[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gintama good? I mean I've watched like the first 40 episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Gintoki_silkyhair.jpg (78KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
Gintoki_silkyhair.jpg
78KB, 480x359px
Is Gintama good? I mean I've watched like the first 40 episodes and I just don't see what's good about this show? The only thing is that it's funny. Does it get better or does it stays the same all the time? Friend who watches the show says that it's amazing.
>>
If you honestly think its funny you are already too far gone from common sense for good advice.
>>
File: what I watched & got.jpg (370KB, 1100x1902px) Image search: [Google]
what I watched & got.jpg
370KB, 1100x1902px
>>155114404
I actually just recently started watching the show, and caught up just in time for the new season when it started.All in all, it was helluva ride! No idea if I'd bothered to sit through the first season when it aired, but being able to marathon it all did make it easy to digest. The cast grows on you, some of the re-occuring jokes are actually quite hilarious (others can be hit or miss), and the few "serious" chapters can be pretty fucking amazing stuff.

Few tips:
1) You should SKIP the first 2 episodes. Those are literally filler, as you prolly already noticed. Ep3 is the first REAL episode of the show.

2) The first 20-25 episodes or so are literally dedicated for introductions and mild foreshadowing. While not exactly terrible, that section is easily the worst the show has to offer. It starts picking up the pace after that, with the first ""recap"" episode being a lovely change of pace and example of the show's better humor. You get a first decent "serious" mini-arc around ep 40, which can be seen as an appetizer of things to come.

However, the show REALLY starts to kick up the pace and style after the first year, with the second season packing tons of cool, memorable chapters and way better production values to boot. The legendary "Benizakura" arc is pretty much the show's counterpart to Bleach's "Soul Society" arc, as in the part where everyone agrees shit really hits the fan and gets interesting. It will pretty much set the overall style of the show for the entire series afterwards, with small ups and downs between the arcs.

The arcs of Gintama are notably shorter than in typical Shounen series, which I think helps keeping them well paced and easier to watch too. Some are humorous, some more serious & action-packed, some half-half.

tl;dr: Skip first 2eps, give the show minimum of 25eps, preferably full 50 before you pass judgement. 1st season is merely "OK" for most part, but still VERY required to get into the series' cast and lore.
>>
>>155114735
Thanks for the info, seems interesting, I will try to marathon it too then.
>>
>>155114939
Attaboy.
Like even the show admits, you don't need to be discouraged if you miss some of the jokes. You will however be glad you sat through the early episodes, as even some relatively minor appearing characters can make a come back and end up being important.

The 2nd year of the show (from ep50 forwards) aims to "level up" the series, and IMO it does great job at it.
>>
It's pretty damn good.
>>
I was pretty bored at the beginning, comedy stepped up a little too and I began to laugh a little. I really got into it during the yoshiwara in flames arc.
>>
I can't be the only one that loved the first episodes right? The introduction of Gintoki beating those cat amanto and Shinpachi following him to fulfill his dreams was fucking perfect, might be the best start of a series ever.
>>
>>155116827
I laughed my ass off at the Antonio Inoki reference in the 1st episode
>>
File: gintama_zombrow.jpg (170KB, 1331x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gintama_zombrow.jpg
170KB, 1331x1080px
>>155114735
>1) You should SKIP the first 2 episodes. Those are literally filler
>skip filler episodes in filler show
>>
>>155114404
Finish benizakura then decide.
>>
>>155114404
You've had better luck than me then. I've watched around 30 episodes and not once have found it funny or interesting. Also tried the new Gintamas when they were coming out but dropped after an episode or two because they were just plainly boring to me. I like weeb humor, so it's not like I don't understand the jokes, they're just not funny to me and executed poorly. I don't know. I can't help but think of the Big Bang Show or Two and a Half Brothers when I look at Gintama. Bottom tier comedy, with unlikable cast and forced, unfunny jokes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.