[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you decide what to watch next on your backlog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: implying.jpg (11KB, 344x365px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
11KB, 344x365px
How do you decide what to watch next on your backlog?
>>
Depends on my level of interest or lack thereof in the anime that's next on the list.
>>
>>154921153
Shampoo
>>
>>154921187
thanks
>>
You get the best results doing everything on a whim
>>
>>154921153
That's kind of a toughie since there's some good shit on that list, but I'd go with Gunbuster since it's the shortest out of all of those and the most culturally impactful of the bunch. Watch Diebuster while you're at it, they're both great in their own ways.
>>
>>154921020
That anime fucked me up. I wish i could find my Misaki.
>>
Usually whenever I see a meme, gif or large thread posted on /a/ that reminds of an anime on my backlog. The other day there was a Raildex thread talking about season 3 and that reminded me that I've been meaning to watching Index ever since I saw the gif of Misaka spin-kicking the vending machine like 4 or 5 years ago. So now I'm watching Raildex, on Index S2.
>>
File: misaki.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
misaki.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>154921208
We all do
>>
>>154921201
This, not the greatest results for the size of my backlog which is fucking huge still but personally it's great.
>>
>>154921201
Most of the time this. Unless I'm following a director or studio's works
>>
I delete everything I'm not watching at random intervals
>>
>>154921020
Mood.
When angry, watch edgy shows.
When sad, watch comfy SoL.
When clever, watch shounen.
When happy, don't watch anime at all.
>>
>>154921020
alphabetically.
>>
>>154921020

I made an application where it decides what to watch next for me
>>
>>154921201
This. The only problem is if it's a movie I sometimes lose interest after it finishes downloading.
>>
>>154921020
Promise you wont make fun of me.
I arrange a group of six shows that I am currently interested in watching, assign each show a number based on alphabetical ranking (ex: Berserk = 1, Diebuster = 2, (I have already seen these shows, I was just using them for the sake of the example) and I am sure you get the point). I then roll a dice to see which number I land on, and watch whatever show corresponds to the number.
Its worked pretty decently so far. It used to be I'd spend a lot of time deciding what to watch, but now I only spend half the time figuring out what to watch using the method described above, and the other half I can spend actually watching stuff. Try it yourself, you might like it.
>>
>>154922655
That seems fun.
>>
>>154922655
I do something similar with reading manga.
>assign a number to all the stuff I feel like reading
>roll a random number on random.org
>read whatever corresponds to that number
>>
My backlog has got a currently airing series that I'm over 700 episodes behind on. If I can't choose something, I pick that one.
>>
All of this is in the context of manga.

I have the terrible problem of reading anything I find as soon as I find them.

I have no backlog, but in exchange for this great mercy I rarely return to read updates on a series I may have once been interested in because it bleeds through the cracks of my update feed.
>>
>>154922341
>When clever, watch shounen
What the hell is a clever mood?
>>
>>154921020
>watching anime
How fucking new are you?
>>
>>154922655
I can't make fun of someone for actually putting some effort into finding a method that works.
>>
File: clvrgrl.jpg (10KB, 548x451px) Image search: [Google]
clvrgrl.jpg
10KB, 548x451px
>>154923400
>>
>>154922367
I like you.
>>
I came to /a/ after not visiting for a long time, and I saw like a dozen KonoSuba threads. So I watched that. That's what I normally did back then as well, just watched shit that looked interesting and got a lot of threads.
>>
>>154921020

I never feel like watching stuff anymore or doing anything for that matter I think I'm done being alive.
>>
Like any other "random" (i.e. no random) choice, it depends on my mood or interests at the time. In other words: like everyone else.
>>
>>154921020
Write a script that autoplays your files.
>>
>>154922394
>Downloading
>Not using kissanime
>2017
>>
>>154921020
I write each anime down on a coin, then I eat all the coins. Whichever one I poop out first, I watch. Anything else is for plebs.
>>
I just go with whatever I'm "feeling" at the moment based off what I know about particular series/movie. If I'm not in the mood for any certain genre I just pick whatever I'm least familiar with and go in blind. It's worked out so far
>>
>>154921020
I take my whole backlog, throw it into a random generator. Pick the first 7 and assign one for each day. When i'm starting to finish a couple of shows i binge watch the rest.

Atm i have a couple of stuff i want to watch, so i just pick whatever i feel like.
>>
File: Darts.jpg (2MB, 3241x2808px) Image search: [Google]
Darts.jpg
2MB, 3241x2808px
I print out every series in my back log and throw the papers at random all over my yard, then I play lawn darts and whatever the 5th dart I throw lands on, I watch.
>>
from the shiposting in /a/
>>
>myanimelist plan to watch
https://www.random.org/

win
>>
Random methods don't work with me because if I'm supposed to watch a series whose theme doesn't interest me at the moment then I just end up dropping it.
>>
I don't have a "backlog" because I watch whatever I want to watch when I feel like it.
>>
>>154923400
I don't want to say intelligent.
Shounen have strategy battles which are clever.
>>
>>154922367
>do this
>All those "Z" shows I haven't watched yet
>>
File: raw.png (66KB, 182x136px) Image search: [Google]
raw.png
66KB, 182x136px
i wait until i see a post about one of the shows in my backlog, and someone responds with "god i loved that show"

if it seems like genuine sentiment, then i put it at the top of the list

otherwise, i just watch in order of discovery because i'm a boring cunt
>>
>>154922341
this made me think. i watch anime to get my mind off things most of the time
>>
I have a numbered list. I use a random number generator to pick which to watch.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.