[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so overrated? It's a 6/10 at best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: a2bbafe1-s.png (3MB, 680x685px) Image search: [Google]
a2bbafe1-s.png
3MB, 680x685px
Why is this so overrated?
It's a 6/10 at best
>>
A lot of people liked it.
>>
Literally one of the best anime ever created. It doesn't try to be anything more than it is or have a deep message or whatever. It's just a nice love story with beautiful art and music.
>>
>>155028198
Ironically Shinkai agrees with you, and really resents being hailed as the new Miyazaki.

But to answer your question
>Young, relative newcomer to the industry makes a movie
>It's quite good
>A lot of people who saw it inform others that it's quite good
>The hype train builds up
>BEST ANIMATED FILM EVAR

In my opinion its biggest flaw is starting out with a girl groping her own breasts. It's a funny gag, but to start a movie out like that... it creates a real "did I walk into the right cinema/put in the right dvd/stream the right anime?" vibe.
>>
>>155028287
>>155028306
I can see that but if we go by that logic about young couple, nice love story ecc, isn't Tamako Love Story far superior?
>>
>>155028198
Shinkai's elevation of 'tfw no gf' to an aesthetic, a programme, a raison d'etre was going to find a big audience someday.
>>
>>155028351
Haven't watched it so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>155028198
Normalfags.
>>
>>155028198
The first 60 minutes are literally 9.5/10. The second half isnt bad enough to drop it down to a 6. Something along 6.5 to 7 seems more appropriate. Art and OST alone already make this more than a 6 to be honest.
>>
>>155028351
Because this is a story about love transcending time and space, and people eat that shit up.
>>
>>155028198
exactly what i gave it, it's a gneric shinkai flick

some pretty animation/ backgrounds mixed with a whole load of fucking nothing and even a musical montage

children who chase lost voices actually had a plot so i rate it higher
>>
>>155028565
To be entirely honest, I think Garden of Words was a better movie (though it could benefit from an extra 15 minutes or so to develop the relationship. Now it feels like it suddenly escalates near the end).
>>
>>155028198
I don't know if this is bait, but I agree.
>>
>>155028665
Nah, I'm too old for baiting.
>>
its generic garbage
>>
>>155028198
I was disappointed by how much of it was so standard anime
>>
Shinkai kept making the same film over and over. One of them was bound to stick eventually.
>>
>>155028306
tbqh that's pretty realistic. I know that's what I and many others would do in that situation. It's almost a natural response
>>
>>155028198
I would give it a 7.5, but you`re right, it`s not good enough for a 9.5/10
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.