[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: winter-anime-2017.jpg (72KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
winter-anime-2017.jpg
72KB, 750x500px
Alright, what are your thoughts on this season?
>>
>>155093348
It was alright. Nothing really outstanding.
>>
>>155093348
Hand Shakers is an Underrated Masterpiece and will become a Cult Classic.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-21-23h33m12s111.png (815KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-21-23h33m12s111.png
815KB, 1280x720px
>>155093348
Excellent season for fans of mature gentlemen.
>>
>>155093442
Don't you mean the show that aired after it?
>>
>>155093603
No Handshakers, the More Dramatic and Comedic Guilty Crown
>>
File: 61809616_p0.png (991KB, 1089x1910px) Image search: [Google]
61809616_p0.png
991KB, 1089x1910px
As usual, a few decent ones and a lot that either wasn't very good or didn't appeal to me.

Liked:
Kemono Friends
Gabriel DropOut
Durarara!! Meirochou

Disliked:
Seiren; literally just why
Demi-chan; too contrived, got boring after a while
>>
Kemono Friends is the greatest anime of all time.
>>
watched:
ACCA
Onihei
Akiba Strip

Dropped:
LWA
Demi-chan

Avoided:
every other meme show like Maid Dragon
>>
>>155093348

Pretty strong season overall. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju in particular has been amazing.
>>
>>155093348
Pretty fucking solid, lots of adorable shows and also it witnessed the birth of a new viral fandom in Kemono Friends.

I feel like I'm not even appreciating the magnitude of nice stuff that we got, so much so that some really good shows that could have been notable or even stars in more dry seasons, like Urara or Nyanko Days, were largely at the wayside of various offerings from more hype studios alongside the the Kemono Friends hypetrain.
>>
>>155093348
Had the fewest shows (5) I watched to completion since I started watching seasonal anime almost 5 years ago.

What I did watch I liked though. Could be much worse.
>>
>>155094183

Just out of curiosity though how much of that is due to getting burnt out? I used to be able to pick up 10 shows a season at least and watch them all to completion. Now I find it hard to pick up more than a couple.
>>
>>155093348
This was a good season, shame it has to end. I usually only complete 4-6 shows per season, managed 12.
>>
>>155093990
I dropped Maid Dragon. I couldn't get myself into SoL anymore and MD's jokes got tiring

LWA I'm still following though as an obligation to my attachment to the individual characters instead of the overall story

I got bought into the Kemono Friends meme but surprisingly enjoyed it due to being much like the adventure stories I've read as a kid
>>
>>155094305
It was absolutely a factor, but it was still a huge drop-off. There's around 20 shows I'm looking at next season, and even if I eliminate the ones I suspect I'll drop after episode 1 or never even watch in the first place, I'm still probably going to do around 15. We'll see, I suppose.
>>
>>155093348
Masamune's revenge and fuuka were a mistake

Demi-chan were unexpectedly good, specially compared to Fuuka and Masamune

Chain chronicle and Tales of Zestiria were kinda good, but lacked punch

Tried to watch Kemono and Hand Shakers, could not even bear the 3 episode rule

ACCA, Youjo and Onihei are the shit
>>
>>155093348
Well of all the shows to air this season the one I was looking forward to the most was Seiren.

That turned out to be a horrible disappointment. Luckily Konosuba and Rakugo 2 were both good, and Kemono Friends was a huge surprise.

Everything else I watched is fine enough.
>>
Samurai Jack and Kemono Friends were the only good shows.
>>
>>155093348

This is the first time in a long time that I've had several series that enjoy without any reservations. I don't really rate stuff as much as categorize it by what kind experience I wanna have.

Little Witch: Straight up fun little concise adventures that can't not make you happy, they love to focus on the virtue of perseverance.

ACCA 13: A slow-burn of political intrigue that has a great build up and a bunch of beautiful shots of sandwich bread.

Youjo Senki: Perfect mix of the grand large-scale war strategy and devastating frontline combat. The addition of magic to WW1 European war is done in a way that feels right.
>>
>>155096433
One of these things is not like the other.
>>
>>155097517
yeah kemono friends was shit
>>
>>155097569

it looks like hot garbage
>>
Acca, Shouwa Rakugo, Demi chan, and Youjo Senki were really good, with the last two being big surprises. I've also heard good things about Kemono Friends and I'll probably check that out too. This season was alright I guess.
>>
Masamune-kun's revenge.

Goddamn. What a crash and burn.
>>
File: 1385114895487.jpg (43KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1385114895487.jpg
43KB, 247x247px
>>155097569
>>
>>155097744
it was mediocre from the premise
>>
>>155094305
Honestly though, I have been laying off from anime after I watched Mushishi. I just cant have fun with the medium anymore. Even Tatami Galaxy got me bored (episode 10 was awesome tho)
>>
>>155093348
>Wake me when it's Spring
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.