[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can all agree that this is the AOTS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: 3 GATSU NO LION.png (175KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
3 GATSU NO LION.png
175KB, 225x318px
We can all agree that this is the AOTS?
>>
File: 3gatsu2.jpg (278KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
3gatsu2.jpg
278KB, 1366x768px
Yes.
>>
File: best.png (935KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
best.png
935KB, 1280x720px
>>155064829
Sure
>>
File: 3some-no-lion11_c112_113.png (722KB, 1250x1800px) Image search: [Google]
3some-no-lion11_c112_113.png
722KB, 1250x1800px
Of course.
>>
>>155064829
Yes.
>>
Hina's bullied JC cunny!
>>
>>155065055
Did she rape him?
>>
>pretentiously titled melodrama with glasses mc

Never
>>
>>155064829
Nah, was a 7/10. Incredibly underwhelming. Rei barely even developed as a character.
>>
Rakugo was better, but this was a clean second place.
>>
I don't know.
I think Onihei or Demi is mine.
And as for sangatsu I kept waiting till at least 5 episodes piled up to watch it.
>>
>>155065085
Everyone except Momo looks a lot younger, huh.
>>
>>155065085

What do those sisters smell like after a full night of sleep?
>>
Cant wait for 2nd season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snBTs_32P0M
>>
>>155065425
I think the show has some parts that pull it down, but this is an adaptation of an ongoing story where rei's development is slow and dependent upon his interactions with the various people he meets. To say he barely developed is an understatement and shows an almost willing disregard to the themes the show covers on human growth.
>>
>>155066734

I want a Suneohair ED so badly.
>>
>>155064829
Youjo Senki is AOTS.
>>
>>155064829
Too many plebs on /a/ who love different cute girl shows to agree about anything being AOTS.
>>
Onihei
>>
>>155065997
heavenly
>>
>>155065742
>>155067372
Did Onihei actually get interesting at some point?
Dropped it after episode 5.
>>
>>155064829
More like AOTY
>>
>>155067851
From that point of view no. It didn't.
From my point it was intresting all along keeping the same romantic atmoshpere of jap pulp fiction.
>>
>>155064829
Absolutely.
>>
>>155064829
now that rakugo is ruined yes
>>
>>155064829
not interesting enough decision making so no, far from being AOTanything.
>>
>>155064829
I don't like 3-gatsu but I think it does have a lot of good qualities, like good backgrounds and an interesting cast. My main gripe against this show is that nothing ever happens. It's clearly not AOTS material unless you have very specific tastes. Onihei, Akiba's Trip and Rakugo are better, and Kemono Friends is better than any of those.

>>155067851
I think it got notably better from the 5th episode onwards. But if you didn't like that one maybe it's just not your thing.
>>
>>155064829
Yes, best anime from 2016.
>>
>>155074362
Leave it to Kemono Fag to have taste this bad.
>>
>>155074633
>Y-you have shit taste.
I expected better from you, 3-gatsu fans.
>>
>>155074562
As if that meant anything.
>>
File: instant boner.webm (819KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
instant boner.webm
819KB, 720x405px
>>
>>155075472

Sangatsu first five minutes contains a scene I might characterise as one of the best in animation. Rei listlessly wakens, drinking out of necessity, dressing out of obligation, and leaving his sterile apartment out of confusion. He doesn't say anything. He doesn't tell people about his problems. He just moves on with his life. Fanservice shit like Akiba Trip or waifu bait like Kemono Friends that is aimed at 12 years olds can never even begin to compare to the greatness of those 5 minutes, let alone the rest of the series.
>>
>>155066776
>it's an ongoing adaptation
>He still developed

it was 22 episodes of nothing happening. I understand there are good shows where "nothing happens" but seriously there was barely any development. Shogi was basically irrelevant except to explain the characters motivations. The depth of the interaction between characters was shallow, the best look we got into anyone other than Rei or his sister was Akari somewhat offhandedly saying she wanted Rei around because without him she would cry, or when she helped him puke. Other than that explanation their only purpose was to take up time or cheer up Rei, even if he didn't want it. The scene where he remembered his sister after looking at Momo was great, but nothing like it was even touched upon for the rest of the show. His parents were only briefly touched upon despite seemly being a large influence on him. It was just a long internal monologue, like reading a diary or something. It left no impression because it was just Rei being sad for 22 episodes. Even Shimada's introduction was creative but not for a self contained anime, the whole last arc was about a character introduced within said arc, Rei was basically irrelevant. Again, this is fine for a manga but not for an anime. You can't just pretend the anime is good while forgiving all the problems it has being incomplete.

>>155077061
While I loved the first episode and the insert song was amazing, you're clearly being swept up into something. Think clearly, it you're putting way too much value into "he moved on with his life like an empty husk" as if this is some groundbreaking development that has never been done before.
>>
>>155077715
Seriously tho, Rei's character development would be more and more evident in the second season. 1st season was more like an exposition since the mango's first volumes were basically introducing characters
>>
>>155077715
>he thinks that scene was about "development"
That's why you can't appreciate Sangatsu.
>>
>>155077061
A single scene doesn't make a 24 episodes anime great, that logic is retarded. I do think 3-gatsu has a lot of good scenes. But on top of nothing ever happening, the MC is annoying and the "comedic" scenes make me cringe.
>fan service
I don't think fan service is a bad thing, as long as it's not the only thing a show has to offer. And Akiba's Trip a good comedy.
>waifu bait
Watch it before writing nonsense.

>>155077887
>1st season was more like an exposition
Maybe, but I don't want to watch a 10-hour long introduction if you don't make it interesting in its own right.
>>
>>155064829
>>155074562
stop trying to force this meme, you two.
>>
ACCA
>>
>>155078099
To be fair, jap readers of the mango preffered the shogi parts so we could not really blame the author
>>
>>155065085
Hina looks sexy here
>>
>>155078099
>cringe
Out
>Akiba's Trip is a good comedy
This actually more funny that anything in AT.
>Watch it before writing nonsense.
Yeah, go ahead tell me about "good" characters, "good" plot and other nonsense. We all know the major appeal of that show is variery of cute animal girls, no one would be watching that shit if the characters were normal humans.
>>
>>155079610
This is actually more funny than anything in AT*
>>
>>155064829
Where shaftfags were when Sangatsu episode thread were pruned with less than 100 posts?
>>
File: yawn.jpg (54KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
54KB, 500x491px
>>155064829
I don`t even think it is a good show. Rei isn`t an interesting character and as the others have already said, after 22 episodes he barely developed anything. Shogi could be presented in a more interesting way, but the shogi sections feel more like a chore to watch.
>>
>>155077899
Development doesn't just mean "changing", it can also mean adding depth to characters.
>>
>>155079610
>cute animal girls
>ugly 3DCG show
nah
>>
>>155079610
>cringe
It's a valid word and it describes my reaction to the humor in 3-gatsu pretty well. That some people use it in a stupid manner or use made-up words like cringey or cringefest isn't a reason for me not to use it.
Appreciation of humor is largely dependent on the person and arguing over that never leads anywhere, the frequent Nichijou threads are proof of it. I've never even smiled at the humor in 3-gatsu but I find Akiba's Trip often hilarious.
As for Kemono Friends, cute animal girls are part of the appeal obviously, but if it was the sole reason people like it then Show by Rock or Etotama should have been huge success as well.
>>
>>155080568
*successes
>>
>>155065425
> Rei barely even developed as a character.
It's just slow to be honest. The entire 22 episodes basically covered one part of his development, he acts markedly different immediately after where it ends.
>>
>>155080878
He does act different, and that was frustrating because I wanted it to happen sooner, not in the last damn episode.
>>
>>155079049

This. I didn't have big expectations for the show but it turned out to be great.

Rakugo and Sangatsu were also very good, and Demi-chan. Maid-Dragon was quite good, and KonoSuba2 was enjoyable. Some good shorts too, Ai Mai Mii: Surgical Friends and Nobunaga no Shinobi, which I was super pleased to hear is getting a second season. I couldn't really say what was AOTS for me, but there was a lot to like. All in all a really decent season, just no specific huge standout show.

I'll certainly be looking forward to the second season of Sangatsu no Lion. It's slow paced, and not a lot happens, but there are a lot of beautiful and memorable scene, and a great atmosphere. It's faithful enough to the manga while also being its own thing.
>>
No, it's just not good whenever it's about shogi. It's probably different if you're into shogi and can follow their moves as they happen, but as it is you're essentially staring at the screen and waiting for the characters to explain to you which character is winning or losing. It's incredibly boring to watch for anyone outside of the really thin market of shogi maniacs. It would be great if not for that.
>>
I picked up 3-gatsu a couple weeks before it ended. Some less interesting episodes but I never got tired of coming back to it every day.
>>
I am pretty happy with how SHAFT adapted this. They did a nice job of using their distinct style without overdoing it, and a l of the background shots were really gorgeous.
>>
>>155082858
It literally doesn't matter, you must draw parallels from Shogi as something in which you must step over people to win. And in our society it's not hard to draw parallels to that.

What's happening to Kiriyama is that he can be conscious about winning, but he can't afford to lose.

During playing shogi scenes only thing that matters is pretty music.
>>
>>155085296
It does matter, because watching shogi takes up a significant portion of the show's airtime. Not being able to follow what's happening without the characters spelling it out to you is a big issue. I don't care about shogi thematically, I'm talking about how it's just not engaging to the viewer whatsoever.
>>
>>155085441
It takes up like minute or 2 at best. Enjoy the music and scenery.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.