[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Lie in April

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5835.jpg (124KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5835.jpg
124KB, 952x536px
WHAT THE FUCK /a/

WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF
>>
>>155254822
Is it worth watching?
>>
Yeah, you wasted your time.
>>
>>155254941

Absolutely.. It made me feel so many emotions. Anime has never made me cry but this broke me
>>
>Predictable Nicholas Sparks-tier drama but even more inconsistent in tones and writing
Why DID you watch it?
>>
>>155254822
Live and learn son.
>>
So you wasted over 8 hours of you life? Shit happens, don't let it bother you too much.
>>
>>155254822
I hated this anime. So many of the women, like his mum and childhood friend were abusive to him.
>>
>>155256522
The characters in this show were such assholes that it made me uncomfortable. There wasn't a single non-abrasive personality in the whole story.

I also vaguely remember a scene pissing me off where one of the adults was rough with Kousei when he was having a meltdown and crying and stuff (think he might have been a child at this point). Japan's 'tough love' thing can be bullshit.
>>
>>155256557
Asian culture is well versed with 'tough love.'
It's a cultural thing.
>>
i stopped watching like 6-7 episodes in does it pickup/get easier to watch after

felt too saccharine
>>
>>155254822
I read this before it even aired. So much melodrama god damn melodrama that keeps repeating itself. Always with the coward protagonist who is actually super special and "talented" but society fails to acknowledge this bull shit. I already knew 20 chapters in this would be terrible and stopped reading it. Tell me if it's actuallt good or is it another "talented" teenage angst story. I know the girl dies which is no surprise due to this being a teenage angst story. A Story of a Girl who Dies does that shit better because it at least knows what it is.
>>
>>155255017
Haha you fell for melodrama.
>>
I understand feeling sad because you grew to love Kaori, but you really are gullible as shit if you cried to it. You had to have seen the gigantic red flag the moment Tsubaki said "spring is ending soon".
>>
>>155256522
>>155256557
Finally. I didn't know other people thought like that too. Fucking hated the female characters so much.
>>
Remember the 'if this gets x amount of retweets, a miracle might happen', followed by fucking nothing? I've never been so mad.
>>
>>155257951
What do you think was gonna happen though? Them changing the final plot because of retweets?
>>
>>155254941
>>155254822
Wasn't a perfect show, predictable as fuck, but I ended enjoying it personally. A little annoyed at the way the characters tended to act, but eh, teenagers. As for the weird pushing they gave the protagonist, I could kind of understand why, seeing a shrink in some countries is taboo, Japan's one of those countries I think. Had to power through the trauma, granted it does work for some people, not for others.
>>
>>155257951
>>155257982
Read on an interview that nearly everyone on staff did contemplate changing the ending at some point, but they were too invested in the ending at that point to pull out.
>>
>>155257982
A miracle ;_;
>>
It was decent, but it was confusing for someone who don't know much about classical music let alone the technical aspects of playing music in general.

Most of it sounded good, but the characters all had very different opinions. Is it really such a heresy to not play a score exactly like it was meant to?
>>
>>155258189
They actually played all the performances there according to the script. Kaori just played the more energetic parts of the pieces she played.
>>
>>155258189
>Is it really such a heresy to not play a score exactly like it was meant to?
Some people have strong feelings on the subject. I would say that most of the great composers probably intended for people to make it their own.
>>
File: memedoctor.jpg (21KB, 698x400px) Image search: [Google]
memedoctor.jpg
21KB, 698x400px
Could he have saved the ending?
>>
>>155254941
No. Waste your time on Nodame Cantabille instead. Pretty dank shit
>>
File: tenma.jpg (16KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
tenma.jpg
16KB, 293x172px
>>155258278
No, but this one could
>>
I usually hate melodrama, but I thoroughly enjoyed this series.

But yeah, it is heavily flawed and the female characters being abusive to Arima was awkward as hell.
>>
>>155255017
Is this pasta?
>>
>>155254822
Watching garbage?
You only have yourself to blame.
>>
It was a good ride, can't say i regret watching it just because of the ending.
>>
Overrated feels bait crap.
>>
Damn /a/ praises Clannad After Story and other melodrama, yet hates this despite it standing above the rest.

I assume mostly due to the MAL praise and because it's new-ish.
>>
If you waited a day before watching, it could have been a different experience.
>>
>>155259307
Pretty much. Its not perfect, but it was good ride. Its something I might re-watch down the road.
>>
>>155259307
Clannad is shit because Nagisa is worst girl.
>>
I thought this show was bretty gud until I marathoned Noda me Cantabile and realized it was actually shit.
Though Chopin cock sucking really appeals to me.
>>
I don't know why people think this show did something well. They spent an awful amount of time each episode doing flashbacks, often times which added no depth or value to understanding the cause of the PTSD. It was insulting after the 5th or 6th time when you hope it will add something in a flashback. I got excited when they added the childhood friend again, hoping it would be something substantial to add. Nope, she's just a shitty bystander. Just watch the same shit you saw in other flashbacks but in somebody else's eyes.

The ending was just insulting. He didn't cry a tear in that letter scene, despite how "important" she was. Also, there was no implications that he's over his PTSD. What a joke.
>>
I liked the actual playing parts of it at least
Not so much anything else though - especially the main girl because she was so generic 'quirky pixie manic dream girl', and the chill sports chick got completely shafted because of her
>>
>>155261588
It was a commercially successful show, it had to have done something well to do that. One obvious thing was the visuals, the show had great visuals. As for the rest of the show, its far from perfect, but it was enjoyable. I wasn't too hung up on the PTSD. The performances were enjoyable, some were great to me desu. Besides by the time he teaches that blonde pianist girl he seemed to have largely been able to use his condition to actually improve his playing, I'm not sure he was trying to get rid of it anymore as he was trying to keep it as some kind of tool. The ending was good enough, it did what it was supposed to do, move most of the viewers enough to start buying merch.
>>
>>155256522
The way they dealt with his mom was the worst. I thought they were going to have him learn to accept his strengths and limitations. To tell his ghost-mom to fuck off and that he's better than her.

BUT NOOOO. Mom wasn't wrong, she was right the whole time! Wasn't Kousei stupid for blaming her!
>>
>>155258189
>but it was confusing for someone who don't know much about classical music

This was my issue with the series. Every time they had a performance scene I had no idea what was going on. Why are Kousei's parts so amazing? They don't sound any different, or at least they don't point out the differences. What about Kaori? I could see that she was energetic and passionate, but her skill was never really explained.

I just think the way they did the music portions was a little lack-luster and relied to heavily on telling us that it's good rather than showing us how it's good.
>>
>>155261588
>He didn't cry a tear in that letter scene, despite how "important" she was.

The part where they explain that Kaori was in love with Kousei the whole time and was obsessed with him since childhood was a lot worse. I could understand him not crying, but her dropping this bullshit post-mortem was shit.
>>
i kind of wanted to like this show as i watched it airing but christ. that heavy handed everything
>I CANNT HEAARRR THE MUSSICCC
>MUH MUMMMM
>III CANNT HHEAAAR THEEEEEEE NOOOOTEEESS
>CRAWWLIIIIINNNG INNN MYYY SKIIIIIIINNNN
>I STILL CANT HEAR THEESE NOTES

anyone who finds absolutely any value in this garbage is an idiot.
>>
>>155254941
Great music and the overall premise of the show was good but the development of the characters were all over the place. Too much of the rival side characters who weren't important and not enough on the main love interest until literally the 2nd half of the last episode.
>>
It was nice. You fags are faggots.
>>
>>155263451
Nice doesn't mean it's good or that it was written well.
>>
>>155254822
You must have the mentality of a teenager to actually feel something for this.
That' clearly the audience they were going for.
>>
>>155256522
>So many of the women, like his mum and childhood friend were abusive to him.
it happens, some parents just see their prodigy children as mealtickets
>>
The show was full of fillers. I dropped it around episode 9 or 10 after that faggot wasted 3 episodes worth of airing time with his face on the keyboard going "muh feelings"
>>
>>155254822
So, what was the lie?
>>
>>155266168
she's not a natural blonde
>>
The chibi comedy segments were downright jarring and reduced the overall quality A LOT, but it was still good in my opinion.
>>
>>155266293
Kek. Seriously?
>>
>>155261588
Why would he cry during the letter scene? He already came to terms with her death during the climax of the show at the performance. He cried a lot there.

>>155263632
>Your childhood crush has a serious disease and you have to slowly watch her get weaker and weaker until she dies.
Only complete faggots would have any emotional response to that.
>>
I have 2words for shitgatsu

Tryhard drama
>>
File: shigatsu.png (176KB, 842x456px) Image search: [Google]
shigatsu.png
176KB, 842x456px
>>155270173
You've got a point, pic related is an example.

MC and friend see Kaori unconscious being rushed into surgery, but that's apparently not good enough so when the MC leaves the hospital they have a cat get run over by a car.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.