[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never watched a show so calm and disturbing without even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

I have never watched a show so calm and disturbing without even trying.

Thank you based sticky.
>>
Read it
>>
>>154890923
I never found Kino's Journey disturbing, just really eerie and comfy at the same time.

There's always that sense of danger and hostility lurking around but it's worth it for the journey and adventure. Hope the new anime has that same feeling.
>>
>>154890923
This show is really good at portraying how idiot human being can be when they worshiping society too damn much.
This show also makes me ask about what's the point in life.
I can't justify a person who live by staying in their country nor Kino who live by wandering.
>>
>>154890923
Those houses are gigantic.
>>
File: 1480987768504.png (158KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1480987768504.png
158KB, 379x440px
>>154891074
>be episode 12
>two countries are mass killing another inferior country
>not disturbing
>>
>>154891434
Really? It never disturbed me, though it was clearly wrong. Even then, I always thought the series gave the viewer the perspective of a traveller, so there's always that detachment from emotional involvement with each country. It was more interesting and tense than anything.
>>
>>154891434
I've always wondered why the people living in that village didn't just get the fuck out of there.
>>
File: volkino.jpg (56KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
volkino.jpg
56KB, 640x436px
some of the most atmospheric and thought-provoking anime i've ever seen

i've yet to read all the novels, but i always got the (probably incorrect) impression kino is horribly depressed and lost on the inside and even when she finds a place she can connect to she still has to leave because that's just how life is
>>
>>154891935
You'd be the same if 80% of the people you meet are murdering, corrupt psychopaths
>>
>>154891394
they look like fixtures in a stage play, honestly, the way they're so flat and symmetrical. makes me wonder if the entire saga is playing out in her head in some kind of coma dream where she's a parallel version of herself.
>>
File: itwasalladream.jpg (21KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
itwasalladream.jpg
21KB, 1024x576px
>>154892131
i mean...
>>
>>154892283
yeah, what was the deal with that? was it from her past or an allusion to her actual reality?
>>
>>154892443
could be either
i personally think it's just weird shit the writer threw in, but kino's world is very weird, it'd make sense if it was fake
>>
>>154890923
I actually hated that part of Kino's origin.

I thought it was kind of shallow that Kino's origin is just shock value.
>>
>>154892750
I would've preferred we never found out too, but I enjoy the way the story enriches the role of Hermes - "Kino" is the same she gives to all her riders (of which there have probably been dozens, maybe hundreds), flipping the vehicle/driver dichotomy on it's head.
>>
>>154892836
What are you talking about?
>>
Kino no Tabi is such a lovely introduction to philosophical concepts. If I were a teacher I would definitely utilize clips/episodes from this show to stimulate discussion in the classroom.
>>
>>154893009
The guy called Kino who was killed was probably the latest in a long line of riders of this conscious demi-god bike, is what I'm saying. The name "Kino" was given to the protagonist of the story by Hermes, just like it was given to him, and everyone before him.
>>
>>154893099
The other Kino never rode Hermes. He found the motorad and spent the whole episode making it rideable before getting stabbed. Also Hermes didn't name Kino - it was basically a misunderstanding that she didn't correct.
>>
>>154893307
God fucking dammit
>>
Land of Prophecies was my favourite I think.

Least favourite was the two parter, Coliseum. With all the action the simple art felt limiting rather than complimentary like in the other eps.

A little worried about what kind of art stlye the new one will have desu.
>>
It'd be fine if Kino wasn't a battle shonen plot armored protagonist.
>>
>>154892443
ACTUAL REALITY KINO IS NOT REAL
>>
>>154890923
It reminds me of old sci fi like the Illustrated Man or Martial Chronicles where there's just a bunch of weird short stories that give you small glimpses of how fucked up the overall human civilization of the future is.
>>
>>154895102
I thought you were talking about Stalker or something
>>
>>154895102
Reading it reminds me of the twilight zone. That's about all I know in that "genre" though, so there's probably other works that fit better though, like the works you mentioned maybe
>>
File: Kino_no_Tabi_v12_012.jpg (1014KB, 984x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Kino_no_Tabi_v12_012.jpg
1014KB, 984x1400px
>>154894713
The Kino is not real.

Therefore she is.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.