[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to watch Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: How to Watch Evangelion.jpg (1MB, 856x3296px) Image search: [Google]
How to Watch Evangelion.jpg
1MB, 856x3296px
Hey, I've made a modified version of this old watch guide for Evangelion: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/recommendations/images/3/39/How_to_Watch_Evangelion.png/revision/20110205034702
Basically, I added some more information, removed some things here and there like the word "nigger" from the beginning so you can send this to your normie friends without shocking them or something, corrected some grammar errors, removed instances where there was text written in first person so it seems less personal and opinionated (I know this is still opinionated one way or another, but less so in this version), and did an all-around overhaul visually. What do you think?
>>
This really doesn't need to exist and also it's incorrect.
>>
>>155129027
> believing these are made for educational purposes
> using wikia

>>>/fagpaper/
>>
>>155129095
How is this incorrect?
>>
>>155129249
There's really no reason to split up watching any episodes of the show or to watch anything between any of them.
>>
>>155129284
Well, a lot of people disagree on that. I watched the show for the first time like this (EoE before 25 and 26) and found it to be less confusing. This is made for people who are just getting into the show, after all.
>>
Also, someone who has an internet connection and needs a fucking guide to find out how to watch Evangelion is too retarded to understand anything. He can only join the ranks of rei-/asukafags.
>>
>>155129345
You should really use your blog for that kind of posts.
>>
>>155129421
That's the point, their "internet connection" would lead them to an image like this. When I was going to watch it for the first time I heard from some friends that it had a confusing release history, so the first thing I did was use my internet connection to go to Google and search up "how to watch evangelion", and the original pic came up. I can't really see what's so bad about this.
>>
>>155129027
>removed some things here and there like the word "nigger" from the beginning so you can send this to your normie friends
Oh yeah, that's what we needed. Hypersensitive normalfags retarded enough to need a guide.
Thanks for the work you imbecile.
>>
>>155129594
Compared to some series, it's really not that confusing. On the other hand, it's not a big deal that you made it or that people might diagree.
>>
>>155129789
Please, present me an argument explaining how using a guide (especially as someone who is gonna watch it for the first time) for a show with a release history as confusing as Evangelion is a bad thing. The whole purpose of this (and the original guide also) is that it has all the information you're gonna need going into it, so you don't have to waste any time researching.
>>
File: 1442527212562.png (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1442527212562.png
140KB, 500x500px
>>155129027
>assuming 3.0+1.0 will be released in 201X
>>
>>155129887
I say that it's confusing mainly because of the number of movies (and different versions of said movies) there are. For example, how is a newbie supposed to know they should skip D&R?
>>
Every chart like that no matter the series should just read "look it up on wikipedia and watch from the beggining in production order, bitch".
>>
>>155129594
> so the first thing I did was use my internet connection to go to Google and search up "how to watch evangelion", and the original pic came up

God, you're from THAT generation. Who in their right mind would turn to an image as a solution?

Not to mention your age.

> I can't really see what's so bad about this.

Did you know you can microwave your phone after dropping it into water to dry it safely?

I start to believe researchers who say the likes of you are incapable of processing information on their own.
>>
>>155130071
>how is a newbie supposed to know they should skip D&R?
They're not supposed to know that because that's wrong.
>>
>>155130079
Yeah, that's where a lot of Eva fans would disagree. If you had read the text, you'd know there's a section in there talking exactly about what you just said.
>>
>>155130015
>with a release history as confusing as Evangelion
I still don't understand why you are trying to get retards to watch the series.
>>
>>155130161
It really isn't. There's not a single good reason in my eyes to watch it (at least interrupt the series and EoE if you're watching for the first time). If you don't know what its about prior to watching it, you're just gonna end up confused as fuck. It's just a waste of time, really.
>>
>>155130205
I explained that above.
>>
>>155129027
>ehm
Jesus christ please kill yourself
>>
>>155130180
I read the chart and there isn't any argument against production order besides that it apparently makes things less confusing, a show is allowed to be confusing, being confused won't kill you and if you're not a whiny kid that can't stand incertitude it won't interfere with your enjoyement, should people read the end of a mistery novel first because it will make the whole thing less confusing?
>>
>>155130502
Fuckin'ell dude, let me try explaining again. The problem doesn't lie with the release order itself. The problem is the fact that there are numerous movies and almost every one of them also has a different version, so it might seem a little bit confusing or intimidating to watch at first. This is supposed to simplify everything, give explanations, show what is and what isn't optional to watch, keep people from wasting their time researching all of this, etc.
>>
>>155130071
>skip D&R

You can only get more plebeian if you start and end with Rebuilds.

Also,
> what is Death (true)*(true)
>>
>>155129027
I just finished this and the end movie in 3 days

I thought this was going to be a fun show but then after ep 20 it all just goes to shit
Ending was just awful too. And i know thats super well known and knew it before watching this but man i didnt know just how bad it was. Both endings are just terrible
Why is this regarded so highly?
>>
>>155130751
>The problem is the fact that there are numerous movies and almost every one of them also has a different version, so it might seem a little bit confusing or intimidating to watch at first.
If you can't do your fucking research (that average ten year old can manage), you shouldn't waste your time watching Evangelion in the first place.

>This is supposed to simplify everything
Heh.
>give explanations
Heh.
>show what is and what isn't optional to watch
Heh.
>keep people from wasting their time researching all of this
Again, you shouldn't waste your time watching Evangelion in the first place.

These “guides” were MAYMAY E-MAY-JES made to gently rustle the jimmies of people who watched Eva by people who watched Eva (because what the fuck do you do here if you haven't). You don't even get the META-mentions of usual bones of contention because you never participated in serious discussions, and never did the research.
>>
>>155131234
Because Asuka and Rei are cute, mostly.
>>
>>155129027
Is this meant to be a joke?
>>
>>155131427
Yeah that's pretty much it isnt it?
The highschool drama manga version of evangelion is probably way better
>>
Rebuilds are garbage and should be completely optional
>>
>>155131427
Asuka > Rei
>>
>>155131234
EoE is great though.
>>
>tfw intelligent enough to like both G Gundam anf Evangelion
>>
>>155131884
Yeah, gotta be real smart to like them big robot anime.
>>
File: 1459952983719.jpg (102KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1459952983719.jpg
102KB, 1600x900px
>>155129027
True watching order:
Watch episode 1 through 3
Watch Rahxephon in its entirety so you can judge if it's plagiarism later
Watch episode 14 for a recap so you don't waste your time with all the filler episodes
Watch 15 through 20.
Go back and watch 4 through 13 since you probably missed some details
Watch 21 through 24 alternating between the original and director's cut.
Watch Death and Rebirth and then watch Death director's cut
Watch the Rahxephon movie, decide if it's even all that similar to eva.
Watch the first 2 rebuilds
Watch the first episode of Brain Powerd, laugh at crotch pilots.
Watch third rebuild.
Skip EoE, it's not that good.
>>
>>155129027
Should we recommend that people read Retake after finishing everything in the pic?
>>
File: 1.png (22KB, 201x274px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
22KB, 201x274px
>>155132288
But that's the order to watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!
>>
Heres how you truly watch Evangelion.
You don't cause its trash.
>>
>>155132479
Re-Take was in the original pic but I removed it because it's not official
>>
>>155132865
>I removed it because it's not official

Who cares? It's pretty good. Just add that's not official and that it's hentai.
>>
>>155133022
Check the original pic, it does state that.
I just removed it to simplify everything.
>>
>>155129027
>watching 25/26 after EoE
Fuck, you're stupid.
The only good this chart can ever do is be deleted and forgotten.
TV series --> EoE --> done.
>>
>>155133022
No, re-take is not good. You used to get banned for saying it was good and that needs to come back. Fucking tumblr shits like you should never have been allowed to stay here.
>>
>>155133505
Re-Take is good.
>>
>>155129027
This is so fucking stupid. I hate people who try to "prep" first time viewers for any kind of fictional story.
>>
>>155133637
0/8 actually make an effort next time.
>>
File: 2.png (139KB, 648x307px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
139KB, 648x307px
>>155132665
>>
You forgot to add to your chart that Shinji is heterosexual, OP. People seem to get confused about that for some reason, so I think you just clear it up from the get-go.
>>
File: woru.png (96KB, 336x280px) Image search: [Google]
woru.png
96KB, 336x280px
>>155129027
REAL order 2 watch neon genesis evangaylion for maximus satisfaction and results:
1.you can (not) redo
2.end of evangelion
3.hole circumstances of my secret
4.episode 24
5.episode 22
6.you can (not) advance
7.episode 26
8.death and rebirth
9.you are (not) alone
10.episode 25
11.episodes 07-20 (in reverse order)
12.episode 23
13.episode 21
14.episode 01-06 (watch even numbered episode first, then odd numbered episodes)
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.