[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 10 years late also a beta fag Just finished this, was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: death-note-1048.jpg (54KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
death-note-1048.jpg
54KB, 350x525px
I'm 10 years late also a beta fag
Just finished this, was really disappointed
It went from a 10/10 anime to a 4/10 anime
Once L dies the whole anime dies.
>>
>>155190596
it went from 9/10 to 4/10
>>
>>155190596
Actually the plot became boring when Light lost his memories.
>>
>>155192036
I agree but the pay off was worth it.
>>
I give it a 7/10. No one would give it anything higher. No Araki series I've watched has been above a 7.
>>
>>155192036
That was when the plot was at it's best
>>
>>155192062
>Araki series
>>
Why could L have a fight to death with light and end it right there with just 22 episodes
>>
>>155192895
Tetsuro Araki
>>
>>155192036

I disliked it when Misa joined. I hate these weebshit archetypes, genki girls, idols, whatever. She ruined the mood of an otherwise suspenseful show.
>>
>>155190596
9/10 from the beginning to Misa's introduction Episode 7 was 9.5/10
7.5/10 between Misa's introduction to memory loss
6.5/10 between memory loss and L's death
3.5/10 after L's death
>>
>>155193067

Agreed, except I'd give it a solid 10/10 up to ep. 11
>>
>>155190596
I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread.

Other than that, I never understood this sentiment.

...unless you sided with L, I guess. Which I never did.
>>
Guys, nobody is falling for your weeber than thou hipsterism.

Everybody knows Death Note is one of the crown jewels of anime, and the single greatest story in any medium this century thus far.
>>
>>155193153
Why do you think its a troll thread I actually finished it today
>>
>>155193153
Near is just a shitty foil to Light, he's a Mary Sue who only wins because he's just that smart. L and Light actually felt like they were equals competing.
>>
>>155193230
They were perfect foils. Sad best boy had to die.
>>
>>155193200

I agree Death Note is great, but that's going a little too far. It's almost a consensus that it went downhill at some point.
>>
>>155193230
How the fuck is Near a Mary Sue to you but not L?

As for myself, I supported Light from the get go, so it didn't really bother me who was trying to take him down. Compared to him, L didn't leave that much of an impression on me. Not that he isn't an incrediblr character, but he just can't compete.

If anything, Near was more interesting because unlike L he really hated Kira's guts.
>>
>>155193342
ALMOST is right, fuckface. Now get the fuck out and stay the fuck out!
>>
>>155193385
Light, L, and Near are all Mary Sues, the difference though is that L was not only given a build up but also still ended up losing to Light.
>>
File: 8891908_orig.jpg (15KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
8891908_orig.jpg
15KB, 512x288px
Best episode was the one about that girl who almost discovers Lights but he manages to kill her at the end. I was sweating bullets
>>
Kira did nothing wrong, he should have won. I dont care about L. Anime ruined by its shitty ending.
>>
>>155190596
Death note went shit since L got introducted.
It was 6/10 at best
>>
Anyone else think they should've went with Taro from the draft of the Death Note pilot rather than Light? I think he would've been a far more sympathetic character.
>>
>>155190596

Light was always retarded though...

> Has the perfect tool that allows him to kill anyone without ever being catch
> Gets catched
> It doesn't matter as long as the note is destroyed since without the evidence nothing could ever be proved EVER
> He provides circumstantial evidence that would be non conclusive but ensures a conclusive ending the moment he decides to use a hidden paper in front of everyone
> He lets L know about his magic note
> He kills petty criminals instead of politicians and mob leaders, which names he could easily learn
> He barely uses the mental control functions of the note and handicap himself by only using the default heart attack method

He is childish and a fucking idiot...
>>
>>155192991
hopefully the netflix adaptation will fix it.
>>
So what was wrong with Near, again?
>>
>>155195955
boring character with no personality
>>
This.
With that said, the problem is that SJ wanted it to last longer than it had to to, since it stood out from everything they published.
If the authors didn't feel the need to get visibility and aim for a teen target (with all the meddling implied), it would be a legit work of art.

>>155195955
A more realistic aspie than L, almost devoid of le funny quirks. So neitheir "weird" nor "cool" enough to be liked by the target audience he represents.
>>
>>155196807
Meant to quote >>155193200 on the first part.
>>
>>155192991
The anime does a poor job of putting Misa in any good light, though regardless she dumbs the fuck down after the timeskip regardless.
>>
>>155195955
He's just L 2.0 without any interesting character traits.

Though the payoff of his character development is in the final chapter of the manga (not shown in the anime), where the idea of Near possibly using the Death Note to manipulate Mikami and trap Light in the end is brought up,
>>
>>155193230
The anime does a shitty job of portraying it compared to the manga, but the entire thing with both Near and Mello is that through their combined efforts do they manage to take Light down. The anime skips a good deal of Near's investigation into Kira as well as that emphasis of Mello+Near = L. Mix in with >>155197600
and you get a more satisfying ending to the battle between them.
>>
>>155197737
I was a Lightfag but I agree that the L arc was much more better.
Near and others were terrible. He was designed to make Light lose because muh justive will prevail.
>>
Near should be thanking Mikami for helping him finish Light.
>>
>>155192981
Uh no
Try Tsugumi Ohba
>>
>>155193153
>...unless you sided with L, I guess. Which I never did.
Owwwww the Edgeeee
>>
>>155193385
>Plays with toys all day while pretending to be a smart edgelord
>His butlers and Mello does all the work for him while he goofs off and people betray Light
>He gets all the credit in the end even though he didn't do jackshit
Yeah no, Near is fucking shit
Fuck Near
>>
>>155193494
They ruined this shit in the manga with that melodramatic scene which makes no sense
>>
>>155190596
Literally poor man's Monster
Johan would have both these fucking niggers eating shit out of fear
>>
>>155193494
>>155198947
*in the anime
>>
>>155198982
>Monster
now THAT was a fucking waste of time, I saw so many people praising that shit and I finally took the plunge to watch it a few months ago

it starts well enough even though that turkish woman or whatever saying "give him back" was a little hamfisted but I say what it was trying to do and I thought I understood why people liked it

fast forward 10 eps and I thought the setup was really interesting but there was a lingering question in my mind that baffled me, how the fuck is this gonna be 74 episodes? they can't possibly drag this shit out for that long can they? there are probably gonna be new arcs and stuff or at least something right?

>they drag that shit out for 74 episodes

I'm sorry but anyone that says this is a 10/10 or even 8/10 is clinically retarded, I could understand a 7 maybe but even then that's really fucking stretching it
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.