[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching end of Evangelion. I thought it was better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15

File: wallpapor8.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallpapor8.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
Just finished watching end of Evangelion.

I thought it was better than the ending for the initial show, but still a bit confusing. So are Shinji and Asuka the only two people alive, or did they turn into orange juice as well?
>>
Rei > Asukunt
>>
As far as I know, since Shinji rejects instrumentality he is the only one "alive", initially. The rust on Misato's cross indicates that some time passes by until Asuka herself returns. Theoretically everyone else could return after that.
>>
I assumed that they all turned into orange juice and that it was just some kind of dream sequence, but not quite so pleasant as in the original series ending?
>>
>>155031141
Yui says everyone can come back. They just need to have the will. Anno was also planning a sequel where humans come back and try to survive on the Earth after EOE but dropped it IIRC, which proves he intended for others to come back.
>>155031276
Fuck off Reifag.
>>
Shinji is Adam and Asuka is Eve, they start fucking after the credits
>>
>>155031737
Come back from where? It what kind of state are they actually? I thought it was some sort of perfection. Why would anyone want to come back?

I didn't quite get it, I guess.
>>
That's how it goes

>SEELE tired of Gendou bullshit forces their way into NERV
>Gendou thinks he will control the Impact, but Rei tells him to fuck off
>Shinji is now in control, together with Rei/Kaoru hybrid
>You can now reset the world, Shinji!
>He deletes the world, making everyone turn into orange juice once again
>In the middle of it he changes his mind
>Too late now, whatever, here's your world, with the person you wanted the most
>Now Shinji and Asuka are literally Adam and Eve, with both thinking it sucks
>The end
>>
File: 1476741392294.jpg (77KB, 776x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476741392294.jpg
77KB, 776x600px
>>155031737
Anno made several references to Schopenhauer in EVA and this is not exception. He meant "will" in the same Schopenhauer terms, in the way that everything that exists have a will, and if you exist, that you were willing to it.

inb4
>lol 2 deep meme
>>
>>155032031
Shinji is in control? I didn't quite get that notion. He seemed to be totally helpless.
>>
>>155032002
Come back from the LCL. They're not Adam and Eve, there's already an Adam and its not Shinji. Asuka came back because she's afraid of losing her individuality, no one wished her back.
>>
>>155032184
He could choose to change the world the exactly way he wanted it

That was Gendou/Seele plan, but it backfired

Shinji in his infinite wisdom deleted the world, but changed his mind, because he is fucking Shinji after all
>>
File: 1476454949593.jpg (3MB, 1648x4128px) Image search: [Google]
1476454949593.jpg
3MB, 1648x4128px
I b4 fujos
Reminder that Shinji is canonically heterosexual. He only ever had sexual fantasies about women.
>>
>>155032387
>That was Gendou/Seele plan
I thought they were opponents? How did their plans differ, in the end?
>>
File: 1422047044384.png (105KB, 1330x615px) Image search: [Google]
1422047044384.png
105KB, 1330x615px
>>155032271
>there's already an Adam and its not Shinji.
>thinking the christian Adam is the alien Adam

They turned into Adam and Eve in the biblical sense, with both repopulating the world. Adam, the primordial alien, got named after the biblical story, not the other way around

Also Shinji wished for Asuka. He hates it, but he wanted it.
>>
>>155032617
Where does it state that Shinji wished for Asuka? Yui also says everyone can come back, so that blows your theory out of the water.
>>
>>155032617
Only fujos try to prove otherwise, they don't understand men
>>
File: 1275085987632.jpg (116KB, 234x2580px) Image search: [Google]
1275085987632.jpg
116KB, 234x2580px
>>155032587
Both organization wanted to rebuild the world. The original plan of Seele was to turn the world into LCL once again, the so called instrumentality, with every living thing being part of the same will. However, Gendo plan was different. Supposedly he wanted to be reunited with his waifu and repopulate the world with Rei's, but that is debatable

The important part is that both got backfired by the Angels, while Shinji get choose to do the job and finish the Impact

Curiously enough, Shinji end of the world ends up being a mix between the two plans.
>>
>>155032002
People who came back would be people who would rather face reality no matter how harsh it was
>>
>>155032683
At the part where Rei/Kaoru makes it clear he is the one who will bring up the third impact

Hell, Shinji wishes to cancel it all makes Rei kill herself after deleting the world, it's one of the most memorable scenes in the movie
>>
>>155031141
The end of Evangelion is that everyone became Kool-aid, however despite their best efforts Shinji wasn't fully broken thanks to Asuka and Misato.

Yui refused to raise unit-01s arm until it was too late, the implication is she wishes to see impact triggered too. Remember that Yui was fundamentally more intelligent and "deeper" in the project that even Gendo
She Brought Shinji to the Experiment so he could watch her "Die"

Shinji however, despite the efforts of his mother and father has found someone who he can connect with, but doesn't understand how connected.
He reaches out to Asuka, she snubs him: that was the trigger for impact
Shinji then has an epiphany that he knew Asuka's pain closer than anyone else, and She His.
He drags himself out from instrumentality
She follows later

However any trust dynamic is broken by the fact they have been forced to "Bear all" to each other, especially the shame of the "baby batter" scene

Shinji was "in control" in as much as he was the focal point, the idea of Gendo and Yui breaking him to this point was that he needed to be willing to force people to understand him

The LCL soup is all of human conscience intertwined, every fantasy is reality, the will to reject it is the understanding that fighting against humanitys flaws is a greater good than being happy.
>>
So is Gendo dead forever or can he come back too? Is his soul in a different place than everyone else's?
>>
>>155033115
Gendo can come back, but will never.
His only wish was to live with Yui, despite his affection being crazy stalker and the implication being Yui saw him as a means to an end
>>
File: 1325643314295.jpg (1MB, 1894x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1325643314295.jpg
1MB, 1894x4000px
>>155033115
Ded

People can come back in a spiritual sense, not in a Jason Voorhees sense, hence Rebuild theme
>>
>>155032970
>Kaoru
Now I know you're from Evageeks. Shinji wished to destroy the world because he was rejected by humankind, which is represented by Asuka, the biggest symbol of rejection in Shinji's head. But nowhere does it say he wished for her at the end of the movie. Saying that robs her of her own agency. She went through Instrumentality, same as Shinji, and decided to come back of her own will.
>>
>>155031276
Truth.
>>
>>155033212

Rebuild is a direct sequel to the EoE
>>
>>155033212
>ded
It is not confirmed that Gendou is dad.

Obviously the Unit 01 that "ate" him was not the real unit 01. That was likely just his allucination fomented out of guilty for him to "de-ATfy". His body not being seem converting into LCL may be some suspicion he actually was punished by "Yui" and killed off instead of merging with the rest of humanity, but that could pretty much as well be just an impact shot and he was liskely tangified offscreen.

>People can come back in a spiritual sense, not in a Jason Voorhees

I haven't watched Friday 13 in almost 20 years, so I don't remember how Jason ressurects. But no, people don't come back "only in a spiritual sense" it is pretty clear that they can FORM THE IMAGE OF THEIR body and come back entirely again by Yui's and Rei's line by the End of the movie.
>>
File: 60240104_p0.jpg (707KB, 1391x1687px) Image search: [Google]
60240104_p0.jpg
707KB, 1391x1687px
>>155033878
>It is not confirmed that Gendou is dad.
Pretty sure that's confirmed m8.
>>
File: 62019220_p0.jpg (226KB, 1499x2142px) Image search: [Google]
62019220_p0.jpg
226KB, 1499x2142px
>>155033248
Even that is fanwank though, Asuka's entire end-character is "up for speculation", because it doesn't really exist. It's a giant black hole because Asuka is a plot device in EoE. The point is that Asuka has no agency and never had, she is a doll.

That said you're totally right about Shinji wishing for this and that.
>>
>>155034055
No one asked you, Reifag.
>>
>>155034125
No one asked you to ask anyone at all, Kaworufag.
>>
File: 1434613721879.png (167KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
1434613721879.png
167KB, 306x273px
>>155032184
>>155032271
>>155032587
>>155032683
>>155033248

I took the bait and decided to rewatch key scenes of EoE, just to be sure I'm not inventing things

>Asuka dies fighting artificial Eva's
>Gendo tries to hurry up and merge with Yui via Rei, being the central figure on the Impact
>Eva 01 wakes up, presumably Yui, taking Shinji off his breakdown
>Shinji goes outside and gets shocked by Asuka death, and how it's his fault once again
>Rei hears the call of Shinji and decides to cancel Gendo plans, fusing with Adam
>Meanwhile Seele is using Eva/Shinji as the bringer of Apocalypse, together with their fakes Eva's
>Shinji is close to lose his ego, so Kaoru shows up in the face of Adam
>Shinji now is literally god, they say it out loud
>Shinji losing his ego, goes on a psychological journey, "I want to be with you, Asuka" says him
>Asuka gets aggressive and he confronts her while Kom Susser Todd starts playing, Shinji wants revenge against humanity
>Apocalypse starts, Anno gets personal and we get live action footage, with him basically saying he draws to scape reality
>Shinji gets a glimpse of the new world and rejects it, after learning it's impossible to love someone in LCL mode
>Apocalypse gets canceled, the only way to make the Impact successful is by rejecting your own ego, which Shinji rejected
>Final chapter is called "I need you", with Asuka out of nowhere, and both once again having "human emotions", with Shinji crying and Asuka being disgusted
>That's your world, deal with it
>The end

So yes, Asuka and Shinji being AdamxEve together with one wanting another, outside their dream world in juice is confirmed.
>>
>>155033878
Gendo is obviously dead, if he got punished or not is up to debate. I like to believe he got rejected by literal gods in making part of the LCL ocean

Yui appears in human form to Shinji only under his dream and a little before he going back to Earth , after that he only sees Rei again, like he did in the first episode

Rebuild explain the "going back" a little better, with endless cycles of "Shinji's ", doing the same thing over and over. That's what they meant, not getting instant resurrection.
>>
>>155035736
In the kitchen scene itself Asuka says Shinji was not being sincere and was just using her because he had no one else. Also the end title being "I Need You" does not prove that he wished her to come back? Why would he choke her as soon as he saw her then? Asuka still looks angry as fuck caressing his face. They do not have the duty to repopulate the Earth either, as other humans can come back.
>>
File: 1446080013086.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1446080013086.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>155036079
>See the one you just jerk off and leave to die
>Welcome to the world of suffering again
>Tries to get away with this shame
>She caress him
>He cries
>Asuka feels disgust

It's the moral of the story. Living is suffering and having trouble with feelings, but in the end it's better than (literal) nothing, at least they have each other

All build up and previous scenes leave up to this. Not gonna explain it again.
>>
>>155036334
They're not Adam and Eve.
>>
>>155032184
In absolute terms Rei was in control, but she was going to leave the decission up to shinji, she would just make it happen.
>>
>>155032617
There's a thing called Minimum viable population. 2 people can't repopulate the world. And Shinji didn't wish Asuka back, it's specifically stated each person gets to make their own choices. Him wishing her back undermines that.
>>
>>155035736
So how do you leap from

>Shinji choking Asuka, Asuka being disgusted by Shinji while Rei watches from the beyond in the background

to

>So yes, Asuka and Shinji being AdamxEve together with one wanting another, outside their dream world in juice is confirmed.

some shipper logical leap here. Facts are Shinji x Asuka is retarded, and so are shippers.
>>
>>155033514
Rebuild is an irrelevant extension of the original
>>
>>155036833
>extension
*perversion
>>
>>155036886
Even better wording, my bad.
>>
File: n4ff63255e33ca.jpg (30KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
n4ff63255e33ca.jpg
30KB, 500x329px
>>155036821
>journey about a guy who wants to live in a dreamworld because there's no pain there, and subsequently no other feeling whatsoever, discovering that living with the ones that you love is worth the risk of being crushed, have nothing to do with relationship

Because making a whole scene about Shinji watching Misato fucking a guy, with him and Asuka both rejecting it was just le random scene, amirite?
>>
>orange juice
>juice
>Kool aid
you're triggering me
>>
>>155037147
They're not Adam and Eve.
>>
So no one else in the entire world wished for their physical form besides Shinji and Asuka? And how to the rebuilds occur if they're after EoE? Everyone should be oj, and they're doing mostly the same things again
>>
>>155037527
That's left ambigious.

Shinji wished to "redo" so Rebuild is a new loop (presumably).
>>
>>155032491
I like you, heteroposter
>>
>>155037527
It's implied it's a Zelda kind of thing

Each Link/Zelda are a new generation of the Hero/Princess. Same for the characters of Eva, except angels and such that have full knowledge of the whole cycle. Every time a Shinji resets the world, it only creates a new cycle. Anno wants Rebuild to be the end of those cycles, hence why so many things changed drastically
>>
File: Shinji_is_bi.png (1MB, 1015x767px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_is_bi.png
1MB, 1015x767px
>>155032491
>>
So what is the Lance of Longoy or whatever its called supposed to be? I never got that. Whats so special about it
>>
>>155038812
The Lance of Longinus is the Lance the Roman Soldier stabbed Jesus in the side with while on the cross.
>>
>>155038812
Reference : Spear that killed Jesus for good

Lore : Spear that paralyzed Adam for hatching his egg. The same spear would be found in the Arctic and when removed, woke up Adam, now wanting to repopulate the world for good , sending his Angels to do it. Every "primal alien" race have one spear

Usage : It can destroy AT fields with easy, and a necessary tool for the Third Impact, since it is the thing that "hatches" the egg of Lilith/Adam
>>
>>155039118
>Spear that paralyzed Adam for hatching his egg
and who paralized adam with the spear?
>>
>>155040261
It did it by itself, two seeds i.e Adam and Lilith landed on Earth, Lilith's spear broke so Adam's spear activated and sealed him.
>>
>>155039118
so what are the angels? adam's race? why are they different from each other
>>
>>155041068
http://wiki.evageeks.org/First_Ancestral_Race
>>
File: tumblr_nv0fqnNmNM1u90kj5o1_1280.jpg (220KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv0fqnNmNM1u90kj5o1_1280.jpg
220KB, 1024x767px
>>155035983
>Gendo is obviously dead,
No, it is not. That is fanwanking. Tell me, you also think Shinji and Asuka literally had Sex with real bodies in the EoE due to this picture? Kek.
>>
>>155037147
>>journey about a guy who wants to live in a dreamworld because there's no pain there, and subsequently no other feeling whatsoever, discovering that living with the ones that you love is worth the risk of being crushed

Hmm, I need to watch Evangelion again. I watched it back when I was a teenager with no real problems and didn't really get it. That description you gave makes me think I would probably benefit from watching it now, though. It makes me think of myself.
>>
>>155038444
Shinji is bisexual.
Anno says he has a homoerotic, JUNE-like relationship with Kaworu that goes beyond friendship. JUNE means physical homosexuality.
In the drafts he gets a boner from Kaeoru holding his hand.
In EOE they have metaphorical sex.
Shinji blushes just from seeing his face and it makes his heart beat faster too.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.