pretty far down the list.
>>
File: 291_700182.png (91KB, 640x1220px) Image search: [Google]
291_700182.png
91KB, 640x1220px
>>155269795
Bro, her flaws are glossed over because she's obviously a side character. Anyway, I'm sure you'd be the first person that would complain about her getting too much screentime if they ever went in the details about those 'flaws'. And I put flaws between quotes because, like >>155268036 said, some of what you find are'flaws' are xharacter traits that appeal to some of us. Hell, I like the fact that she's strong and doesn't care about petty shit like her sister's confidence issues because I personally also don't give a shit about those kind of things either. It just seems like you dislike that character archetype, to be honest, because you sound like the same kind of hater that hates on Haruno from Yahari.
>>
>>155271232
>I'm sure you'd be the first person that would complain about her getting too much screentime if they ever went in the details about those 'flaws'
She already gets too much screentime, so devoting it to actually developing her character could only be an improvement. I don't dislike her just because, I dislike her because everything about her is handled terribly. If she were a better written character there would be no issue.

>she's strong and doesn't care about petty shit like her sister's confidence issues
She does care about her sister's confidence issues though, half the conflict in that arc came from her trying to fix them while remaining completely oblivious to the fact that her efforts were the large part of the reason she had them in the first place.

>It just seems like you dislike that character archetype, to be honest
I like Momoko Sonokawa, and she's a gleefully selfish massive cunt with absolutely no regard for others. But Sabagebu is a silly comedy series that makes no attempt at drama or pathos, and Infinite Stratos does, hence the issue.

>because you sound like the same kind of hater that hates on Haruno from Yahari.
I wouldn't know, I haven't watched Yahari. But as long as we're playing the 'you sound just like' game, you sound like one of those people who is of the opinion that Tatsuya Shiba is a fantastic character (the phrase 'breath of fresh air' tends to get thrown around a lot by them too).

Not being familiar with her, I couldn't say if I'd like this Haruno character or not, because it's really all in the execution. You can make an ace type character that's likeable, or they can be insufferable, it depends on presentation. And Tatenashi's presentation does her no favours.
>>
>>155266751
At least Tatenashi didn't want to kill Ichika for next to no goddamn reason every other episode.
>>
>>155262532
I can't trust people who believe someone with that haircut has any chance to be best girl
>>
>>155272213
Niether did Charlotte, to be fair.

And think about why that is? The other girls get violent because they get flustered and this is a shitty stock genre trope and the writer is a hack (they also never, ever get mad at Tatenashi despite her pushing all their buttons, just because 'there's something about her'. Tatenashi gets violent because tormenting other people amuses her. Or did the submission holds, the electric shocks and the boulder (Christ that part was even stupider than usual) not count because she was doing them on purpose.
>>
File: 299_700212.png (85KB, 640x1220px) Image search: [Google]
299_700212.png
85KB, 640x1220px
>>155272049
Okay, so in the end you hate how the character is executed, not the actual archetype. I mean, I can agree to that. IS is an awful series and I think it's fair to say that most of the cast is poorly writen but I think you take that shit a bit too seriously. I doubt OP wanted a conversation on how Tatenashi was writen, I think most people see that shit of a show at face value because that's how it's supposed to be digested (I think). Don't come in here saying people that like the only character in the entire cast that's actually confident in her abilities and not blushing over/hitting Ichika every other minute are mad for their taste. Among all the girls in this show, I like Tatenashi because I have a boner for confident girls and my analysis of the characters of the show stops there. IS is not worthy of being debated otherwise, it's a shit show.
>>
>>155262532
>Best girl in a shit anime
While an objective truth, it's like giving the worlds oldest hobo a Bear Grylls award. >Congrats, but you still reek of shit
>>
Like most harem series, this girl and the others, are only good for the hentai they create and nothing else.
>>
>>155272867
>Okay, so in the end you hate how the character is executed, not the actual archetype
Oh yeah, like I said it's all in the execution. You can have archetypes you don't like, but a work with good enough writing can make them shine anyway. Similarly, even solid concepts can be undermined by bad writing which is kind of IS's deal.

>but I think you take that shit a bit too seriously. I doubt OP wanted a conversation on how Tatenashi was writen, I think most people see that shit of a show at face value because that's how it's supposed to be digested
Reading into IS is a rabbithole I've been down in a few other IS threads. Before getting into that, I'll say that if you are able to enjoy the series at face value as a dumb show with big tiddies then more power to you for being able to salvage some enjoyment from it, it's not as if there's a wrong way to enjoy a show. If you want to leave it there then skip the following.

Now, with that said I couldn't dismiss IS as a dumb ecchi comedy. For whatever reason I kept finding myself mulling it over, like there was something I was missing about it, and eventually I realised what it was, namely that it laid all the groundwork to be much more than it ended up being, and that frustrated me no end.

See, my own preference in entertainment is more character driven stories, and if you think about it for a bit (not that you should, really) IS ought to have been a great character driven story. I mean, it's a harem series about a bunch of girls who are archetypes...because they are broken and are drawn to this guy because of their respective damage, and him unable to acknowledge or reciprocate because despite his appearance he's just as fucked up as them.

It's not even a matter of wasted concept, this stuff is all in there and you don't even have to reach for it. But the author largely neglects these elements he's set up and writes everybody as stock characters because it's easier. Even Ichika had depth once.
>>
>>155268794
I hate this type of animation, it really hits uncanny valley for me. It's why I can't enjoy stuff like Nekopara.
>>
>>155262532
Seriously love Tatenashi. Wish there was more with her.
>>
>>155269024
I wanted to like Charlotte, but she's just too plain for me. After she dropped the crossdressing, she just became the normal one.
>>
File: Tatenashi ass.gif (833KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Tatenashi ass.gif
833KB, 480x270px
get get get low when the whistle blow
>>
>>155277202
The crossdressing I can forgive, but there's no excuse for ditching that sweet chestplate.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.