[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one like this movie? It's cute and has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 8970l.jpg (54KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
8970l.jpg
54KB, 318x450px
Why does no one like this movie? It's cute and has beautiful animation.
>>
People don't like this movie?
>>
>>154908926
And that's all there is to it sadly.
>>
>>154908926
Because it's not by muh Miyazaki
>>
>>154909170
You a big Goro fan?
>>
>>154909170
Ponyo was directed by Miyazaki though...
>>
>>154908926
I like it, but it's not one of my favorite Ghibli films. It's more of a "sit and enjoy" film, with simple plot and characters but visually pleasing.
>>
I like it but I think the reason why you don't hear a lot of discussion about it here is because you can pretty much talk about Miyazaki movies anywhere online
>>
I loved it but I can only watch it subbed. Which makes it hard to do anything else while its on. Disney fucks up everything and every movie they touch.

But there isn't anything wrong with the movie itself. Its really fun and cute.
>>
Will Yuasa's Ponyo be better or worse?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UHaKc-fpPcA
>>
It's nice but it feels more like a straight up children's movie compared to most of Miyazaki's other stuff
>>
>>154908926
Digibro loves it
>>
>>154910294
It's Yuasa, so probably better.
>>
>>154908926
>Ponyo was 9 years ago
Damn. I liked it a lot when I was 15.

>>154909170
It was though.
>>
>>154908926
i like it but the film feels a bit slow at points
>>
>>154908926
I didn't much care for it. The movie had some interesting visuals, but like some other Miyazaki movies, it just felt like it ended and was over far too quickly. We just had the plot dumped into our laps and then immediately resolved, with little buildup or payoff.

Probably half the Miyazaki movies are really good, but a good portion just end before the story is finished. I have to wonder if Porco and Pom Poko are like that or not.
>>
>>154913537
Pom Poko isn't by him.
>>
>>154913912
I'm more asking if it is similar. Ghibli has produced a couple of movies similar in tone and theme not by Miyazaki himself, like When Marnie Was There. Although thank you for the correction.
>>
>>154908926
cuz that little plankton shit ain't got no fuckin titties
>>
>>154908926
It's a good movie.
>>
>>154914234
this... disney knew little mermaid had to have inyoface tatas to sell
>>
>>154910798
who?
>>
>>154908926
People like to bully Miyazaki, especially his newer movies. Lots of people are adverse to children's stuff too. That doesn't account for everyone, but a good number of people on /a/ from what I can tell. Others didn't like the ending, or play the Oshii criticism. I personally adore it. I love all Miyazaki's movies but this one's a favourite.
>>
>>154910294
Not only does it not look very good, but the similarities to Ponyo will draw a lot of unfavourable comparisons. One of the most beautiful modern love letters to traditional, hand drawn animation vs. this Flash monstrosity.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.