[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, I just started watching the japanese original version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (483KB, 655x315px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
483KB, 655x315px
Holy shit, I just started watching the japanese original version of this, it was kind of cheesy, but not bad.

So today I found some cassete tapes that I had recorded of the 4kids version as a kid, just to get some of muh nostalgia and to be able to compare them, and holy shit, they really did raped this anime on it's western release.
>>
>>155023354
How are they different, oh wise one who has seen the tapes?
>>
>>155023476
I was just hoping to get some discussion of the OG Yugioh. I know everyone and their mother knows about all the cuts and changes to this chink cartoon.

But I was still pretty impressed that it wasn't exageration and they actually did kind of ruined it.

Altough I don't miss a lot of the autistic japanese random name saying and constant friendship talk
>>
It's funny, because the nip version butchered the manga's story.
>>
>>155023673
Really?
>>
How's this even something worth talking about when you can find both version in the internet.

It's not like it's something rare you can't find anymore.
>>
>>155023673
This.
>>
Toei's Yu-Gi-Oh will always be the better of the two Yu-Gi-Oh anime because it was adapted from the earlier parts of the YGO manga, before the whole series became a shameless plug for Duel Monsters.

YGO was better when it was just about high-stakes games with magical powers. There are, what, two Mind Crushes in the entire course of the Duel Monsters anime? Punishing the loser's soul is supposed to be Dark Yugi's power, but it's barely present in YGODM because the whole series picks up after Dark Yugi has already had his character development and sworn off punishing people. That's just bad writing.

As a result, the games only have supernatural stakes when they're enforced by the opponent (always the "final boss" of the given season, e.g. Marik and Bakura), and the filler duels which compromise 90% of the series are just boring games with physical consequences.

I know Yu-Gi-Oh is supposed to be campy, but I can't take it seriously when a bad guy challenges Yugi to a card game so he can cut off his legs with a buzzsaw after he beats him. It just begs the question of why even bother with the card game in the first place.

Ironically, even though it wasn't their intention, 4Kids injected some of the original YGO magic back into DM by coming up with Shadow Games and the Shadow Realm, because now every match had supernatural consequences again. And Yami once again seemed like an extremely powerful and godlike magician for overcoming these high stakes games whereas in the original he was just an idiot who let himself get roped into boring duels with ridiculous consequences.
>>
>>155023673
The manga itself was shit after it turned into a commercial for the TCG

First 7 volumes of the manga were the only good ones
>>
>>155028310
>4Kids injected some of the original YGO magic back into DM by coming up with Shadow Games and the Shadow Realm
Except not really
In the Japanese version it whoever lost died so that's why 4kids came up with the fucking "Shadow Realm"

Also one thing that bothers me
I hate it when "Yami no Game" is translated as "Shadow Game". It's supposed to be "Game of Darkness"

Yami = Darkness not Shadow
>>
Toei's YGO was 100x better just because of little Yugi's sexy voice.
>>
>>155028310
Yu-gi-oh's last arc was good desu. If only because they spared us from the card game as much as they could.
>>
>>155030141
Yeah, but that's what happened in a lot of the original games before the card shit started, too. When Kaiba lost his first duel with Yugi near the start of the series he didn't die, Yugi used illusion magic to make him think he was "trapped and tortured in the duel monsters' world", an illusion that eventually wore off.
>>
>>155030222
trips confirmed
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.