[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which manga adaptations took the most liberties with their source?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: es34893849.png (521KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
es34893849.png
521KB, 639x479px
Which manga adaptations took the most liberties with their source? What are the best/worst examples of liberal manga adaptations in your opinion?
>>
>Excel Excel will never kill you

Life is suffering.
>>
>>155002589
Excel Saga was a cool series.Pretty much made fun of the whole idea of executive meddling and weak-willed authors screwing up an adaptation every episode.
>>
File: 1326787954537.jpg (202KB, 541x506px) Image search: [Google]
1326787954537.jpg
202KB, 541x506px
Excel Saga is one of the best things ever made.
Funny, comfy, good pacing, catchy and memorable OP.
It was so good, even some of the foreign dubs were good, because the voice actors genuinely loved it so they wanted to do a good job.

This and 2x2 = Shinobu-den are some of my favorite anime.
Not just because theyr'e funny, but because they're comfortable and warm to me, i can go back, rewatch them, and feel back "home".
It's actually kinda depressing, i wish there was a new anime that gave me what these two shows do.

Maybe i'm just getting old and hate everything now.
>>
File: put it in.gif (79KB, 480x363px) Image search: [Google]
put it in.gif
79KB, 480x363px
Why was Excel Saga so good?
>>
>>155004144
Because it had heart and was made at a time where you didn't have to cater to either people that are offended by everything, or miserable fucks that want everyone that isn't themselves to die.
Back then you could just make a fun normal anime for someone that wanted to watch anime.
>>
If we include LN adaptations, then the anime for Slayers took a lot of liberties but ended up with something great, at least for the first two seasons. I prefer the anime to the novels for the most part because I felt they improved on the character development and interactions. Most of the manga based on the series were also enjoyable.
>>
Now I want to rewatch Excel Saga,,,
>>
File: 1474137461975.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474137461975.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>Nabashit humor
>>
File: (you).png (224KB, 799x524px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
224KB, 799x524px
>>155004489
>>
>>155004489
A bit or miss for me. I dig Excel Saga and Nerima Daikon brothers, but wasn't down with To Be Hero or Puni Puni Poemy.
>>
>>155002589
I'm honestly really upset at the anime for Tokyo Ghoul. I watched the anime first and then went back and read the manga a year later and I really had a vastly different view of the protagonist. I'd say it's one of my favorite manga while simultaneously being one of my least favorite anime.
>>
>>155005713
To Be Hero of all things is getting a 2nd season.

Meh.
>>
Hayate no Gotoku first season. Better than JC Staff and manglobe adaptations who followed the Manga step by step. Synergy SP did a wonderfull job, still a good comedy after all this years.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.