[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that pic related is the true ending. Anyone that thinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 30

File: eoe poster.jpg (37KB, 400x515px) Image search: [Google]
eoe poster.jpg
37KB, 400x515px
Reminder that pic related is the true ending.

Anyone that thinks that the last 2 episodes meant anything are objectively in the wrong.
>>
Reminder that Asuka is the best girl.

Anyone who thinks that ugly toilet Rei is the best girl is objectively wrong
>>
>>155149497
EoE and the 2 last episodes from the series are the same thing you fucktard.
>>
Reminder that Rei is the best girl.

Anyone who thinks that ugly toilet Asuka is the best girl is objectively wrong
>>
>>155149497
What the fuck is that? I didnĀ“t watch the anime but always there are people talking about this shit.

I don't care of spoilers, wouldn't care to see the anime and the movie desu
>>
>>155149497
>not watching EoE up to start of instrumentality, then switching to the last two episodes before continuing with the movie
baaaaka
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12620339/
>>
>>155149927
are people serious when they say this? I can't tell. anno himself said the two endings are separate things, that they diverged.
>>
>>155152018
>>155152018
not that guy but they are only seperate things in regards to visual appearance, not content.
one focused solely on the instrumentality project, the other gave us a prolog and epilog to work with
>>
>>155149497
Reminder that EOTV is the true ending which was more true to the Eva TV series which didn't add needless drama or forced portrayals
>>
>>155152127
No, they are different in content too. They're completely separate endings. Why is it so hard to see this?
>>
>>155153100
It's true.
>Hayashibara: So there will be two episode 25s.
>Anno: Right, it will be a multi-ending.
>Hayashibara: So, a dual... ah, a multi-ending. After episode 24 the endings will diverge.
>Anno: Right.
>Hayashibara: There will be two of them.
>Anno: There will be two of them.
>Hayashibara: Ah, two endings.
>Anno: Yes.
>Hayashibara: In terms of gaming - is it called a simulation game? What do you call it? The ending for that [particular] self changes as you go on [through the game].
>Anno: Right, a multi-ending [game].
>Hayashibara: You took this road so you went here. You took this road so you went here. The ending changes. That's how it goes.
>Anno: Um. Evangelion is my live performance. Since I create it with this sense of it being live, what I'm thinking now, what I'm feeling now, my current mood, all this gets transferred onto film - that was the initial theme, or the theme I had in my mind.
>Hayashibara: Right.
>>
>>155153100
>>155153313
Content was a poor choice of words, I admit.
So, what are those hugely differing endings?
In both of them, humanity gets tanged, we see misato dead, ritsuko dead, both of them in the same place. we see asuka in her eva underwater.
and then, in both of them, shinji rejects instrumentality at the end, choosing life as an individual himself.
>>
File: 1469483060103.png (17KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1469483060103.png
17KB, 350x350px
are there any other anime where a climactic world ending event happens towards the end?

the actual third impact event is one of my fave scenes of all time

it happens in my favorite game too, maybe its just a trope I really like?
>>
>>155149497
Just finished all this and feel depressed
>>
File: Smug cutie.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
Smug cutie.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>155149934
>N-NO, U!
Sad!
>>
>>155154823
>in both of them, shinji rejects instrumentality at the end
How so? I thought in the first ending the clapping scene in the end meant acceptance of instrumentality.
>>
>>155157323
no, that's him overcoming the fear of other peoples' perceptions of him and learning it's possible (and necessary) to love himself
>>
>>155149934
It's hard being a Reifan here. Asukafags just wont let us be.
>>
What a fucking trash show holy shit just finished it 2/10 would not watch again
>>
How does anyone not know that the two endings are the same? The TV series ending is taken from a psychological perpective with analysis and pseudo commentary on the characters.
>>
>>155158335
Came here to post this. Any kind of divergence into an alternate universe happened in the Rebuilds. And anyone who can't tell EoE from the Rebuilds is an idiot.
>>
>>155158166
It's not just Asukafags, the Kaworufags are equally hateful. They are like this because they need to protect the status quo.
>>
>>155158487
>this projecting
>>
>>155158487
>>155158166
and there we go, another one of them: >>155158638 proving it.
>>
>>155149497
haha yeah bro just skip the last 2 episodes and watch the REAL ending xD
>>
>>155158071
yes. but that's exactly it. he comes to inner peace because he is merged with the minds of the others. he let's go off the barrier that protects him from contact with other people (i.e. AT-field), goes through a rough phase in the beginning but is finally ready to join the others in their instrumentality-state.
>>
I kind of like the idea that the whole Evangelion plot is just an imagination of Shinji like it is implied in original 25+26. There we are shown the alternative reality, where Asuka is his childhood friend and so on. I think the actual reality is somewhere in between this better world and the apocalypse scenario.

In reality Shinji still has mental issues and thinks that everyone hates him. Probably because of the trauma inflicted by his mother's early death and his father leaving him alone. That is why he flees into his fantasy world where he is needed for piloting the Eva and saving humanity. Good for him that in the plot he made up for this world he laid the seed for overcoming it, the human-instrumentality project.

So the story of Evangelion is basically that of a boy who found a very elaborate way to treat his bonding issues through going through experiencing an adventure in his own fantasy world.

My interpretation of EoE is then that experiment fails and Shinji gets lost in his fantasy and has not longer a grip of reality. He turns mad and has no chance of coming back.
>>
>>155158166
>>155158487
>>155158676
Die you degenerate toiletfag
>>
>>155159709
How boring.
>>
>>155159709
>le it's just a dream
Cliche as fuck.
>>
>>155160182
Well, maybe I just don't find it boring because I have performed similar mental experiments on my own.

>>155160285
It's not a dream. It's real in the way that Shinji faces a real struggle to overcome his anxiety.

There are a few clues, too. Shinji is said to have lived with his teacher after running away from home. In the alternative reality, Misato is his teacher. So, both combined leave us with a familiar scenario: Shinji lives with Misato. And then there is the fact that NERV only picks pilots from Shinji's class. Which seems totally natural considering that Shinji chooses the people he sees everyday to use them as characters in his fantasy world.
>>
>>155159709
Nice interpretation, I like it. I've also thought that shinji goes insane during EoE
>>
>>155159899
>Die you degenerate toiletfag
Rei does not look like a toilet.
>>
>>155160671
Thanks. Probably someone has come up with all that stuff already, but I haven't found anything yet.

My theory goes further that it was the appearance of Rei that triggered all of this in Shinji. In the alternative reality she is an exchange student. Probably Shinji fell in love with her and was totally unprepared for this emotion which he never felt before. That triggered a mental crisis and a retraumatization, because one the one hand he was overwhelmed by emotion, on the other hand became scared that he was now vulnerable to losing her just like he lost his mother (that's how I explain why in Eva, Rei is basically Shinji's mother). Thus his bonding issues and anxiety, that were asleep for years, hit him hard. Also Asuka, as his childhood friend naturally saw a threat in Rei and acted hostile, which let Shinji to the thought that even she now despised him.
>>
>>155153313
what does this mean?
>>
>>155162043
It means that episodes 25 and 26 and EOE are seperate endings.
>>
File: kajibait.jpg (32KB, 445x397px) Image search: [Google]
kajibait.jpg
32KB, 445x397px
>>155149497
>>
File: eva platinum scan.png (310KB, 540x282px) Image search: [Google]
eva platinum scan.png
310KB, 540x282px
>>155149497
Everytime until you accept it.
>in response to fans (ā€¦) it was decided that there wold be a remake
>that is (ā€¦) The End of Evangelion
>the story of Eva would branch into two stories with the diverging point being (ā€¦) Episode 24.
>the two stories (ā€¦) unfold differently and arrive at their own climaxes
>it is not that one is the complete version
>just like multiple endings of a game
>two different endings (ā€¦) for one story

>KT - Yes, itā€™s finally over. I honestly think it would have been best simply to end it with the TV series. Frankly speaking, I feel that everything after that was a bit of unnecessary work.

>Someone else later asked the old question about if EoE was created as revenge against the fans who hated the TV ending, and Yamaga responded again that the TV ending was planned from the beginning, and everyone at Gainax was satisfied with the ending, but they still wanted to do more Eva when they were finished so they made the movies.
>Yamaga once again stated that episodes 25 and 26 of the series were planned from the beginning and people believe otherwise because fans like making up rumors.

>A few people asked Anno about why he did the final two episodes the way he did, while noting that they felt the ending was confusing. Anno replied, via his translator, that he did not think there was anything wrong with the last two episodes at all and that if we didnā€™t like the ending of Eva, that was our problem (ā€¦) he picked up the microphone and, speaking in English, said ā€œToo bad."
>>
i thought they were connected (the last 2 episodes are happening in shinji's head right?)
>>
>>155162340
the videogame analogy was confusing to use

>Um. Evangelion is my live performance. Since I create it with this sense of it being live, what I'm thinking now, what I'm feeling now, my current mood, all this gets transferred onto film - that was the initial theme, or the theme I had in my mind.

Does this pretty much confirm that EoE was how it was really supposed to end how he intended too, and what we got in the anime was him trying to get as close to his intentional ending wrapping up the same themes, but with a smaller almost non existent budget?
>>
>>155162640
lel anno bringing the bants
>>
>>155162868
No, it means that sort of thinking is bullshit. If it's a "live performance", then whatever he makes first is the valid ending. The rest is just him trying to prettify or change the original performance.
>>
>>155159709
St. Elsewhere? A bit droll.
>>
>>155160483
they took only the pilots from shinji class because they all lost their mom, it was no coincidence, everyting was planned
>>
>>155162938
Well, it's obviously just one possible layer of the story and totally unexclusive. Adding such a new layer doesn't make the upfront plot less "real" or less worthy of interpreting. I just really like the idea that somewhere there is a hidden part of NGE where it's just a highschool love drama in a normal setting with lots of psychological depth to it.

"There are lots of realities, this is only one of them"
>>
TV ending is cheesy as hell self-help "learn to love yourself " power of friendship bullshit and then the penguin says congratulations suck my dick

EoE is basically an hour and a half long meditation on the guilt of masturbation that is in itself heinously masturbatory

which is worse?
>>
>>155163178
huh? how is there a class in which everyone lost his mum? shinji and asuka were only introduced to the class after being chosen and rei never had a mum in the first place? and what about toji's mum, i don't even know.
>>
>>155163294
>EoE is basically an hour and a half long meditation on the guilt of masturbation

kek'd
>>
>>155163294
EOE. I never thought of that as something to damn him for.
>>
>>155163225
That was both a message to Shinji that life is what you make it, and a meta commentary about how it's a fictional story.
>>
>>155149497
>Watching Evangelion, the shit fest that it is.
>Not watching Eureka 7 which is Evangelion if Shinji just nutted the fuck up.
>>
>>155163428
>what is your hand for
>>
>>155163435
watch it again with that in mind and you'll understand
>>
>>155163294
never knew someone could be this shallow
>>
>>155162868
no, contrary to popular belief they had a decent budget to work with, but they couldn't have gotten away with half the shit in EoE in the TV medium because the broadcasters were already up in arms over him having Kaworu die (who, to all intents and purposes, just looks like a 14 year old boy to outsiders and parents, getting brutally murdered by his pal) which they had kept hidden from the broadcasters until the very last moment when it had been stipulated that they couldn't kill any kids (also why Toji survives when he dies in the manga). They would never have gotten away with stuff like Asuka's death after that, so they wrapped up the TV ending the best they could and immediately started planning a theatrical finale. Most of the so-called 'hate mail' was actually letters of extreme admiration for the show. 20 years of rumours has created this whole edgy fictional backstory.
>>
>>155163294
>>155163736
The whole eoe wasnt about jacking it dude. That was just a piece of his guilt was jacking it to coma asuka and more guilt from killing the 1 guy who was an angel plus him being an all around self hating pussy and getting over that was what eoe was about.

Eoe was good because it also wrapped up the ending concerning evas not just shinjis existential dilemma. Still had a pretty bad ending but better than ep 26
>>
>>155164567
but I'm right tho
>>
>>155164675
the ending of eoe is literally visual genius so we disagree there

also think about what instrumentality is
think about the bit where shinji and asuka watch misato fuck ("its just two grown ups licking each others wounds!")
think about the constant visual emphasis on hands
think about one of the shots in the fast montage toward the end of the third impact literally being an upskirt shot of asuka's ass
think about asuka chiding shinji for his jerk-off fantasies in the train sequence

masturbating is a big part of what that film is about
>>
>>155164668
>20 years of rumours has created this whole edgy fictional backstory

Half the shit I hear in these threads involving the production of the show are rumors then.
I thought the death threats were real
>>
B-but Evangelion is bad because muh symbolism has no meaning!!!
How do you argue that ignorance? Death of the Author maybe?
>>
>>155164985
no because barthes' idea was barely consistent anyway

the religious iconography has meaning according to how it is used in its context

with stuff like eoe its difficult to put it into words but you can "feel" it as you watch it
>>
>>155164952
yep
they may have received threats from literally one or two people but that's literally it, nothing out of the ordinary for a show of this size
>>
File: eoe 3.jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eoe 3.jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
>>155165201
really its an abstract visual figure used for the abstract emotional purposes of japanese men
>>
>>155164925
There was a ton about sex and going through puberty towards the end of the show.

Hands show affection, and that imagery has been there even in the intros. I really think you're overblowing this all.
Further, I really doubt someone would make this movie to end the series pushing a 'masturbation is bad' theme

I really think shinjis whole depression throughout eoe was caused by many things and mainly his killing of his angel friend not just jacking it. And i think it was bothersome to him spcifically because he jacked it to asuka when shes in a coma
>>
>>155165330
the reason shinji's scene with rei is so cathartic (in my eyes) is because up until that point sex had been a very selfish and onanistic drive in NGE
the beginning with shinji wanking over a completely indifferent, unaware body is the culmination of that
then you have the rei/shinji scene as a kind of resolution
then the ending is a kind of troubled and sobering representation of hatred and indifference but with a bit of affection

i'm sorry I'm definitely right here
>>
>>155165548
I see what you're saying now.

So its more about love then, or letting others in, removing the seflishness? Why did rei and shinji bang i dont get it, then he leaves for the real world and suddenly asuka is the only other person there with him
>>
>>155165947
yeah you got it

rei and shinji only symbolically bang. the emphasis is more on shinji being comfortable and intimate with another human being

the ending with asuka is about facing up to the fact that the actual business of living with other people is far messier and more disgusting
>>
>>155166246
That last bit was a really really good explanation. Thanks for typing all this its been bothering me for awhile
>>
>>155166407
my explanation robs that scene of a lot of its subtlety, though. I love the ending and eoe in general, so the pleasure is all mine friend
>>
File: melons.jpg (6KB, 208x156px) Image search: [Google]
melons.jpg
6KB, 208x156px
>>155162468
post more kaji
>>
>>155162640
Well that's stupid. I always thought they were heavily implying that episodes 25 and 26 take place a bit after Shitji initiates Third Impact. The TV episodes quickly show the aftermath with all the LCL everywhere before the interrogations take place, and EoE keeps everybody's place of death consistent with the TV episodes. Human Instrumentality being rejected doesn't invalidate the TV episodes so I thought it was a clever way to show what happens if HI is rejected. I also thought it made Shinji almost likeable since he knew it was a false paradise so I thought the implication was after he had his mental intervention with everybody he would eventually reject HI in favor of returning to a fucked but real world so he can try and live his life without fear for once.

I can't believe I actually thought they knew what they were doing. What a shit ending - both of them.
>>
>>155160879
She does.
>>
>>155168221
wrong
>>
I can never decide whether I like Rei or Asuka more. I love both of them. What does this mean?
>>
File: wallpaper misato.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper misato.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>155168387
That you're 50% toiletlover and 50% reifag

come to the brighter side, anon
>>
>>155168498
Asuka, Rei, and Misato are the holy trinity of waifus.
>>
>>155162640
doesn't the episode 25 preview shows unfinished EOE footage?
>>
>>155168653
Not that I'm aware of, are you thinking about Death and Rebirth?
>>
>>155168796
>>155168653
It's in the DC version if i'm not mistaken.
>>
>>155168653
It's true, anon, they showed sketches that were used for EoE during the preview for episode 25 in the TV series. Anno is also the rather unreliable and capricious narrator however, so maybe he just got sick of EVA and wanted to end it like he did too - he did say he has no idea why he started making the Rebuilds at one point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb17Qt1MdIM
>>
File: 902653.jpg (46KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
902653.jpg
46KB, 500x391px
>>155149859
>Asuka
>Girl
>>
Omedeto
>>
>>155171165
Is that you, filenames kun?
>>
File: 6857463524130291.png (202KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
6857463524130291.png
202KB, 480x480px
>>155171398
Probably not
>>
>>155171120
Those were only added in from the directors cuts, 2 years later from the first airing of the show on TV
>>
>>155171120
>he did say he has no idea why he started making the Rebuilds at one point

I wish he would just leave Eva alone.
>>
>>155168255
wrong
>>
>>155172534
wrong
>>
>>155172534
factually fallible
>>
File: 14589334428450.png (284KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14589334428450.png
284KB, 640x480px
>>155149859
All the girls are too damage, but Asuka is the cutest of them all. However, I feel bad for the lad who has to put up with her.
>>
>>155173309
I hope its shinji they were cute
He really shouldve just held her when she fell into his bed and not have been such a puss
>>
>>155173610
If Shinji wasn't such a pussy and was charming, maybe. He should have asked Lililth to make him into a chuunibyou.
>>
>>155173610
Fuck off shipper.
>>
>>155173610
>>155173309
ASUKAFAGS SHIP MORE THAN REIFAGS, HERE'S PROOF, SO STOP SPAMMING SHITTY PICTURE
>>
>>155173923
>>155173926
I didnt know this was a thing geez. I finished evangelion 1 day ago
>>
>>155174000
Shippers are generally despised but it ok
>>
File: best waifu according to google.jpg (71KB, 635x321px) Image search: [Google]
best waifu according to google.jpg
71KB, 635x321px
>>155173923
Not that anon you're responded to but like i mentioned here >>155173309 Asuka due to being "unshippable" would be a bad and violent wife, and is dead last in all time waifus according to google.

Here's that list. All great waifus have shippable, meaning they have people that love them. Asuka has nobody and will remain alone forever and ever.
>>
>>155174278
I liked her and shinjis relationship when shinji would give her attitude back to her and not be a pussy, but that only happened once
>>
>>155174278
I don't see Rei on that list which means Asuka's better
>>
>>155174278
>ESL
>google and MAL as a metric for anything
No amount of lurking will make your posts worthwhile. Do us all a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>155174355
Shipping is cringeworthy and belongs on tumblr, especially in a series like Evangelion
>>
>>155174377
She's in the top 30 so I guess it means something, but there are superior girls in other anime/vn/manga. I don't like psychopaths as a waifu.

>>155174355
He needs some backbone or something, then maybe.

>>155174413
>esl

what?

>google

Well, its from a list. Asuka is the only eva girl on that list and she's at the bottom of said list, The fact she's violent and fucking crazy is one of those reasons.
>>
>>155174586
ESL means English Second Language.
>>
>>155174738
Well I'm sure you'll be happy to know English is my one and only language.
>>
>>155174791
Well then you're just retarded.
>>
>>155174827
Because of stated facts on the purpose of Asuka's character? She was designed to be imperfect and not some kind of "best girl" nonsense.
>>
>>155174963
Asuka's a lot like Griffith from berserk; she's a well written character, but I wouldn't want to spend a single minute of my life around her
>>
>>155174578
I dunno, looking at the catalog i think you're wrong
>>
>>155175037
Yeah, exactly. Griffith is good looking as well, but I think some people let his good looks misinterpret the message. Same with Asuka, she's very cute but thats not the intention of the character.

People get insulted when someone brings up she's at the bottom of "waifu" lists and that's not a knock on her personally, its just she's not a life partner.
>>
>>155175095
ESPECIALLY in a series like Evangelion
>>
>>155175188
>>155174963
It's an arbitrary list and you're retarded because of your post here >>155174278

It's riddled with grammar mistakes that led me to believe you're a shitskin. So you're either a lying shitskin that has some arbitrary google list tell them what to like or an illiterate podunk piece of shit that has google tell them what to like.
>All great waifus have shippable, meaning they have people that love them
Really? You honestly typed that and saw nothing wrong there? You're fucking retarded, lad. Go pursue an education before posting on an English imageboard.
>>
>>155172599
wrong
>>
>>155175262
Literally the 1 thing that bothered me most was the unclear ending of all the characters relationships with eachother
>>
>>155175397
So you want a timeskip where they're all married? This isn't Naruto
>>
Asuka would make an excellent wife and you are all retarded.
>>
File: 1466651128737.jpg (86KB, 600x937px) Image search: [Google]
1466651128737.jpg
86KB, 600x937px
How did Shinji and Asuka even survive after EoE? I guess that they would eventually find more people who also rejected instrumentality, but what would they eat? How can they even start rebuilding the world as they knew it? just imagine trying to sleep with a giant Rei head looking at you the entire time
>>
>>155175298
>I-its an arbitrary list! It doesn't mean anything!

Nice denial of facts, even before I knew who my waifu was. I knew a girl like Asuka could never love others, and cannot be loved. This was one of the message of the fucking anime.

>shitskin

Yeah, I'm so much so that I burn easy in summers.
>>
>>155175497
They eat Rei
>>
>>155175526
So you're admitting to being a retard?
>>
>>155175526
Are you sure English is your first language?
>>
>>155175458
Thats EXACTLY what i want or at least some clear direction for the characters relationships not just concerning shinji
If i got i right then everyone comes back to life in instrumentality so it would be nice to see where everyones at
>>
>>155168653
Outlines of the "original" episode 25 and 26 did exist as part of the initial proposal and draft of NGE that was done in 1993, and while EoE probably resembles these original drafts it is likely not a 1:1 recreation.

A lot of people get distracted by the fancy new footage and see EoE as a "real" ending to NGE but forget that at the time NGE had no reputation and in between EoTV and EoE fans hated that A. EoTV cast all the plot points and lore aside for psychological melodrama and B. it was a weird and bleak ending made even more bizarre by bits of optimism sprinkled in instead of a normal mecha ending.

EoE takes all these issues and shoves them in the audience's face even more. No real answer for why the Seeds are on earth or what they're for, what the Lance of Longinus really is, or why Impacts are inevitable is ever given. Even the whole Fruit of Life/Knowledge duality, which really underlies the whole central conflict of the show, is just briefly mentioned by name with no explanation of the underlying mechanics given. And the whole thing and ending in particular is arguably even more bleak than the TV ending. Include Anno's repeated insistence that the TV ending has all the necessary elements for concluding the series, on top of things like hate mail over EoTV being included as abstract background footage and it becomes clear that a lot of what gives EoE the reputation it has is the fact that itā€™s a very meta response to people who werenā€™t content with the TV ending.
>>
File: 1489769633099.png (192KB, 312x364px) Image search: [Google]
1489769633099.png
192KB, 312x364px
>>155175581
Is the only thing you can do is ad hominem? I'm waiting for you to dispute my arguments.
>>
>>155175610
Something that bothers me about the whole, EoTV was planned from the beginning is a line in EoE that mocks EoTV Shinji's infamous "I am me"

I hold a great deal of skepticism over Anno's explanation for anything (especially since its Anno) considering little things like that

The truth is probably that the studio created an ending they were ok with considering the budget they had, but were not fully satisfied with EoTV so EoE became another attempt at more or less the same ending but with plenty of meta shit fueling it
>>
>>155175746
You haven't provided any arguments to dispute. You're as much a hypocrite as you are an illiterate, considering you're just calling Asuka names.
>>
File: 1487870289794.jpg (65KB, 665x842px) Image search: [Google]
1487870289794.jpg
65KB, 665x842px
>>155176141
I have, but you've been too upset on the "names" for Asuka that you forgot to read. I'll say it again, the point of Asuka was to be unlovable and almost the antagonist of the show. She's a great character but not a waifu. She's a tragic person.

I posted the list to prove that she's at the bottom of the barrel of everyone's waifu list, and asukafags can't bear it for some reason; hence why Shikinami was created for Rebuild of Evangelion.
>>
>>155175377
wrong
>>
>>155176441
>bottom of the barrel of everyone's waifu list
>some content-aggregate google fed list is now indicative of anything
You do realize Asuna from Shit Art Online is on that very list, right? You're fucking retarded. Please go outside and get stabbed, thirdworlder.

>he point of Asuka was to be unlovable
Rewatch the show you cumguzzling retard.

>almost the antagonist of the show
It's called a character foil you illiterate ape. Her supposed foil is set up to show that despite outward mannerisms that her issues are similar to the other children in some ways. You don't know shit about storytelling.
>>
>>155176631
>You're fucking retarded. Please go outside and get stabbed, thirdworlder.

ow the edge

>Rewatch the show you cumguzzling retard.

I've watched the DC bluray many times, but the overall message of the show was criticizing escapist otaku. Misato, Rei and Asuka were meant to be the anti-waifu while Kaworu was purposely made as some bishonen Prince archetype without any flaws.

>asuka is now a character foil

"definition: In fiction, a foil is a character who contrasts with another character ā€”usually the protagonistā€” in order to highlight particular qualities of the other character."

Yeah, I don't think so. She literally opposes every character not named Kaji, jobs at the end and then dies in the most brutal way possible.
>>
>>155176875
>Misato, Rei and Asuka were meant to be the anti-waifu

Anno fucked up pretty badly then.
>>
>>155176875
>Asuka is not a foil to Shinji in any way whatsoever
>the overall message
No you dumb fuckbag, that was the meta-commenttary. The overall message has much more to do with self-affirmation that synchronized with the commentary on otaku.
>>
File: 1476454949593.jpg (3MB, 1648x4128px) Image search: [Google]
1476454949593.jpg
3MB, 1648x4128px
Good thread guys! But inb4 fujos
Reminder that Shinji is canonically heterosexual. He only ever had sexual fantasies about women.
>>
>>155176967
We're so fucked up really
>>
>>155176967
How so? Asuka is a violent psychopath who hates everyone who doesn't praise her, Rei is an autistic robotic clone stripped of any emotion and Misato is a drunk who can't bond with other men without using sex.

>>155176996
I prefer antagonist because how hostile she is to the MC, she's even responsible for most his problems that he wants to kill her. People don't like to call Asuka antagonist because it has strong connotations. To each his own I suppose.
>>
>>155177022
It's ok, Kaworu is actually a girl and can change her form after all
>>
>>155177232
female Kaworu probably looks like Christie from DOA, spikey white hair and huge tits.
>>
>>155177232
I don't care. As long as it isn't yaoi bullshit it can work. It's a story about boy not your classic bl
>>
>>155177208
>she's even responsible for most his problems
Yes because Asuka is now suddenly Gendo. Rewatch the show you illiterate faggot.
>>
>>155177385
Yeah, I'm sure Shinji wanted strangle her for no reason at all.
>>
>>155177489
Fuck off fujo
>>
>>155177208
Asuka is not an antagonist. An antagonist does not simply mean "mean person" you cockmuppet.
>>
>>155177512
But that's not a fujo, that's an ESLfag, one of your kind.
>>
>>155177528
>antagonist definition
>An antagonist is a character, group of characters, institution, or concept that stands in or represents opposition against which the protagonist must contend
> In other words, an antagonist is a person or a group of people who opposes a protagonist.

Look at how she is completely against Shinji, even violently so, in End of Evangelion. They spend together fighting each other in Intrumentality, and he tries to kill her. I'd say she's antagonist of the story.
>>
>>155177653
Asuka tries to save the world along with Shinji, she and him are protaginists. Gendo and SEELE are the antagonists.
>>
>>155177751
But she doesn't pilot to save the world, she does it for her own personal benefit. With piloting she feels worth something, needed. She even laughs at the thought of her comrades dying. Look at how she just wants to show her skill, rather than obeying orders. Its just something to stroke her ego, a game.
>>
>>155177208
>How so? Asuka is a violent psychopath who hates everyone who doesn't praise her, Rei is an autistic robotic clone stripped of any emotion and Misato is a drunk who can't bond with other men without using sex.

And they're still the best waifus that exist. Get over it.
>>
>>155177830
Her intent doesn't matter, just whose side she's on.
>>
File: 23810470_p0.jpg (153KB, 750x760px) Image search: [Google]
23810470_p0.jpg
153KB, 750x760px
>>155177944
Makise Kurisu exists, the best tsundere ever made.
>>
>>155177653
Asuka didn't do anything wrong. She tried to form relationships with the people around her and they all rebuffed or abandoned her, eventually leading her to have a psychological collapse. It's like if no one in the story was ever nice to Shinji and just shit all over him constantly.
>>
>>155178253
Well she tried to manipulate Shinji into kissing her, as a way to make herself feel better about Kaji and Misato spending the night together.
>>
>>155150046
white shirt is mc
red is one of two main girls
big head girl is the second main girl but she is god now
>>
>>155178253
Asuka constantly shat over everyone else, hit them or talked behind their backs. Which is why she is the antagonist. Rei tried to help everyone and largely succeeds.
>>
>>155178754
She even hit Suzuhara and Kensuke, who didn't do anything to her.
>>
>>155178253

Asuka actively hinders every single character she interacts with. She mistreats Rei. She physically abuses Shinji and sexually harasses Kaji. She is a disobedient brat to Misato and an incompetent, imsubordinate pilot to both Misato and Ritsuko along with the rest of nerv, all who have a hand in controlling her damage.

Israfael? Asuka fucks it up.
Magma Diver? Asuka fucks it up.
Blackout episode? Asuka fucks it up.
Arael? Asuka fucks it up.
>>
>>155156509

> hurr durr all i can do is post spam images

Good thing Shinji is the boy she gets put with. Any other male would've caved her face in a long time ago.
>>
>>155178914
>Magma Diver? Asuka fucks it up.

You're a troll and this shows it. Asuka carried out the mission properly but the angel woke up early, which no one expected. She then destroyed it but her cables broke so she had to be rescued.
>>
>>155173309

> Asukafags are so pathetic they have to post noncanon bullshit to keep up their delusion
>>
>>155178754
Oh I see you're just a Reifag.
>>
File: 1488320582269.jpg (58KB, 693x622px) Image search: [Google]
1488320582269.jpg
58KB, 693x622px
We haven't even seen Evangelion Rebuild 4.0 yet.
>>
>>155179310

Oh I see you're unable to refute the statement.
>>
>>155179463
>refute my statement that's borne of butthurt and not based in canon
>>
>>155179071

She was completely lost until Shinji told her how to stop the Angel. She can't do anything without Shinji or Rei saving her.
>>
>>155179526

She mistreats Rei. She physically abuses Shinji and sexually harasses Kaji. She is a disobedient brat to Misato and an incompetent, insubordinate pilot to both Misato and Ritsuko along with the rest of nerv,

This is fact. That you don't like the facts showing your reject of a waifu for what she is shows your intellectual immaturity. Are you a leftist? You'd fit right in with BLM and Antifa.
>>
>>155179621
>adhom and reddit spacing
>bringing in irrelevant politics
Fuck off normalfag.
>>
>>155179621
How dare you. Delete the bottom half of your post.
>>
>>155179621
You're also forgetting how Asuka doesn't get along with the boys at school.
>>
File: Shinji X Kaworu.jpg (649KB, 800x2073px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji X Kaworu.jpg
649KB, 800x2073px
Just stopping by to remind you all who Shinji would really choose if given the choice.
>>
File: 1484590980686.jpg (79KB, 630x623px) Image search: [Google]
1484590980686.jpg
79KB, 630x623px
>>155179621
>Are you a leftist? You'd fit right in with BLM and Antifa.

kek
>>
>>155179703
All the girls were so shit that they made Shinji go gay, Asuka should be really ashamed of herself.
>>
>>155179665

> talking about adhoms

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, Pot. Besides, when we're talking about fallacies:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Those irrelevant politics were mocking your inability to formulate a factual argument, since your behavior mirrors that of leftist social justice culture.

Which you clearly are, being an asukafag, as you are clearly incapable of judging someone on the content of their character.

Stay triggered, my friend.
>>
>>155179678

I shall do so immediately after you follow Asuka's example and slit your wrists in a bathtub.
>>
>>155179738
>her
>>
>>155179800
There was no need to try and hurt my feelings. Im not any of the people youve been replying to
>>
>>155179800
She did that?
>>
File: transvestite.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
transvestite.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>155179831
Sorry, I forgot that Asuka is a trap and the reason he is frustrated is because its not a girl.
>>
>>155179838

> How dare you

Free speech is the freedom to offend, pussy. You do not have the right to have your feelings protected on an image board.
>>
>>155179888

Impressive trips my friend. The red water in the bathtub in ep24 is either a suicide attempt or period blood. Take your pick.
>>
File: 1473531207273.jpg (17KB, 359x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473531207273.jpg
17KB, 359x250px
>>155179953
looks like somebody didnt read the rules
>>
>>155179986

>4chan pass

Well, there goes any chance of rational discourse with you. Could you possibly be a bigger faggot?
>>
>>155179982
I don't see any reason to think it's anything other than menstrual blood given that it's explicitly mentioned that she's on her period not too long before that.
>>
>>155180068

She has clear loss of body mass during the profile shot of her face. She has not been gone long enough for malnutrition to set in, so the loss has to be from a different source.
>>
File: episode 5.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
episode 5.png
1MB, 1200x900px
Fuck this scene's amazing.
>>
>>155180067
It was a joke. I was trying to make the thread at least a little fun. But judging by the rest of the thread you're too unpleasant and angry to realize that.

Or do you always take things more negatively than they are intended? Ive noticed that on 4chan in general recently
>>
>>155180247

I'll help you out. I'm under no obligation to be 'pleasant' to you or anyone.

And yes, I do look down on people who give actual currency to shams like this website, patreon, kickstarter etc
>>
>>155180330
>im under no obligation to be pleasant to you or anyone

That seems like a less happy way to go about your life
>>
>>155180330
Lol.
>>
>>155180237

I thought it was a pretty clever deconstruction of the whole 'Oops, I saw you naked! Oops I grabbed your boob! Oops I saw all your panties!' trope. The twist being that she doesn't freak out and attack him she doesn't do anything to him until he says something she detests. Same shtick. Different setup and delivery.
>>
>>155180391

I'm not unhappy at all. We're not friends, so I've no reason to expect friendship from you, nor do I have any reason to give it in turn. I also have no need to care about other people's feelings, so why should I? Perhaps you should try it and see the difference sometime.
>>
>>155180483
Anon-kun is a hard man.
>>
>>155179703
Bullshit and you know it. He choose asuka in the Instrumentality and had "sex" with each girl. The masturbation scene was probably intented not for waifufags but for fujos considering how it started out as usual Shinji's masturbation to girls. It shows how little he cared about Kaworu.
>>
>>155180678

He didn't choose asuka. In instrumentality he literally killed her. Rei brought her back.

> Shinji's masturbation to girls.

When we see Shinji masturbate, there's no girl around
>>
>>155180330
>>155180483
*teleports behind you and taps you on the shoulder*

Listen up, kouhai: this is an ANTI-BULLY imageboard, so either be nice or find somewhere else to play!
>>
>>155180729
Fuck off fujo if you claim that these "gay" drafts have something to do with canon then Shinji's masturbation script ver. is canon as well. Shinji also killed kaworu but his relationship with him wasn't sexual
>>
File: H1f1VFq.jpg (105KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H1f1VFq.jpg
105KB, 1440x1080px
>>155180801

Asuka is a boy.
>>
>>155180742

Hi there. Bye now.
>>
>>155180912
For you, faggot
>>
>>155181008

I thought you'd appreciate how progressive Anno was for including a transvestite main character 20 years ago.
>>
>>155181048
Kill yourself, please.
>>
>>155181071

Why? I have no desire to be like Asuka.
>>
File: wth.jpg (55KB, 684x513px) Image search: [Google]
wth.jpg
55KB, 684x513px
>>155180237
>pilots a giant bio-machine that is valued as much as the city its defending
>let her live in a run-down slum

what was up with that?
>>
>>155164668
gundam got away with dead kids all the time
why was it such a big fuss with parents and the network with eva?
>>
>>155181172
Gendo cheap.
>>
>>155181172

It's to constantly make her think she's worthless and disposable
>>
File: 1485474336880.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
1485474336880.png
150KB, 360x274px
>>155168221
I love my toilet
>>
Just watched EoE for the first time. I, well... hmm... I guess that sums up my thoughts at the moment.
>>
>>155182686
Welcome to Anno's Wild Ride.
>>
>>155182955
Yeah, I felt some of it resonate with me on an emotional level, but at the same time I was too confused for it to have much an effect. I think I'll rewatch it in a week or so, once I've had some time to think about it.
>>
>>155183177
EoE isn't supposed to make sense, that was never the point really.

The entire second half is pretty much Anno projecting his intense emotions in animated format regardless of whether it was coherent or not.
>>
>>155183234
I think I may have let the plot get in my way. Now that I know what happens I hope a rewatch will let me penetrate it more. I didn't have much trouble with the TV ending.
>>
File: existential feel.png (585KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
existential feel.png
585KB, 633x758px
I miss the marathon stream /a/ had years back of NGE and EoE.
>>
Why are there so many autists in here arguing over which trash waifu is the least trash?
>>
>>155185630
A man defends his waifu's honor.
>>
>>155151536
Don't get why episode 21 gets so little love.
>>
>>155149497
The style of the original last 2 episodes might have been dictated by budgetary constraints but that doesn't mean they weren't important. It's not that they didn't mean anything, it's that they were an alternate view on what the process of Instrumentality was like. Any true Eva fan knows this.
>>
>>155175610
Really the only unexplained plot point is how two of the seeds of life ended up on the same planet.

I think bringing any of the lore stuff to the foreground for the purpose of explaining the plot would be contrary to the storytelling style Eva had built up until then.
>>
File: NgeFans.jpg (55KB, 800x298px) Image search: [Google]
NgeFans.jpg
55KB, 800x298px
>>155151536
>>
>>155179890
Filenames kun! It's you!! Where have you been?
>>
Shinji Ikari is bisexual and in lovee with Kaworu.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.