[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand this series Was it the future or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (48KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 351x500px
I don't understand this series
Was it the future or just an alternate universe or what?
I liked the protag though
>>
It's an alternate universe probably. It doesn't really matter where it happens, it's not like shitholes where children are raped or used as soldiers don't exist in real life. The fantasy device is used to throw forcefully a kid leaving comfortably in the first world in that reality.

And yeah the protagonist is great. A lot of people hate him though, which is sad.
>>
File: 1336924338656.png (26KB, 162x167px) Image search: [Google]
1336924338656.png
26KB, 162x167px
>I liked the protag though
>>
File: 1490589307193.png (33KB, 162x167px) Image search: [Google]
1490589307193.png
33KB, 162x167px
>the protagonist is great
>>
>>155094495
>>155094601
The protag stood for what he believed in and wasn't overly complex or anything. He was a good foil for the tone of the place
>>
>>155094047
It's a pretty clear "you don't know how good you've got it" message, it doesn't have to make sense.
The show being borderline propaganda is most of the reason I don't like it THAT much. it's still pretty decent though.
>>
>>155094905
Yeah, he's the reason the show is bearable and doesn't collapse under its bleakness.
>>155095001
Propaganda against what? Child abuse, crazy megalomaniacs with questionable hairdos, evil abortionists trying to kill rape babies?
>>
>>155095196
yea abortion for one.
And I mostly meant the intent is of the piece is blunt as hell, literally hitting you over the head. You could make a show with a similar impact but without it being so... obvious.
>>
>>155094047

Would this show be considered the progenitor of isekai?

I mean the shift from "oh year another world" into "I don't understand this place, I don't want to. I need to survive" ?
>>
File: 1271425661640.jpg (8KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1271425661640.jpg
8KB, 267x200px
What the fuck are you staring at?
>>
>>155095464
I can name Digimon off the top of my head. But no I'm pretty sure it's a fairly ancient trope.
>>
>>155094047
Considering there's magic and shit, I don't think there's much reason to think of it as the future.
I think the point was very clearly to parallel how many people live in absolutely hellishly barbaric situations in our own world and how insanely inadequate many of our views would seem in those circumstances.

>>155095464
You smoking? Anime has been doing "thrown into another world" way earlier than NTHT. Escaflowne predates it by like five years, off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are even earlier examples if you dig for them.
>>
>>155095299
The "abortion" part is questionable because only a naive kid like Shuu could find carrying a rape baby a silver lining in that situation. The pro-lifea angle is hamfisted but it's not like letting Sara hitting herself with a giant rock is a moremoral choice.
>And I mostly meant the intent is of the piece is blunt as hell, literally hitting you over the head. You could make a show with a similar impact but without it being so... obvious.
Not really, being blunt is a huge quality in my opinion. Nobody cares about another "war is bad" anime, but showing kids getting killed or raped will get to you. That's how people work.
>>
>The girl does not go home with her rape baby
>her parents probably killed themselves and some lonely autistic neet was charged with her abduction
>>
>>155095676
Yeah everyone know that Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz are the earliest isekai
>>
>>155096646
That's kind of a bizarrely correct post
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxuMj-kV9cE
Great soundtrack by the way.
>>
>>155095928
Not OP, but there are plenty of stories where kids get killed and people get raped. Decorating your story in shock value won't sell me on the worth of your story, because literally anyone could do that; anti-war stories aren't exactly uncommon and murdering/raping/pillaging is a staple of the genre, demonstrating just how atrocious humanity can be. Don't act as if Now and Then is reinventing the wheel, please. Read/watch more war dramas.

I do like the way the story twisted fantasy archetypes to lull you into a false sense of security, it's a solid subversion of expectations, but again nothing to write home about. But already being averse to the war drama genre as a whole, I simply cannot say that I care for Now and Then or it's not-so-subtle messages. There's just nothing of value for me here.

I'm not going to say that it's necessarily bad or even poorly written, but it's certainly not for me.
>>
>>155095299
It's not propaganda if the author personally believes it. If he thought abortion in that case was wrong then it's just him creating a personal work, it's not like the Japanese governement payed him to do it.

On the topic of "you don't know how good you've got it". I feel like in that case they would show the protagonists original world in a different light. He would either have nasty parents, be beaten in school, or just complain about everything, then when confronted with the other world he would realize how great his home is. But he was actually just as much of a happy, loud-mouthed kid home as he was in the end.
>>
>>155097739
I was thinking the same thing. He's not affected by the world or how bad people have it. I think the theme is that being happy is a choice you've always got.
>>
>>155095299
In a story about the sanctity of human life, I don't expect Shuu to turn directly to the screen and say, "Actually, what's currently inside of Sara's womb is in fact a mere clump of cells, and has no resemblance to an actual human being"
>>
File: sunset.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sunset.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>155094047
>I don't understand this series
Basically about how us, Mankind in general take things for granted and abuse Earth resources for our own greed and add Rwandan Genocide into the mix we got NTHT
>Was it the future or just an alternate universe or what?
It's the future. At the end of the series Hamdo tell Abelia to send him at any year as possible
>I liked the protag though
Finally, almost everyone hated on Shu for being too naive and unrealistic, what you've expect from a normal 10 year old boy who only practice kendo so he could woo his crush. But hell Shu is one my favorite anime MC ever, he didn't go angst or edgy for all 12 episode sans the last one he is still a normal kid from our timeline, switch Shu to any other isekai MC, they would either become angst or succumb to the evil of humanity but Shu prevails in all that, his unwillingness to kill and starting a prison riot and beat of Hamdo to save the girl with nothing but a fucking stick he carried all this time is GOAT itself
>>
>>155095464
Well it could be a deconstruction of its genre, most Isekai have the MC thrown into normal fantasy land with bunch of friends and senpai to cover for him but NTHT throw its MC to future Australia with only a stick
>>
>>155098194
Hamdo's beating was pure kino. I didn't need the protagonist to pontificate platitudes to his face about being a good little boy, nor did I need to watch Hamdo get thrown into a meat grinder and beg for his life. I just wanted to see the fucker beaten with a stick, and that's what I got.
>>
>>155098194
I think what separates Shu from other headstrong protagonists he's easily compared to is that under no circumstances does he magically become intelligent. He's never able to properly argue his point like basically every other idiot hero could when the time came. What's great is that he doesn't need to be articulate to get his point across, everyone else shows how wrong they for him.
>>
>>155098315
Was he the blue haired asshole, or the other soldier kid who was kind of a dick
>>
>>155095299
>you could make a show with similar impact but without it being so... obvious.

Everyone says this, but we can't consistently get morals as simple as "Treat others as you want to be treated" right.

You have to be blunt, direct, and explicit, with tons of irrefutable, direct, and authoritative claims, otherwise everyone will misunderstand you by the time any message makes it past a single layer of abstraction away from the originator.
>>
>>155098194
>yfw that stick symbolizes shu's childlike innocent and for all the abuse the stick has endured it still stay rigid and strong up until the very end when it shatters when Shu use it to finally destroyed Hamdo regime
>>
>>155098408
Hamdo is the guy with a bowl cut hairdo. Truly the most evilest of all hairdo
>>
File: laughing asuka.jpg (47KB, 256x358px) Image search: [Google]
laughing asuka.jpg
47KB, 256x358px
>>155098563
>Truly the most evilest of all hairdo
>>
>>155098563
Ah yes, the water Jew
>>
>>155098315
Never knew a 10 year old child beating up a probably autistic megalomaniac manchild is amusing as fuck.
>>
File: S2DnwnS.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S2DnwnS.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>155098563
Does he look like an evil guy?
>>
I kinda like the series. The protagonist was definitely a breath of fresh air, totally optimistic despite things going to shit around him. He always tried and in the end that gave him the win. I also loved the music for the series. The slow string orchestra piece I forget the name of really moved me, and I listened to it on its own a lot afterward.

I didn't really like the villain though. He showed no backbone and was completely cowardly, yet his second in command followed him blindly because...? I know it's a reference to how in the real world leaders are often followed just because they'll get fucked if they don't but in this case there really wasn't much protecting him except her and his body guards. His only real hold on power was promising the people water and shit. I dunno, I feel like if he had a bit more strength of character I would have believed he could rule without someone beating his head in.
>>
>>155098902
UUUU
>>
>>155094601
>>155094495
The protag is pretty good tho, kinda like the MC
>>
>>155098563
Truly memorable villain
>>
>>155099328
What? Is this a meme I missed?
>>
>>155099373
Nah, I really genuinely like the MC. He's not gung ho, edgy, angst nor generic MC that keep shouting "nakama" all the time not he tried to be. He is in all honesty a small kid who live in a perfect normal everyday lives and return back from that hellish world the same boy we saw in the first episode
>>
>>155094047
I only watched this anime a month ago and I barely remember anything that happened. Super forgettable.
>>
>>155095676
>ou smoking? Anime has been doing "thrown into another world" way earlier than NTHT. Escaflowne predates it by like five years, off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are even earlier examples if you dig for them.

I know that. I meant what anon explained >>155098266
>>
>>155095299
>>155095196
You know that you don't have to agree with the viewpoint being suggested to watch an anime (or any sort of media really), right? If authors had to take that into consideration we'd have nothing but bland overly-PC protags who don't believe in anything significant in everything.
>>
>>155099587
Then you barely paid attention, I mean even if you really hated the show there's no way this was 'super fogettable'
>>
>>155094047
Have to ask...what would've happen if other isekai MC changes place with Shu
>>
>>155099587
I watched this show about ten years ago and I still remember it.
>>
>>155094047
Another show that relies only on cheap shock factor, insted of being actually good.
>>
This show is like the "Come and See" of Anime. I really liked it.
>>
>>155094047
It's the future, they clearly explain it. Did you even watch it?
>>
>>155099340

Did Hamdo implied rape Lalaru or did he just bully her some more before leaving the room like in my headcanon?
>>
This was a rip off of future boy conan
>>
>>155103414
Maybe.
I personally think he just bullied her and leave the room
>>
>>155094495
he was great
>>
File: nabuca.jpg (467KB, 799x511px) Image search: [Google]
nabuca.jpg
467KB, 799x511px
imagine being any character in that show other than the MC

>everyone you know is killed, sold into child slavery, trained to become soldier like the ones who destroyed your village
>"daijoubu ganbatte!"
>abducted, turned into rape bait, wind up getting pregnant with some ugly rapist's kid, forced to keep it
>"daijoubu ganbatte!"
>accidentally kill a kid because she shot your only true friend, causing you to react on instinct, realize you are the demons
>"daijoubu ganbatte!"
>kill the only guy you knew from your childhood because he was warped from a decent person into an absolute psycho
>"daijoubu ganbatte!"
>everyone you know is fucking dead, your family killed, your village destroyed (this can apply to everyone)
>"daijoubu ganbatte!"
>know that the entire world is ultimately doomed no matter what happens
>"DAIJOUBU!"
>"GANBATTE!"

and at the end, MC got to go home to a hot meal and a loving family
>>
>>155107194
What you've expect him to do? Became Batman?Became a generic MC in an Isekai genre anime?
Shu is 10 years old kid who lived in a normal everyday lives with a loving parents and sister to boot. He is like fucking Nobita from Doraemon but unlike Nobita Shu is one of the bravest kid in his gang when he manage to climb the pillar Lala Ru was on and engraved his name there.
>>
>>155107458
any kid would have been shell shocked by the end

but the main point is that having him be a cliche optimistic anime protagonist falls flat when the audience can see how utterly shit the world is for everyone but him
>>
>>155107595
>any kid would have been shell shocked by the end
That's the main point of Shu character. He is the embodiment of the humanities pureness in its form. No matter how much the world treated him like shit he is still the same little boy way back in the very first episode. He is incorruptible.

Basically what Shu tried to say was Always have hope and keep on smiling for tomorrow is always better than today
>>
>>155107772
>No matter how much the world treated him like shit
he got beaten up a few times, all the other characters had it waaay worse, and at the end, he got to go home with a few cuts and bruises

>he is still the same little boy way back in the very first episode
zero character development

>humanities pureness
he's just a naive little boy who fails to develop any empathy for the other characters, e.g. "abortion bad! why you want kill babby!?"

>Always have hope and keep on smiling for tomorrow is always better than today
DAIJOUBU GANBATTE!
>>
>>155107194
>"daijoubu ganbatte!"
It's like you said that in all 13 episode all Shu done was spewing "daijoubu ganbatte!". In the very first episode when a giant snake mech attack both of em he manage to beat all them back with a stick.

When he was transported to Helliwood he quickly questioned the logic and the morality in his surrounding thus earned him a beating and tortured by Abelia to change he accept death than change his optimistic view and laugh at it.

When the soldiers attack some poor villages, Only Shu questioned the point of all this and tried to rescue as many as he can but failed utterly.

When he finally had enough he escape Helliwood and save Lala Ru in the process because She ask for his help

Finally when Helliwood manage to captured Lala Ru again and witness an entire village get ransacked, his friend got killed, He finally snapped and trigger the eventual downfall of Hamdo regime.

Shu only mission was to help Lala Ru, nothing more nothing less.
>>
>>155107915
>"abortion bad! why you want kill babby!?"
The doctor did said the abortion will kill Sara
>>
>>155095299
>without it being so... obvious.
...And get complaints that a show is pretentious.
>>
>>155094047
The villain reminds me of prince john and is one of my hatest villains. Mc tries his best but what the heck can he do with a stick and shouting Lalaru!
>>
>>155107984
no, he didn't

abortion was always on the table, but she tried to use the rock because she wanted to die

>>155107923
>shu was a thick-headed kid with plot armor

and?
>>
>>155107984
The doctor literally recommended an abortion for her safety. Did you watch the dub or something?
>>
>>155107772
>Always have hope and keep on smiling for tomorrow is always better than today

Unless you're one of those people who died.
>>
>>155094047
This show would've been actually good if it had more episodes to do more world-building.
>>
>>155094425
>And yeah the protagonist is great. A lot of people hate him though, which is sad.

You know what? Fuck this. And fuck this whole idiotic show.

There is nothing "great" about him. He's a fucking moron at the beginning; He's a fucking moron at the end. And here, apparently, is a thread full of people trying to sell this consistent stupidity as some sort of fabulously refreshing virtue.

There is nothing remotely virtuous, refreshing or even realistic about learning absolutely nothing from a gruesome, harrowing experience, and the only reason he doesn't catch a bullet to the brain immediately is the invisible, invincible plot armor he wears.

Soko ni iru Boku was not a deep anime. It did not have an insightful message to relate about human nature. It was a pointless exercise in gross cruelty to both the characters and the viewer, wrapped in a bait-and-switch cutesy art style meant as a cheap way to heighten the horrific nature of the content.

You know what would have been awesome? If the first time he whacked somebody as hard as he can with his stupid stick in the name of "non-violence" that person flat out died from a brain hemorrhage from being struck with a potentially lethal weapon. That would have been fucking great.

I'm usually a pretty easy going guy. I don't typically hate on media just because I don't like it, but this show... I HATE this show. I hate this show about as much as I hate the Lord of the Flies, and for the same damn reason: everyone acts like a total fucking idiot psychopath for no particular reason, and at the end of it I'm supposed to clap because of some deep insight into human nature that has purportedly been relieved. Bullshit.
>>
>>155101039
>SAO
Kirito would be wrecked worse than Shuu.

>Konosuba
Kazuma would escape and stay away from Hamdo for as long as he can, Aqua probably will replace Lala Ru too.

>Re:Zero
If Subaru can't go back in time then he is fucked, if he can then he will end up broken earlier than in Re:Zero.

>Escaflowne
Rape

>Rayearth
Triple Rape

>Those who hunt elves
They have a tank.

>GATE
Hamdo is dead in minutes.
>>
>>155111347
You are acting like a total fucking idiot psychopath for no particular reason
>>
>>155111572
If things are shit I usually don't get worked up about them. This show was insulting. Perhaps that is a backhanded complement in a way - like, it must have had some potential to be able to have squandered it in such an aggravating manner. In any case, the MC was easily the worst part of the entire shitty experience.
>>
>>155111755
Go back to your happy place were cute things are cute and violence is awesome.
>>
>>155111347
Well in Lord of the Flies they all do that because they're not supposed to be real people, but proxies for various political parties/schools of thought.

Piggy = science/universities-kun
Ralph = tumblr/38degrees/slactivism-kun
Samneric = doesn't-vote-kun
Jack = trump-kun

etc.
>>
>>
>>155111829
Yeah. That's the problem. Not the transparent attempt at cheap emotional manipulation in service of, well, cheap emotional manipulation. If you're going to have children shoot each other in the head on screen, I generally prefer you do it with an eye toward making a some sort of valuable overall point or emphasizing a theme that isn't pants-on-head retarded. But hey, maybe that's just me.
>>
File: 4L_g1oFhd7c.jpg (8KB, 130x180px) Image search: [Google]
4L_g1oFhd7c.jpg
8KB, 130x180px
>>155098266
Well it could be, but 12 kingdoms did it first:

- generic isekai protagonist
- familiar with all the tropes
- read loads of fantasy novels
- stumbles across a magical portal to a fantasy world
- where she isn't the chosen one, isn't the protagonist, can barely pick up a sword, and can't even speak the language
>>
>>155112266
>it ends the way it starts

BRAVO LUCAS

PURE POTTERY
>>
Remember when they guilt-tripped a teenage rape victim to keep the baby and it worked so well she decided to live in the future shithole instead of returning to her loved ones?

Oh yeah, and that time when they decided to go for a picnic instead of defending themselves against the incoming invaders. Good times.
>>
>>155112152
>they're not supposed to be real people
That's not how literature works. You can give that interpretation but they are characters first. And the reason why they did dumb thing it's that they were dumb kids from half a century ago.

>>155112284
It's totally you.
>>
>>155112152
I've mellowed a bit on LotF over the years. I originally read it in middle school and found myself enormously frustrated with the stupidity of the characters, like I took it personally for some reason. Perhaps part of it was me being too literal.
>>
I watched it when I was young and just loved how much of a crazy adventure it was. I need to rewatch
>>
File: 4L_3hwXmZ75.jpg (77KB, 750x663px) Image search: [Google]
4L_3hwXmZ75.jpg
77KB, 750x663px
>>155112388
No, that's exactly how literature works. You can't be a realistic character with human motivations when you're busy being a proxy for the welfare state.
>>
>>155112653
>allegories
>I can't read by myself I need someone else to tell me what I'm reading
>>
I still don't understand why they used a cutesy artstyle for a depressing show.
>>
>>155112746
What can I say? If it's not obvious to you, then I guess you do.

Most people don't.
>>
>>155112388
>And the reason why they did dumb thing it's that they were dumb kids from half a century ago.
An insightful analysis. Have you ever considered a career in teaching literature?
>>
>>
>>155112905
I didn't think the artstyle was particularly cutesy, but I see what you mean. I dunno, I liked it man
>>
>>155112905
It's a trick to heighten your emotional reaction to the horrific events of the series. The art style sets a tone and creates certain expectations which are then defied by the narrative. i.e., it's much more traumatic when the kids are tortured, raped, and killed because you weren't expecting it and it contrasts so dramatically with the visuals.
>>
>>155112905
To make a point about how shitty things can happen to anyone, even if everythink look cute and comfy at first glance.

>>155112959
I actually did moron.

>>155112947
No, even if the author had this things in mind while writting, the interpretation each reader gives to the book is not subjected to it.
>>
>>155111347
>There is nothing remotely virtuous, refreshing or even realistic about learning absolutely nothing from a gruesome, harrowing experience, and the only reason he doesn't catch a bullet to the brain immediately is the invisible, invincible plot armor he wears.

Yeah this about covers it.

Minus the main character, the show was pretty tight. Nabuca was an incredible character.
>>
>>155113381
Nabuca was good. One of the few facing an actual dilemmas and hardships without plot armor
>>
Lala Ru's existence made everyone suffer
>>
>>155113531
Everyone would die without her though.
>>
>>155113057
Such a qt.

The fuck was her problem though?
>>
File: 4L_XyCvOsyb.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
4L_XyCvOsyb.png
214KB, 400x399px
>>155094047
Why didn't he open a portal to the bottom of Lake Michigan?
>>
>>155113763
god dammit
>>
>>155113531
>>155113589
I'm sure she could've killed Hamdo the first time by flooding the room and she would have survived
>>
>>155113854
She didn't believe in humans at that point.
>>
>>155094047
Stupid terrible series that's just cynical and retarded.
>>
>>155113903
how about believing in her personal comfort by defending against the one that was essentially enslaving her

goddamn everything in this series can be solved by killing Hamdo
>>
>>155113950
Because someone else would take Hamdo's place, she was tired of human's bullishit.
>>
>>155114067
no I'm sure the rest of the whiny manchildren would be too busy posting on 4chan to do politics
>>
>>155114141
There is not 4chan, that's why Hamdo took over the world.
>>
>>155114184
That's actually a good point, if there was a 4chan on that world then Hamdo would be too busy posting on /adv/ to enslave anyone
>>
>>155111347
Except there's nothing moronic about him just how hard are you projecting?
>>
>>155111347
under 18 kids should not be posting on 4chan.
>>
>>155114284
He's an idiot. His ideas are stupid and he is literally incapable of learning or evolving in any way. The only reason he doesn't die is because the author insulates him from any realistic consequences of his behavior.

You want to explain to me the logical consistency behind "violence is wrong so I'm going to hit you with this stick"?
>>
>>155114700
>war is wrong so we won't do anything until we're captured and ONLY THEN we'll destroy your base by making you all drown, using our walking biological weapon
>>
>>155114700
>The only reason he doesn't die is because the author insulates him from any realistic consequences of his behavior.

What's infuriating is how everyone else dies and suffers around him. Sure, he gets beaten up a few times, but he goes home the same happy-go-lucky idiot he always was.

Maybe that was the point of the show, to show how idiotic those kinds of characters are.
>>
>>155114975
>he goes home the same happy-go-lucky idiot he always was.
He is going to live knowing the world will be fucked up and he can't do nothing about it.
Guy was pretty broken inside by the end but he didn't throw his moral.
>>
>>155115422
Just grab a history book from that world (they must exist since they can build huge bases) and maybe something that could serve as a proof
take it back to the past
try to change it

better yet, take the time machine with you, that's enough proof to convince anybody and change the future
>>
>>155115617
>take the time machine with you
How is he going to take the time machine if he needs the time machine to go to the past, you idiot.

>books
Did you see any books there? I didn't. Just because is common sense for us to have books doesn't mean it will be common sense for them.

>try to change it
He may try. That's the point of the ending: don't let the world become that shithole.
>>
>>155115617
>>155115422
I thought it was a different world, not the future.
>>
>>155115882
>How is he going to take the time machine if he needs the time machine to go to the past, you idiot.
at least bring the theory behind it
also didn't they bring it with them the first time to be able to come back?

>Did you see any books there? I didn't. Just because is common sense for us to have books doesn't mean it will be common sense for them.
You can't build giant fucking building and advanced engineering stuff without books.
>>
>>155115948
Maybe they didn't build it. Maybe they just maintained it, the last of its kind.
>>
>>155116067
Maintenance isn't easy either. Even small shit requires manuals and lots of knowledge. I'm not even talking about operating machines which they do all the time.
Books are one of the first steps for organized society. Can't do much without them.
>>
>>155115948
>>155116138
>You can't build giant fucking building and advanced engineering stuff without books.
No one built a shit. Everything was ancient technology and they just gave maintenance, that's why everything was old as fuck.

>Books are one of the first steps for organized society. Can't do much without them.
Not really, we got organized cultures without writing. Writing was created to make economic organization more efficient but Hamdo doesn't care about efficiency that much.
>>
>>155114700
Because he's a kid, a dumb pure kid. I think it was a nice touch that he didn't change and turn into and edgelord.
>>
>>155116434
Such complexe maintenance/operation isn't going to be possible without books.
Technology is complex. Can't learn how to do it "just like that".
>>
>>155116527
There were books or something similar a long time ago, surely, but it seems they are lose now and people just learn by oral teaching. You underestimate how much information our brains can retain.
>>
>>155116646
You underestimate the amount of shit you have to learn to get anything to work, save a giant walking base. Ever entered the pilots cabin in a plane or a boat? Shit is full of dials, informations, papers for indication and manuals.

In short, it's impossible. Even if it wasn't, it would be the single dumbest decision in the world to have dials (as we saw in some episodes) but not a single book explaining what they should be displaying and spend so much more time to try and learn by heart the ridiculously huge amount of shit you have to know to get that stuff working.

There's really no reason for them not to have book except "lel who knows it's future"
>>
>>155116848
Also without manuals explaining how to run the giant base they wouldn't be able to operate it in the first place.
>>
>>155116848
>it would be the single dumbest decision in the world
Yeah and Hamdo looks like a man that understand how important that is. doesn't he?
>>
>>155117019
Hamdo is surrounded by people far smarter than him. They know their job. If everyone was Hamdo levels of dumb, then this universe and these infrastructures wouldn't be possible at all, "ancient technology" or not.
>>
>>
>everyone following the orders of a mentally sick retard
>>
File: 7rvmp-1.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
7rvmp-1.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>>155117850
>>
>>155118061
He's a retard but not mentally damaged
>>
>>155118100
Have any proof?
>>
>>155116489
I feel like you are conflating naivete, purity and stupidity. Not all kids are dumb. Would a smarter child have been "impure" in your evaluation?

To clarify, I'm not faulting him for being ignorant. I'm faulting him for failing to learn from his experiences. Real children, thrust into adult situations tend to "grow up" quickly, at least in certain respects. The MC doesn't, and again, this is is only possible because of his unrealistic plot armor. A real kid would have either died, or would have had to do some serious learning and adapting in order to survive. He only gets to remain "pure" and "dumb" because the author bends over backwards to keep him insulated.

Good science fiction uses artifice to say something about the human condition. I really have no idea what this series trying to say. What am I supposed to take a way from the experience? War is bad? Rape is bad? Child soldiers are tragic? GANBATTE! Unreasoning optimism in the face of death and despair will... something, something?
>>
>>155118680
>what this series trying to say.
World will become a shithole if you don't do anything and no matter how much you survive or how optimistic you are if you don't try to change things right now everything you do in the future will be useless.
Or something like that I think.
>>
>>155118954
If that were the case, wouldn't they have had to explain the apocalypse that happened, in order for the viewers to prevent it?
I have no idea what was supposed to have happened. Did nukes vaporize the oceans? Did a race of Lalalu type people STEAL the oceans and hide them away? Did they use up the whole ocean in fusion reactors?
>>
>>155121894
>a race of Lalalu type people STEAL the oceans and hide them away?
She is literally Earth's spirit of water.

>Did nukes vaporize the oceans?
>Did they use up the whole ocean in fusion reactors?
Why do you want a so simple answer now? Nuclear power and weapons are not the only things that could damage our world. We do a lot of things that damage the planet and ourselves, if you can't tell what is good and wrong for us and our planet then we are screwed
>>
>>155122478
we wont be taking out the oceans anytime soon though
i don't think we could even if we wanted to
>>
>>155121894
The earth's magnetic field ended, which caused the solar wind to strip away all the hydrogen.
>>
>>155122572
>anytime soon
Wasn't that set ten billion years in the future?
>>
>>155122737
we'd be likely dead but i'll take it, big numbers are always a thing in anime
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.