[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw Ghost in the Shell for the first time. Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: images (12).jpg (20KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
20KB, 512x287px
I just saw Ghost in the Shell for the first time.

Thoughts?

Influential, overrated, confusing, masterpiece, pretentious?
>>
>>154765414
I dunno, what's your thoughts?
You were the one who saw it recently.
>>
File: 1489895328906.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489895328906.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
Loved the movie, specially when it went off the rails.
>>
>>154765414
It scares me when I see people actually asking for genuine opinions from /a/ users.
>>
I can see how it influenced a lot of people after it came out because of the ideas that it brought up; but it doesnt do much for me as a movie.

But it never followed on any of them, the movie stops for minutes to talk about interesting ideas (like how memories can be hacked and what that means for a person's sense of reality) then moves on to an action sense or an artsy montage of a dystopian city
>>
Major is a villain.
>>
the movie speaks for itself
there arent any subtle themes other than major and the puppet master being opposites of eachother
>>
Me too, I watched it for the first time today and I must say it wasn't as spectacular as everyone was describing it to be.

Sure, I really enjoyed this movie, its artstyle was great, its animation was great and I really love the themes of "what really makes a human human" presented there. But everything else was ok at best, for example characters weren't fleshed out enough.

Nonetheless it's a good movie with a lot of unused potential. [8/10]
>>
>>154765926
Really? I wouldn't say they are opposites. On the contrary, I would say that the movie makes a point of showing how similar they are.
>>
>>154765926
>>154767279
>opposites
Why whould you like to fuse with your opposite? Whould not that could potentially bring some offspring with some fucked up treats?

The puppet master proactively searched for the major based on how similar they were. I'm not pulling this out of my ass, watch the scene on the museum again, it is al explained in there
>>
>>154766243
>Nonetheless it's a good movie with a lot of unused potential
Hmmm, I would say that the important character, the major, is fleshed enough to convey the philosophical themes.

As many movies based on something else, it sure lets lots of material out, maybe you would be interested on reading the manga to know more about the major, and how the movie only took the bare essentials of her presonality.
>>
>>154766243
>Me too, I watched it for the first time today and I must say it wasn't as spectacular as everyone was describing it to be.
Keep in mind it was released in 1995.
>>
>>154767279
You're right and that's the point. The theme of ghost in the shell is the definition of humanity; the Major has so little human parts left that she questions what it means to be human, then she meets an AI with no human parts that has a ghost.
>>
the tree of evolution appears in Angel's Egg too
>>
>>154765414
>hurr durr I'm too retarded to think for myself
Form your own opinions rather than seeking validation from this shit hole you fucking moron.
>>
File: arise.png (330KB, 640x834px) Image search: [Google]
arise.png
330KB, 640x834px
>>154765414

Can a ghost in the shell fan explain to me what order I should watch the 'Arise' series/movies in? For some reason this is just confusing as fuck for me.
>>
>>154770496
just watch the latter series as it streamlines shit and edits some scenes
>>
>>154770496
>what order I should watch the 'Arise' series/movies in
Are you having trouble with basic arithmetic? ARISE movies are literally numbered from 1 to 4. The TV show just recaps the movies and adds a few things.
>>
>>154765783
but why?
>>
A little too much navel-gazing in the movie, in my opinion. Well, more like the transitions between several minutes of talking philosophy and humanity and then action or other scenes were not as smooth as they should have been. I liked the movie but that point stuck out to me.
>>
>>154765414
Overrated. MC is also a whore.
>>
>>154770496
Ok, so for Arise the original release was the 4 episode OVA. The series was adapated into a tv series where each episode was split into two parts and edited slightly differently, this is called Arise Alternative Architecture. The tv series also adds 2 new episodes called pyrophoric cult parts 1 & 2 which were compiled into a 5th OVA episode that was never released in America. Pyrophoric Cult leads directly into Ghost in the Shell - The New Movie. I like the OVA better than the TV series, but either one works. Just watch OVA -> Pyrophoric Cult -> New Movie
>>
>>154765414
SAC was better.
>>
>>154770496
Don't.
>>
>>154769334
>not understanding the basic idea of the archetype of the Shadow
>not understanding the concept of thesis+anthesis=synthesis

murda urself my man
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.