[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is her only defining character trait,"rape-bait"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

why is her only defining character trait,"rape-bait"?
>>
She's brown
>>
>>155071224
because berserk is a bad manga with detailed( i dont think its good) art
>>
She had a personality pre-Eclipse, but you'd have to have actually read the manga to know that.
>>
>>155073210
(you)
>>155073462
yea, but now she's just a blob who gets kidnapped a lot and almost raped. I don't like any of the female characters I've met so far, except maybe Luca
>>
>>155071224
If you read the manga at all you'd understand. She serves as a motivator for Gats, because he knows that if he dies, she'll die easily as well. Beyond that, she's his love interest and he obviously wants to have some deep companionship. He has to drive people away from him because he attracts evil, but since Casca is also marked he's obligated to be with her. The guilt of putting others in danger will be lifted from him, because he's actually protecting her the whole time. Even the new chapter reveals that even in her subconscious, she knows that Gats is protecting her, even if she hates him.
>>
File: 1489703079848.jpg (68KB, 386x419px) Image search: [Google]
1489703079848.jpg
68KB, 386x419px
Bitch sucks ass at fighting tho and that was true even during the Golden Age let alone now that the power level has spiked. Fucking Judeau did more than she did in regards to combat.

Other than that she just a romantic interest and motivation for Guts, pretty simplistic all around.
>>
>>155073596
>gets kidnapped a lot and almost raped

The troll arc was more than fifteen years ago, and her last attempted rape (by Guts, no less) was in 1999.

>>155074054
Judging by the imagery presented in Casca's dream, I'd say she hates herself far more than she hates Guts. In the dream, Guts appears as a crippled Doberman who is friendly to Schierke and Farnese whilst also being fiercely protective of the coffin that he presses forward with. The broken, hollow doll inside the coffin is Casca herself, and her low opinion of herself is plainly obvious throughout the Golden Age.

How the fuck do you get her name right and not Guts?
>>
>>155074705
she's not really anything other than a token

she's a reminder of his shame of being human
>>
>>155076596
>she's a reminder of his shame of being human

Are you high? Guts feels no shame no shape, but he does deeply regret abandoning Casca for his revenge. That's why he wants her to be safe and protected in Elfhell.
>>
>>155076734
you have no idea how I feel
>>
>>155071224
Because Miura is a hack and the only way he knows how to victimize his characters is through rape, and his braindead video game playing fanbase defends this as a "realistic" portrayal of war
>>
>>155076909
Bitch boy.
>>
>>155073462
>She had a personality pre-Eclipse
Yeah, but no one remembers because of how long ago it was.
>>
>>155076964
anon...i just don't know what to say
>>
>>155077024
I thought all the anime adaptations of the Golden Age were meant to remind us of what Casca was like. The films were shit though, they took out all her cute moments.

>>155077095
Did you get a lobotomy, bitch boy?
>>
>>155076972
*puts on helmet*
>>
Because she is a slut
>>
>>155077295
are you victim-blaming, anon? that's not cool dude
>>
>>155077295
You'd have to call Guts a slut too, both him and Casca benefited greatly from being blacked.
>>
>>155075844
I dunno, I've seen it as Guts, Gats, and Gatsu, and I guess Gats just sounds the best in my head.
>>
Because she is a woman.
>>
>>155077428
I hope you don't call Farnese or Isidro by the dub's naming conventions.

>>155077494
Don't cut yourself with that edge.
>>
>>155077644
Women in general, especially so in Seinen or a series like Berserk are nothing but holes.
>>
>>155077702
You don't know shit about the seinen genre, anon. It doesn't consist of grimdark fantasies where women exist to get fucked, and can include moeshit like AnnHappy or GochiUsa, comedies like Saint Young Men or female-centric works like Red Garden. Chica Umino, who Miura cites as an influence on his female characters, also mainly does seinen works such as Honey and Clover or 3-gatsu no Lion.

tl;dr - Your newfaggotry is showing, please sterilize yourself.
>>
>>155071224
Casca has been retarded for so long that people like OP have forgotten that she existed pre-rape.

>>155076964
Because it is. People get raped in war. But for whatever reason Tumblr gets triggered by rape while being perfectly fine with every level of graphic, non-sexual violence towards male characters. Bash someone's head in? OK. But rape is going too far.
>>
>>155076964
Phrasing a true statement in an ironic way doesn't make it untrue
>"Scientists" are hacks who just spend public money on bullshit, yet they still claim the fuckin world isn't flat

Just read some fuckin statistics. A quick google search produced info on how about 10,000 women in Okinawa were raped by american soldiers during the II world war and that's fuckin 20th century America. How do you think it looked like in the middle ages.
>>
>>155071224
delet
>>
>>155080379
no u
>>
>>155073210
>i dont think its good
Shit taste detected
>>
>>155073210
I agree. Kubo has the best art
>>
I'd read a oneshot with art co-done by idolslav and bleachblaster
>>
>>155078034
>seinen genre
Demographic, not genre, anon.
>>
>>155079785
You sure about that? even Wikipedia says there is no evidence of such an overblown figure and that mass rape was propaganda used by the Japanese military to convince the civilian population of Okinawa to commit suicide or fight to the death rather than face capture.

The funny thing is that Japanese Army raping the women of Okinawa, stealing their food supplies, and forcing them to act as human shields against invading forces was standard organized policy for them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.