[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSG: Iron-Blooded Orphans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

File: 1485444736329.jpg (1MB, 1943x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1485444736329.jpg
1MB, 1943x1093px
With the final track titles of the 2nd soundtrack released, it's confirmed we're getting some sort of awful ending. If this really is heading toward "bad end" for Tekkadan, what do you think the message of this shitty show actually is?

Only go about change in a certain way and don't be like McGillis and Tekkadan? Don't try to take a shortcut to success with extreme actions?

McGillis was fine with using Tekkadan's "casualties" and bodies to get what he wanted, even if he stayed loyal. Tekkadan used him for their aspirations and were ready to throw him under the bus.

I shouldn't feel bad for either side, but I do, even if they both brought everything on themselves.

What the hell is the message?
>>
They could have avoided all this if Mika just covered Shino properly instead of jobbing to Monkey. Mika legit just watched her make that throw.
>>
Why do you think it has a message?
>>
>>155148647
Because stories have messages and themes. People create them and people have ideas and notions in their heads, even if they do not intend to get messages across. This is how mass media works.

>>155148587
But he didn't, and everything shouldn't have hitched only on that one plan.
>>
>>155148724
The story felt kinda convulse and I felt that it changed direction multple times so good luck trying to find this (unintentional?) message.
To me this was mostly just the story of a group outcasts kids trying to find their place to live.
>>
>>155148398
>what do you think the message of this shitty show actually is?
To be as anti-G-Reco as much as possible.
>>
>>155148398
Poot people suck and rich corrupt oldmen are the best and you should bend over for them at all times.
>>
Same message as every Gundam show, war is evil
>>
File: 1473697571488.jpg (46KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1473697571488.jpg
46KB, 500x333px
>>155148398
The message is the same as almost every other Gundam prior to it.

Child soldiers are awful, and children should never be subjected to the horrors of war.

Fuck's sake this bait is getting stale. I don't know why I keep biting it.
>>
>>155148398
>What the hell is the message?

You cant win against the NWO. No matter what you do.
>>
>>155148398
Probably something like "life ain't a shonen manga". Tekkadan just kept doing whatever the fuck they wanted, piling up mountains of corpses and making new enemies at every turn believing that someday they could just leave everything behind and enjoy life. Whenever they succeeded, it was usually a short term victory, often accompanied by long term losses
>ally with Macky - become enemies with Rustal
>get the rare metal mine - get a Mobile Armor
>defeat the MA - Mika becomes crippled
>become big shots in Teiwaz - Lose Aniki and Lafter
>kill Jasley - abandon Teiwaz

>>155148587
Not just that, in the latest episode McGillis almost took out Rustal by himself, so why didn't they let Mika go ham on the Arianrhod fleet after Shino fucked up? Julia was gone and Gaelio, the only one who could have stopped Mika, was busy with Bael, there was no one to stop Barbatos from going rip and tear.
>>
The status quo will always win.
>>
>>155148398
The worst gundam entry of all time
>>
War ruins children like Mika and Macky.
Stop war.
>>
Mika and Macky are two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>155150285
War didn't ruin them poverty due to a flawed and corrupt system did.
>>
>>155148398
>we're getting some sort of awful ending
Kudelia gives human rights to space vermin and crowns herself empress of the universe?
>>
>>155148398
Don't watch bad shows made by incompetents for idiots.
>>
File: yui.jpg (52KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
yui.jpg
52KB, 550x400px
>>155148724
>Because stories have messages and themes
>>
File: 88a.png (4MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
88a.png
4MB, 1280x720px
Sequel to IBO called Gundam: an Iron blooded Orphan's destiny where Lieutenant Octo Anaalé tells Olga Augus a story about a man named Mcgillis Fareed when?
>>
>>155150932
I still hope that S2 ends with him waking up in a heal pod.
>>
File: 1489398789832.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489398789832.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>155151006
We all hope that Mackie is still alive, I will never stop believing that that absolute madman will rise again.
>>
File: 1351950634081.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1351950634081.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>155151006
>>
>>155150172
Gundam will always be about selling toys.
>>
It's a real shame that Merrybit's character took a real 180. I liked her when she was the voice of "this is actually fucked up".
>>
>>155151247
>Rustal orders his troops to not intervene
>McGillis believes they are in awe of him
He was just too pure. McGillis's Counterattack, when?
>>
>>155151509
She tried and just gave up since no one would listen to her and they basically just told her to shut the fuck up.
>>
File: what the fuck.png (217KB, 441x637px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
217KB, 441x637px
>>155151594
announcement after this weeks episode.
Also google really needs to stop fucking around.
>>
File: 1457127929931.jpg (70KB, 850x477px) Image search: [Google]
1457127929931.jpg
70KB, 850x477px
>>155151659
She literally got out-logic'd by a pack of kids. She's a terrible adult.
>>
It's fine. IBO was so awful in performance that they're actually doing UC side stories as main shows now.

Twilight Axis will give way to Johnny Ridden MSV getting animated which will lead to Federation Hooligans and a Hathaway's Flash special tv film.
>>
>>155150503
kudelia will end up having to please nobliss for money and atra will die in childbirth. Their kid will be a literal iron blooded orphan
>>
>>155148398
why does it need to have a message?
>>
File: otakuranger ninja ninja.png (32KB, 628x715px) Image search: [Google]
otakuranger ninja ninja.png
32KB, 628x715px
Hopefully 2chan and the rest of Japan will rescue the legacy of gundam from this disaster.
>>
>>155148398

Children should stay in school.
>>
>>155151509
I hated how they completely gave up on that dark, vicious side of Tekkadan in the last 5 minutes of S1 just because "they're the main characters! And underage too!"
>>
>>155152232
Because OP rejects the concept of entertainment for the sake of entertainment.
>>
>>155152333
It's a parody of OhRanger, not Kakuranger.
>>
>>155148398
>With the final track titles of the 2nd soundtrack released, it's confirmed we're getting some sort of awful ending

What is the name of the track and what does it have to do with anything?
>>
>>155148398
Message? Only thing I can think of is the consequences of single minded obsession of following a certain path. Orga and McGillis fucked everyone over respectively when both could have quit and ran with what they had, but noooo had to keep going.
>>
>>155153352
>muh Mars Ou
That was some bullshit right there. The way they structured the episodes was the issue, I felt like the scriptwriters were just throwing everything against the wall and hoping something stuck. It's probably because it's a gundam that they felt they had to do that, make a bunch of side characters and give them zero development.
There was that one scene in s2 where the sassy black secretary sighed at Mika when he talked about how he didn't know what he was going to do if he couldn't fight.
The way Orga died reinforced it. They wanted you to think 'these are dumb kids who can't do anything but fight and it's really sad because all they want is a peaceful life but no they must kill all the people because they are blood orphans'.
If it honestly goes deeper than that, I would be surprised.
Mika was fun because he was autism incarnate. I couldn't get into the whole romantic subplot with him. It's just him giving that vacant stare and killing people, that felt like the entire show to me.
There were a few parts where he showed emotion and I thought those were out of character because of how he acts 90% of the time.
>>
still better than Greco
>>
Gundam IBO is the post-Snowden era Gundam.

No matter how much justice is on your side, you will always lose against the jews and their dirty dirty tricks and corruption.
>>
>>155152333
I like this song, got more?
>>
>>155154108
G-Reco was a lot better than this, ANN
>>
>>155153927
Mika showed some traces of emotions even in S1. He's not all murderbot as he does have compassion for his family, but he just suppresses a lot of shit because he's conditioned too.
>>
The message is stop hiring Mari Okada as your writer.
>>
File: infinity.png (33KB, 658x696px) Image search: [Google]
infinity.png
33KB, 658x696px
>>155154273
>>
File: rx.png (27KB, 476x774px) Image search: [Google]
rx.png
27KB, 476x774px
>>155154809
>>
File: 1971.png (16KB, 461x447px) Image search: [Google]
1971.png
16KB, 461x447px
>>155154852
>>
File: 50th anniversary.png (25KB, 517x616px) Image search: [Google]
50th anniversary.png
25KB, 517x616px
>>155154882
last one for today
>>
>>155148398
Orphans are doomed to die.
>>
So is the blonde Relena Peacecraft of this show pregnant or not with the protagonist's kid?
>>
>>155153927
>I felt like the scriptwriters were just throwing everything against the wall and hoping something stuck
How is that any different from the rest of the show?
>>
>>155154315
G-Reco had many messages.
>>
>>155155577
Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>155148398
More like happy end. McGillis was an overambitious idiot and Tekkaden were a bunch of hypocritical little shits. I've hated Mika since he was introduced and hope the series ends with his death.
>>
>>155150172
>t. only watched wing and g
>>
>>155148398
that okada mari is shit
>>
>>155148398
>what's duh message?! Hur-der
War for children fucking sucks. Childish dreams won't make the horrors of war better and doesn't mean you'll win in the end. War is bad.

Fucking seriously, do any of you faggot even watch the old gundam stuff? Gundam: 0080 tackled the issues this series kind of gets into with the character Bernie. Everything else is just a retread of old gundam tropes with new characters.

>McGillis has been done before
>friends working together in war has been done before
>main characters giving their all just to die has been done before
>autistic main characters has been done before

Literally almost everything this is doing has happened before to show you that WAR IS FUCKING BAD. So before you ask the retarded question of "what's da meaning?" The meaning is War is Bad.

If you want to talk about what you hated about the show. Whatever. That's fine.
>>
>>155148398
There is no way it's going to have a bad end. We're going to get something bittersweet with some forced sacrifice.

Message is feel sorry for these troubled kids, they can't help it. It's their fate.
>>
File: 1456868220984.jpg (51KB, 450x539px) Image search: [Google]
1456868220984.jpg
51KB, 450x539px
>>155154212
>Tekkadan
>Justice
They were a fucking gang of murderers
>>
>>155154212
>terrorists that were literally funded by jewdelia after she got a loan from george soros
come on now
>>
>>155158309
>>155158769
As CGS they were mercenaries and not murderers and terrorists?

They are only called murderers or terrorists, because they freed themselves from their oppressors.
>>
>>155159653
CGS were oppressive to the kids but they weren't terrorists. Tho only time i felt something for the tekkadan was when a kid was snipped while patroling on the first episode
>>
>>155159755
CGS were mercs and by very definition murderers at the very least. They werent called as such because they were an officially sanctioned security company, but their actions werent any better than Tekkadan.

Dont forget who started that war. It was Rustal/Lok who planted illegal weapons on the Turbines, a legal transportation company, to get shit on them.
>>
In a corrupt and broken system, those that are unable to escape the circumstances of their birth are doomed.
>>
I legitimately felt sad for Macky.

Fuck the haters.

He was so beautiful.
>>
>>155148587
Nah man. Everything could of been avoided if Choco killed Galio properly. Everything bad stems from that point since it gave arinhood the means to prepare. No Gali, No Vidar to get in Mcgillisis way in all those battles, and Arinhood would have no choice but to submit to Bael or be traitors to Gallahorn. But since they knew of Mcgillis's actions through Galio, they had all the info they needed to expose mcgillis as just a common traitor.
>>
>>155159855
>It was Rustal/Lok who planted illegal weapons on the Turbines
It was only Iok, that's why Rustal grounded him, also
>legal transportation company
>linked to Teiwaz, a.k.a. space mafia
>>
>>155148398
Probably none. I'm guessing this is just an edgy, "realistic" take on Gundam.
>>
>>155160222
In the outer-rims, every organization is mafia. Hell, even Gjallarhorn behaves like some somalian warlords on Mars, which is why Macky and Gaelio were sent there to investigate. Teiwaz is a legal company on Earth and there is no justification for Lok to attack them on false charges.
>>
>>155160516
>Teiwaz is a legal company on Earth
Except the Turbines HQ wasn't located on Earth
>>
>>155160076
Me too.

Honestly, last episode i was hoping Armilia would scream at her father for supporting the system that created Mcgillis.

That for all of Mcgillis sins, he is the result of a system that Gallahorn refuses to change and instead, fight, lie, manipulate and cheat to preserve which will only give rise to more people like Mcgillis while those who abuse the system, like his child whoring of a father and Law breaking Rustal, to get away with everything instead of serving the people like they're supposed to.

Tekkadan is proof of this as most of them share the same background of Mcgillis and proves to him that nothing is changing. His death words to Galio would of been more emotional if he said something along the lines of
"I had to reject the happiness our friendship brought me because it made me happy, leading me to be content of the corrupted system that created me and those who made Tekkadan. It made my will waver in taking the Sins necessary to change this world."
At the very least, he could of said something like that to prove he was willing to be a bad person for a greater good more clearer.

Im still not convinced there isnt something more from him to expect, even in death. We barly saw enough of the montag company or Mask man persona.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.