[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who was at the premiere of GitS yesterday anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: goits.jpg (56KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
goits.jpg
56KB, 720x960px
Ask someone who was at the premiere of GitS yesterday anything.
>>
How bad was it?
>>
Will I ever find happiness?
>>
>>154892833
Overall: good/shit?

Do you think Scarlet is really suited for Makoto role?
>>
Were there many weebs or mostly normal people?
>>
File: 1440101544760.jpg (90KB, 839x821px) Image search: [Google]
1440101544760.jpg
90KB, 839x821px
Is Akari cute?
Also, was the movie any good?
>>
write a review or fuck off attention whore
>>
>>154892860
>>154892904
As far as adaptations go It was good overall the Action was great the visual were top notch (except for two weird as fuck scenes whose special effects looked like they were just unfinished), the plot made sense and didn't rape any of the story of the original GitS, and the world building was fucking wonderful on par with the original, the city truly felt alive it was superb.
But.
The fucking dialog, w/hat the fuck, it was horrendous it sucked so fucking bad, the dialog made this movie go from a 8/10 to a fucking 6
There's virtually no dialog just people having monologues about pseudo-philosophical stuff and then that was it
Scarlett was horrid, she didn't give two fucks about her role, hell every woman in this movie sucked ass.
The villain was bad, it was just a cliché bad guy that a guy in business suit obviously forced whoever was in charge of the script to add.

Overall I had fun
And there's a huge surprise in this movie that was really great and that makes the movie worth seeing in my opinion.
>>
>>154893063
Was the surprise that she wasn't actually the Major?
>>
>>154892833
The last guy said that the ending was horrible. What happened?
>>
File: Himawari_Furutani.jpg (15KB, 300x469px) Image search: [Google]
Himawari_Furutani.jpg
15KB, 300x469px
>>154892938
Mostly normal people
I heard a girl say "what there's an original ?" when the director came on stage and talked about how he liked the original as a kid.
>>154892982
submit to himawari
>>
>>154892833
Is it true that the shelling sequence, the think tank and the jumping off a building are not in the movie?
>>
>>154893063
>There's virtually no dialog just people having monologues about pseudo-philosophical stuff and then that was it
so GITS 2?
>>
>>154893163
no
the leader of section 9 is actually a badass pistolero who fucking destroys the bad guy's augmented goon with just a standard revolver, it fucking comes out of nowhere and actually worked
>>
>>154893063
>The villain was bad, it was just a cliché bad guy that a guy in business suit obviously forced whoever was in charge of the script to add.
Wait isn't Kuze the villain?
>>
>>154893210
direct me to those scene but I don't recall seeing something like that

Oh yeah the spider tank scene sucked ass until they did a point to point recreation of the major destroying her body to pop the lid off
>>
>>154893178
>Mostly normal people
What did they think about it?
>>
>>154893247
nope
Kuze is a "good guy"
Hanka industries becomes the true villain halfway through but the real issue is that the leader of Hanka is just your stereotypical "She's not a human, she's a weapon, MY weapon" villain
>>
>>154893296
most people liked it, they all clapped and cheered at the end and they were a few "Woos" during >>154893217
(Which for a French theater is kind of rare we mostly shut our mouths during movies and rarely clap at the end)
>>
>>154893261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo&user=IGNentertainment
and from the begging of the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yg&user=movieclipsTRAILERS
>>
>>154893351
>they all clapped and cheered at the end
Maybe because the movie team was there?
Sounds like shit anyway, especially if Johansson doesn't give a shit about her character.
>>
>>154893409
everything is those is in the movie with a few exceptions :
she doesn't kiss the black gal (who shows up for 30 seconds and isnt relevent)
the black guy with monks isn't in the movie i don't know what the fuck this is
>>
Was there chemistry between the Major and Batou?
>>
>>154892833
Why did you do it?
>>
How much screentime does scarlet have in the skin suit?
>>
>>154893063
>As far as adaptations go It was good overall the Action was great the visual were top notch (except for two weird as fuck scenes whose special effects looked like they were just unfinished), the plot made sense and didn't rape any of the story of the original GitS, and the world building was fucking wonderful on par with the original, the city truly felt alive it was superb.
>Overall I had fun
Can you please stop lying?

>>154893217
THAT makes the movie worth watching in your opinion?

fucking hell.
>>
>>154893306
what the fuck
The Major being a weapon shouldn't be the twist

okay spoil us the general plot
>>
>>154893063
>0.05 shekels have been deposited to your account
>>
>>154893351
Putain c'est embarrassant.
>>
How was beat takeshi
>>
>>154893063
>go from 8/10 to a fucking 6
what the fuck?

Robocop 2014 was an 8/10 for you?
>>
Spoil the ending, nobody here is gonna watch this shit so just spill the beans.
>>
>>154893971
I'm pretty sure he did: Kuze is actually the good guy, Hanka are trying to weaponize the major, Section 9's boss (I'm assuming Aramaki) shows up and shoots the bad guys.
>>
Will this push Animeshit onto normies like Iron Man did with Capeshit in 07?
>>
See any of the Tachikomas?
>>
>>154894068
pretty sure there's only the German smart-tank
>>
>>154894042
No he said there was something else that happens which is supposed to be the tweest
>>
>>154894109
this
>>154893217
is the twist.

Aramaki (or some other dude) shows up and shoots the bad guys.

That's his huge surprise.

One guy is good at shooting people.
>>
>>154894102
That sucks
>>
>>154894142
Oh then that's fucking awful.
>>
>>154894179
According to his rundown the only things that don't suck are the look of the city and some of the action scenes.
And if it's anything like the trailers, it's just slo-mo clusterfucks and holographic CGI everything. Apparently that's enough to make an 8/10 movie according to him.

>>154893063
Durandal I know it's you.
You were moved to tears by Lucy just because it was made by a european company and had lots of special effects, you aren't to be trusted when you say that it's an 8/10 to 6/10 movie.
>>
>>154892904
>Makoto
Motoko

and she's called Mira Killian in this version
>>
I got a question.

Was it better or worse than Arise?
>>
>>154895066
>Arise as bench mark
>>
>>154893063
All style, no substance. Just like every single Hollywood movie the past decade.
>>
>>154895164
Not even the correct style.
>>
>>154895116
Arise is at the very bottom of the GITS franchise. I just want to know if the movie was better than it or not.
>>
>>154895164
>Just like every single Hollywood movie the past decade.
You need to look out for the little movies. They have substance. The big blockbusters are the ones that suck (and oscarbait movies, they suck too).
>>
>>154895339
>Arise is at the very bottom
I dunno man, have you read Man-Machine Interface?
>>
>>154893063
>The fucking dialog, w/hat the fuck, it was horrendous it sucked so fucking bad, the dialog made this movie go from a 8/10 to a fucking 6
>There's virtually no dialog just people having monologues about pseudo-philosophical stuff and then that was it
So basically Innocence?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.