[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are video games seldomly adapted into anime? I think some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (240KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 1365x768px
Why are video games seldomly adapted into anime? I think some are great source materials, pic very related.
>>
Because fanbases don't match up very well.
>>
>DS anime
nah nigga there's no need for that
DS only work as a video game
>>
Anime is essentially presented as an infomercial. Japanese games tend to do around half of their lifetime sales in week 1. So you're burning money to advertise something that's either not on the market yet or already old news--and at the same time, something like 90% of gamers are huge casual fakes who will welcome the chance to save their $80 (Japan prices) and watch the story on TV for free.

That's why, apart from online and mobile games, when it does happen it's often "inspired by" an ongoing franchise rather than retelling any given part, or intended as an advance wave of hype for a multimedia franchise that will later get games.
>>
File: theworldendswithyou.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
theworldendswithyou.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
Subarashiki Kono Sekai should really get an anime
>>
>>155188394
Oh, and even up through the PS3 generation the average Japanese game budget was $3-$5m. Hard to justify spending another $3-5m on a single form of advertising, especially "late-night infomercials which only air across about half of the country by population".
>>
Because good video games have stories which stop being interesting when you remove the choice given to the player.
>>
File: 1381389712022.png (184KB, 457x396px) Image search: [Google]
1381389712022.png
184KB, 457x396px
>>155188039
Usually because anime adaptations butcher the source material. See DMC and FF7 as examples.
>>
It's not that seldom. VNs may or may not count, but plenty of mobage get adaptations now. And this season we had Akiba's Trip.
>>
>>155188767
You call that butchering the source material? Try watching the Disgaea anime.
>>
>>155188767

Well FF7 wasn't really an adaptation, more a sequel.

Though I would genuinely like to see them try and make a FF7 anime series, just to see if they fuck it up or not. I think they could make it 25 episodes easily
>>
>>155188474
Just call it The World Ends with You you double weeb
>>
>>155188557
Japanese games don't tend to be choice heavy though
>>
File: brigandine.jpg (119KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
brigandine.jpg
119KB, 600x586px
Ys, Dragonforce, Fire emblem, and Brigandine would be excellent source material for an anime adaptation
>>
>>155188474
I've thought about this before and it seems like it could work if it wasn't for the combat system. How can you even adapt that and not break the canon?
>>
File: R2fB7.png (192KB, 827x1015px) Image search: [Google]
R2fB7.png
192KB, 827x1015px
>>155188039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw9mbPXSuCA
Ornstein best boy
>>
>>155189697
best souls boy is clearly solaire though
>>
>>155189697
>The recent patch in 3 gave his armor the plume
I'M SO HAPPY
>>
Video games use a type of narrative that usually doesn't translate well into anime. Common problems are pacing issues, scenes starting/stopping abruptly and scenarios repeating themselves too often.

The best thing a video game adaption can do is try to use the setting and tell a completely new story.
>>
File: roro.jpg (292KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
roro.jpg
292KB, 858x1200px
Atelier the Animation
>>
File: 1460705325991.png (544KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460705325991.png
544KB, 720x480px
I am waiting for the anime adaption the anime industry needs but doesn't deserve.
When will based Marche give all these self inserting otaku isekai shitters a wake up call?
>>
>>155188767
since the anime was made before DMC3 I can kinda forgive it
>>
>>155190390
Abenobashi already did that
>>
>>155188039
A dark souls anime would suck, simply no way to turn that into anime actual narrative and have the atmosphere stay the same.

Nier: Automata on the other hand needs to be made asap.
>>
Video games transfer very poorly to a single season anime format. Any longer than that would be taking an even bigger risk.
>>
>>155190599
Nier Automata works because its in a videogame medium

It wouldn't work nearly as well in another medium
>>
Still waiting for a Skies of Arcadia anime.
>>
>>155188557
I bet you only read choose your own adventure books, don't you.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.