[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gratuitous fan service >yelled "special moves"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Ryūko_Matoi_close-up.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ryūko_Matoi_close-up.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>gratuitous fan service
>yelled "special moves"
>theme song is played each episode to try and make fights dramatic
>ryuko pulls special abilities out of her ass to win fights
>"IMPOSSIBLE! HOW DID SHE DO THAT??"
i was told this was good, what the fuck
>>
>>154763199
you just don't like imaishit
>>
You were lied to. Blame Reddit.
>>
>>154763232
>>154763276
so thats it, huh? i actually enjoyed the first 2 episodes...
fucking hell
>>
Its deep anon, you wouldn't get it.

>Using the recurring theme of clothing, thread and scissors as both a parody of the Magical Girl Transformation trope and of the clothing being a restriction on ones self-worth
>Dat ass tho
>>
>>154763199
Who told you that?
>>
>>154763199
>Set out to hate show. End up hating show.
>Doesn't know if he likes Trigger by now.
>Missed the ride when it was airing.
Kind of feel bad for you anon.
>>
>>154763340
>deep
>using clothing that transforms into mechas as an analogy for economic models
yeah bullshit, they could have done it with rock paper scissors to the same effect

>>154763375
a friend or two, but in hindsight they arent good friends

>>154763380
>Set out to hate show
no, i legitimately thought it was good. I enjoyed the comedic relief and at first I thought that the whole special move yelling was just something to make fun of for the insignificant fighting.. so much for that
>>
>>154763517
>just something to make fun of for the insignificant fighting
It is though. Did you finish it?
>>
>>154763634
I just watched 1-14, ryuko is about to fight the loli. Probably finish it tomorrow.

the whole lampooning-fight-scenes vibe disappeared pretty fast. Bondageguy was dumb because of the whole "special power out of ass" thing, haxxorguy was barely a fight at all, and the musicgirl fight was another special power. And yet none of them had anything close to a satirical tone to them. It was dead serious and trying to get away with it
>>
>>154763199

It feels like fan service at first, but after a number of episodes your inner pervert gets numbed by the excess of ass and tits and you end up realizing that the point was never to please or titillate, but to make a point about sexuality and clothing. If by episode 10 you're still looking at it sexually you're either a turbo pervert or a teenager.

Saying it's fan service is like going to a nudist beach and thinking a massive orgy is about to start.
>>
>>154763741
But you already saw by at the after credits of 12 that they were all supposed to lose anyway.
It's not satire but it's not serious, something in between that is probably fun.
>>
>>154763894
no, i picked up on that pretty fast with the whole embarrassment thing and whatshisface taking his clothes off all the time. the problem is when the only interesting thing in a fight is some flopping tits as she dodges a laser beam or whatever.

>>154763977
>fun
i dont find it fun to slog through all these fights that arent satirical at all. they are bland. does it actually get better than just one baddie per episode? if it doesnt i probably wont finish
>>
>>154764047
Yeah they are pretty much done with baddie per episode after Nui
>>
File: 1473834464580.png (137KB, 341x297px) Image search: [Google]
1473834464580.png
137KB, 341x297px
>>154764139
ill keep my hopes up then
>>
>>154764139
>>154764189
Except it turns into no fun allowed mode and takes it's self WAY too seriously and misses the point of the first episode entirely.
>>
>gratuitous fanservice
>yelled special movies
>a bad thing

are you sure you like anime, friend?
>>
It's supposed to be over the top and ridiculous. I'm not sure what you expected.
>>
>>154764233
well that is disappointing

>>154764266
i wouldnt mind those things if it was being made fun of in any amount but that just stopped happening.

>>154764336
i expected over the top for the sake of being fun, not for the sake of being cool
>>
File: GTA MAYO complete.png (990KB, 1320x1666px) Image search: [Google]
GTA MAYO complete.png
990KB, 1320x1666px
Kill la Kill is the kind of anime you watch in a group. Whether it's /a/ or a real person next to you, it becomes a lot better when you have somebody to discuss things with. You have no idea what a single episode can do to a community

You've likely heard of Mayoiga. It was a terrible anime by itself, but the threads were something else. People who could write, would write - the texts they were mostly erotic in nature. People who could use photoshop would use it and create fun collages. Drawfags drew - again, mostly erotic pictures. All this among rampant specula and shitty posts. The anime might've been among the worst that season, but the threads were nice.

I wish I had that summary picture saved, but hopefully some other anon could provide it instead.
>>
I was told KLK was flavor of the month and would be forgotten weeks after it aired
>>
>>154765596
>Picture
How did that shit end? Were they all dead?
>>
>>154763199
It's only good for fapping and waifuing. If you're looking for something beyond that than you're out of luck.
>>
>>154765720
They faced their innermost fears and half went home to the old lives while half stayed behind.
>>
>>154763199
>gratuitous fanservice
>>>/v/
>>
>>154764336
it wasnt though, the surrealism of the show ended literally minutes after it started, with the scene of the dude chasing that other dude through the school. that scene meant to set a tone for the show that didnt last at all, where FLCL was able to sustain it throughout, likely because it was far shorter

the expectation of surrealism they offered only made the show worse by contrasting it to the reality of the product
>>
>>154765770
Did tsundere win?
>>
If you want pure stupidity watch Ninja Slayer or Inferno Cop.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.