[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did kubo manage to fuck up the final arc so badly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: glorious black catg.jpg (82KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
glorious black catg.jpg
82KB, 570x570px
It had so much potential starting out it got me really exited the series would turn around. And it kind of did up until the end of the first invasion. Then kubo gave up and started giving vilians stupid abstract powers that made fights completly uninteresting. also didn't show aizen's bankai. most of the people here could write a better story than the second half of the final arc.
>>
Maybe it would ended better if it wasn't cancelled.
>>
He was guilty tripped into finishing bleach, a kid dying with good ole cancer gave him a letter saying his work brough some joy to his dying days, so kubo begged for WSJ to not get axed so he could at least finish before the kid went to the big dream in the sky.
>>
>how did a shitty writer who became infamous for asspulls and nonsense create a shitty ending

Really activates your almonds huh
>>
File: ARAKI.png (3MB, 1076x1105px) Image search: [Google]
ARAKI.png
3MB, 1076x1105px
>>154956620
>>
File: 1483948773805.jpg (88KB, 1648x926px) Image search: [Google]
1483948773805.jpg
88KB, 1648x926px
>>154956413
Kubo was in bad health, he mentioned in previous volumes. He could've gone on a long hiatus, but maybe he was afraid he wouldn't come back to the series or maybe he just wanted to finish the entire thing in one go or maybe he was afraid going on a super long hiatus would just make it's popularity drop; who knows to be honest. I do think he ended the series the way he intended(happy family, peaceful times, Kazui/Ichika meeting) but the way he got to the happy ending felt half-assed to a lot of the fanbase. Pairings aside, I do think the ending would've been better received if he just tweaked and added a few things like the missing characters/explanation of the Soul King/a proper final fight.

I know there's a long list including the things he didn't mention or give closure to, but a lot mentioned are just fan theories that got out of control or just little plot points that most fans don't even remember/care for.
>>
>>154956454
Nice meme.
>>
>>154956413
Jump and Kubo both confirmed that in the middle of the arc Kubo's health was getting worse and it affected his work.
>>
So when is the databook that ties up all the loose ends coming out?
>>
>>154957971
We got novels instead. The second one will focus on the soul king, arrancars, rest of the fullbringers, and four noble houses.
>>
>>154958069
Sauce?
>>
>>154956413
Fights went on for far too long and it relied on too trump cards or aces up sleeves.
Some foes went almost unkillable save for an asspull.
Gerard was stupidly OP, it took Yhwach to step up and drain every sternritter to kill him (3 of the most powerful captains in bankai couldnt take him down).
The X guy who kept changing his appereance was also nigh unkillable until Yhwach stepped up.
Kira's return amounted to nothing.

I can go on but you get the point, even though the final arc was over 100 chapters it felt padded up the ass (besides of the unanswered questions which you can look up the list for yourself).
Overall it suffered from what happened to Bleach numerous times, adding way too many charcters and having to juggle screen time to give all of them personalities an backstories, also the MC was not too interesting and it dragged for far too long.
Sad too because I think Kubo is great at reveals and can create some good flow in his manga but he cant write for shit.
>>
>>154956413
>It had so much potential starting out
>Then kubo gave up

Damn if this doesn't sound familiar.
>>
>>154958100
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-08/more-details-revealed-for-2-upcoming-bleach-novels/.109645

Supposedly the second novel is out the end of the this month, but no one knows the date for sure. All we know is that it'll be released during Spring.
>>
He went full Kubo for one glorious final shitty troll that left everyone asking what the hell just happened to the last 10 years of their lives.
>>
>>154958302
Thanks.
>>
What pissed me off most was ichigo got a quincy power up that never lead to anything later in the arc. It was pointless
>>
>>154958597
Isshin accompanying Ryuken to SS was even more pointless since he literally did nothing. Ryuken spoke with Uryu and handed him the arrow that helped defeat Yhwach.

I wish the final battle would've been the six nakama together or Ichigo/Uryu + the two dads.
>>
>>154958796
Or just ichigo and aizen but not half assed
>>
>>154956413
Bach was a mistake.
>>
File: Yhwach's mustache.png (269KB, 782x782px) Image search: [Google]
Yhwach's mustache.png
269KB, 782x782px
>>154960016
Yeah, Yhwach was way too bullshit for his defeat to be completely satisfying. How would you have reduced his power while still making him a credible threat?
>>
>>154960876
Let him keep his precog, but not his retcon powers. Slowly push him into a corner throughout the fight without him realizing it until its too late. Yeah, it's cliche, but Bleach doesn't deserve better.
>>
>>154956413
Stylistic battle consists of 8 seconds of fighting movement. "It's Art" Bleach fags too dumb to realise a man grasping for time to make his next piece of plot.
>>
>>154956413
He bored the hell out of writing Bleach.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.