[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code Geass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: cc.png (474KB, 500x920px) Image search: [Google]
cc.png
474KB, 500x920px
I was thinking about this the other day after I rewatched Code Geass. What do you guys think the main driving force or antagonist is for Lelouch? Is it himself, or the Emperor, or any other force? I think it can go either way depending on how you look at it. Tell me what you guys think.
>>
Lelouch is initially driven by revenge but ends up having to take responsibility for all the shit he caused along the way.
>>
>>155250683
Yeah thats true but his revenge is intially driven by the Emperor correct. And then he feels the need to bear all the sin of the world on his shoulders. The Emperor being the antagonist was definitely longer than Lelouch taking responsibilty but I feel like they play the same role equally. Or do they? Lelouch wasn't concerned about his sins until he realized what the Emperor was doing.
>>
>>155250784
Lelouch started realizing he had to take responsibility much earlier than that. Off the top of my head there's the scene where he's about to drug himself and Kallen confronts him. It just all built up along the way and clicked after Rolo saved him and he confronted Charles.
>>
>>155250523
Don't know, but imma need that pic of CC dressed like a harem slave if anyone's got it.
>>
>>155250895
Yet there has to be a main driving force behind it, what made him realize it? The japanese, Nunnaly, Suzaku, etc? Yes I know theyre all important but I want to debate the various influences on Lelouch and the degrees of importance on him ya know? I find it interesting.
>>
I think he hates the ideaology that weak should be crushed rather than be helped. It's a recurring theme
>>
>>155251120
There wasn't a single driving force. It was all several factors and events together. Kallen and Suzaku straight up told him to take responsibility, and Lelouch himself had even lectured Todo about taking responsibility for his actions/fame so the concept wasn't foreign to him to begin with. Lelouch also told Kallen that they had to keep fucking shit up so that all the lives lost so far weren't in vain, and after losing several people dear to him (he also thought Nunnally was dead at the time) he probably took his own advice to heart. There are probably some more cases of this sort of thing but you get the idea.
>>
>>155251280
I know there wasn't a "single" driving force behind it. I wanna delve deeper if I can and explore the more deeper reasons to him and how much they were important to him. Kinda make a list of reasons and rank them. Thats what Im really trying to achieve here
>>
File: Constanze_319.jpg (13KB, 189x168px) Image search: [Google]
Constanze_319.jpg
13KB, 189x168px
>>155250523
>tell me what you guys think

D-do you really want my opinion? It's not really anything special
>>
>>155251437
i-its not like i wanted your o-opinion anything baka
>>
>>155251410
Lelouch's main hatred is not the Emperor himself. Charles and Lelouch shared a common enemy: the aristocracy of Britannia.
Where people were regularly assassinated and casts aside by others looking to gain power. It's the same system all his siblings (Aside from Nunnally and Euphemia) participated in, as well as his uncle V.V.

It's why both Lelouch and Charles wanted to destroy it. Charles through his plans of instrumentality, and Lelouch through becoming emperor to kill/Geass whoever opposed his reforms. Both of them just wanted a world without people fighting for titles and rank and where they were honest.
And both of their plans are arguably that of villains. Lelouch was not a good guy, you just saw his point of view.
Very few people in Code Geass were objectively good.
>>
>>155251410
I don't think you can really rank them. They all came together equally to develop his character. Rolo saving his life and giving him a second wind after he thought Nunnally was dead was probably the trigger though. After the confrontation with Charles it looked like he reflected on everything that happened until that point and planned zero requiem with Suzaku during the short time skip after that scene.
>>
>>155251549
We did see Charles' and Schneizel's points of view though. The reason Lelouch was the victor was because his ending was essentially the happiest. Charles wanted to perform instrumentality while Schneizel wanted to turn the world into north korea, and while you could see how they would bring about peace, they're still completely jarring outcomes to the audience. Meanwhile Lelouch's outcome was basically 'everyone is free to start over again', which, while doesn't strictly enforce peace, is still an optimistic thing to think about given the tone of the ending, and furthermore doesn't even prove Lelouch right since it's open-ended.
>>
>>155251705
I recently re-watched it too. In really forgot how much of a dick Schneizel is.
Had he died I wouldn't have had a single problem.
>>
>>155251549
>Both of them just wanted a world without people fighting for titles and rank and where they were honest.

Lelouch went on a rant about how lies are necessary and that there's really nothing wrong with lying . Charles wanted to make masks disappear and force everybody to be honest with one another.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.