[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kill La Kill is a fucking masterpiece. Only faggots trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 4fd.jpg (50KB, 566x706px) Image search: [Google]
4fd.jpg
50KB, 566x706px
Kill La Kill is a fucking masterpiece. Only faggots trying to fit in disagree with me.
>>
>>154871160
I tried to like it but the artstyle, colors and animation really hurt my eyes.
>>
>>154871160
>Only faggots trying to fit in
you would know
>>
i liked the first half.

fell off a cliff hard the 2nd half.
>>
>>154871160
Okay, /v/.
>>
File: animation.gif (933KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
animation.gif
933KB, 350x197px
How can it be a masterpiece if it ran out of budget halfway in?
>>
File: friends.png (646KB, 652x544px) Image search: [Google]
friends.png
646KB, 652x544px
Ryuko and Setsuko are friends!
>>
>>154871534
Ask Evangelion.
>>
File: rlymakesuthink.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
rlymakesuthink.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>154871160
I thought faggots who try to fit in will say Kill la kill was actually good.
>>
>>154871160
a masterpiece of shit.
>>
>>154871900
well played

but klk is far from ambitious enough to make that happen like eva did
>>
>>154871488
Same as TTGL. Still nice, though.
>>
>>154872706
TTGL second half was fine.
>>
>>154872599
Do you think KLK would have worked replacing the action with brooding slideshows of the characters spelling out their feelings like in Eva?
Anyway I don't get the point of the gif you posted. That scene is a monologue, which by definition doesn't require particular animation, just the talking head of the character and eventually a cut to the person he's speaking to or to the landscape (which is what is happening in the gif).
If you posted some instance of tweening animation that wasn't functional or funny and just poorly replaced a scene that should have been animated, you could have had a point.
>>
>>154872995
It's a 13 second almost still image. And you know, you can show the characters doing the thinking, their facial animals, what they're doing... but this was clearly a shot for efficiency.
And the point was that this was just exemplary of the show in the later half. Fights are also getting both increasingly rare and increasingly cheap. Instead of true action sequences like at the start, it's lots of "moving so fast you cant see" and "*teleports behind you*" shit. If it's just one or a few of those little money/time savers, it's okay, but if it's all of them all the time, it compounds.
Most shows drop production quality in the middle and only pick it back up for the final episode(s), but another to drop it so far that the viewer is distracted by thoughts of "holy shit this really is looking cheap".
>>
File: 1489461122798.jpg (40KB, 298x292px) Image search: [Google]
1489461122798.jpg
40KB, 298x292px
KLK was only good for its fight scenes, and even that's stretching it a bit. It's probably one of the most boring shows I've ever watched. It's a solid 5 or 6; a masterpiece of mediocrity.
>>
Every single character but Satsuki is absolute shit. It's like they tried to make them annoying.
>>
>>154871160

I like Ryuko. She CAME UP FROM THE BOTTOM, AND INTO THE TOP

EUROBEAT HIJACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk1Q-BFgnPM
>>
>>154873601
>It's a 13 second almost still image
Of a landscape with the camera slowly moving from left to right. Nothing uncommon or really useful for saving resources, it's just a directorial choice.
As for the show in general, the drop in quality happens in the last quarter rather in the second half. 14 -18 are some of the most solid episodes quality wise, and 15 probably has the best fight.
19 - 20 are the lowest point. The episodes that had to be redrawn from scratch because of the one week delay and as a result have terrible pacing, storyboards and animation. I won't defend them.
21 has excellent animation for the last Ryuko vs Satsuki fight, even if the art is a little rough at times.
22 and 23 have an handful of scenes that clearly got more attention than the rest (the one you posted, the Senketsu gattai, the original life fiber finisher, etc), while the rest has plenty of shortcuts, but nothing you couldn't see even in the first half, if maybe used less often.
Then the last episode is obviously solid all around.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.