[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone on /co/ freaking out over Jack slitting that bitch's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Shimizu.gif (897KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Shimizu.gif
897KB, 500x281px
>everyone on /co/ freaking out over Jack slitting that bitch's throat
Meanwhile in Japan...
>>
Stay there, you piece of trash.
>>
That's because /co/ is full of cocksucking faggots. This includes you too.
>>
File: kaori.gif (992KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
kaori.gif
992KB, 500x269px
>>154779922
>>154779953
You're missing the point. I'm saying we're used to seeing more fucked up shit like gif related in anime. I don't frequent /co/ you shitheads.
>>
>>154780100
>everyone on /co/ freaking out over Jack slitting that bitch's throat
You sure don't.
>>
>>154780100
> I'm saying we're used to seeing more fucked up shit like gif related in anime.

That's because you only watch Cartoon Network cartoons. There are a lot of fucked up shitty over here too, /co/ck sucker.
>>
I feel like there's context being skipped over.
Wasn't samurai jack literally a kids show for four seasons?
>>
>>154780406
It came back and adult swim picked it up, meaning that they can push higher with the gore and blood, and actually have general cutting against flesh. Anime has never been shy about showing the cruelties of fighting, but the west has always been reluctant thanks to the wave of soccar mom's and now neo-feminists. Example: If you go back and watch the old TMNT show, you'll notice that Leo and Raph are never shown actually fighting/hitting anything with their weapons unless they're robots. In all other seens, they hit with the hilt/fists/kicks.
>>
>>154780406
General Tartar sauce brought more mature themes to Cartoon Network with samurai jack. This continued with clone wars right after.
>>
>>154780406
Yeah, that's the reason, they knew it was going to happen but not how and when. There are a lot of gore in comics so they are not shocked because of shit like OP's gif.
>>
>>154780583
>>154780613
I think that's where the surprise/commotion comes from, going from kids show to more gory show in, if you were to watch it all at once, an abrupt moment.
I guess a good comparison would be Doraemon having an episode where he dies of pancreatic cancer or something like that, it's just kind of unexpected.
I could be wrong, I know little outside of what I got from the thread right now.
>>
>>154780359
Yeah but the difference is that those deaths are usually reserved for comedy. This death was serious and /co/ is flipping a shit.
>>
>>154780406
The creator originally wanted it to be more darker but it got picked up by Cartoon Network. So pretty much for 4 seasons to get away with Jack killing things they made all his enemies robots, creature and whatever other monsters to get awa with showing violence and death. There were rarely any human enemies he fought and when he did he never killed them to avoid showing blood.
Since the new season got picked up by Adult Swim they can get away with more stuff. Jack killed his first human enemy last episode after going though 4 seasons fighting robots and shit. He's also been trapped in the future for like 50 years now fighting and he still hasn't aged a bit and is pretty much going nuclear at this point. His first human kill is pretty much gonna fuck him up, considering in inner mind has been telling him to kill himself already.
>>
>>154780727
There's a word for it. I think tvtropes tried to usurp it, but I believe it predates them. They call it a "Genre Shift", when the tone, or the outright entire theme or genre of the show suddenly changes with little warning. Madoka is another example of this.
>>
>>154780824
Yea that's what I was going for, it's not as much the gore as much as the sudden existence of it.
It gets people every it happens, more or less.
It happened for Meguca, Gaim, Ex-aid, Psycho-pass, and probably a bunch of other shit I can't think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>154779864
People feeling bad despite the fact that Jack comes from medieval Japan and rightfully killed a fucking bitch that stabbed a knife in his gut.

>Implying the concept of adolescence existed in Japan when farming families already had their kids help with the farm at a young age.

>Implying it isn't bullshit how these girls injured Jack far easier than the Scotsman did.
>>
>>154780823
>His first human kill is pretty much gonna fuck him up
He didn't really give a fuck though.
>>
>>154779864
Invisible truck?
>>
>>154781747
His expression shows he's pretty shocked, but he's just been stabbed in the gut and has six murderwaifus hunting him down so he doesn't dwell on it for long.
>>
>>154782781
Tractor. The tire sticks out to the side a bit on those.
>>
>>154783042
But why is it invisible?
>>
>>154783413
It's not. The left side of that webm has a weird filter on it. The tire is normally visible.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.