[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never found the appeal in these wish fullfillment kinds of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: dumb isekai.jpg (336KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
dumb isekai.jpg
336KB, 640x960px
I never found the appeal in these wish fullfillment kinds of isekai, convince me otherwise.
>>
>>154849400
>dumb isekai
>re:zero

lol whatever you say, OP.
>>
>>154849400
>wish fullfillment
>re:zero

You have some fucked up wishes, son. Get help.
>>
I like Re zero but who wants to be Subaru?
>>
>>154849423
>>154849445
You're going to be late for school kids.
>>
>>154849400
Well, for starter Re:Zero is one of those isekai that's not about wish fulfillment and more about how much it would suck to be suddenly be stuck in another world with no idea of what's going on.

Subaru gets shit on hard.

Also inb4 350 posts in this blatant bait thread
>>
Is getting brutally murderd every episode wish fulliment?

Retarded OP
>>
Post isekai protags better then subaru
>>
>>154849512
The OP never refered to Re:zero was wish fullfillment, only as dumb.
Thus your argument is invalid.
>>
>>154849400
>never found the appeal in these wish fullfillment
The viewer's wishes get fulfilled, so the viewer is temporarily happy.
>>
>>154849609
But I like watching the journey of someone else, not someone I can insert onto.
>>
>>154849400

>wish fulfillment

You haven't watched the show at all have you?
>>
>>154849683
see
>>154849576
"these" doesn't have to refer to anything present, "these shows I keep hearing about" "these people I keep seeing"
>>
>>154849702

>I never found the appeal in these wish fullfillment kinds of isekai, convince me otherwise.

Uh-huh.
>>
>>154849737
Doesn't specifically refer to re:zero (or have to, he only refered to "these kinds of wish fullfillment isekai" I only called it dumb by applying the filename to it.
learn 2 english
>>
>>154849683
>>154849737

It is nice to watch someone, a protagonist, who is eternally getting brutally destroyed to fulfill my amusement needs. Not all wish fulfillment requires to self-insert, if at all, in anime. Actually, why would you need to self-insert at all to be amused? Are you mentally ill?
>>
>get put into world
>act like retard
>somehow get with the girl
>other girl falls in love with you after you do almost fuck all but fuck up
whoah... so this... is the power of... the self insert..
Unironically though, he's just unreasonably stupid, and that's why I think it's dumb.
>>
>>154849512
He could just walk away instead he throws himself into being killed over and over like an idiot
>>
>>154849799

Nothing personnel...kid...
>>
>>154850212
>caring about inconsequential people
>>
>>154849959
I think it was established by spoiler anons that he can't exactly controll himself. He is bound to save EMT as many times as is needed and never leave her side.
>>
>>154850981
Righ, because he is a fucking idiot white knight cuck
>>
>>154849873
He fails in our eyes as we see each loop. In their eyes he is a hero who can do no wrong (until that Emilia fuck up) and saves everyone selflessly every time.
>>
>>154850993
So are you saying that he's an imperfect human being that does some things not the way you'd like him to do with your benefit of perspective and knowing fuck ton more about his surroundings than he could ever know? Oh wait it seems that you were a retard here all along. My condolences.
>>
File: 1489710571170.png (49KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
1489710571170.png
49KB, 864x576px
>>154850993
Are people really this stupid?
>>
>>154849400

Lord knows we cant convince stubborn mules. Its probably easier to convince you to kill yourself.
>>
>>154849702
OP doesn't say 'pic unrelated' so pic is obviously related. Learn how 4chan works.
>>
>>154851066
Im saying he is a fucking idiot and I have the right to laugh at his stupidity and feel no sympathy for his deaths
>>
>>154849764
>He
>I
Nice try OP, you're a faggot.
>>
>>154849873
it's almost as if the girls don't actually see him being retarded and fucking up like we do
>>
I enjoyed Re:Zero,it definetly didnt feel like wish fulfillment. The MC DIDNT get any cool powers, or special abilities. He just got a horrific, and very limited respawn ability. Which, if you didnt notice, was very limited- and painful.

I just didnt like him - Subaru as a character sometimes, what with the posing and acting weird.

Also, the plot is very compact. While it SEEMS long, due to the restarts, he gets NO FUCKING TIME to train, or do anything. The plot is very unfair.

It's like being thrown into a high level adventure, and you're a first level scrub.
>>
File: 1488744803385.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488744803385.png
247KB, 500x411px
>>154851180
Why did Whitefox turn him into an autist?
>>
File: 1477466566248.jpg (171KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477466566248.jpg
171KB, 1280x1600px
>>154849873
>Has a girl that likes him
>Finally gets a girlfriend
>Aspires to become a better person for her sake
>Said girlfriend gets her soul eaten and erased from existence literally moments after because Satella likes giving big "fuck yous"

Sure, fulfillment.
>>
>>154851180
Additionally- the first part, is what, just a whole day?

In it, he has to somehow deal with a master assasin. With no training. Or skills. Or abilities.

Then, the second part, the plot only allows around 5 days to pass.In said 5 day loop, he learns- How to be a house servant.AMAZING SKILLS! Oh, and then he has to deal with Dog Demons, Monsters, Curses, and being murdered by his own 'friends', who are super skilled warriors.

FINALLY, the final chapter of the anime, has him dealing with ever weirder shit, in a few days time- while having to deal with political and economic masterminds- while lest we forget, he knows nothing about this world.

No, this is unfair as fuck.
>>
>>154851180
I think that the problem with Subaru for most anons is that they can't selfinsert into him because he's not Kirito type of character. Subaru is being an akward retard sometimes makes him a better character. Every good characters has his specific flaws it's just so happens that his flaw is being not so bright.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>failed beta male go to "isekai" and becomes super-alpha male

wew lads
why do people love this cringefest?
>>
>>154849400
>convince me otherwise
So you're asking me to convince you that you actually found them appealing?
>>
>>154851268
>becomes super-alpha male
Where?
>>
>>154851268
>Super-alpha male
>Gets his shit pushed in by the most beta autistic fuccboi merchant you could ever see
>>
>>154851258
No, you don't understand. He's just too retarded, immediately he thinks he's in an isekai or some shit and starts mindlessly follow after somebody who looks nice despite that being tip top tier stupid and something nobody anywhere does unless they're in africa and looking to prey.
>>
>>154849400
>convince me otherwise
No. Fuck you.
>>
>>154851331
No, you don't understand. Emilia is his boner fuel. She checked every one of his fetishes.
>>
>>154851331
His retardation and his stupidity and over acting got me nearly dropping the series. He just overacts and acts weird, like some autist roleplaying.

I chose to think that he's so crushed by the horror of deaths he's lived that he's pulling a Spiderman- faking comedy and autism to cope.

I mean, the novels and mangas developed the point harder than the anime did- he suffers a LOT with each death. It's not Groundhog's day , where it's like "CLIIIIIIICK", and no mental trauma.
>>
>>154851331
Are you fucking serious? First of all any otaku in that situation would assume he's an isekai protag. There is no other good explanation anyway. Secondly, he wasn't brought there by chance he was specifically brought there by Satella and specifically with the mission connected to Emilia. He's literally following her because he has to. Also she's the first thing he likes about that world. He has to cling to something.
>>
File: CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES.jpg (28KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES.jpg
28KB, 405x720px
>>154851258
>tfw actually saw myself in Subaru because of how much of a loser he is
>>
File: 14657548.png (88KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
14657548.png
88KB, 890x876px
>>154851250
>With no training. Or skills. Or abilities.

Other than him being /fit/ and being in a fair share of fights in his life. Despite that he got his belly sliced by the end of it. Only after Elsa started getting serious, as she was fucking around and playing with the group until Reinhardt came in. Because you know, master assassin that can regrow limbs isn't fucking overpowered and needs to worry about getting hurt. Did I also forget to mention she had an anti-magic cloak?

>How to be a house servant.AMAZING SKILLS

No he doesn't, he's still really shit at it. Despite a month of working at the mansion. The only thing he's good at is sewing which was his hobby.

>Oh, and then he has to deal with Dog Demons, Monsters, Curses, and being murdered by his own 'friends', who are super skilled warriors.

Yes he did.

>while having to deal with political and economic masterminds- while lest we forget, he knows nothing about this world.

Anastasia is readable because of her Greed. Crusch was much harder but ultimately her attachment to Wilhelm caused her to cave in. Mind you Rem also helped make plans for the negotiation. Mining rights? Rem's idea. She was also the one who held Subaru back from fucking up.
>>
>>154851373
The snowball throwing fetish is truly patrician, not every man has such refined tastes.
>>
>>154851527
Bro, what I'm saying is that it's ultimately an unfair difficulty.

In most series that I've seen where "Guy Gets Sent To Another World With No Powers" or "Guy Gets Involved With Magical World", like El Hazard, the dangers and challenges are easy- and it's more slice of life and comedy.

Here, he's at best, someone in good physical condition, having to deal with monsters, super assasins, beast demons dogs, and political crap beyond his grasp....within a few weeks. Has even a MONTH passed since the story begins at the end of the manga in Real Time, discounting deaths?

It's not fair at all.
Everything's hardmode.
>>
File: 1478989456725.jpg (224KB, 728x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1478989456725.jpg
224KB, 728x1160px
>>154851258
Subaru is smart though. The problem with him is that he's a victim to his own vices. Being that he believes he's some sort of special snowflake and that guides him throughout the arcs. Plus you know, Witch fuckery.

Its noted that Subaru also treats people like NPCs up until the later half of the second arc because he's a dick like that. His clownish behavior is also really paper-thin. As his real personality is more of a resemblance to Roswaal, but not a dick.
>>
>>154851527
Oh, and additionally, I mean that once the second chapter kicks in- he doesnt get a chance to learn how to fight, or something useful- all he gets to do is learn how to be a manservant....and read and write.

Not very useful skills when he's trying to learn how to survive againts Witch Cultists, Demon Dogs, Monsters, Assasins, Super Soldiers, and the like.

Sewing, man. Useful as ffffffuck.
>>
>>154849873
From the girls perspective he is like the most Gary Stu hero in the world.
>Saves you from deadly threats that are practically insurmountable
>when you don't even know him
>He gets severely wounded during the process
>Repeats process multiple times
The occasional sperging is very small in the grand scheme of things, Emilia rejected him at first out of guilt more than anger.
>>
>>154851632
Actually two months passed in-time. If we included the loops its longer than that. Its still unfair as fuck though.
>>
>>154851653
>Its noted that Subaru also treats people like NPCs up until the later half of the second arc
Huh, that's pretty interesting and seems reasonable considering that he believes he's in some sort of NPC. Obviously any more empathetic person wouldn't be able to do that even if they were actually NPC. Honestly if I were put into the world that is explicitly stated to be RPG and people were actually realistic enough I probably wouldn't be able to hurt them anyway.
>>
>>154851728
*meant RPG in first sentance
>>
File: 147576757.png (113KB, 895x935px) Image search: [Google]
147576757.png
113KB, 895x935px
>>154849959
He kinda can't there have been hints even in arc 3 that he's BOUND to her.

>A dark hand

Like it couldn't get any more obvious. But if we are going to spoiler territory Roswaal set up Subaru's first meeting with Emilia to bring Subaru under his faction because he wanted to revive his dead Witch waifu. So if he did escape his Witch fuckery he'd be hunted down regardless.
>>
>>154851580
She can also count stairs
>>
File: 1489971731129.jpg (1MB, 1512x1904px) Image search: [Google]
1489971731129.jpg
1MB, 1512x1904px
Is this place the thinly veiled?
>>
>>154851972
Nope, just a shitposter-kun thread. We won't be having any until new translations come out.
>>
>>154849873
He actually was reather selfless with Rem and went through a lot of punishment for her sake in the mansion's last loop so it's understandable that she likes him
>>
>>154849400

I'm not sure this qualifies as wish fulfillment. Maybe some, but not compared to the usual CHOSEN ONE SUPER POWERS ALL DA BITCHES LOVE HIM type since he gets shit on constantly and never stopped veing a loser
>>
>>154851390

It's because he thinks he's in a fucking anime, the overacting is almost always when he's following the tropes to a T.
>>
File: confused_anime_slut.jpg (393KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
confused_anime_slut.jpg
393KB, 950x720px
>>154849400
pic related is the only reason to watch the show
>>
If Re:Zero aired in the 90s and Eva aired today, people would have praised Subaru and insult anyone who hates him by saying "too deep for you" and Shinji would get this treatment. Turn off your nostalgia glasses and your brain, turn on your dick and enjoy the show.
>>
>>154853368
What's this girls name?
>>
>>154854964
Fag
>>
>>154854227

>turn off your brain

No, fuck you, grow standards.

Re: Zero is good with your brain on, though
>>
>>154849455
Ain't nobody wants to be Barusu.
I'm only following the series to watch him spiral unto madness.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.